• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

Foxwarrior said:
Its possible to revisit Kanto and see what the region looked like after the time skip of more or less two years, without Team Rocket's influence. Last time we saw Kanto wasn't 18 years ago, it was on HG/SS.
Enough said. HGSS are already 8 years old, mind you.

As for plot elements from the original games, last I checked, Game Freak did nothing with the five Kanto legendaries in terms of story. That is more intriguing than B3W3 adding a bit more to the Unova lore.

Unova remakes? Way too soon in my opinion. Sinnoh is next in line for remakes. Kanto is already been remade and is over done so it needs a break in my opinion.

I would like to see gen V remade like in gen VII style but after gen IV.

- Hope that starters get good megas Samurott screams for fighting or steel, or make him get both, one fast and physical and one with surprise.(steel would be better for the armor motive)

- Serperior also could get something interesting like flying or something.

-Emboar even if it stays like it is ,

all could really need a interesting buff of stats and moveset.

The same goes for all pokes in that generation and the previous gen IV.

Some abilities like Mummy and Heat Proof would need a buff.
Mummy should do something with oponents pokemon not only take away ability.
Heat Proof could rise def and sp. def one stage too not only half fire damage.

Does anyone see the possibility of these remakes being on the Switch? Since the Switch won't be able to play the Unova games anymore, it is certainly possible.

Does anyone see the possibility of these remakes being on the Switch? Since the Switch won't be able to play the Unova games anymore, it is certainly possible.

I definitely think the Switch will have both DP remakes and BW remakes, they were both on the same hardware originally so it makes sense for the remakes to also be on the same hardware.

That depends entirely on how long the Switch is supported, and how long this generation and the next are going to be. "BW have to be remade for the same system as DP" is questionable logic.

If anything I'd see BW remakes as likely to be for the console that comes after the Switch. Simply because of current trends with remakes.

Yeah, we're probably years away from Unova remakes, even though I'd love to see them sooner rather than later, given that Gen V's still my fave gen. Still, since the Switch can play HD, there's a possibility we'll see Gen V made for it.

But man, can you imagine Ghetsis' theme in HD?

Last edited:
A soft remake could be made in regards to the storyline because I wanna see Nate and Rosa meet Hilbert and Hilda but that could mean that they had make new player characters.

Last edited:
I actually expect both Unova and Kalos remakes in Generation 9, assuming that we are getting DP remakes next year of course.

In terms of remakes, there are two things they can actually do instead of almost purely remake:

One could be a straight-up sequel, which I would actually like since it would show us how the region has changed since the events of BW2, or if they don't want to go the sequel route...

A remake with heavily incorporated elements from BW2, this may sound a little much for a remake, but I just prefer they combine so much of the elements from the prequel to the sequel as much as possible. To give an example, this would be the first or possibly the only time in the series where Reshiram and Zekrom could be caught in the same game without multiplayer or internet. With that, they can freely introduce a way to combine both with Kyurem at the "same" time (when I mean "same", I mean when Kyurem changes to its Black/White form before fusing with the remaining dragon, just so the already existing forms aren't seen as a waste of time.) to restore the Original Dragon. Exceptions happened all the time within the Pokemon franchise, so I see this example as a possibility.

I am so nervous about the thoughts of a gen V remake tbh. BW were perfect in almost every way, only downside was the lack of post-game content compared to BW2. That gen was one of my favorites sprite-wise also so seeing it in 3D... I really hope they can do it well and not cut as many corners as they did for SwSh. I love my Unova too much. ):

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom