• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Alpha Sapphire "Forest Ranger & Birch Run"

Log #27-Off To Meteor Falls
With my team ready, I switched out to a team that could be my major team, at least for a bit:
Grovyle
Manectric
Numel
Hariyama (Makit)
Tentacool
Swellow

800px-Shelly_PG.png
This woman named Shelly who is part of Team Aqua teamed up with a random Grunt. She came with a Mightyena and Carvanha, while the Grunt had a Grimer. All 3 were Level 23. May teamed up with me, and I did the majority of the work against them.
182px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Maxie.png
Suddenly, another team, this one dressed in red, showed up, calling themselves Team Magma. They also want to take over Hoenn. Great. Another team I have to defeat.

For now, Maxie decided to insult Archie and then depart. May and I helped Cozmo go back home, then May invited me to go to Mauville City with her. Apparently, she decided to take on the advancement exams as well.

We split ways, and I decided to go back to the Cable Car going up to Mt. Chimney, considering that Team Aqua and Magma were both going for the meteor.

In the next Log, we will go up to Mt. Chimney, go after Team Aqua, and go down Jagged Pass. Until then, we will see you!

Log #28-Mt. Chimney & Jagged Pass
170px-Slateport_City_Mt_Chimney_artwork.png
As I was walking at the peak of Mt. Chimney, I saw Team Magma and Team Aqua facing off. I changed out my Team to a team in training (my "Main Team" was mostly at Level 28, which was at a limit) and I took out Shelly once again. Her team was Grimer & Carvanha, both Level 24. It didn't take me too long to defeat her, since most of my team was able to stomp her.
284px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Archie.png
As promised, Archie decided to battle me. He warned me in Slateport that he would battle me. His team was Mightyena (Level 25), Golbat (Level 25), and Sharpedo (Level 27). It didn't take too long for me to defeat him using Breloom for Mightyena and Sharpedo. Golbat had to go down with Kirlia, but it was easy.

How is he the boss of anything?

Archie threatened to use his Mega Stone, but he was called by his Admin about a place called Mt. Pyre. He then departed.

Once he left, I took on Jagged Pass, which the only thing I had to catch here was a Spoink. Strangely, there are rocks that can be jumped on using the Acro Bike. Unfortunately, I don't have that bike right now (I have the Mach Bike). One day, when I have the other bike, I will hop down to my hearts content.

I arrived in Lavaridge Town. in the next Log, we will look at Lavaridge Town. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #29-The Relaxing Sands of Lavaridge Town
Exhausted after all of that travel, I was relieved to finally rest in a Town. Lavaridge Town is famous for its hot springs, available through the Lavaridge Town Pokemon Center. Upon talking to an old woman, she offered me an egg she was having a hard time hatching. The good thing is, I have Slugma, which has Flame Body. Flame Body is an ability that, other than having a 30% Chance of Burning a attacking Pokemon, it also makes it easier to hatch eggs.

218Slugma_OS_anime.png
Unfortunately, I don't know what is in this egg, but I am hoping to use Slugma to hatch the egg so I can find out what this Egg is before I go take on the next Exam, which is in this town.

Speaking of this next Exam, I think that because of the hot springs, it only makes sense that the next Exam is Fire Type. I have to do some planning, and in the next Log, we will post our plan for how we will move ahead.

Until the next time, we will see you, but I am going to rest in the Hot Springs while I plan!

Log #30-Test Studying In Lavaridge Town
This next Exam is Fire Type. It has many types that it is strong against, and very few that it is weak against. I will have a few Pokemon that I will be able to use in this Exam.

In addition, I am including a list of Pokemon I could use but they are not leveled with the others.
Fire Type:
Strengths:
Bug, Grass, Ice, & Steel

Weaknesses:
Ground, Rock, & Water

Pokemon I Can Use:
Lombre
Graveler
Goldeen
Tentacool
Aron
Numel

Pokemon I Could Use (but the Levels are Too Low):
Pelipper (Level 25)
Masquerain (Level 22)
Gyrados (Level 20)
Azumarill (Level 18)
Nosepass (Level 15)

In the next Log, I will be taking on the next Exam. I will be half way to proving myself as a Senior Forest Scout. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #31-Test 4: Flannery
304px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Flannery.png
How did Wally beat me here?! This is the first Exam he beat me to. How did he do that?!

I went in with Lombre, Graveler, Goldeen, Tentacool, Aron, & Numel to a spa that doubles as a Exam location. I defeated all of the spa patrons, then I left to get my team down to Lombre, Tentacool, & Numel into the final battle with Flannery.

She opened with Slugma (Level 26) and I opened with Tentacool (Level 28). One Bubblebeam lead to an OHKO of Slugma. She then sent out Numel (Level 26), and Tentacool stayed out, striking with another Bubblebeam, which OHKOed Numel. Flannery was now down to her last Pokemon, Torkoal, and at first I kept out Tentacool, using Bubblebeam at first, but Torkoal then used Sunny Day, which decreased the effectiveness of Water moves.

I switched to Numel (Level 28), which took damage from Body Slam. I retaliated with an Earth Power, ending the fight with Flannery!

As I left, I ended up meeting with May, who gave me the Go-Goggles and invited me to go travel back to Petalburg with her. I am not sure what I want to do. In one hand, I want to go with May and check in with my Dad. In the other hand, I want to use the Go-Goggles to explore the desert finally and see what secrets are there. In the next Log, we will make a determination of what we want to do.

Option 1: Explore the Desert of Route 111 using the Go-Goggles.
Option 2: Go back with May to Petalburg City.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #32-Exploring the Desert
Route 111 Desert.jpg
At first, I traveled back with May to Petalburg City, but I did not stay there long, deciding to take the opportunity to go to the desert.

Finally, I arrived at the Desert of Route 111, with the Go-Goggles. It took multiple trips to check out the desert. On my first trip there, I caught Cacnea, Baltoy, & Trapinch. On the second trip, I beat all of the explorers here. On the third trip, I encountered two Fossils.
Root_and_Claw_Fossils_anime.png
One Fossil looked like a paw, while the other looks like a flower. The paw is the Claw Fossil, while the flower is the Root Fossil. Facing a decision, I ended up picking the Claw Fossil, while the Root Fossil disappeared into the sand, to be lost forever. When I was on Route 114, I ran into a fossil maniac who told me about these fossils. I also remembered that in Rustboro City, there is a scientist in the Devon Corporation that restores Fossils.

With that remembered, I headed off to Rustboro City.
320px-Devon_Corporation_anime.png
Once I was in Rustboro City, I got the fossil restored. I was surprised at what came out of the restoration process... an Anorith, which once swam in Hoenn's prehistoric seas. Luckily, it came at Level 20, so I can train it up pretty easily.

I then finished my excursion back to Petalburg City. It's time to plan for the Normal Type Exam. In the next Log, we will discuss the plan for that Exam! Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #33-Test Studying In Petalburg City
360Wynaut_AG_anime.png
As I was training, I used Slugma to hatch the egg, eventually producing a Wynaut. Wynaut is the pre evolved form of Wobbefett. I placed Slugma in the box and considered my next move.

Normal Types
Weaknesses:
Fighting

Immunity:
Ghost

Fighting is the only Type Weakness that Normal Types have. Luckily, I have 3:
Breloom
Machoke
Hariyama

In the next Log, we will take on the Normal Type Exam. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #34-Norman Test #5
81px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Norman.png
The Normal Type Exam is hosted by my Dad, Scout Leader Norman. While going through the rest of the trainers with my Fighting Types, I let Wynaut stay in my Team to level it up (eggs start in at Level 1) until I got to my Dad, after which I put it in the box. Before I started this battle, I gave each of my Fighting Types Chesto Berries, a Berry that allows for waking up. I also bought a few Awakenings. This is due to my experience with the Slaking evolutionary line.

Dad opened with a Slaking (Level 30), and I did with Breloom. Breloom hit first with Mach Punch, which caused a bit of damage. Slaking retaliated with Retaliate, which did a lot of damage to Breloom, but Breloom countered with the Effect Spore Ability, which put Slaking to sleep. That, combined with the Truant Ability, stalled out Slaking. Breloom used Force Palm, which took out Slaking.

Dad sent out Vigoroth (Level 28) and I switched to Machoke. Vigoroth used Retaliate, and Machoke used Wake Up Slap, OHKOing Vigoroth. Down to his last Pokemon, Dad used another Slaking (Level 30), and I switched to Hariyama. Hariyama used Force Palm, which almost took out the Slaking, but Slaking used Chip Away. Hariyama ended the battle with another Force Palm.

I got my 5th Badge, and am now a Junior Forest Ranger! I now get access to Dragon Types.
89px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
After I got the badge, Wally and his Dad met up with me, giving me Surf. Wally, excited, took me back to Mauville City so he could see Route 118. I also lost access to Mr. Briney taking me across the water.

I have a few Water Types where this could be used that are in the proper Level structure that I can use to continue exploration. These are:
Lombre
Tentacool
Goldeen

In the next Log, we will go across Route 118. Wouldn't be surprised if there are a Fisherman fishing on the other side. Maybe I can get an upgrade to my Old Rod. Then we will fish for a while. That will allow me to explore some of the old fishing spots before we move on to explore more.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #35-A New Rod On Route 118
Good_Rod_XYORAS.png
As I crossed over the water separating the two sections of Route 118, I met a fisherman who gave me the Good Rod. Unfortunately, there aren't many Pokemon that I could get from the Good Rod that I had not gotten from the Old Rod.

In the next Log, we will use our newly gained Surfing ability to explore Southern Hoenn. Until then, we will see you!

Log #36-Surfing Southern Hoenn
Departing from Slateport City, I explored Routes 108 and 107, both of which were bypassed when Mr. Briney took us places in his boat. Off of Route 108, I ran into a shipwreck called Sea Mauville.

678px-Hoenn_Sea_Mauville_surface_ORAS.png
This is a MASSIVE ship! I decided to bypass it for now, thinking about going back after I get all of the Exams completed.

What shipwrecked it?
What connection does this have with Mauville?
Who established the ship?
What Secrets does it hold?

We continued onto Dewford Town, mysteries swimming in my head. In the next Log, we will finally go across to Eastern Hoenn, the unexplored part of the Region. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #37-Across To Eastern Hoenn
325px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Steven.png
Finally traveling across to Eastern Hoenn, we run into Steven again, who we had not seen since Granite Cave. He talked to me, asking what my goals were. He also encouraged me to continue my dreams until we reached the top, hopefully the Pokemon League.
800px-Eon_duo_anime.png
Suddenly, a blue Pokemon appeared before us. It is Latios, a Legendary Pokemon. He came to ask Steven and I for help with latias, his sister and other Legendary Pokemon.

Latios flew us to an island, apparently called Southern Island. In the next Log, we will explore the island and work to save Latias! Until next time, we will see you!

Log #38-Southern Island & Mega Evolution
800px-Eon_duo_anime.png
On Southern Island, Steven & I uncover what is going on and why Latios needed help. Team Aqua is on the island, and they are holding Latias hostage! We teamed up to battle the Team Aqua Admin and another Grunt.

Steven brought into the fight his Metang, the Admin had a Sharpedo, and the Grunt had a Grimer. I had a team in training with me, since I didn't want to get my major team up to Level 35, my limit up to this next Exam.

Steven and I beat them, they departed, and a grateful Latias joined my team. Steven also gave me access to Mega Evolution. Soon I will be able to use it on my team.

In the next Log, we will explore the forested area to the north on our way to the next city, Fortree City, Route 119. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #39-The Long Grass of Route 119
Hoenn's Route 119 is a long, rainy Route. There is so much to explore here, and the long grass and constant rain makes movement a bit slow. I defeated all of the trainers, including some other Forest Rangers there. It kinda made me nervous because of the others who I am basically competing against. If the Forest Rangers are here, wouldn't that suggest that they may have 5-6 Badges? I know Wally does since I get regular updates through my Buzz Nav.

The most prominent feature on this Route is the Weather Institute. By the time I got there, I felt completely soaked. I wish I had been able to get an umbrella!

Eventually, I got to the Weather Institute, which allowed me to rest and dry my clothes. I think something is going on here, since I can see Team Aqua Grunts.

In the next Log, we will clear out the Weather Institute. Until next time, we will see you!
Weather_Institute_ORAS.png

Log #40-Weather Institute
Well now we are in the Weather Institute, fully rested from my time on Route 119. I battled all of the Grunts while training up my various Pokemon so I could continue running my Birch Run. Once I beat the Grunts, I had to beat Shelly to liberate the Institute. It didn't take me too long, though my Lairon got frozen by Shelly's Sharpedo and stayed frozen through the entire fight. It took my entire team to defeat her, but I did.

After Team Aqua departed, the grateful people at the Institute gave me a Pokemon called Castform.
Weather_Institute_ORAS.png
Castform
Castform is a unique Pokemon, perfect for a Weather Institute. Castform has 3 other Weather Forms.

Sunny
Sunny Form Castform is a Fire Type. This form occurs during Harsh Sunlight.
Rainy
Rainy Form Castform is a Water Type. This form occurs during Rain, such as on Route 119.
Snowy
Snowy Form Castform is an Ice Type. This form occurs during Hail.

I don't plan to use Castform, so I just decided to keep it in my box. There is a lot to do to make Castform battle ready.

In the next Log, we will finish exploring Route 119 and finally cross into Fortree City. Until the next time, we will see you!
600px-351Castform.png

Log #41-Fortree City & Route 120
Still on Route 119, I battled May again. She had a Wailmer (Level 31), Shroomish (Level 31), and Combusken (Level 33). It didn't take too long to defeat her. My Cacnea beat her Wailmer, Koffing beat her Shroomish, & Goldeen beat Combusken with a single Surf. She gave me HM02 (Fly), though I can't use it now.

After I beat May, I went Fishing, getting a Feebas and Carvanha, which both went into my Box. Then, I continued east, into Fortree City. The City had several invisible walls in it, so I couldn't fully explore yet.

Shortly thereafter, I saw Steven again, who was going to Route 120, investigating the invisible walls...
432px-349Feebas_AG_anime.png
On Route 120, I eventually caught up with Steven, who showed me a new invention, the Devon Scope, which allows one to see invisible things and even Pokemon, including one that is on the bridge. I capture the Kecleon, and Steven gave me a Sceptilite for my Mega Stone collection. He then departs, and I continue to explore the Route, capturing a few Pokemon along the way. I am stopped by a Birdkeeper, who directs me back to Fortree City.
352Kecleon_XY_anime.png
In Fortree City, I ran into Aarune, who hosts his Flag Guild in the city. I meet with him, and he gives me more stuff for my Secret Base.

I then settle into the Fortree City Pokemon Center to set up for my next Exam. What type is it? When I was able to overlook the Gym from one of the swaying bridges, I could not be sure. This is, after all, the first location I have been to in Eastern Hoenn, and my book gives no help.

I would say that it is one of two types:
Grass, based on the location or Flying, based on the prevalence of Birdkeepers near the City.

In the next Log, we will discuss the two considerations, and plan. Until then, we will see you!
272px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Aarune.png

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom