• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, and it would be on his own merits and not Team/Neo Plasma. Thought it's most likely that he WON'T use any of the Tao Dragons.

I hope so. I can see N showing up even without TP (it would make a lot of fangirls happy). And at the very least, you'd think we'd still get Zekrom.

I know the earthqauke pretty much derailed BW, but surely they have enough brains to salvage at least some of the original plan...

Well, this is exciting c:

If Ash doesn't use his old Pokemon... I will personally bitch slap every single writer.

Please refrain from posting violent content against the writers. It's unnecessary and there are other ways to illustrate frustration or anger.

Like saying "I will crush their business cards"...WHAT! I read...

AAAAAAANYWAYS

I hope the do a major battle on a water field since water fields effect the battle the most and it would be a nice change of pace compare to only using the water field for one shot characters and gyms.

I really don't what to see any of the dirt field if the wait a normal field why not use the field from the Brendan cameos and Smach bros games. It's fancier anyways and why would someone else have a fancier field then the fucking league not to mention the special ones to use.

I also hope for no one on one matches I have said this before but they are lame cause they don't actually show who the better trainer is because of type luck. And I hope the bring up the data base again and Ash actually uses it. Or maybe trip learns of Ash's giant battle history that would be something. Maybe the database is what does Bianca in. I actually like the database cause to me it is the only good justification for having more than 6 pokemon.

I would like to see ash and charizard fight in the League and crush all.

You know,
If Ash biggest achievement in Unova League is Beating Trip , Then this will be the Worst League conference Ever !
However , If Writer decide to follow a new plotline in Unova league conference rather then following the same plotline they have been following since Jotho to Sinnoh then Unova League conference can be decent !
I mean from Jotho to Sinnoh , Writer following the same plotline where-
Ash last victory in league conference is against his main rival and then Ash lose right after to a trainer who show up in League conference!
For Example
In Jotho, Ash lost to Harrison right After Ash defected Gary
In Hoenn, Ash lost to Tyson right after Ash defected Morrison
In Sinnoh , Ash lost to Trobias after Ash defected Paul.
Hopefully , Unova league will be different !
I don't wanna see Ash finally defeat Trip and lose right after that !
I would like Ash defect Trip and then Defect another trainer and then get defected !
I wish there wasn't any more One-sided Rivalry in Pokemon ! Then Unova league would have been more unpredictable !

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can see that happening again. I reckon he will use his old pokes, but nowhere near as much as he did in sinnoh and always with a core of unova Pokémon. I don't see Ash winning the league this time, but I can see him getting to the final.

Also, @Hurricane Kishore - it's "defeat", not "defect"

Unfortunately, I can see that happening again. I reckon he will use his old pokes, but nowhere near as much as he did in sinnoh and always with a core of unova Pokémon. I don't see Ash winning the league this time, but I can see him getting to the final.

Also, @Hurricane Kishore - it's "defeat", not "defect"
And Still there some people want Ash to lose the Junior Cup!!!
I mean , Ash still can get the Junior Cup if he lose the league right!
I would prefer if Ash beat Trip in the very first Full battle round in Unova League!
Seriously , Why they delaying it !
That's why I want Ash to win Junior Cup !I don't want Unova League to be delayed for a Tournament that is meant for some other character !
Anyway ,
Before Unova League start , I want a Preview like this-
[video=youtube;GgS2f-OXvdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgS2f-OXvdo[/video]
Sorry , I don't know it against the rule or not
But I would love a Preview like that for Unova League where we get to see various CotD Ash gonna face in Unova League!
May be after Junior Cup ark or Team Rocket ark!
Since I can't explain it , I bring a Example instate!
After all , All other Preview of Best Wish SUCK'S!!!

I actually hope that Ash doesn't use his older Pokemon. While it would be nice to see some of them battling again, it would kind of make Ash capturing a whole bunch of Pokemon in Unova seem kind of unnecessary. They're not really league ready in my opinion and I doubt that the Junior Cup will help out most of his Pokemon, but it would feel kind of cheap if he relied on his older Pokemon for this league instead of working more on his Unova Pokemon. Though, there isn't much focus on training outside of Gym battles and tournaments, but I don't quite like the idea of Ash using his older Pokemon in the Unova League.

I think Ash pretty much has to use at least his Kanto Pokemon for when he fights Trip. I don't think Pikachu alone is enough to represent Kanto and prove to Trip that it's not just some region in the boonies with crap Pokemon. No, he needs to see personally what awesomeness Kanto can bring. Such as Charizard. And then be curbstomped. By Charizard. This rivalry does not warrant some epic 3-episode battle; it deserves a one-sided battle with Kanto REPRESENTIN'. Trip literally needs to get his ass kicked by Kanto.

Which would prompt him to head for Kanto next in his journey, blahblahblah, exit character thank god, moving on.

Since Unova is implied to be in another nation maybe the tournament could be double elimination tournament instead of single elimination but I doubt they will do it seeing as they love keeping the leagues short but it could be nice to see how the characters react to still being in after losing. Will they get scared? Will they change their strategies. How will face people they already won against and get too cocky? Also it would be nice to have a longer league.

I think Ash pretty much has to use at least his Kanto Pokemon for when he fights Trip. I don't think Pikachu alone is enough to represent Kanto and prove to Trip that it's not just some region in the boonies with crap Pokemon. No, he needs to see personally what awesomeness Kanto can bring. Such as Charizard. And then be curbstomped. By Charizard. This rivalry does not warrant some epic 3-episode battle; it deserves a one-sided battle with Kanto REPRESENTIN'. Trip literally needs to get his ass kicked by Kanto.

Which would prompt him to head for Kanto next in his journey, blahblahblah, exit character thank god, moving on.

The image of Charizard defeating Trip's whole team does sound extremely awesome and a part of me would feel really love to see that, but I'm not sure if being defeated by his Kanto Pokemon would be really necessary for Trip to change his mind about Kanto. Being defeated by Ash could make him re-think his attitude against Kanto, even though said attitude doesn't really have any reasoning behind it other than Trip acts like a jerk. Besides that, I don't really care weather or not Trip changes his opinion on Kanto, or anything about Trip and his rivalry with Ash, so that part of his defeat doesn't really matter that much to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he does head out to Kanto after he loses though. That would kind of make sense after how he's looked down on the region and Ash throughout the series.

He needs to see personally what awesomeness Kanto can bring. Such as Charizard. And then be curbstomped. By Charizard. This rivalry does not warrant some epic 3-episode battle; it deserves a one-sided battle with Kanto REPRESENTIN'. Trip literally needs to get his ass kicked by Kanto.

Omg I would love to see that!

I actually hope that Ash doesn't use his older Pokemon. While it would be nice to see some of them battling again, it would kind of make Ash capturing a whole bunch of Pokemon in Unova seem kind of unnecessary. They're not really league ready in my opinion and I doubt that the Junior Cup will help out most of his Pokemon, but it would feel kind of cheap if he relied on his older Pokemon for this league instead of working more on his Unova Pokemon. Though, there isn't much focus on training outside of Gym battles and tournaments, but I don't quite like the idea of Ash using his older Pokemon in the Unova League.

Wow its rarely I say this but you have almost managed to change my opinion towards the pokemon actually uses. I have been desperate to see some of ashes old pokemon but its a great arguement you raise about how capturing unova pokemon would be pointless if ash was to not use them. Ash left all his pokemon at Oak's lab for a reason and thats because he wanted a new start in a new region. It would defy that idea if he was just to be sent his old pokemon.

I do still want to see one of his old pokemon battling though. I'd love to see Charizard again :)

Re: Unova leauge in 3 months (in anime time)

I'm continuing a (deleted) discussion that was started in another thread. It pertains to when the league is going to start; Trainer Yusuf seems to think that Eastern Unova will be stretched out, but I disagree. We were discussing the merchandise releases in terms of how reliable they are when it comes to predicting future events.

Trainer Yusuf said:
Zukan sets have been pretty reliable (only thing that didn't appear within two months before or three months later for BW was Liepard)
Reshiram and Zekrom were included in the first Zukan BW set for no anime-related reason. The Pokémon in the second set were mostly random aside from Pidove/Tranquill and arguably Drillbur/Excadrill. As for the third set, only the Kami trio were relevant to then recent/upcoming episodes; I think it's a stretch to say that Simisage's appearance three months later (which had nothing to do with its pre-evolution) warranted its inclusion.

not to mention Rayquaza, Eevee and Riolu merchandise all have Best Wishes title on them.
I don't know what you mean by that; Eevee and Riolu aren't even in the fourth Zukan BW set. How is Rayquaza different than Reshiram, Zekrom, Purrloin, Liepard and Cinccino and the other Pokémon that didn't have anything with the anime at the point of their sets' release?

But either way, even if Rayquaza is going to appear with the Pokémon from the Season 2 poster, it could all easily happen in September or early October; some of these Pokémon might even appear in the league. I don't see why you're dismissing the evidence provided by the writers, who are obviously more reliable than anyone else as far as foreshadowing future events is concerned.

Last edited:
Well, this is exciting c:

If Ash doesn't use his old Pokemon... I will personally bitch slap every single writer.

Why would he use his old Pokemon if he has already so many Unova ones? If I remember correctly, Pikachu should be the only Kanto Pokemon to get redemption from what Trip said about Kanto. Ash never told him about his other Pokemon, so Trip only saw his Pikachu(who's energy was drained) and made an assumption. Oshawott is next. It definelty needs to prove itself towards Trip as well, since it was there when Trip decided that it wasn't the Pokemon for him. Maybe an evolution might also change his mind. As far as Charizard is concerned, having it sweeping his team in the league will be bad writing just like Iris's Dragonite was doing in this Junior cup, so no. All of those Pokemon he caught shouldn't go to waist.

"Three months" is established in BW85 (aired in June 21). If we predict it correctly, league arc begins with BW95/BW96 (September 20/27). That gives us only two/three episodes between World Tournament and Isshu League. It is similar to time span between Grand Festival and Pokemon League. In that case, World Tournament and BW's other tournaments are replacements of GF and contest arc. This could mean that: post-league BW2 gonna have similar tournaments, correspond to Haruka's second contest arc in BF.

"Three months" is established in BW85 (aired in June 21). If we predict it correctly, league arc begins with BW95/BW96 (September 20/27). That gives us only two/three episodes between World Tournament and Isshu League.
Actually, that would leave a gap of only one or two episodes, which seems unfeasible unless the Team Rocket arc is meant to follow the league (or possibly even interrupt it as a nod to Black and White). But I find that unlikely, since the Team Rocket foreshadowing has been too heavy to be put aside for the league. When the writers established the three-month gap, they probably rounded down a bit, and they might not have accounted for the August breaks. I expect the league to start in BW98 (October 11), giving the writers time for a Team Rocket two-parter, an episode about Shizui and another one to showcase Riolu and Eevee. I doubt that Iris will be given another centric episode before the league, but she may at least work alongside Drayden during the aforementioned two-parter.

I don't think the League will be in three months real time, but who knows at this point.

Three months sounds about right. Maybe Don George can set up a training camp for Ash before the league or something and that could be like a training filler saga or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom