• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Uniform number

Kinda funny that when I type in Nessa and Milo's numbers, I get Corruption and Bad Work respectively, despite it apparently being To Swim and Vegatables.

Kinda funny that when I type in Nessa and Milo's numbers, I get Corruption and Bad Work respectively, despite it apparently being To Swim and Vegatables.
that's cause there are different ways of reading these numbers and the generator is not exhaustive.

In this case, the generator uses on'yomi for the entire number, but to get vegetables (yasai) you'd need the kun'yomi reading of 8, which is やつ (sounds like yatsu), making it go from hanzai (crime) to yasai (vegetables).

I dunno what the rules for goroawase reading are exactly, though

that's cause there are different ways of reading these numbers and the generator is not exhaustive.

In this case, the generator uses on'yomi for the entire number, but to get vegetables (yasai) you'd need the kun'yomi reading of 8, which is やつ (sounds like yatsu), making it go from hanzai (crime) to yasai (vegetables).

I dunno what the rules for goroawase reading are exactly, though

Oh, I see. Didn't now that. Interesting.

My number is 21, the number I used to use as part of my username (StormDragon21) until I realized that on more popular sites, there were likely to be more than 21 Storm Dragons already. I don’t know if there’s a goroawase for it, but if anyone can come up with one I’d appreciate it!

but if anyone can come up with one I’d appreciate it!
@Dieter linked a goroawase calculator earlier in the thread. I tried plugging it in and got something in kanji and katakana. The word in kanji (I think it's kanji) is mildly inappropriate, though that might just be the error of google translate. The word in katakana is じい, old man.
自慰 -> masturbating

@Dieter linked a goroawase calculator earlier in the thread. I tried plugging it in and got something in kanji and katakana. The word in kanji (I think it's kanji) is mildly inappropriate, though that might just be the error of google translate. The word in katakana is じい, old man.
自慰 -> masturbating

...are you absolutely sure you can’t change your number?

Google translate is bad translating at translating from Chinese and Japanese, judging by what happened when Clyde "Tomato" Mandelin passed the whole script of Final Fantasy IV through it. Thrice. Last time Edge even went into Samuel L. Jackson mode.

Yes, but! Fear not!

The generator prolly tries to pick a fun/relevant/interesting word. However, the hiragana you got is じい, or zi-i. Which can als be interpreted as 辞意 (Intention to resign) or 次位 (second place), for example. Also, did you pick 21 or 021?

Yes, but! Fear not!

The generator prolly tries to pick a fun/relevant/interesting word. However, the hiragana you got is じい, or zi-i. Which can als be interpreted as 辞意 (Intention to resign) or 次位 (second place), for example. Also, did you pick 21 or 021?
Just 21.

And honestly, I think “intention to resign” is worse.

026 for ny birthday and my lucky number just add the 0 at the front to make it 3 numbers

My uniform number is 426, the National Pokedex number for my favorite Pokémon, Drifblim, in Shield.
I haven't started my Sword file yet, and won't until HOME releases, but I feel like my uniform number there will be something different.

Yes, but! Fear not!

I agree in not worrying too much about it. Without taking goroawase into account (I didn’t with my number), 21 reminds me most of the card game, aka Blackjack, which brings an air of sophistication and a strategic mind.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom