• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Alpha Sapphire "Forest Ranger & Birch Run"

Log #42-Fortree City: What Type Is It?
After I went to the Pokemon Center and rested, I decided to go back to the bridge that overlooked the next Exam site in an attempt to figure out the Type that it is.

Option 1: Based on the location, it might be Grass Type, considering the amount of Grass Types in the area.

Option 2: Flying Type, based on the number of Birdkeepers I have run into on the trek over and on Route 120. The neighboring Routes of a City can often demonstrate the typing.

With that in mind, let's discuss.
Grass Type
Weaknesses:
Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, & Poison

Strengths:
Ground, Rock, & Water

In regard to the Weaknesses, I have every Type but Ice.

Flying Type
Weaknesses:
Electric, Ice, & Rock

Strengths:
Bug, Fighting, Grass

In regard to the Weaknesses, I have every Type but Ice.

I might have to investigate the location itself before I settle on a Team to use. In the next Log, we will take the next Exam on. Until then, we will see you!

Log #43-Test 6: Winona
455px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Winona.png
So, the Exam turned out to be Flying Type. This was the 3rd Exam that Wally beat me to!

After I put Slugma and Koffing back in the box, I was left with Manectric, Camerupt, Lairon, and Graveler, all of which were Level 34. While Manectric was to cover Electric Types, Camerupt, Lairon, & Graveler were there for the use of either Rock Type attacks or, in the case of Graveler, their typing. I cleared all of the Ace Trainers & Campers easily, then got ready to battle Winona. Winona was the first challenge to have 4 Pokemon.

She opened with Swellow (Level 33) and I opened with Lairon, since by this point both Manectric & Camerupt were Level 35, which was the Level Cap for this fight. Swellow, being fast, struck first with Aerial Ace, doing a little damage. One Rock Slide took Swellow out in an OHKO. Both Lairon and Graveler got to Level 35 as a result.

She brought out Altaria (Level 35), signalling she wanted to be done with this quickly. I switched out to Manectric, and Mega Evolved for the first time. I hit with Discharge, which did about half damage to Altaria. When Altaria used Earthquake, I thought perhaps Manectric, despite being Mega Evolved, would faint. Instead, it did about a quarter damage, and Manectric hit back with another Discharge, which took out Altaria.

Next came her Pelipper (Level 33), and I stuck with Manectric. Pelipper used Protect. One Discharge took out Pelipper. Finally, she sent out Skarmory (Level 33), and Manectric did a Discharge. I expected Skarmory to have Sturdy, but it didn't, and was another OHKO. That battle was 3 OHKOs!

Now with my 6th Badge, I was unsure of what I wanted to do now. I think instead of moving beyond Fortree City, I am actually going to backtrack, especially since I have access to Fly outside of battle.

Where am I going to backtrack to? The Trick House. I was looking at the information I had gotten the last time I was there, and I think I have opened two more Puzzles since I got the Balance & Feather Badges now.

In the next Log, we will clear out those two Puzzles and see what prizes we get. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #44-Back To The Trick House Again
Having beaten out to Winona, I decided to try of finish the Trick House. I ended up completing the last 4 Puzzles (I know I thought I would only be able to do two Puzzles, but I was able to finish it all).

Puzzle 3
This third puzzle of the Trick House encourages the use of Flash to get through it, but it is not required. I got my Kadabra out of the box, gave it Flash, then tackled this room. There are many trainers here, so I worked to clear them out as well.

Eventually, I got to the scroll, clearing out this puzzle at the door. Easiest of the four I did for this Log.
Trick_House_puzzle_room_3_ORAS.png
Puzzle 4
This fourth puzzle of the Trick House made me so frustrated I almost quit. I ended up watching a video from another person who managed to beat the Trick House years ago:

This is a very problematic room, due to the use of Strength required. This was why I waited to do more of these rooms until I was able to use Strength outside of battle and a bit after just in case there were more Exams I had to beat.

Eventually, I beat this room, being the most difficult one I had.
Trick_House_puzzle_room_4_ORAS.png
Puzzle 5
Puzzle five was a question and answer puzzle, bringing up questions from throughout the journey so far. Get one wrong and its a restart. Eventually I beat this room, though it took a few tries.
Trick_House_puzzle_room_5_ORAS.png
Puzzle 6 (Last Puzzle)
This last puzzle made me so dizzy. Warp Panels are not easy to sort out, especially if the arrows are not easily visible. Eventually though, and with a little help, I got through, beating the Trick House and sending the Trick Master on a journey to discover more riddles and puzzles.

In the next Log, we will push forward, with our next city goal being Lilycove. Until the next time, we will see you!
800px-Trick_House_puzzle_room_6_ORAS.png

Log #45-Route 121
I trained my team a bit in some of the previous areas I had been. Eventually, I flew to Fortree City, then headed through Route 120. Now that I had beaten Winona, I was able to go to Route 121.

800px-Hoenn_Route_121_ORAS.png
There are a lot of trainers on Route 120 & Route 121. I did capture a Shuppet here. In the shadow of the Hoenn Safari Zone, I trained up some of my lower team members. I think I am getting close to having a "Final Team" at this point. I think it is going to be:

Sceptile (Confirmed)
Manectric (Confirmed)
Camerupt (Confirmed)
Sableye (Very Likely)
Sharpedo (Very Likely)
Altaria (Possibly)

I have several places I can go now:
1. Lilycove City
2. Hoenn Safari Zone
3. Mt. Pyre

I think, right now, I am going to continue on to Lilycove City so I have a place to actually Fly to. From there, I think I will go through the Safari Zone to check out everything and make a few captures, then go to Mt. Pyre. I know Team Aqua is there, along with a few Pokemon I can capture in the Mountain.

The next few Logs will be the following:
Log #46-Onward To Lilycove
Log #47-Safari Zone Madness!
Log #48-Mt. Pyre

I think, after Mt. Pyre, I will do most, if not all, of the Super Training to get the stones. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #46-Onward to Lilycove
Moving beyond Route 121, I crossed into Lilycove City. There are 2 major attractions here, being the Lilycove Department Store and the Lilycove art museum. Near the first moments of being in the city, as I headed toward the Department Store, May intervened. After a short discussion, she challenged me to battle.

She opened with Swellow (Level 37) and I opened with Sceptile, which I Mega Evolved. After some back and forth, I defeated Swellow, though it was not without almost losing Sceptile. She sent out Blaziken (Level 39), and I brought out Sharpedo (Level 33). I took a Quick Attack or two, which Sharpedo beat back with some damage from the Rough Skin ability. A Surf OHKOed Blaziken, her biggest threat. Next came her Breloom (Level 37), which I changed out to Camerupt for. One Lava Plume was an OHKO. Lastly was her Wailord (Level 37) and Manectric ended Wailord in an OHKO.

May departed, wanting to show her Pokedex off to Prof. Birch, her dad. I checked out both the Department Store & the Museum. In the next Log, we will be heading back to Route 121, where the Hoenn Safari Zone is. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #47-Safari Zone Madness
Safari Zone
The Safari Zone used to have a time limit of a certain number of steps and a certain number of Pokeballs. However, in Hoenn, there is only one limitation to exploring the whole thing...not having both bikes!

I captured all of the Pokemon I didn't have, though I didn't get Xatu. I will go to find it later.

Soon, I will work to train up the Pokemon I caught here, since they are all relatively high level, and it won't take much to evolve them.

In the next Log, we will head to Mt. Pyre and beat back Team Aqua. Until then, we will see you!
618px-Safari_Zone_ORAS.png

Log #48-Mt. Pyre
Mt. Pyre
This is a resting place for deceased Pokemon. It was not too hard to capture the Pokemon here, thank goodness! Eventually, I got to the summit, where Team Aqua was. It didn't take much to beat most of them, though I had to get some Antidotes, since the Grunts liked to Poison me. Luckily I could pretty much Fly back to Mt. Pyre.

After I crushed the Grunts, I had to battle Admin Matt, who only had a single Sharpedo (Level 38), which fell to my Mega Evolved Manectric. Archie had taken the Blue Orb and I was given the Red Orb. After they left, I went to find the rare Chimecho, which I did find, and I found the last captures.

Soon, I will go back to Slateport City in process of chasing Team Aqua down. I also took a moment to explore Route 123, which is a one way road. It didn't take much to defeat the trainers there. My Team is now between Levels 40 & 41.

I am going to take a bit to get the Evolutionary Stones through Pokemon Secret Super Training!

I need:
1 Fire Stone (Vulpix)
2 Water Stones (Lombre & Staryu)
1 Thunder Stone (Pikachu)
1 Leaf Stone (Gloom)
2 Moon Stones (Jigglypuff & Skitty)
1 Sun Stone (Gloom)
1 Dusk Stone (Murkrow)-Eventually will get Murkrow Soaring
2 Dawn Stones (Kirlia & Snorunt)-Eventually will get 2 Snorunt (one for Glalie and one for Froslass)

That will be 11 Stones, and it may take a few days to get all of the Stones needed. The next Log is going to be after the Super Training, so we will see you when we are ready. PLEASE BE PATIENT!
523px-Hoenn_Route_122_ORAS.png

An Announcement!
Greetings to all of the Folks that read as I go through these playthroughs. While I am still going through this playthrough (and will be for some time still), I am happy to announce that I have gotten a few new games, those being Silver (Virtual Console) and Crystal (Virtual Console). I will also be getting Red (Virtual Console) as well soon.

These planned playthroughs are going to be (subject to change):
1. Silver:
Unovia's Silver Modified Professor Oak's Challenge
Concept: This one would be like the Yellow Modified Professor Oak challenge, except this one would be in a Johto game.

2. Crystal:
Unovia's Crystal Team Rocket Run
Concept: This one would involve mastering Johto & Kanto as a Team Rocket Grunt.

3. Red:
Unovia's Origins Red Run
Concept: This one would involve being like Red from Origins.

Considering that a Playthrough usually takes between 2-3 Months, this means that we will be playing these games through most of 2022 (I know, 2022...a shock, right?!). Hope you guys will enjoy these Playthroughs when they are officially announced one at a time in the near future, including rulesets.

Thank you all for the support you have shown us through all of the games so far, and I hope you will continue to support the Alpha Sapphire Run that is still ongoing!

Good job so far, playing like a Pokemon Ranger sounds fun. Good job on obtaining all those evolutions since grinding in ORAS is a bit hard.
Thanks! Yeah, it is fun! Grinding is tricky, but totally worth it. Right now, I am just working on finishing all of the Pokemon that can evolve so far before I get any new ones, like with the Super Rod. Nice to see you check in here.

Log #49-Hunting Down A Submarine
With the excitement for the next Playthroughs established, let's work to get this one finished! Should not be too much longer!

I got a lot of evolutions done, then decided to chase down Team Aqua in Slateport City. They talked about getting Captain Stern's submarine. Eventually, I found myself there, just in time to see Team Aqua taking his submarine. Captain Stern took me to Lilycove so I can help get the submarine back.

Upon arriving at Lilycove, I decided to take down the Team Aqua Hideout, beating all of the grunts and the admins. Yet, Team Aqua still managed to escape. They will be heading to the Seafloor Cavern.

I did manage to get a few items, including 2 Nuggets and most importantly the Master Ball.

Where should I go next? We will be looking at two options for what to do.

Option 1: Surf Route 124 to Mossdeep City
Option 2: Surf Route 134 to Pacifidlog Town.

The next few titles for the next few Logs are as follows:
50124 to Mossdeep
51Fishing Again
52Studying In Mossdeep
53Exam 7: Tate & Liza
54Routes 125 & 127
55Shoal Cave
56Routes 126, 128, 129, 130, & 131
57The Town of Boats
58Routes 132, 133, & 134

This is going to be very good over the next few days to weeks. Until the next time, we will see you!
Captain_Stern.png

Log #50-124 To Mossdeep
Hoenn_Route_124_ORAS.png
Route 124 is a crossroads Route. To the west is Lilycove City. To the south is Route 126. To the east is our goal...Mossdeep City.

There are many trainers here, and the most defining feature is the Treasure Hunters House, where you can trade Shards collected for Evolutions.

Red Shards are Fire Stones
Yellow Shards are Thunder Stones
Blue Shards are Water Stones
Green Shards are Leaf Stones

He will be helpful, but how am I going to get the shards? Maybe more exploration will help!

From Route 124, I moved east to Mossdeep. It is a pretty settlement, with the most prominent feature is the Space Center. I gain the Super Rod from a fisherman in the city. In the next Log, we will go to some fishing locations. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #51-Fishing Again
Super_Rod_XYORAS.png
With the Super Rod, I flew back to Petalburg City to finally fish up a Corphish, Route 109 to catch a Wailmer, and Route 120 to catch a Barboach.

I also caught an Absol while on the Route.

Finally, I flew back to the Safari Zone in an attempt to catch a Xatu. Unfortunately, I can't yet until I manage to get both bikes.

In the next Log, we will prepare for our next Exam, which, based on the rocketry, is likely based on the Psychic Type. Until then, we will see you!

Log #52-Studying In Mossdeep
This next Exam is based on the Psychic Type. I think this will be the easiest Exam so far, mainly because I have Pokemon in my Main Team that can defeat this one pretty easily. This is Exam 2 of the 3 required to leave the rank of Junior Forest Ranger and become a Senior Forest Ranger, my main goal of this entire quest.

What Pokemon do I think I will be using in this fight? Well, based on the stories around town, the Examiners, Tate & Liza, are a duo that are very difficult to defeat. I will be using Sharpedo and Sableye. Sharpedo is a Water & Dark Type, while Sableye is a Ghost & Dark Type.
Psychic Type
Weaknesses:
Fighting & Poison

Strengths:
Bug, Dark, & Ghost

In the next Log, we will take them on! Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom