• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Unova Remakes

While I think the Diamond and Pearl remakes should get an expanded version of the Platinum Pokédex, the Black and White remakes should get the original Unova Pokédex with just the 156 Pokémon introduced in Unova. The Pokémon in Black 2 and White 2's Pokédex should be exclusive to the areas between Aspertia City and Virbank City which can only be visited in the post-game.

Not gonna lie, if a Unova remake looks anything like the Diamond and Pearl one does I'd kinda prefer they just stop making them in general. :\ I liked the remakes because they added to the experience and changed the look of things to match the current generation its made beside. If I want a completely faithful to the original version... I'm just gonna play the version I already have. And maybe pick up one of the versions used from a second hand store so it's not like gamefreak will make any money off the remakes from me.

Not gonna lie, if a Unova remake looks anything like the Diamond and Pearl one does I'd kinda prefer they just stop making them in general. :\ I liked the remakes because they added to the experience and changed the look of things to match the current generation its made beside. If I want a completely faithful to the original version... I'm just gonna play the version I already have. And maybe pick up one of the versions used from a second hand store so it's not like gamefreak will make any money off the remakes from me.

AMEN. If the D/P remakes are the standards that remakes are going to be held to from now on, I'm done with them. Sadly.

I hope with the Legends game that Unova gets this treatment. Legends: Original Dragon!

I actually hope that remakes are done. Unova should be the region that keeps being the exception, only region to get a sequel and a prequel!

I feel like GF and TPC have backed themselves into a corner with this one. Do they remake BW1 and ignore BW2? Do they remake both? Do they create a hybrid (let's call it BW1.5) and sell that? Create a Pokémon Gray?

Honestly if these hypothetical Gen 5 remakes are going to be anything similar to BDSP then I'd prefer if they didn't remake them.

Last edited:
I have a lot in my mind. PWT expansion, Pokemons gen 6 and up added, phenomenon party in pwt, Certain gym leaders and bosses using mega evolution z move gigantamax terra evolve phenomenon, Instead of the 4th to 8th gym leader having 3 Pokemons they'll have 4. And as for BW 1, it will be a DLC.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom