• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

They could keep the Pokedex roster much like BW's but open it up to the national dex like in the original games, adding the pokemon in B2W2's dex to the areas that are locked from the main story or exclusive to B2W2 (like Flochessy, Virbank or the right side of Unova's mainland) and Hidden Grottos (while also adding some pokemon from Kalos and Alola)

The only difference between that and BW would be that there'd be new areas, most of the BW2 expansion Pokemon were already in post game or BW2 exclusive Pokemon anyway. That wouldn't really be a compromise, the whole point of BW2's expansion was to have them in the main game, the decision to have 5th gen Pokemon only was controversial so they added in older Pokemon in BW2 to make up for it. A compromise would be more like if the BW2 Pokemon were available through an Island Scan-like mechanic.

Whatever game they do, please do not mandate playing BW1 or 2...
Even if they do VC releases, those 2D models don't go well with me.

So, I think there should be atleast BW1 remakes. Or BW3 if, and only if playing the previous games is not mandatory to understand story.

Hopefully by then, technology would have improved enough to enable two games in one edition. Black1 in the main campaign, Black2 in the post-game with a small "2 years later" slogan appearing upon starting the post-game. Same for White version. Similar to how HGSS works, but with 11 gyms in total (Iris in the pre-game, Drayden in the post-game) and additional Team Plasma plot in the post-game. The main rival is N. Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh are sub-rivals. Champion is Alder, and after we beat him once he retires.

Whatever game they do, please do not mandate playing BW1 or 2...
Even if they do VC releases, those 2D models don't go well with me.

They don't have to be 2D, it'll definitely be in full 3D at the point where a Gen 5 remake will actually be relevant.

From what I've seen, BW's story isn't a story that can go bigger unlike DP and RS. I'll like to see a prequel srt in ancient times, so those Greek/Roman influences some parts of the game have actually amount to something.

I think the simplest idea is to call remake Pokemon Gray and make it a continuity where BW2 doesn't happen because all the loose ends are tied up. Hell they call rewrite Colress to have in team Plasma earlier.

Just to give you guys an idea of how the BW2 expansion Pokemon are distributed, here's a list of all of the expansion Pokemon that are in BW post game areas (either they were available in BW's post game or available in BW post game areas in BW2):

Psyduck/Golduck
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Onix/Steelix
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Budew/Roselia/Roserade
Combee/Vespiquen
Heracross
Pinsir
Buizel/Floatzel
Baltoy/Claydol
Zangoose/Seviper
Drifloon/Drifblim
Shuppet/Banette
Wingull/Pelipper
Lunatone/Solrock
Absol
Tangela/Tangrowth
Gligar/Gliscor
Shuckle
Mantyke/Mantine
Remoraid/Octillery
Corsola
Staryu/Starmie
Wailmer/Waillord
Lapras
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Swablu/Altaria
Vulpix/Ninetales
Bronzor/Bronzong
Sneasel/Weavile
Delibird
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Ditto
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Seel/Dewgong
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Lickitung/Lickilicky
Yanma/Yanmega
Tropius
Croagunk/Toxicroak
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar

And here's all of the expansion Pokemon that are in BW2 exclusive areas:

Sunkern/Sunflora
Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos
Riolu/Lucario
Koffing/Weezing
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Growlithe/Arcanine
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Rattata/Raticate
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Grimer/Muk
Skitty/Delcatty
Buneary/Lopunny
Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon
Nosepass/Probopass
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Skorupi/Drapion
Skarmory
Numel/Camerupt
Spoink/Grumpig

Leaving just Castform and Carnivine as the only BW2 expansion Pokemon that were exclusive to BW1 main game areas. Literally just those two Pokemon.

So yeah, just putting BW2 Pokemon in post game areas and BW2 areas is virtually the same thing as keeping the game like BW.

Last edited:
I do want one thing. Challenging the Hilbert, and Hilda; becuase I do went to there secret base the place who you challenge them, and i challenge the Shiny Axew final evolution, but I didn't found them; so I want to challenge them because they are the final people that I didn't win in the game. I beat everyone single challenge, and I final beat Alder Grandson two times but I didn't challenge Hilbert, and Hilda. I do want them more than Anyone.

I also want to do the story of how to find the Genesect Pokemon

Incorporing BW and BW2 in the same game is possible, but knowing game freak mindset of dumbing down the games and removing features instead of adding, it will never happen.

Following the pattern of third installment and two versios of the same game, it would be more rentable to release BW and BW2 in different installments.

Again, I am fully aware they would never sell a game that costs 80 instead of the regular 40. I was simply using it as a hyperbole to explain that it ain´t gonna happen. You just took my words literally, for some reason...

Here are the only 3 feasible scenarios imo:

1. They only remake BW1 and call it a day. They just add some small references and forshadowing to BW2 in the postgame.

2. They remake BW1 and also manage to include some of the important content from BW2 (like the new Towns and Cities and routes, PWT, PokeStar studios, and Funfest missions)

3. They make a brand new game called BW3, instead of a remake.

I think it will be option n1.
Casual references or foreshadowing.

• Poke Star Studios and at least some of BW 2's locations.
  • A reinventing of Musicals that expands the sidequest. Would it kill them to let us have Ribbons again?
  • I'd also love to see the return of the Entralink and Dream World, with expanded lore to flesh out the concepts. I really like the idea, especially now that Gen VII has been exploring alternate dimensions a bit more.
  • Difficulty options.
  • Trainer customization.
  • Marlon.
  • Daily Gym Leader rematches.
  • Join Avenue.
I don't expect any of this to happen, though.

I'd say they'll be version-exclusive locations like the first game, and they'll probably have the gen's knock-off Battle Tower. (Unless the Subway takes that role again.) I really don't see them doing anything much with this.

Tbh tho I'd rather just get BW3. I fully expect them to just phone in the BW remakes, and ignore all the advances BW2 made. At least with BW3, we can see the culmination of the other games' work and effort.

Not every game needs a sequel.
Sinnoh wont get a sequel. Kanto already has it's own sequel. BW3 idea doesn't even makes sense.
Also, BW has not yet had a remake. So a remake would come before any possible sequel, prequel, or anything else.

Sinnoh wont get a sequel. Kanto already has it's own sequel. BW3 idea doesn't even makes sense.
Also, BW has not yet had a remake. So a remake would come before any possible sequel, prequel, or anything else.
Yeah, a remake would make the most sense. I don't see them ever doing another sequel to BW. I just personally would rather have a BW3, because I'd love to see how Unova has evolved more. Over the course of BW and BW2, they built up a lot of great material that I'd love to see again. We had a great cast of characters and saw many of them grow, so it would be great to see the grow even more.

Yeah, a remake would make the most sense. I don't see them ever doing another sequel to BW. I just personally would rather have a BW3, because I'd love to see how Unova has evolved more. Over the course of BW and BW2, they built up a lot of great material that I'd love to see again. We had a great cast of characters and saw many of them grow, so it would be great to see the grow even more.
Unova has my favorite characters and is one of my favorite regions. I'd love to see a closure to N's story, if he ever find the BW protagonist. They can't keep searching for each other forever :cry: But overall Unova story is done. Ghetsis or Team Plasma returning again would be ridiculous. There's no need to release a whole new game to explain open story points that were purposely left open for imagination.

Maybe in the future they can add Unova as a second region to visit? Game Freak is not too fond of the concept of two regions in the same game, but it's not impossible to happen again as many fans ask this. It's the only way I can imagine to see Unova or Kanto from the future without being nonsensical and forced.

Kanto sequels would be forced? Okay then.

Kanto only got the post-game deal you're describing. It never got the B2W2 treatment.
There's tons of Kanto pandering in XY and SM. Kanto in the first generation. In the second generation. In the third generation. In the fourth generation. And also, liking it or not, Kanto already has it's own sequel in GSC.

GS were the original Kanto sequels.
They were a new generation that revisited Kanto in the post-game for about 5 hours. Good enough at the time, but not so much 18 years later.

I'm just saying that it's odd to say that Kanto should only be revisited as a post-game region again when it never got the B2W2 treatment.

They were a new generation that revisited Kanto in the post-game for about 5 hours. Good enough at the time, but not so much 18 years later.

I'm just saying that it's odd to say that Kanto should only be revisited as a post-game region again when it never got the B2W2 treatment.
It seems that some people can't grasp the concept of sequel. GCS are Kanto sequels. Period. This is not even arguable. The game gave closure to team Rocket's story and other content left open in Kanto like what happened to Red, Green, gym leaders and other characters. Its possible to revisit Kanto and see what the region looked like after the time skip of more or less two years, without Team Rocket's influence. Last time we saw Kanto wasn't 18 years ago, it was on HG/SS.

If for example, in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had Kanto as a second region, like some fans were expecting, it would be SM sequel in Kanto, giving closure to SM plot.

If someone think that GSC and HG/SS were underwheelming and not good games, that's other issue. I think, for example that XY need a sole sequel just because I like that region felt incomplete and I feel bad because it didn't get BW treatment, but I know it won't happen and it's silly to expect it just because i want that.

Sure, Kanto will always be the original and most famous region, and I know that in this forum people are crazy for a Kanto sequel, or the sequels concept without thinking what it means, And anyone who disagrees is ignored or "silenced" because it does not fit with the midset with most people on this forum. but this wish is not echoed by the entire fanbase.

So i repeat, It's not impossible revisit Kanto in 3d, that would be awesome, but Kanto sequels wont happen,at least the way some expect, because team Rocket and Kanto's characters arc are done. Sinnoh sequels and BW3 at this point doesn't even makes sense.

Last edited:
It would be a very cool throwback if they managed to incorporate the same waiting animations found in the original Generation 5 games. For example, Ferroseed is constantly spinning and stopping occasionally to flex its spiky exterior. Another cool example is Scraggy pulling its skin up and then dropping it again. Of course the attacking animation are the same as the current ones, but seeing those cool animations in 3D is fan-service (in my opinion anyway).

Beyond this, I am hoping that the Hidden Ability implementation is better in this game, since the current solution makes future attempts restricted to a select few Pokemon in-game and the Dream Radar. Perhaps having a Dream World in-game similar to Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza would be cool (sorry, never played Generation 6 games to give proper examples from them). After all, this is the Generation that graced us with the ultimately rare Pokemon, so it should have a great solution to collect them.

Thanks for reading.

Beyond this, I am hoping that the Hidden Ability implementation is better in this game, since the current solution makes future attempts restricted to a select few Pokemon in-game and the Dream Radar. Perhaps having a Dream World in-game similar to Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza would be cool (sorry, never played Generation 6 games to give proper examples from them). After all, this is the Generation that graced us with the ultimately rare Pokemon, so it should have a great solution to collect them.

There really wasn't an equivalent feature to Poke Pelago in BW, and while there is a Festival Plaza equivalent (Join Avenue), it's essentially built on a gatehouse and isn't a good means for Pokemon distribution. Now Unova did have Hidden Grottoes as an in game means of HA distribution, but that was pretty limited so they should probably have something else. Making the Dream World an in game feature would be great.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom