• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

It's WAY too eraly to talk about it, but I have to say: I have I feeling we will be getting B3W3 instead of a BW remake tbh. I still have this feeling that TPC didn't really wanted to do DP remakes anyways and instead wanted to focus solely in PLA, but alas the fandom didn't let them. And that's kinda of the thing: I don't really think most gen 5 fans really want a remake, at least not like gen 4 fans wanted one. :unsure:

It's WAY too eraly to talk about it, but I have to say: I have I feeling we will be getting B3W3 instead of a BW remake tbh. I still have this feeling that TPC didn't really wanted to do DP remakes anyways and instead wanted to focus solely in PLA, but alas the fandom didn't let them. And that's kinda of the thing: I don't really think most gen 5 fans really want a remake, at least not like gen 4 fans wanted one. :unsure:
Well, I think that in a few years Unova remakes would get just as much demand as Sinnoh did, and Hoenn before.

Well, I think that in a few years Unova remakes would get just as much demand as Sinnoh did, and Hoenn before.
Yeah, things can definitely change in a few years. But at least for now, I think people praise it as it is. I even saw some people asking for a port to the Switch. I even think DP would have gotten a port if the game didn't relied so much on the bottom screen.

Yeah, things can definitely change in a few years. But at least for now, I think people praise it as it is. I even saw some people asking for a port to the Switch. I even think DP would get a port if the game didn't relied so much on the bottom screen.
Unova has the C-Gear which can pose problems with that.

Honestly, I do hope for a sequel rather than a remake. It would a great way to change Unova in a meaningful way. With a sequel, we can finally get a scene where Hilbert/Hilda meets N again. Plus, there is already a precedent in having a player character becoming physically older (Red from the Ultra games).

I feel like there are two things that may hold it back from being a B3W3 type of thing:

- Continuations are a bit more complex than third version games, and they sell about as much as 3rd versions. Prob the reason why the possible X2Y2 got cut.

- For it to be a continuation, they have to at least port the two games to the Switch. The thing about every other region and their remakes is that they exist as pretty separate things. I can very well play ORAS or HGSS and not play the originals and vice versa. I won't lose anything about it, and I don't need them to understand the story. I can't afford to play B2W2 before BW tho. And how can you make a sequel to a game that it's past two entries are not even in the same console? This was another reason why B2W2 ''flopped'': a lot of people thought it would just be third version game like the others and didn't bother buying the first game since they thought the story wouldn't change. Which also gives me a vibe that that's the reason why SWSH had DLCs instead of a ''Pokémon Spear''.

Unova confirmed! :ROFLMAO: But seriously, if they really make a Unova remake I hope it's a sequel even if i know there's little chance of it happening. If it is a remake of the first games is sure that the original story will be watered down, it's the most possible option even if I'm in denial. I also hope that these hypothetical future remakes don't have the same chibi style of the Sinnoh remakes, Chibi Ghetsis wouldn't intimidate a Patrat even if they kept the exact same story :p (I wonder what Chibi Cyrus looks like LOL).

How about a single prequel game instead of paired remakes/sequels - like how the original dragon was once one.
That can already be done by a Legends game, I prefer a single version sequel where we restore the Original Dragon and make it a usable Pokemon instead.

That can already be done by a Legends game, I prefer a single version sequel where we restore the Original Dragon and make it a usable Pokemon instead.

I think the Original Dragon will really be something reserved for Legends. It might be transferrable, but I think restoring the Original Dragon would require a lot of changes to the game's story. (At which point you might be better off with a fully new game).

I think the Original Dragon will really be something reserved for Legends. It might be transferrable, but I think restoring the Original Dragon would require a lot of changes to the game's story. (At which point you might be better off with a fully new game).
It doesn't change a lot of the game's story though, just needs a new item that fuses Black Kyurem with Reshiram or White Kyurem with Zekrom and a new story event involving Colress giving you said item. Plus, it would be boring to leave such a potential Pokemon form in only one game and never be able to use it again.

Last edited:
It doesn't change a lot of the game's story though, just needs a new item that fuses Black Kyurem with Reshiram or White Kyurem with Zekrom and a new story event involving Colress giving you said item. Plus, it would be boring to leave such a potential Pokemon form in only one game and never be able to use it again.

No, it isn't that easy. You got this entire storyline and then you expect the story to just go (Or rather N). "Oh you beat me, here's my dragon. Go find Colress and get the item."

No. That's shit. Literal shit. Just put it in a Legends storyline and give it the lore and story it deserves. Don't half-assed put it in the remakes. Make it transferable and we're good.

No, it isn't that easy. You got this entire storyline and then you expect the story to just go (Or rather N). "Oh you beat me, here's my dragon. Go find Colress and get the item."

No. That's shit. Literal shit. Just put it in a Legends storyline and give it the lore and story it deserves. Don't half-assed put it in the remakes. Make it transferable and we're good.
How is it not easy given N has already given up his dragon before? It's not going to ruin a remake if the storyline changes a little bit. And besides, I said sequel and not remake.

Also, it wouldn't exactly go like how you describe, as Colress would instead contact the player character for a battle that rewards the player the item. Since it would be a sequel, N wouldn't even have his dragon in the first place as he has given it to Nate/Rosa. Besides, the restoration approach would be a lot more fun given the player would be the one to do it before any other character, which for having a form appearing for the first time by the player, should've already been a first a long time ago.

Last edited:
I feel like the setup that we have right now for Sinnoh is ideal for Unova remakes. Outsource the trad remakes just to get them over with; Unova is already brilliant as it is and at most just needs a bit of polish and modern conveniences. Then they can do a Legends game about the Original Dragon, which I think would really complement the themes of the original BW - seeing Unova in the time before it became divided, and at a time long before Poké Balls existed, giving us a tangible view of the sort of harmonious and equal world that N, after going through his character development, wants to create. I think you could also differentiate a Unova-based Legends game set thousands of years ago quite substantially from Legends: Arceus, which seems to be in the distant but not super-distant past. The emphasis in Legends: Arceus is on the pure, pre-development wilderness, while Unova has always been more civilized. Imagine seeing the Dragonspiral Tower, Relic Castle, the ruins of Route 4, and the Abyssal Ruins in their heyday. None of the iconic bridges exist yet, so what's the relationship like between the three landmasses of the region? Imagine being able to see Tornadus and Thundurus flying around, disrupting the environment and the quaint villages in real time. Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion could act as protectors of certain areas, striving to keep you from entering. Hidden Grottoes would also be perfect for this kind of thing.

I think Unova only needs some extra polishing for the modern era. The exp share being available to everyone in the party, Fairy type (which Unova needs), etc. The only main thing is that I do wish they actually did something more in the post game tbh. It's not bad, but there isn't really a mission, or any story besides going after the Sages with Looker. I still wish we could've seen more being done in those areas tbh.

I also want Unova to get the Legends treatment. There’s a lot of loose ends and mysteries (especially locations) they can explore there. Like Sinnoh, Unova has a bunch of legendaries and mythicals that can be fleshed out - Original Dragon, Genesect (it’s original form) , Swords of Justice (maybe learn more about the war?), Meloetta/Victini (they just feel tacked on), etc.

I’m not keen on Unova remakes, but one thing I’ll be looking forward to is the soundtrack. It’s gonna be absolute fire.

I mean yeah obviously, but I think the point that they were making is that any potential Unova remakes probably won't be out for a very long time (maybe even a decade from now) so why even worry about them at this moment?

I for one am not really looking forward to the hype of Unova remakes because: 1) I was already getting sick of Sinnoh remake talk on Youtube and social media as early as 2014 and I don't think I can stomach the same pattern all over again. 2) Unova already got direct sequels that I felt fixed all the problems with the original B/W, so I can't fathom other Unova games topping them. And 3) after seeing how ridiculously crappy the D/P remake overworld graphics are the idea of Unova getting the same treatment (which imo seems inevitable) makes me dread them even more.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom