• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • AussieEevee continues his perilous adventures in Johto. Watch his HeartGold Nuzlocke here.

SPECULATION: Unova Remakes

Pretense
Reaction score
Foxwarrior said:
Its possible to revisit Kanto and see what the region looked like after the time skip of more or less two years, without Team Rocket's influence. Last time we saw Kanto wasn't 18 years ago, it was on HG/SS.
Enough said. HGSS are already 8 years old, mind you.

As for plot elements from the original games, last I checked, Game Freak did nothing with the five Kanto legendaries in terms of story. That is more intriguing than B3W3 adding a bit more to the Unova lore.

Expert on pokemon games
Reaction score
Unova remakes? Way too soon in my opinion. Sinnoh is next in line for remakes. Kanto is already been remade and is over done so it needs a break in my opinion.

Reaction score
I would like to see gen V remade like in gen VII style but after gen IV.

- Hope that starters get good megas Samurott screams for fighting or steel, or make him get both, one fast and physical and one with surprise.(steel would be better for the armor motive)

- Serperior also could get something interesting like flying or something.

-Emboar even if it stays like it is ,

all could really need a interesting buff of stats and moveset.

The same goes for all pokes in that generation and the previous gen IV.

Some abilities like Mummy and Heat Proof would need a buff.
Mummy should do something with oponents pokemon not only take away ability.
Heat Proof could rise def and sp. def one stage too not only half fire damage.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Does anyone see the possibility of these remakes being on the Switch? Since the Switch won't be able to play the Unova games anymore, it is certainly possible.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Does anyone see the possibility of these remakes being on the Switch? Since the Switch won't be able to play the Unova games anymore, it is certainly possible.
I definitely think the Switch will have both DP remakes and BW remakes, they were both on the same hardware originally so it makes sense for the remakes to also be on the same hardware.

Pretense
Reaction score
That depends entirely on how long the Switch is supported, and how long this generation and the next are going to be. "BW have to be remade for the same system as DP" is questionable logic.

Memeber
Reaction score
If anything I'd see BW remakes as likely to be for the console that comes after the Switch. Simply because of current trends with remakes.

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
Yeah, we're probably years away from Unova remakes, even though I'd love to see them sooner rather than later, given that Gen V's still my fave gen. Still, since the Switch can play HD, there's a possibility we'll see Gen V made for it.

But man, can you imagine Ghetsis' theme in HD?

Last edited: