• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unova league coming up! What's next?? Or what's coming before ?

Spindae2

Reaction score
With Ash reaching the 7th gym! and probably reaching the league around BW100! What will happen after the league!? The next gen won't come till next year!

My Ideal IDEA would be Ash go back to Kanto, challenge the gym's and win the KANTO LEAGUE, and be the champion just as RED is! and so we would wrap up his story!

EDIT: Many people suspect that Ash will take a quest before the league and that there will be a bigger gap between the 7th and 8th gym like in Sinnoh(I don't see it but . . .)! So now U can post about what will happen before Ash reaches the league!?

Last edited:
Re: Unova league coming up! What's next????

That's extremely unlikely, since Kanto isn't really relevant, Ash has no reason to rechallenge Gyms he already did, and his story obviously not going to be concluded by the end of this gen (if anything, the ends of AG or DP were opportunities to do it, yet they chose not to do it... so now with how things are in BW? no way)

Anyway, Ash will probably do some kind of a Gyms-like plot based on something from the BW2 games (don't ask me what, there's lot we still don't know about these games, be it BF or some brand new idea we can't expect...)
It might happen either still in Unova itself or in some brand new region or smaller "region" like Orange/Sevii Islands, that might be in the BW2 games

So really, we have no way to know, but it's most likely that the writers will adapt something from BW2 and turn it into a Gyms-like plot, even if it wasn't Gyms-like in the games (just like they did with Contests or the BF)

Honestly, I don't think Unova is over yet. The creators have plenty of choices. The league could get canceled due N's Castle blocking the league and after the event, the league needs some time to restore itself so they can continue and while that Ash could rechallenge the Battle Subway or they could explore the right side of the region.

Or they could like @Piplup said they could make a smaller region with an Orange Island's like league.

They have many choices they can make.

B2/W2 events?

I think the writers are wrapping up the events from the first version of B/W. The pacing has been really fast this season so I can see the events of the next game taking place here.

B2/W2 events?

I think the writers are wrapping up the events from the first version of B/W. The pacing has been really fast this season so I can see the events of the next game taking place here.

Exactly. Remember, they did something similiar with Advance Generations (and just hope this goes better).

And who said the League's coming up? Did I miss a memo :confused:

Please remember, there are still plenty of things going on in Gen 5. They'll bring in elements from BW2, the Gen 3 Remakes (you know it's coming), maybe some more Donamite tourneys, and I'll bet a little money Ash & Co. will team up with some Pokemon Rangers.

Or at least I hope so. I don't want another BS filler reigon like the [matriarch fonicatine] Orange Islands thank you. They've managed to keep from stooping that low again for over a decade I want them to keep it that way!

It's funny when you realize they went through the Unova poke debuts so fast, when BW2 doesn't have any real new Pokemon. You'd think they would stretch it out a bit more.

Also BW2 doesn't have enough substance in terms of things for Ash to battle in.

I guess with the new game, they wanna finish off the old one sooner than later and they'll do that now with a fast pace

There will most likely be a big filler arc based in eastern Unova as well as any new areas that BW2 introduces. Perhaps Team Plasma can play an actual role along with the legendary Pokemon sometime later as well.

Lol how could you possibly know that? I imagine they have a lot more stuff to reveal in these games. Ash obviously has to do something, and it has to last atleast a year/ 50 episodes.

It's funny when you realize they went through the Unova poke debuts so fast, when BW2 doesn't have any real new Pokemon. You'd think they would stretch it out a bit more.

Just because BW2 doesn't have any new Pokemon doesn't mean that they won't affect the anime. We still really don't know that much about the new games, so claiming that they don't have enough substance to give Ash something to do at this point is a bit much. It isn't like the Champion League would have enough substance for Ash, at least in terms of stretching out the series until the sixth generation games come out, and personally, I really wouldn't want Ash to win the Unova League after the skills he's displayed in this series. It really wouldn't mean anything. Besides all that, they're still going to reveal a lot more about BW2 in the next couple of months, especially in the next issue for Coro Coro, so they could reveal more about the games, especially the post-storyline context, that could allow the writers to give Ash some other goal after the League.

Anyway, I'm sure that after the League, Ash and his friend will travel around the eastern part of Unova, as well as any other new areas BW2 has, and introduce some new battle quest for Ash to take part in until the sixth generation games come out. They're going to have to make it at least a year long quest, possibly a bit longer, and include elements from the storyline of BW2, such as with the legendary Pokemon and Team Plasma.

Lol how could you possibly know that? I imagine they have a lot more stuff to reveal in these games. Ash obviously has to do something, and it has to last atleast a year/ 50 episodes.

Well we know the games take place in Unova, so there's no new region. From the sounds of things there's only going to be a few new Gym leaders replacing old ones, rather than a full new set of 8 Gym leaders. No word on a BF, but even if there is one there's no indication the anime will cover it.

While they will obviously cover the new legendary formes and hopefully the villain stuff, I can't see what else they can do.

Well we know the games take place in Unova, so there's no new region. From the sounds of things there's only going to be a few new Gym leaders replacing old ones, rather than a full new set of 8 Gym leaders. No word on a BF, but even if there is one there's no indication the anime will cover it.

While they will obviously cover the new legendary formes and hopefully the villain stuff, I can't see what else they can do.

Theres no indication that the anime will cover anything, that doesnt mean that they wont. While its still in Unova, there could be new areas. And the legends are getting covered in the new movie so they might not appear in the anime at all. Once again, Ash has to do something, and it has to last a year at the least until the next gen comes round

Again, we don't know all of the new areas in Unova that will be in BW2 and there easily could be some Sevii Islands-like area you can go to after beating the storyline in the new games. They aren't going to reveal all of the bells and whistles of the new games right away when there's about two months left before they're released. There are some details that they may keep hidden until shortly before the release date. There could be a full new eight Gym Leaders. Although I don't think that's too likely to happen, I'm not going to rule it out as a possibility either. If there is a Battle Frontier, I think that there's a pretty good chance that the anime will cover it. The only reason they didn't cover the last one was because they clearly didn't have enough time. With BW, they should have more than enough time to cover a Battle Frontier arc, especially since they wouldn't have to worry about how to fit in a sidequest along with it, which, in retrospect, was one of the problems the Kanto Battle Frontier had.

Gliscor'd said:

I'm not sure if they'll cover the new legendary forms when they're already doing that in the next movie. I could see them doing something more with the villains. They'll have to give Ash some new kind of quest. Despite the faster pace in BW, it's going to be at least another year before the next generation is ready, although I'm thinking it might be more like a year and a half at this point, so there going to need to give Ash something to do and I'm sure that BW2 are going to have some concept that the anime will be able to use for a smaller journey. They aren't going to be barely covered just because they don't have new Pokemon. These are the first direct sequels in the main series, which is huge and I think you're ignoring that factor. That's one of the reasons why I think that the anime will be significantly affected by these games, at least by the time the Unova League is done. They'll include a brand new storyline, which I'm sure that the anime will cover at least some aspects of, new areas to explore and some new goal for Ash to reach in Unova or some new area close by.

I have my doubt !
What if Best wish divided into Ash & female B2W2 protagonist's story ?
Think , After Ash defect Drayden , Alder show up & beat Ash & then told him that if Ash live & train in Black forest Only with his pokemon until pokemon league start then he will evolve there !
So , Ash say's goodbye to his friend & went to black forest for his training , His story end there !
Then the Anime goes back to 6 month before where female protagonist start her journey ! Ash doesn't show up until she enter Unova league and this time Ash get treated like a formidable rival who show up & win every thing !
Well , Only good thing about this that Ash get treated like a rival ! I kind a always wanted to see Ash like a rival !
Anyway, If Unova league then the first thing I want -
-ASH GO BACK TO KENTO & GET HIS BRAIN BACK !BECAUSE IT SEEM LIKE HE LEAVE HIS BRAIN BEHIND WHEN HE CAME TO UNOVA !
Anyway ,
I want Ash to become a coordinator & win the grand festival ! Since a top coordinator is in the same level as a gym leader so It's no impossible for Ash right now !

Last edited:

Gen 3 Remakes (you know it's coming)
Pokemon Rangers.

Currently there's no reason to expect gen 3 remakes or new Ranger games... and I think it's getting more and more obvious that neither of these will happen this gen if ever

The old Pokémon's return is the "new Pokémon" of the BW2 games/anime
They had to showcase lots of gen 5 Poké due to featuring ONLY them with no olders, and it already got repetetive even with the "rushed" debuts
The return of old Poké will now help to make things a little less repetetive and will almost be a "new generation" for these who aren't as familier with older Poké or for us older fans who know them but didn't get to see them in the anime for almost 2 years

You don't know that, no one knows that, we'll only know after the game's release (and even then we won't know for sure until we see what actually happens in the anime after the Unova League)

Repeating yourself isn't really explaining anything, you know...
You're just leading me and others to tell you once again that you can't know what else these games will have (and you can't know the anime will or won't do a BF if there is one)
We'll have to wait and see - what sure is that your dream of "Champion League" (which is very unlikely to happen anyway) would only be 10 eps AT MOST... so wether your wish comes true or not, they'd still need to make up some kind of saga to bridge the time between the end of the Unova League (or your supposed "Champion League") and the start of the next gen

I have my doubt !
What if Best wish divided into Ash & female B2W2 protagonist's story ?
Think , After Ash defect Drayden , Alder show up & beat Ash & then told him that if Ash live & train in Black forest Only with his pokemon until pokemon league start then he will evolve there !
So , Ash say's goodbye to his friend & went to black forest for his training , His story end there !
Then the Anime goes back to 6 month before where female protagonist start her journey ! Ash doesn't show up until she enter Unova league and this time Ash get treated like a formidable rival who show up & win every thing !
Well , Only good thing about this that Ash get treated like a rival ! I kind a always wanted to see Ash like a rival !
Anyway, If Unova league then the first thing I want -
-ASH GO BACK TO KENTO & GET HIS BRAIN BACK !BECAUSE IT SEEM LIKE HE LEAVE HIS BRAIN BEHIND WHEN HE CAME TO UNOVA !
Anyway ,
I want Ash to become a coordinator & win the grand festival ! Since a top coordinator is in the same level as a gym leader so It's no impossible for Ash right now !

No, they won't randomly turn Ash from the main star to a recurring rival... and no, Ash won't randomly become a Coordinator all of a sudden
Seriously... just no...

Yeah, if R/S remakes happen it likely won't be until the middle of the 6th gen. The next game will obviously be the 6th gen, and probably the second 3DS games will be R/S remakes, but that's a hell of a long ways away.

As for now, I think people are assuming the games work for the anime, when in reality its the other way around. The fact that the poision Gym leader is getting an early showcasing in what will probably be a battle with no badge win, shows the writers know there aren't a full new set of Gym leaders. Just be glad they're showing her unlike Janine from Johto.

No Scott, that doesn't prove anything cause IF they'll choose to use the new Gyms for next saga, Ash can just rebattle her after probably losing and this time winning and getting a badge
BUT - I do agree with you that it is not likely there's a full set of new Gyms and that Ash will challenge them
I guess all or some of the 3-4 new leaders I expect to see in BW2 will appear in the anime as COTDs
Whatever Ash will do next saga will more than likely be based on SOMETHING from BW2, but that something is not likely to be the Gyms... as I see it now it's 50% BF (or something similar to BF in a new name) 50% a brand new idea that none of us can expect
We'll have to wait and see... it's way too early to speculate since we know so little about the games

No, they won't randomly turn Ash from the main star to a recurring rival... and no, Ash won't randomly become a Coordinator all of a sudden
Seriously... just no...
Well , wasn't the main character of ''Tsubasa Chronicle'' changed in 3rd season while the previous main character became the antagonist and stab the girl he swear to protect !
Plus , This way they can show all the new gym leader ! By letting the new B2W2 female protagonist take them out !
And seriously , there nothing impossible about Ash being a coordinator for one saga !
Contest has nothing to do with Gym battle but Jasmine competing in Contest to improve her gym battle !
So , May be Ash decide to master ''Contest Battle'' to become a Stronger trainer !
It much much much better then going on some new Battle Frontier again !
I mean , what will Ash even gain from it ?
Another change to be a Frontier Brain , NO THANK'S !
People doesn't even acknowledge Ash for conquering it ! And I bet Ash gonna get beaten by some other new trainer right after he conquer the new BF like Gary so this doesn't make Ash really strong !
Plus Pokemon contest has much better competition then both Gym Battle & Battle Frontier !
Trainer face random trainer for a ribbon , Sometime they even face their rival ! Plus Ash can have a real evil rival in pokemon contest but he can't have that in Gym or Battle frontier !
Plus , Coordinator battle in a Arena filled with people cheering from them & all their battle are show in TV ! Coordinator even get more acknowledge then trainer who far suppress them !
Coordinator get treated as celebrity before then even become Top coordinator !
I mean , Have you seen any traveling pokemon trainer beside E4 & Champion who get acknowledge by people ?
I don't just want Ash to defect strong people & achieve something ! I also want to People acknowledge Ash for his achievement ! Just like Drew get acknowledge by other ! I want him to get famous in a point that he doesn't to say people what he achieve ! people will know him before he met them !
Its been 14 year & now I want to see Ash being treated like celebrity or a legend !
PLUS , I'M SICK OF SEEING ASH BATTLING FIX OPPONENT LIKE GYM LEADER & FRONTIER BRAIN ALL THE TIME ! NOW I JUST WANNA SEE ASH WINNING BADGE & MEDAL FROM BATTLING RANDOM TRAINER IN A TOURNAMENT !

Somehow the writers will make the gap even bigger then the 7th gym to the 8th gym in sinnoh, so we will get around 80 filler episodes between bw 78-158 :D

I think the 8th Gym will be no later than August.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom