• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three months sounds about right. Maybe Don George can set up a training camp for Ash before the league or something and that could be like a training filler saga or something.

Either that or something because Ash's current team is way underdeveloped and the lack of evolutions makes this team look bad, especially starter-wise. I blame Sinnoh for this.

Btw, what is that in your sig?

Three months sounds about right. Maybe Don George can set up a training camp for Ash before the league or something and that could be like a training filler saga or something.

Either that or something because Ash's current team is way underdeveloped and the lack of evolutions makes this team look bad, especially starter-wise. I blame Sinnoh for this.

Btw, what is that in your sig?

Well atleast it's not like in Jotho were the starters weren't as strong as Snivy and Pignite. His other reserves are atleast strong enough to stand a chance. But yes, I think a training saga could help.

And to answer your question, it was strawberry shortcake!:ksmile:

Last edited:
If Ash losing the Junior Cup for Trip's lame backstory Then Ash better win the Unova League & Trip better suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
Furthermore , Writer better come with a better finalist for Ash to beat because if Trip become the finalist then it will make the Unova League look bad!
May be , A finalist who has a Entei !
Or any other Legendary Pokemon Like Suicune , Raikou, Regigigus ,Cresselia, Zapdos ,Moltres ,Articune etc !
There was a Trainer with a Heatren in Sinnoh League!
I trying to think of a finalist with a Unova Legendary pokemon but I can't think of any Unova Legendary pokemon for Ash to face in Unova League!
Ash haven't won anything important in Unova So Ash has to win the Unova League if he losing the Junior cup!
I mean , Unova had the most Tournament ark !
How is it that Ash haven't won any of them ? He's the main character!
If writer has any type fairness inside of him then he will give Unova League to Ash for losing Junior cup!
As for Trip , He suffering 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in his very first League conference isn't unfair!
Its nothing compare to how Ash lose his very first League conference! It was 100 time humiliating!
Plus , Trip already got enough attention ! Other fair anime wouldn't let a complete rookie like him defect the protagonist 3 time in a row!
Those writer would let him beat other people (Like Stephan ) but not the Protagonist.
Plus , When Trip insult Ash , He insult the whole Kanto & every single people/pokemon on it !
So , If Ash only allow to beat him in Unova League then Trip better suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand because writer made Ash lose to him 3 time in a row !
Plus , If Ash winning the Unova League then he need a rival/Finalist who's hundred time more powerful then Trip !
Unova league probably the only thing Ash would left to achieve after Junior Cup !
Furthermore Writer planning on to delaying it again with the stupid Team Rokect ark , Drayden ark , Shizui ark & some cutesy Adventure!
It might even take one more year for Unova League to start!
I know , That it seem impossible for Ash to win Unova league but it might be the only thing might left for Ash to achieve!

Last edited:
I hope that Ash wins the Unova League this time. After how much he disappointed me in Sinnoh with his sudden Level in Dumbass, I didn't even want him to beat Nando! Who, if I recall correctly, managed to get 5 ribbons and 8 Gym Badges to compete in both the Pokemon League and the Grand Festival. He should have taken the role of Tobias.

Throughout the course of this saga, Ash's behavior has made me root for him. Since the very beginning I felt that he was ready. Ready to take on the League, and win. There were some cheap wins, but the inevitable loss in the WT Junior Cup will make up for it. I predict that Ash will win this league.

I hope that Ash wins the Unova League this time. After how much he disappointed me in Sinnoh with his sudden Level in Dumbass, I didn't even want him to beat Nando! Who, if I recall correctly, managed to get 5 ribbons and 8 Gym Badges to compete in both the Pokemon League and the Grand Festival. He should have taken the role of Tobias.

Throughout the course of this saga, Ash's behavior has made me root for him. Since the very beginning I felt that he was ready. Ready to take on the League, and win. There were some cheap wins, but the inevitable loss in the WT Junior Cup will make up for it. I predict that Ash will win this league.

You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one? The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.

I honestly cannot see Ash winning the Unova League or even coming close to it in a believable way. His team just feels too underdeveloped for him to get a high rank again and I wouldn't want him to use his older Pokemon since that would make the decision of capturing so many Unova Pokemon even more questionable. Not to mention that there are still some of his Unova Pokemon that need more screentime and using his older Pokemon would make them lose that opportunity. I'm still leading towards Ash coming in the Top 8. It's still a good rank all things considered, but I don't think he deserves to get any higher than that considering how his Unova team has been handled and his Gym battles overall have been kind of lackluster for me. Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.

You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one?
Yes. I've just said that...

The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.
I only said that he needs some loses to add some build up. I've read many comments about Ash this saga of him being an unbelievably strong trainer. Some even going to the levels of calling him a "Gary Sue". A few loses to put Ash in his place wouldn't be so bad.

Ash coming in Top 8 wouldn't provide enough battles. Even though we'll also be seeing Shooti's Kenyan's and maybe Cabernet's battles, having Ash only battle to the quarter finals would be like 3 battles. And at least one of those would be a throw away battle. He's either gonna lose in the semis or lose in the finals. I agree they wouldn't be able to feasibly pull off him winning, but I think he's going to beat Shooti, who looks to be winning this tournament, and Kenyan who won the last one.

You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one?
Yes. I've just said that...

The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.
I only said that he needs some loses to add some build up. I've read many comments about Ash this saga of him being an unbelievably strong trainer. Some even going to the levels of calling him a "Gary Sue". A few loses to put Ash in his place wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think that he's any stronger than he was back in Johto. He doesn't battle like he used to anymore. Atleast I used to enjoy his battles even when some of them were half-assed but in these I just want to get them over with since most of them ends up with evolutions. Pff!

Ash coming in Top 8 wouldn't provide enough battles. Even though we'll also be seeing Shooti's Kenyan's and maybe Cabernet's battles, having Ash only battle to the quarter finals would be like 3 battles. And at least one of those would be a throw away battle. He's either gonna lose in the semis or lose in the finals. I agree they wouldn't be able to feasibly pull off him winning, but I think he's going to beat Shooti, who looks to be winning this tournament, and Kenyan who won the last one.

Has it been confirmed that Stephan would be in the Unova League? It wouldn't be surprising due to winning the last tournament, but I don't think he's mentioned anything about going after Gyms or having badges. Burgundy appearing would make more sense given how she started out as a trainer and she could have been earning more badges in-between her appearances. I still think that Ash getting to the semi-finals or the finals would be a huge stretch, but they probably would want to get as many battles in as they could. I'd still prefer it if he didn't get to the Top 4 or finals since the chances of that being believable are extremely slim.

I would be seriously peeved if Kenyan doesn't turn up in the league. There are a lot of rivals this season where it's kinda hard to tell where they fit, just because both Cilan and Iris have rivals but no real goal that's accomplished by winning a tournament. Back when just Ash & May and Ash & Dawn had rivals they would either be in the league or the GF.

Now we just have trainers like Kenyan and Langley who show up for these tournaments but don't seem to have measurable goals. Those two are honestly my favorites of the rivals. Kenyan I can't picture doing anything other than the league though,e just reminds me too much of Masamune so I feel like he should show up there. I have no idea what sort of resolution to the plot he could give if he just shows up for his last time outside the league.

Langley just wants to bust Iris, so I have no idea how the writers plan to resolve that rivalry other than some schtick where Langley learns to like dragons and no longer wants to bust them.

I also completely forgot about Bel. She'll be at the league too. I could see her going pretty far, though I don't really care for her. Her whole character is about proving to her father and herself she can be strong, so I feel like she'll be a sleeper hit when it comes to the league.

I can see evidence for Ash winning this league:

a) He's won against every rival that he has (excluding Trip, but that's gonna change soon)
b) After the Junior Cup he's going to battle Alder. Assuming that he loses this will make a good plotline for a rematch post-league.
c) Now that the new series has introduced pre-Gen V mons he'll feel more comfortable about using his Oaked Teams, which will give him a much better chance.
d) Besides AG he's progressed a tier each time, so he should at least make the final.

a) He's won against every rival that he has (excluding Trip, but that's gonna change soon)

He hasn't battled Bianca or Stephan in quite some time, both of whom have clearly become a lot stronger since their first appearances. There is also no evidence that Ash is going to beat Trip in the junior cup. I find it more likely that Trip will win

b) After the Junior Cup he's going to battle Alder. Assuming that he loses this will make a good plotline for a rematch post-league.

Again, only if he wins the junior cup, which we don't know yet. And even if he wins the league, he'd have to beat the elite 4 before battling Alder

c) Now that the new series has introduced pre-Gen V mons he'll feel more comfortable about using his Oaked Teams, which will give him a much better chance.

Since Ash is a character, and is not aware that he is living in some world dictated by series, I don't see how the introduction of old mons in the new series will make him feel more comfortable lol. Also, the new opening shows all his Unova's in a stadium, which would suggest that that is who he has for the league, and who he will be using, contrary to the Sinnoh league victors opening

d) Besides AG he's progressed a tier each time, so he should at least make the final.

I would consider his Hoenn league ranking as an progression considering he made it to the top 8 only using his Hoenn team. So IMO the next progression would be to reach the top 4 again using only his Unova pokes

I honestly cannot see Ash winning the Unova League or even coming close to it in a believable way. His team just feels too underdeveloped for him to get a high rank again and I wouldn't want him to use his older Pokemon since that would make the decision of capturing so many Unova Pokemon even more questionable. Not to mention that there are still some of his Unova Pokemon that need more screentime and using his older Pokemon would make them lose that opportunity. I'm still leading towards Ash coming in the Top 8. It's still a good rank all things considered, but I don't think he deserves to get any higher than that considering how his Unova team has been handled and his Gym battles overall have been kind of lackluster for me. Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.
If Ash loses the Junior Cup then he has to win the Unova League !
If Ash doesn't then there no point of watching the Next series & Next saga!!!
Top 8 isn't has suitable rank ether !
Ash should become Top 4 or the finalist if he wins the Junior Cup!
But If Ash loses the Junior Cup then Winning the Unova League is the only option!
Plus , Does Trip's superiority look believable to you ???
Ash been though So many League & a Battle frontier while that brat reach's a level Ash haven't reach in just 3 month !
Its totally not believable and make Trip look like a Fake rival !
So , Ash has to win Unova League for losing every single Tournament in Unova!!!
If writer has to make up for Trip's Conneckdurr failure by giving Trip the whole Junior cup then Writer has to make up for all Humiliation Ash & His region been though for that human trash's development!
So , Ash has to win Unova League & Trip must suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
I wanna see Ash take down Trip's 4 pokemon with 1 Pokemon !
I wanna see Trip panicking and shouting ''What happen to my Basic ? Why isn't my Basic working ? What did you do to my basic ?''
I wanna see People making fun of Trip !
That what should happen in Unova league if Ash has to get humiliated by that Brat one more time!!!
Also , Writer has to create a better & believable Finalist as well!!!

Last edited:
I believe the writers can feasibly make Ash make it to the top 4 and lose with his current team at the league. However the writers have shown too much of a regression in thier ability to write good battles and storylines throughout most of BW that it will be unlikely that they will put in some effort to do just that, and it will look cheap most likely in how he gets there at the league. I just hope he makes it to the top 4 regardless of how he does it and how the battles are done.

BTW i believe the pattern of Ash's league placements should be progression every two leagues aside from kanto to johto league.

Should be more like this-Kanto:16, Johto:8, Hoenn:8, Sinnoh:4, Unova:4, Gen 6 League:2, Gen 7 League:2, Gen 8 League:Winner

Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.

Ditto.

That's why I'm waiting on Generation 6 for the writers to start fresh and remind us what real battles, real development, and the real Pokemon looks like. Best Wishes at one point had me questioning what show I was watching.

And during this 3 month span, Ash hasn't really done anything spectacular that has shown immense growth to convince us that he is ready for the League. I don't see him making it very far either, but then again he NEVER has came in 2nd in the league.

That's the most so close, yet so far position Ash shockingly has yet to reach. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers want him to get 2nd place just so he can say he was a 1st runner up.

If Ash loses the Junior Cup then he has to win the Unova League !
If Ash doesn't then there no point of watching the Next series & Next saga!!!
Top 8 isn't has suitable rank ether !
Ash should become Top 4 or the finalist if he wins the Junior Cup!
But If Ash loses the Junior Cup then Winning the Unova League is the only option!
Plus , Does Trip's superiority look believable to you ???
Ash been though So many League & a Battle frontier while that brat reach's a level Ash haven't reach in just 3 month !
Its totally not believable and make Trip look like a Fake rival !
So , Ash has to win Unova League for losing every single Tournament in Unova!!!
If writer has to make up for Trip's Conneckdurr failure by giving Trip the whole Junior cup then Writer has to make up for all Humiliation Ash & His region been though for that human trash's development!
So , Ash has to win Unova League & Trip must suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
I wanna see Ash take down Trip's 4 pokemon with 1 Pokemon !
I wanna see Trip panicking and shouting ''What happen to my Basic ? Why isn't my Basic working ? What did you do to my basic ?''
I wanna see People making fun of Trip !
That what should happen in Unova league if Ash has to get humiliated by that Brat one more time!!!
Also , Writer has to create a better & believable Finalist as well!!!

I don't really see how losing these tournaments means that they should make up for that by having Ash win the Unova League. It wouldn't be believable considering his Unova team and what little progression most of them have gone through during the course of the series. Besides that, aside from the Junior World Cup, these are pretty small tournaments, so it doesn't matter if Ash wins them. It would help with some of his Pokemon, but it isn't really necessary for him to win them. Just because Trip was overpowered before and now is getting a tournament victory to make up for losing the other two tournaments doesn't mean that it would be okay for Ash to do the same with the Unova League.

Honestly, even getting to the Top 4 again with his Unova Pokemon would feel like a huge stretch to me. It probably wouldn't be as bad as if he got to the finals or if he won to league, but it still makes me think that there would be far too many cheap/unbelievable victories for Ash to get to the next round for my tastes. I still prefer the idea of seeing him get to the Top 8. At one point, I think Ash needs to get to a lower rank than the last League just to show that one doesn't always make significant progress in a journey and it would be honestly pretty interesting to see how he handles it. Plus, I'd prefer it if he did get a slightly lower rank here instead of getting to the Top 4 or higher again with cheap victories and underdeveloped Pokemon.

I agree with Hidden Mew. I can see him getting Top 8, possibly top 4, though it'd be a stretch. His pokemon are just too underdeveloped for it to be at all believable. I can't believe we're this close to the league and yet some of his pokes still only have 3 moves, or have tackle as 1 of the 4. Ash is getting a bad ass Krookodile soon and it looks like it doesn't learn anything new in its evolution, and having a fully evolved epic like that with only 3 moves seems really strange to me.

With Trip winning the junior cup, I can imagine Ash finally beating him there. But with talk of this new rival coming along soon (supposedly), I can see this new guy being the trainer that comes along every league and knocks Ash out of it (Richie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias).

I really am not expecting Ash to win this thing. And quite frankly it doesn't feel like he deserves it.

I still prefer the idea of seeing him get to the Top 8. At one point, I think Ash needs to get to a lower rank than the last League just to show that one doesn't always make significant progress in a journey and it would be honestly pretty interesting to see how he handles it.
I doubt that Ash would even be disappointed. Only the fans keep track of his accomplishments.

I doubt that Ash would even be disappointed. Only the fans keep track of his accomplishments.

True, especially since Ash always wants to win the League and he usually handles losing pretty well, at least in the last couple of leagues at least. Still, it would be interesting to see him get a lower rank to see if he does react differently and it would just be something different instead of being a more predictable outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom