• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unova:A New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Storm

Summoner of Lightning
Reaction score
Unova. The most recently discovered region of the pokemon world. Unlike its predecessors, the Unova Region is inhabited by only Unovan Race pokemon, with none originating from other regions. This isolation has led to a lacking of knowledge of other regions pokemon,and the Pokemon League decided to take action. To end this isolation, the Pokemon League has sent letters to many prevalent and somewhat successful trainers from all over, offering a free trip to the Unova Region, with the only requirement on their part being that they must, if a beginner wishes to do so, be willing to journey through the region with new trainers who are just beginning their own journeys. The invited trainers still willing to make the trip are now arriving at the port in Canalave City, where they will await their transportation to the Unova Region.

Ok this is going to be a Journey RP through the Unova Region. Like I said above, there will be 2 types of trainers:Unovan trainers who are about to begin their journey after the arrival of the veterans, and veteran trainers from any region except Unova. Here are the Rules, Sign-Up Requirements, and, in the near future, my own sign-up for my character, so you can see what your own sign-up should ideally look like.

RULES
1. Standard Bulbagarden Forum Rules apply here. If you have any experience in RP's on this site you should at the very least be familiar with them already.

2.No Psuedo-Legendaries or Legendaries allowed

3.Please refrain from tennis posting. This makes it difficult for those hoping to catch up on what they have missed.

4.My word and the word of any assistant GM I appoint for this RP is law.

5.If you actually read this, put the word "Spectrum" somewhere in your sign-up

6.Veteran trainers are allowed to bring up to four pokemon with them, each with a moveset of up to six moves.The pokemon can be from any region except Unova.

7.Beginning trainers will initially only have a starter pokemon. The starter can be any non-psuedo, non-legendary Unova pokemon that can evolve at least once except for Archen and Tirtuga.

8.I reserve the rights to change these rules as I see fit at any time.

(* denotes that a field is optional)

Name:What is your character commonly known as

Nickname*:What does your character go by with friends, family, and other people close to him/her?

Sexuality:Again, self-explanatory

Home Region:For veterans characters, you can choose from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, or Sinnoh. For characters just beginning their journey as a trainer, this is automatically Unova.

Personality:How does you character normally act and live? Does this change when he/she is under certain emotions or around certain people? Please elaborate as much as possible

Appearance:What are the physical features of your character? What does he/she typically wear?

Picture*:If you have one, put a image of your character here to give us a clear idea of what he/she looks like.

History:Tell the story of your character's life so far. Try to have at least a two paragraph minimum.Obviously, I will expect more for the history of veteran trainer characters than that of a beginner character.

Role:Is your character a veteran trainer or a beginning trainer?

Other:put anything about your character that you find important that doesn't belong in any of the other sections here.

Pokemon (Use the following format for each pokemon your character has)
________

Pokemon Species:What pokemon is it?

Nickname*:What does your character refer to him/her/it as?

Gender:Male,Female,or Unknown. This should be self-explanatory.

Moveset:Up to six moves that the pokemon knows. This will change as they progress throughout the RP. Also, for pokemon belonging to a veteran trainer, try to avoid using Gen. V moves here at least initially.

Here's my character sign-up.

Name:Jett Hurland

Nickname*:Scope

Sexuality:Heterosexual

Home Region:Sinnoh

Personality:Jett is typically somewhat friendly to everyone whom has not severely wronged him in the past. He is somewhat akin to a hopeless romantic, though his inconsistent shyness sometimes prevent him from showing this trait to anyone. At times, he may have a somewhat short-fused temper, but he generally means well.While in a battle, Jett is typically calm and calculative, always trying to stay three steps ahead of his opponent.

Appearance:Jett is fairly tall and is in relatively good shape. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He typically wears a red jacket with a black t-shirt underneath, a pair of black jeans, red and black tennis shoes, and, on occasion, an altered Aura Reader which greatly enhances his eyesight, hence his nickname "Scope"

Picture*:If you have one, put a image of your character here to give us a clear idea of what he/she looks like.

History:Jett was born and raised in Orreburg City in Sinnoh. He grew up with a fairly good childhood, being born into a somewhat-rich family. When he turned eight years old, Jett recieved his first pokemon, a Turtwig. Naming the aforementioned Grass Type Gaia, Jett immediately began training. When he was ten years old, Jett left his home to embark on his own journey as a trainer, a journey that would prove to be somewhat successful. While he would not defeat the entire Pokemon League, thanks to Cynthia's battling skill, Jett, like his pokemon, grew and learned from each defeat. After finishing his attempt at the Sinnoh League, Jett ventured to the Hoenn Region to attempt their League. He ended up with similar results as he did with his original League Challenge, losing to the Hoenn Champion, though he did evolve Gaia and add to his already good-sized team in the process.

After finishing his journey in Hoenn, Jett returned to Orreburg where he took interest in his old hobby of collecting gems, stones, and other minerals. Consequently, he spent an increasing amount of time each day in the Sinnoh Underground to pass the time as he tried to find a new goal. A few months later, Jett found this new goal when he received a letter from the Pokemon League inviting him to journey through the Unova Region. He quickly began preparing for the journey, and left for it as soon as he could.

Role:Veteran Trainer

Other:*insert clever Spectrum pun here*

Pokemon
________

Spr_5b_389.png

Pokemon Species:Torterra

Nickname*:Gaia

Moveset:Seed Bomb, Giga Drain, Frenzy Plant, Light Screen, Wood Hammer, Sand Tomb
________

Spr_5b_334.png

Pokemon Species:Altaria

Nickname*:Melody

Moveset:Sky Attack,Dragon Pulse, Sing, Draco Meteor,Dream Eater, Safeguard
_________

Spr_4d_065_m.png

Pokemon Species:Alakazam

Nickname*:Magus

Moveset:Teleport,Energy Ball, Psychic, Reflect, Future Sight, Shadow Ball
________

Spr_5b_448.png

Pokemon Species:Lucario

Nickname*:Aurora

Moveset:Aura Sphere, Dig,Hyper Beam, Bone Rush, Force Palm, Extremespeed

Current Characers
Veteran Characters
(Format:Trainer-Username-Pokemon)

Jett Hurland-InfinityLuxray-Torterra, Altaria, Lucario, & Alakazam

Katarzyna Dolinska-cityvillian-Swampert ,Banette,Chimecho,Aggron

Nathan Parker-GroundTrainer-Flygon, Gastrodon (E)

Beginner Characters
(Format:Trainer-Username-Starter)

Michael Alucard-Black Butler-Snivy

Tyler Jacobson-Hyper Beam-Oshawott

We will start when we have about 6 Veteran and at least 5 Beginner Characters.

Last edited:
Quick question. Are we allowed to have more than one character?

Name: Tyler Jacobson

Nickname*: N/A

Sexuality: Straight/Hterosexual

Home Region: Unova

Personality: Tyler is very optimistic. He likes to take challenges and hates taking shortcuts. He likes being around other people. Therefore, he hates solitude. He likes to help other people solve their problems. Tyler is rather shy. He is always happy with what he can have. He hates when other people are unhappy. Overall he is a nice friend to have, and is good to be around.

Appearance: He stands at almost exactly 5'10. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He is rather handsome, and wears a black and blue shirt and black pants, with blue stripes down the side. He is in very good shape. He has a muscular build and wide shoulders.

Picture*:

History: He always lived in Nuemva Town, with his mom, dad, brother and sister. His brother was a very good Pokemon trainer, which got Tyler interested in it at a young age. He aspires to become the Unova League Champion. He would always go into the woods and try to catch Pokemon without Pokeballs. Obviously, he could not, so now he can't wait to get his first Pokemon. He hopes to be just like his brother. He alaways has dreams of himself winning the Pokemon League, but other times it would be Zekrom or Reshiram trying to attack him. One day he was out in the woods and he saw Reshiram and Zekrom fighting. Now, he is afraid that they will attack him.

Role: Beginning Trainer

Other: Spectrum. Also, InfinityLuxray, since you are a veteran trainer, may I travel with you? And finally, are we allowed to catch psuedo-legendaries in the wild, because I am very fond of Heidregon.

Pokemon
________

Pokemon Species: Oshawott

Nickname*: Tidal

Moveset: Tackle, Water Gun, Razor Shell

Last edited:
@Hyper Beam;Denied but barely. I need you to flesh out your character. What makes him unique. What are his hopes? His dreams? His fears?Did trying to primitively catch pokemon ever leave him with a fear of certain pokemon? Elaborate and it should be good. Also, if I do allow psuedos to be caught it won't be until fat later in the RP.

Also to answer your question abuot the pairing, that will be done once we have a few more people signed up.

Name:Michael Alucard

Nickname*:N/A

Sexuality: Straight

Home Region:Unova

Personality:Smart and calculating. Michael is cold and distant and makes it a point to look down on others. He enjoys earlgray tea with apple tarts. To most he is very cold and mean but on the inside he is very lonely and cares deeply for his pokemon. He usally prefers pokemon he finds elegant and dark such as Snivy Unfezant and Chandelure

Appearance: Michael stands about 4 foot 9 making him short for his age. (Which gets him worked up if anyone makes fun of his height.) He is rather thin and has blue eyes with hair as black as night. His bangs parted so that they cover his left eye. He wears black blaiser with a white collered shirt under it with a red ribbon tied into a bow and black dress shorts made out of the same material as the blaser with black knee socks and black dress shoes and a black cape

Picture*:
WillamAlucard2.jpg

History:Michael is from a wealthy family living in a mansion just outside of Nuvema Town. Michael's parents are rather distant and spend very little time with him. He also spent very little time with kids his own age thus causing his blunt atitude. Michael is going on his journey without his parents permission So he's basically running away from home.

Role: Begining trainer

Other:put anything about your character that you find important that doesn't belong in any of the other sections here.

Pokemon (Use the following format for each pokemon your character has)
________

Pokemon Species: Snivy

Moveset:Tackle Vine Whip, Attract

spectrum!

Last edited:
Denied for two main reasons. First of all, I'm fairly certain Littleroot is in Hoenn not in Unova. If you wanna have him from Hoenn do so but then he cannot be a beginning trainer. The second reason is that you're missing something, Read the rules again.

infinityluxray

Name: fawful

Nickname*: n/a

Sexuality: Straight/Hterosexual

Home Region: sinnoh

Personality: fawful has a sinister personality and he does a lot of things solo and sometimes he is a little bit grazy and shy
he cares a lot for his pokemon but he isn't very socail so you can say he is better with pokemon than with humans
and he is a good and fast thinker and always comes with a up with something but he isn't very strong psysical

Appearance: he has normal height and weight he wears a black t-shirt and pants and he also wears a red cape

Picture*:

History: he was bullied a lot at school making him shy and sinister
he always dreamt of becoming a pokemon trainer and becoming the champoin of sinnoh and becomin a pokemon master
when he started his journey he got a buneary as his starter and thier traveled sinnoh and beating gym leaders
and they where partners for live and together and now being a lopunny they defeated the elite four but lost to the champion of sinnoh

Other: this is my first rpg!

Pokemon
________

Pokemon Species: lopunny

Nickname*: n/a

Moveset: return dizzy punch jump kick giga impact and bounce

pokemon species: gallade

nickname*: n/a

moveset: close combat psycho cut leaf blade night slach drain punch

pokemon species: luxray

nickname: n/a

moveset: thunder thunderbolt thunder fang hyper beam

Last edited:
@Hyper Beam;Accepted. Welcome to the RP

@dark fawfulll;I mean this in the most respectful way possible. but Denied for multiple reasons. First of all, you didn't read the rules obviously because if you did then you wouldn't be missing something mentioned there. Secondly, I lost count of how many gramatical errors there were in the post. Third, I see little if anything that makes this character unique from the average NPC. Fourthly, you need more elaboration on your History, and on his appearence as well. Also, I need to warn you this RP will be full forward once it starts, and I am not sure a beginner RPer would be able to keep up. What I would suggest is that you let me reserve a spot for your character and let him come in later, after you do a few RPs to get the hang of it. I'm sorry if this offended you.

@Hyper Beam;Accepted. Welcome to the RP

@dark fawfulll;I mean this in the most respectful way possible. but Denied for multiple reasons. First of all, you didn't read the rules obviously because if you did then you wouldn't be missing something mentioned there. Secondly, I lost count of how many gramatical errors there were in the post. Third, I see little if anything that makes this character unique from the average NPC. Fourthly, you need more elaboration on your History, and on his appearence as well. Also, I need to warn you this RP will be full forward once it starts, and I am not sure a beginner RPer would be able to keep up. What I would suggest is that you let me reserve a spot for your character and let him come in later, after you do a few RPs to get the hang of it. I'm sorry if this offended you.

oke i understand

Name: Nathan Parker

Nickname*: Goes by Nate sometimes

Sexuality: Straight

Home Region: Johto

Personality: Nathan's personality has changed over time, what once was energetic and easily upset is now calm and collected. He rarely looses his temper or gets upset with people. He does exhibit some anti-social tendencies but, once people get to know him, they realized he's a nice guy. He usually appears bored as, he doesn't like his daily life or the fact that he stopped training Pokemon 2 years ago.

Appearance: Nathan is of average height for his age, around 5"10, and of average build but, leaning towards the skinny side. He has straight brown hair that falls to just above his shoulders. Most people tend to view him as being handsome. He enjoys to wear the colors that match his favorite Pokemon type, ground. Usually wearing, brown pants or jeans with a earth-colored shirt. Shirts depending on the weather, sweater for cold, t-shirt for hot. He also has glasses that he reads with and he sometimes wears a scarf if its cold.

History: Nathan was born and raised in Goldenrod City, Johto where his parents worked at the Magnet Train Station. He grew up with and became friends with the city's local Gym Leader, Whitney. He found his first Pokemon when he was 9, a Trapinch that had gotten lost and was now wandering the alleyways of Goldenrod. When he was 10, his parents allowed him to leave on a journey, to take the Pokemon Gym Challenge and compete in the Johto League. Through his travels, Nathan realized that he had a preference for the Ground type and as such, those were the only type of Pokemon that he caught. He eventually finished in the top 16 of the Johto League. After, what in his mind was a disappointing finish, Nathan decided that he wanted to follow the same carrer path as his friend and become a Gym Leader. He set out and challenged both the Hoenn and the Sinnoh Leagues but his best finish in both was only the top 8. He felt crushed after his Sinnoh League finish so he decided to give up on his dream and return to Goldenrod. He then found a job at the Radio Tower and bought a small house on the edge of the city where he keeps his Pokemon. His mundane life soon got boring and he missed the days of Pokemon training. When he heard that a lot of starting trainers were heading to Unova to challenge their league, Nathan decided to give his dream one final chance.

Role: Veteran

Other: Spectrum is a difficult word to make a pun with.... or maybe I'm not creative

Pokemon
________

Pokemon Species: Flygon

Moveset: Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, Fire Punch

Pokemon Species: Gastrodon (E)

Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Stone Edge

I didn't want this to go to waste so... Name: Mila Fey

Home region: Hoenn

Role: Veteran

Appearance: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...orney/images/thumb/a/a9/Kay.PNG/178px-Kay.PNG

Personality: Rather hyper, can act before she speaks most of the time... Is extremely sociable, outgoing, and is extremely loyal.

Personal History: Mila grew up in the bustling city of Slateport, Hoenn, home of one of the greatest pokemon contest hotspots. Her mother, Summer travelled through the various regions of the pokemon world, and now Mila wants to do the same. Her twin sister, Rosa became a Pokemon Ranger, and the two frequently have... "discussions" on pokemon battling... However she has vowed to train and show her sister that being a pokemon trainer doesn't mean you are being cruel to your pokemon.... In fact, it shows that Like rangers, trainers work with pokemon for the greater good...

Other: Follows the Spectrum down to the latter :D

Pokemon Species: Froslass

Moveset:Shadow ball, hail, ice beam, sucker punch

Pokemon Species: Swampert

Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Stealth Rock

@GroundTrainer;Accepted. Welcome to the RP. Also, to everyone else, this is what a sign-up should look like ideally. Fleshed out, very detailed, and followed all of the rules. The only slight change I would suggest is that you take into consideration the facts that veteran trainers are allowed to bring up to four pokemon and the additional fact that their movesets can have up to six moves. However, if you desire to use it as is, it is still the best sign-up I've seen for this RP so far.

@Eternal Fire;Don't take this personal, but Denied for two tiny reasons. The first is that I need you to elaborate on the History to have at least two paragraphs and you're history could use some as well. Also, even if you have a picture I need at least two sentences for Appearence anyway. And this is not as much as a reason for denial but a suggestion: you are allowed to have up to four pokemon if you're character is a Veteran Trainer, and each of those pokemon can know up to six moves. While it is completely up to you if you do so or not, I would suggest that you take advantage of the limitations.Feel free to edit and try again.

@GroundTrainer;Accepted. Welcome to the RP. Also, to everyone else, this is what a sign-up should look like ideally. Fleshed out, very detailed, and followed all of the rules. The only slight change I would suggest is that you take into consideration the facts that veteran trainers are allowed to bring up to four pokemon and the additional fact that their movesets can have up to six moves. However, if you desire to use it as is, it is still the best sign-up I've seen for this RP so far.

@Eternal Fire;Don't take this personal, but Denied for two tiny reasons. The first is that I need you to elaborate on the History to have at least two paragraphs and you're history could use some as well. Also, even if you have a picture I need at least two sentences for Appearence anyway. And this is not as much as a reason for denial but a suggestion: you are allowed to have up to four pokemon if you're character is a Veteran Trainer, and each of those pokemon can know up to six moves. While it is completely up to you if you do so or not, I would suggest that you take advantage of the limitations.Feel free to edit and try again.

I was more of going for that he would catch new Pokemon in Unova rather than use the ones that he already had, same for the moves.

Name: Katarzyna Dolinska
Nickname: Kat
Sexuality: Hetero
Home Region: Hoenn

Personality: Kat is free spirited, fearless & enthusiastic. She likes learning new things and exploring her capabilities. To her, the sky is the limit. She acts before thinking. She believes life is too short and simple to complicate things around you. She often makes decisions on the fly. She doesn't care much about pokemon battling and competitions. She values pokemon friendship more.

Appearance: Kat has a wavy short black hair and pale white skin tone. Her eyes are big, doll like with the glimpse of innocence. She has chubby cheeks and dimples. Her body is small thin frame. She has wide hips and average length legs. She wears a white tank, orange cardigan sweater, a cropped dark blue shorts, knee length white socks and silver flat shoes. She also carries a khaki messenger bag where she puts her stuffs.

Picture: *soon*

History: Kat grew up in the outskirts of Fortree City from meteorologist parents. As a child she was home schooled where she was also taught the basics of meteorology. However, Kat's real interest was Pokemon training. At 12, Kat was sent to a Pokemon school where she showed excellence and became a top student. During one of her summers, Kat met a pokemon ranger. She was amazed and impressed by the ranger's knowledge and abilities in Pokemons. She was even more impressed when she witnessed the ranger's incredible relationship with it's pokemons.
At 15, Kat dropped out in Pokemon school and decided to part take in a journey to find what she really loves. She went to different regions from Sinnoh to Orange islands. Still feeling incomplete, she joined Pokemon leagues and contests but none of those brought satisfaction to her.
After 2 years from being away at home, She came back uninspired and lost. She told her parents, she'll follow their footsteps and be a meteorologist. Her parents devastated by their daughter's sorrow, find a way to brought her inner fire back. They got her an invitation to explore and start a journey in the little known foreign land of Unova. Kat feeling optimistic accepted the invitation and hoping she'll find the true meaning of life.

Role: Veteran trainer

Other: I ex-spec tru m-eaning of life. That was my best.

Pokemons:
_________

260.png

Pokemon specie: Swampert
Nickname: N/A
Moveset: Water Gun, Surf, Earthquake, Protect, Giga Impact, Rain Dance

Spr_4d_354_s.png

Pokemon specie: Banette
Nickname: Chuckie
Moveset: Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch, Will-o-Wisp, Double Team, Substitute, Thief

358.png

Pokemon specie: Chimecho
Nickname: Chen
Moveset: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Heal Bell, Safeguard, Reflect, Grass Knot

Spr_4d_306.png

Pokemon specie: Aggron
Nickname: N/A
Moveset: Iron Head, Iron defense, Dragon claw, Double edge, Strength, Brick Break

Ah, it hasn't been taken personally... :) I fully intend to post a new, fresh sign up later today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom