• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Speculation Unova Remakes

Reaction score
While I think the Diamond and Pearl remakes should get an expanded version of the Platinum Pokédex, the Black and White remakes should get the original Unova Pokédex with just the 156 Pokémon introduced in Unova. The Pokémon in Black 2 and White 2's Pokédex should be exclusive to the areas between Aspertia City and Virbank City which can only be visited in the post-game.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Not gonna lie, if a Unova remake looks anything like the Diamond and Pearl one does I'd kinda prefer they just stop making them in general. :\ I liked the remakes because they added to the experience and changed the look of things to match the current generation its made beside. If I want a completely faithful to the original version... I'm just gonna play the version I already have. And maybe pick up one of the versions used from a second hand store so it's not like gamefreak will make any money off the remakes from me.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
Not gonna lie, if a Unova remake looks anything like the Diamond and Pearl one does I'd kinda prefer they just stop making them in general. :\ I liked the remakes because they added to the experience and changed the look of things to match the current generation its made beside. If I want a completely faithful to the original version... I'm just gonna play the version I already have. And maybe pick up one of the versions used from a second hand store so it's not like gamefreak will make any money off the remakes from me.
AMEN. If the D/P remakes are the standards that remakes are going to be held to from now on, I'm done with them. Sadly.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
AMEN. If the D/P remakes are the standards that remakes are going to be held to from now on, I'm done with them. Sadly.
Well, BW is much closer to the newer games than the older ones in terms of mechanics and graphics so I don't expect BDSP-esque overworlds.

The night is filled with wonder...
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I hope with the Legends game that Unova gets this treatment. Legends: Original Dragon!

I actually hope that remakes are done. Unova should be the region that keeps being the exception, only region to get a sequel and a prequel!

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I feel old now.
Like, Gen5 remakes? Wowzers.
No need to feel old yet, it'll probably be 5-7 years before the remakes come out! I do find it hard to get my head around the fact that a decade has passed since I first played White, though.

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
I feel like GF and TPC have backed themselves with this one. Do they remake BW1 and ignore BW2? Do they remake both? Do they create a hybrid (let's call it BW1.5) and sell that? Create a Pokémon Gray?

Honestly if these hypothetical Gen 5 remakes are going to be anything similar to BDSP then I'd prefer if they didn't remake them.