• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Alpha Sapphire "Forest Ranger & Birch Run"

Log #9-Gone Fishin'
Old_Rod_XYORAS.png
After I got the Old Rod from the Fishing Guru, I wanted to rest and take a breath, considering I had done a lot after getting to Dewford. With the rod, I captured a Tentacool and Magikarp. They both need some training (Tentacool came in at Level 5 and Magikarp was Level 10) to get up with the others.

While I sat after I caught myfirst fishing Pokemon, I looked at the Pokemon Gyms of Hoenn. It described that the next Exam was Fighting Type, and the Examiner was Brawly, a local celebrity of Dewford Town. In the next Log, we will record our Review Sheet for this next Exam. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #10-Test Studying In Dewford Town
Looking at the book, I took out my notebook and began to write my plan for this next Exam, which is going to be Fighting Type.Fighting Type
Weaknesses:
Fairy, Flying, & Psychic

Strengths:
Dark, Ice, Normal, Rock, & Steel

Pokemon I Can Use:
Beautifly, Dustox, Taillow, Wingull, Ralts, & Zubat
It may take a bit to get Zubat up to the proper Level, however.

Pokemon I Won't Use:
Treecko, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Lombre, Surskit, Shroomish, Slakoth, Nincada, Whismur, Makuhita, Magikarp, Geodude, Skitty, & Tentacool

In the next Log, we will take on the next Exam. If I pass it, I will become a Junior Forest Scout Rank 3. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #11-Test #2: Brawly
136px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brawly.png
While I was preparing for my next Exam, I managed to catch an Abra in Granite Cave. I managed to get my Pokemon (both old and new) to Level 16 in this preparation.

Going into the Exam, I had:
Wingull, Taillow, Ralts (x2), Zubat, and Kadabra

After I beat all of the other test takers, I reduced my team to Zubat & Kadabra, mainly because I didn't want to choose between the two Ralts, and Tailow had beaten all of the testers.

Brawly opened with Machop (Level 14) and I opened with Zubat. It Leered me once, and two hits later Machop was down. As Brawly changed to Makuhita (Level 16), I changed to Kadabra. One Confusion later and Kadabra took it down.

Brawly encouraged me to go to Granite Cave so I can finally deliver the letter to Steven. He also expanded my list of accessible types and elevated me to Junior Scout Rank 3.

Electric
Steel

In the next Log, we will go back to Granite Cave, finally delivering that letter to Steven. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #12-Checking Out Granite Cave
After I beat Brawly, I was advised to go to Granite Cave. The last time I was there, I was blocked from making my delivery due to a queue of ruin maniacs standing in the entrance. Now, they were gone, and I went down to see what was the deal and finally delivering the letter for Steven.

We met with Steven, who thanked me and talked about the mural he was looking at. Grateful for my deliverance of the letter, he gave me TM47 Steel Wing.

Once he left, I checked out the mural myself. It is very impressive! After being there for a while, I left to catch up with Mr. Briney, who apparently got a call from Mr. Stone, requesting him to take me to Slateport City.

In the next Log, we will explore the beach of Slateport City. Until the next time, we will see you!
Granite Cave Mural.jpg

Log #13-Slateport Beach
462px-Hoenn_Route_109_ORAS.png
Mr. Briney took me to Slateport Beach (Route 109). I was expected to deliver the Devon Parts that I saved from the pirate in the Rusturf Cave to a Captain Stern. I explored the beach and trained up some of my Pokemon.

There is a seaside cafe here, where I defeated the trainers, earning a 12 pack of soda and a lot of money. After I was ready, I prepared to go into Slateport City.

In the next Log, we will explore Slateport City itself and try to figure out where this Captain Stern is. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #14-The Busy City of Slateport
Slateport is a massive town, at least in appearance. There is a seaside bazaar (shopping center) and many things to do here. In one of the buildings, I got information on where I can deliver the Devon Parts, where Captain Stern is. He is at the Oceanic Museum. After I explored most of the rest of the town, I faced down the Oceanic Museum. In the museum, there were many fascinating displays, including a Hoenn Diorama. In one of the areas of the upstairs, looking at one of the displays, was Captain Stern, who was grateful for my delivery.

284px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Archie.png
Turns out some of the pirates are here too. I defeated them easily, and their leader, Archie, showed up. It seems that the pirates are actually supposed to be an evil team. I guess they are more intimidating than I thought they were.

Luckily, I didn't have to fight him at least not yet, but he did threaten that if I interfered with them again, he would take me on himself.

Well, it looks like I have a sidequest, to defeat this Team of pirates who are getting in my way. Once I defeated them, they departed, and I gave Captain Stern the Devon Parts. He departed as well.

There is one last building for me to explore in the city, so in the next Log, we will do so, then prepare to leave the city for parts unknown.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #15-Meeting A Contest Star
317px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Lisia.png

600px-025Pikachu-Rock_Star.png
Having beaten Team Aqua so far, I had nearly completed my quest in Slateport City. As I started to move north, a crowd drew me to something of interest. A Contest Celebrity named Lisia plucked me out of the crowd and encouraged me to go compete. She gave me a contest outfit, and I did indeed compete, coming in 3rd.

Afterward, a Pokemon Breeder in the Contest Hall gave me a Pikachu. This Pikachu likes to cosplay. It may eventually join my team as a battling member.

With the contest done, and as I prepared to move north, a thought occurred to me. At the Slateport Bazaar, I had managed to purchase a book called The Encyclopedia of Evolution, which features all of the evolution methods of each Pokemon known, including levels.

With this knowledge, I evolved Poochyena (Mightyena), Zigzagoon (Linoone), Slakoth (Vigoroth), Nincada (Ninjask) (which also gave me this shell of a Pokemon, Shedinja), Whismur (Loudred), and Magikarp (Gyrados). During all of this training, I made a stop in Petalburg, where I also caught a Goldeen, working to train it up a bit as well.

In the next Log, we will do some shopping, get some more Pokeballs and maybe some Great Balls as well, and then move north. Our next major stop is Mauville City.

Until next time, we will see you!

Log #16-Cycling Road & Trick House
Heading north from Slateport City, I decided to spend some time catching the Pokemon that were on the Route. I managed to pick up an Electrike, Gulpin, 2 Oddish, Plusle, & Voltorb. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a Minun, which I heard was in the grass on the Route. I spent a lot of time battling the trainers on the Route, eventually running into May, who challenged me to battle. Even though she only had 3 Pokemon, it was a difficult fight, especially since at the time I was using the fight to train my team members, however she was eventually defeated, giving me an Item Finder.

Trick_House_puzzle_room_1_ORAS.png
With May defeated, I traveled back to Slateport, then moved north once again, checking out the mysterious house that I had bypassed while I was running around. At first, I thought it was an empty house until I found the owner, who called himself the Trick Master, under his table. The man challenged me to take on the first of his trick rooms.

This trick room required Cut, so I had to get my Ninjask out to cut the shrubs while I figured out the puzzle. I picked up 2 Lava Cookies on my quest to find the password scroll on the back of the room. Once I found it, I beat the room and exited.

Eventually (it took me a few trips), I got to the edge of Mauville City. In the next Log, we will explore Mauville City. It will take a bit, since I want to be able to train up my new captures (and hopefully find that Minun)! Until then, we will see you!

Log #17-Mauville: City or Shopping Mall?
Mauville City.jpg
Mauville City is MASSIVE!

When I passed into the City, I saw Wally and his uncle, who was trying to talk Wally into doing something other than taking on the test, but Wally wouldn't hear of it. There is a lot to do here, a lot of shops, and a lot of people.

My main goal is to get a bike. After talking to Rydel, owner of the shop, and reading the manuals in the back, I decided to get the Mach Bike, since the Mach Bike allows for me to go up sandy hills, and I saw a few when I was exploring Granite Cave that I want to check out.

Once I am done with my explorative backtracking, I will go back to Mauville and check out some of the areas I have missed this time around. Maybe I will chase Wally down, he looked very intense!

In the next Log, we will be going through Granite Cave on the Mach Bike. Until then, we will see you!

Log #18-Biking Through Granite Cave
Departing Mauville (for now) and passing south through Slateport, I asked Mr. Briney for a ride to Dewford, where, after some searching, I found the area of Granite Cave that required the bike to go up. I went a few levels down (there are many dark spaces and ladders here), eventually finding and catching an Aron and Sableye, though the Sableye took a while to find. I ended up on a dark level where there were treasure hunters walking around, so I had to be careful in finding the Sableye.

I think I will explore Granite Cave some more for the battles eventually, but with my captures done, I escaped out of there, with my new goal to get all of my new Captures up to the Level cap of 21.

New Captures:
Electrike
Gulpin
Oddish (x2)
Plusle (not planning to train it, since it doesn't evolve)
Voltorb
Aron
Sableye

In the next Log, we will go back to Mauville and see what Wally is up to. Until then, we will see you!

Log #19-Catching Up With Wally
89px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
With my Pokemon still in training, I actually stumbled into the battle with Wally. Wally, for his part, only had Ralts (Level 17), which is not a good position to be in, but I was not surprised, especially if he came from Verdanturf.

At the time, I had my Gulpin as lead, so it was easy to take Ralts down in an OHKO, though I thought about Poisoning it first.

With him defeated, he attempted to ask me to allow him to be my rival, but he could not emotionally finish the request before he left with his Uncle. I wonder if he had actually taken on the Exam yet?

After I defeated him, I took a little more time to train so I could study. In the next Log, we will discuss what we will do for this next Exam, which may be tough. Until then, we will see you!

@Unovia
I think we can both agree that if Wally did try to take on Wattson, he would have been creamed by him. Looking at his Pokemon's moves (in the originals and the remakes) in comparison to Wattson's teams (in the originals and the remakes), Wally would not stand a chance against him.

Log #20-Test Studying In Mauville City
This next Exam, which is Electric Type, seems like it will be very difficult to take on, especially since there seems to be two kinds of Electric Type. I discovered this as I trained on Cycling Road, since the cyclists there use Electric Types.

The first kind is pure Electric. This is like a Voltorb, Electrike, or Pikachu. The second kind, by contrast, is dual Electric and Steel, like Magnemite. This may complicate things, since the Steel Typing adds more defense to a standard Electric Type.

I have to take some time to think through my options. In my study, I have to look at not only the strengths and weaknesses of Electric Types but also Steel Types. I am also very limited in the Pokemon I can use than any of the Exams before.

I don't have Fire Types, but I do have Fighting & Ground. If I beat Wattson, I will be elevated to Senior Forest Scout. This is the Final Exam of Junior Forest Scout!
Electric Types
Weaknesses:
Ground

Strengths:
Flying & Water

Steel Types
Weaknesses:
Fighting, Fire, Ground

Strengths:
Fairy, Ice, & Rock

Pokemon I Can Use:
Makuhita, Geodude, & Aron

In the next Log, we will take on Wattson. Until the next time, we will see you!

@Unovia
I think we can both agree that if Wally did try to take on Wattson, he would have been creamed by him. Looking at his Pokemon's moves (in the originals and the remakes) in comparison to Wattson's teams (in the originals and the remakes), Wally would not stand a chance against him.
True, so how did Wally suddenly get ahead of you? He manages to get ahead from Flannery on...
With his team, it really makes no sense.

Log #21-Test 3-Wattson
317px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wattson.png
After some thought, I brought Geodude, Aron, & Makuhita into this Exam. I swept through the trainers here, with the most challenging portion being the electric "rope" puzzle. Once I got to Wattson, I kept Geodude in front.

He opened with Magnemite (Level 19). Magnemite was faster than Geodude, hitting with a Tackle first. Geodude used Smack Down to do a little bit of damage so that if Magnemite had Sturdy (it probably did), when I would use the Ground Type moves on it, it would fall easier. Magnemite struck with another Tackle, and Geodude struck with Bulldoze, ending Magnemite.

Magneton (Level 21) was next, and I considered sending out Makuhita, but decided against it since Geodude had barely taken damage. A combination of Magnet Bomb and Supersonic almost took Geodude down, but Geodude took out Magneton.

Voltorb (Level 19) fell in an OHKO to Bulldoze.

With Wattson defeated, I was elevated to Senior Forest Scout and got access to Fire & Ground Types. It was much easier than I expected.

Now with access to Rock Smash, I decided to head back to the Trick House and see what I could do. In the next Log, we will do so. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #22-Back To The Trick House
Trick_House_puzzle_room_2_ORAS.png
With Wattson defeated and access to Rock Smash secured, I decided to take on the Trick House. At first, I was not sure if I would need it, but it was confirmed I would when I first walked in. I left for a little bit to train up some of my Pokemon.

My training got Taillow up to Swellow, Surskit to Masquerain, and most significantly Shroomish to Breloom. I gave Breloom Rock Smash, and then went back to the Trick House. There were multiple rocks and the good thing is that they are empty (no items or Pokemon in these Rocks).

I turned off the Exp. Share, then took down all of the trainers, getting a few Pokemon trained. The Trick Master gave me a reward for succeeding, then I departed.
Mauville City.jpg
Mauville has 4 paths out of the City.

South: Slateport
West: Route 117
East: Route 118
North: Route 111

In the next Log, we will go East out of Mauville, exploring Route 118. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #23-East, West, & North
Originally, I had planned to only cover Route 118 in this post, but as I was playing, I found it easier to cover all of the directions through Mauville.

Going East through Mauville, I arrived at Route 118. There isn't much here other than a few trainers and a beach. Route 118 is split in half by water. I cleared out the trainers, then decided to go west across Mauville to Route 117. Route 117 has its major feature of the Pokemon Daycare of Hoenn. There are a lot of trainers here, including a Double Battle. It was a good spot to train a lot of my team, allowing for me to evolve several of my Pokemon. Continuing west, I arrived in Verdanturf Town, the town that Wally and his family live in. The air is very clean here, perfect for his health. I saved a Shroomish for a little girl and also went back into Rusturf Tunnel, breaking rocks that were separating a karate man and his girlfriend, who is Wally's sister Wanda.

Winstrate_family_anime.png
Eventually, I decided to go north on Route 111. This Route has a desert splitting it, but the initial area of interest is the Winstrate Family, a 4 person gauntlet, though there is another family member that could be out "battling the Elite Four".

This battle can be very challenging, especially if you are not ready, but I sailed through it smoothly.
800px-Gabby_and_Ty_PG.png
Also on this Route, I am introduced to the interviewing team of Gabby & Ty. I defeated them, then sat for an interview. After I did that, I moved on.

The Desert is too harsh to go to yet, so the only direction we can take is going west through Route 113, which will take us to Fallarbor Town. I also ran into May, who gave me Strength, then departed.

In the next Log, we will check out the grass in this area and Route 112. Until then, we will see you!

Log #24-Route 112
Route 112 is a Route that connects a number of locations, though right now, we are catching a Numel and Machop. The Route also contains the Cable Car, which Team Aqua has blockaded right now. If I was able to access the Cable Car, I could go up to Mt. Chimney. I could go into Fiery Path as well, but I wanted to level them up for a bit before we move on into Fiery Path. I left there, leveling up Numel and Machop.

I hope we will be able to access the Cable Car soon. In the next Log, we will go backtrack to Granite Cave, as there is one Pokemon we can get there in one of the lowest areas of the cave, Nosepass. Until then, we will see you!

Log #25-Back To Granite Cave
Here we go. Back to Granite Cave. This should be the last time we are here, since this is the 3rd Time. The area where you can get a Nosepass is the same area where we caught Aron and Sableye, though we couldn't get there until we beat Watson and were able to use Rock Smash, since Nosepass is only catchable in this area through Rock Smash. After I beat the trainers here and caught Nosepass, I escaped.

I also decided to backtrack, continuing to try to capture Minun back on Route 110. Luckily, I was able to get one using my Masquerain, since it has Sweet Scent, which triggers 5 Pokemon, a Horde, in areas where Hordes are capable. Eventually, I found it. While I was in the area of Mauville City, I attempted to catch a Illumise using the Horde Mechanic on Route 117, but was unable to right now. It was frustrating to try to wade through the catch.

In the next Log, we will go through the long road to Fallarbor City. Until then, we will see you!

Log #26-Falling In Fallarbor
Back in Mauville City, I pushed north through Route 111. The desert is still inaccessible, so I traveled back through Route 112, beat the Hikers, then traveled through Fiery Path.

571px-Fiery_Path_ORAS.png
The Fiery Path is extensive, and I was able to get a Grimer, Koffing, Slugma, and Torkoal here. I will be training them up soon enough, but I am a bit exhausted with having to break rocks to swap out some of my team members, so I decided to move past here to the rest of Route 112 and 111, where I continued to train my more trained up Pokemon.
272px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Aarune.png
On Route 112, I found Aarune, a "Secret Base Expert" from Unova. He showed me the Secret Base Mechanic, establishing it for me. After he said goodbye, I moved onto Route 113, which has a lot of ash from Mt. Chimney. Once you get the Soot Sack, you can actually use Soot payments to get several items from the glass blowing business in the area. I also caught a few Pokemon here, including Sandshrew, Spinda, and Skarmory. Skarmory took me a bit to find and catch, but I eventually did. I also beat the trainers here and finally moved onto Fallarbor Town.
Professor_Cozmo_anime.png
Stopping into the Fallarbor Town Pokemon Center (FINALLY!, I ran into a girl named Lanette, who is the one who works on the PC System. She invited me to visit her on Route 114 at her house.

Then I met up with May, who pulled me into a house in the town, where she asked me to help her save Professor Cozmo, who was captured by Team Aqua due to his research on Meterorites. I felt bad for his wife.

I am going to go help May and Cozmo soon enough, but I have a few Pokemon I want to train up before we go do this next part. These include:

Magnemite (that I got in a Horde on Route 110)
Marill
Slugma
Grimer
Koffing

In the next Log, we will go off to Meteor Falls. Until we are ready, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom