• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Alpha Sapphire "Forest Ranger & Birch Run"

Log #53-Exam 7: Tate & Liza
425px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Liza_&_Tate.png
I easily beat the trainers here, though the psychic paths were both fun and challenging. Eventually, I narrowed my team down to Sableye & Sharpedo (Level 44-45). They used Solrock & Lunatone (both Level 45). Sharpedo used Crunch and Sableye used Shadow Claw. The combo didn't quite take Solrock & Lunatone down, who were then healed up. Solrock used Sunny Day, no doubt preparing to take down Sharpedo while Lunatone set up Light Screen. One Crunch and Shadow Ball took out both of the rocks, giving me the win.

As I left the Gym, triumphant, suddenly, an ear splitting sound and earthquake rocked the city, with a green beam of light hitting the sky. In response, I met with Steven, who happened to live here. He told me that the Super Ancient Pokemon has been released from its ancient slumber by Team Aqua, and if I used the newly acquired Dive, I would be able to hunt them down at Route 128.

My plan now is to get Wailmer to Wailord and use Wailord as my rotational Water Type, since it already has Dive.

It will be a few days before I actually go after Team Aqua. I have a few Pokemon to train up to evolve, then I will explore Routes 125 & 127. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #54-Routes 125 & 127
Route 125 is north of Mossdeep Citywhile Route 127 is south of the city. Both are water Routes. There isn't much on these Routes to explore, though Route 127 is better to explore underwater, since there are so many "Diveable spots". Route 125 has only Shoal Cave as a location of interest.

Soon I will be exploring Route 127 and other Diving spots (Log #59). For now, we move north, onto Route 125, specifically Shoal Cave. In the next Log, we will begin exploring the Shoal Cave. Until then, we will see you!

Log #55-Shoal Cave
Shoal Cave.jpg
Shoal Cave is an interesting location, especially since it is the only location that has a High & Low Tide. Both of these are unique situations, with High Tide leaving most of the location unreachable, and Low Tide allows for a location known as the Ice Room to open up, which is the only place Snorunt can be found.

Unfortunately, I reached it during High Tide. I just have to wait for the tide to go down before I continue to explore. I did catch a Spheal and Sealeo.

The Waiting Game begins. While I was stll out here, I decided to explore around more. In the next Log, we will explore Routes 126, 128, 129, 130, & 131 There is a lot going on for exploration. Until then, we will see you!

Log #56-Routes 126, 128, 129, 130, & 131
642px-Hoenn_Route_126_ORAS.png
Route 126 is a largely Diving spot around Sootopolis City. Routes 128, 129, 130, & 131 are also major Diving locations. There is something mysterious on Route 131, but I am not sure what it is. Some kind of Tower.

With all of these locations, it may be time to get out Wailord and begin exploration. Soon, we will. There are so many mysteries under the waves.

Leaving these mysteries for now, we decided to head to Pacifidlog Town. In the next Log, we will do so. Until then, we will see you!

Log #57-The Town of Boats
746px-Pacifidlog_Town_ORAS.png
Pacifidlog Town is a Town where its inhabitants founded it off of boats. The early people that came here lived and died on their boats.

It is the only settlement that is in the area, meaning that it is a very important place to heal up. Strangely, there is no Mart, meaning that if you want to get supplies, you have to go elsewhere.

To the west, there are the strange currents between here and Slateport City. Before we explore beyond Pacifidlog, we are camped near Shoal Cave, since I want to finish exploring it. In the next Log, we will talk about Shoal Cave exploring, then take on the wild currents of Routes 132-134. I don't know how long I will have to wait.

Until next time, we will see you!

Log #58-Routes 132, 133, & 134
Shoal Cave.jpg
Before I decided to take on the wild currents, I finished my business of Shoal Cave, catching both Snorunt I needed in the icy part of the cave. The Male one turns into Glalie, while the Female one turns into a Frosslass with help from a Dawn Stone.

Saying goodbye to Shoal Cave, I headed back to Pacifidlog Town, then started Surfing West. I took on several trainers in the island patches that dot these Routes, eventually ending up back at Slateport City.

I have officially checked out all of the water Routes before taking on the League!

There is much left to explore, specifically the Diving spots and training up some Pokemon. In the next Log, we will discuss the Diving locations and catch whatever is below the waves. I am sure there are other explorers there too, so it will also be full of battles I am sure.

Dive, Dive, Dive! Until next time, we will see you!

Log #59-Dive, Dive, Dive!
Hoenn_Route_128_underwater_ORAS.png
Using Wailord, I dove down. In the seaweed of the Diving Routes, I managed to fight a few battles as well as capturing Chinchou, Lanturn, Relicanth, and Clamperl. I also accidentally found the underwater entrance to Sootopolis City, prematurely opening it up. In Mossdeep, at the former Team Aqua base, I found Staryu.

Going back underwater, I found the Seafloor Cavern and the submarine which now looks like a Sharpedo.

I don't have many Pokemon to get left. In the next Log, I will go into Seafloor Cavern, clearing it out of Team Aqua Grunts. Until next time, we will see you!

Hoenn Pokedex: A Status Update
With the Hoenn Dex in the run almost done, I want to put up a status report of what I have remaining. This only includes Pokemon I can get, not Pokemon that are not able to be traded or version exclusive.

Story PokemonBaby PokemonStone Evolutions
Beldum, Metang, MetagrossBudewLudicolo
Regirock, Regice, RegisteelChinglingGallade
KyogrePichuDelcatty
Xatu, Probopass, MagnezoneIgglybuffVileplume & Bellossom
RayquazaAzurillRoserade
DeoxysWigglytuff
SeadraStarmie
Bagon, Shelgon,& SalamenceRaichu
GlalieFrosslass
WalreinNinetales

I am down to very few Pokemon. Most of my missing ones are Stone Evolutions. Even if I don't get the Stone ones or the Baby Pokemon and just get the Story ones, I will be close enough to done with the Birch Dex to call it done. Almost Done Folks!

Log #60-Final Showdown With Team Aqua
284px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Archie.png

182px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Maxie.png
In order to take on the Seafloor Cavern, I had to bring Pokemon that had Rock Smash (Breloom), Strength (Slaking), and Dive (Wailord). My main Team Members were Sceptile, Manectric, & Camerupt.

Once I got down to the lowest level after I beat a few Grunts, eventually I ran into Archie and Maxie. Maxie tried to convince Archie to not awaken Kyogre, but he largely ignored him, deciding to battle me instead.

Archie's Team was Mightyena (Level 41), Muk (Level 41), Crobat (Level 41), and Sharpedo (Level 43), who could also Mega Evolve. It was four OHKOs. Archie was a joke. Mightyena went down to Sceptile, Muk went down to Camerupt, while Crobat and Sharpedo went down to Manectric. Even the Mega Evolution went down in one hit.

Archie, undeterred, awoke Kyogre with the Blue Orb. Kyogre began to head to Sootopolis City, and the weather became chaotic. It truly was the end of the world. The Team Aqua and Magma members departed, as did I.

Steven met up with me, asking me to meet with hm in Sootopolis. I took Wailord back to Mossdeep City.

What is going to happen now? I am going to catch Kyogre to end the chaos. In the next Log, we will do so! Until then, we will see you!

Log #61-Catching A Legend
382Kyogre-Primal_XY_anime_2.png
With Kyogre rushing to Sootopolis, I changed my team out to my Main Team, then flew to Sootopolis. Thank goodness I had found Sootopolis by accident while Diving.

Kyogre is destroying the world in a Great Flood. I put on the Scuba Suit and went down to the lowest area of the Cave of Origin. It is strange that you have:

Wallace:Sootopolis Gym Leader
Steven:Champion of Hoenn
Maxie & Archie: Leaders of Villainous Teams who can Mega Evolve their Pokemon

Yet they rely on a 10 Year old Forest Ranger to do this job. Ok. Let's do this!

Long story short, Kyogre Primal Reversioned (basically Mega Evolution but natural) and I Master Balled it immediately. I am not fighting a naturally occurring Mega Evolution.

With the capture, things return to a new normal, full of more Mega Stones. I got the Eon Flute from Steven, which allows me to fly at any time with Latias, or Soar. In the next Log, we will Soar with Latias. My goal here is to finally catch a Xatu. It might be catchable through a Mirage Island.

Until next time, we will see you!

View attachment 153456Kyogre is destroying the world in a Great Flood. I put on the Scuba Suit and went down to the lowest area of the Cave of Origin. It is strange that you have:

Wallace:Sootopolis Gym Leader
Steven:Champion of Hoenn
Maxie & Archie: Leaders of Villainous Teams who can Mega Evolve their Pokemon

Yet they rely on a 10 Year old Forest Ranger to do this job. Ok. Let's do this!

Heck, there is even an ELECTRIC type Gym leader In Hoenn. Just give Wattson a call.

Log #62-Soaring With Latias
800px-Eon_duo_anime.png
In Sootopolis City, I tested out the Eon Flute. It was a blast to fly around with Latias, who Mega Evolves to complete the Soaring mechanic. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Xatu yet, but this is an absolute blast to do.

The Eon Flute is an awesome thing to do. It is amazing how many Mirage locations there are. I might use this more!

We dropped back into Sootopolis City, ready to study on the final exam to elevate to Senior Forest Ranger.
In the next Log, we will study against Wallace. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #63-Studying In Sootopolis
Wallace is a Water Type trainer, and considering that Sootopolis is a city in a body of water, it is not surprising.

I don't know what Pokemon he is going to use, since the Water Type is so diverse. It could be Water/Poison, Water/Grass, Water/Ground, Water/Bug, Water/Ice, Water/Electric, Water/Flying or Pure Water. The Water Type is one of those Types that often comes paired with another Type.

Regardless, the Water Type is weak to Electric & Grass.
Water Type
Weaknesses:
Electric & Grass

Strengths:
Fire, Ground, & Rock

Pokemon I Plan To Use:
Sceptile & Manectric are going to be my main attackers, with Sharpedo as a background Pokemon due to having Poison Fang. The rest of my Team will set and take in the experience.

In the next Log, we will take on Wallace. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #64-Exam 8:Wallace
442px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wallace.png
The ice paths are really challenging. I actually had to look up a guide, which I will post here:

I found that it was much easier to battle the trainers under the ice first, then go back and tackle the Puzzles. I did that, and they fell quickly. Puzzles 2 & 3 were pretty hard, but thanks to the Guide, I managed to pull it off.

Now to Wallace himself. Four of his Pokemon (Luvdisc, Whiscash, Sealeo, & Seaking) are Level 44, while his Milotic is Level 46. My team is between 6-8 Levels higher than him. i sent Sceptile out, Mega Evolving it. Sceptile beat (in order):
Luvdisc
Milotic
Whiscash
Sealeo
Seaking

All with OHKOs. He was easy, though given my condition (6-8 Levels higher, Mega Evolved), it was not too bad. I got access to Waterfall and elevated to Senior Forest Ranger.

Soon I will take on the League! In the next Log, we will do our classic "Gym Leaders In Review", this time for Hoenn.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #65-Gym Leaders In Review: Hoenn
126px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Roxanne.png
Gym Puzzle: 1
Trainers: 1
Gym Leader: 2
Total: 4
Review: Being the first Gym, there are not that many challenges in this Gym. There isn't a major issue until Roxanne, specifically her Nosepass, specifically the Rock Tomb. However, if you Pokemon match the levels and have elemental moves that are strong against Rock Types, it should not be too difficult.
136px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Brawly.png
Gym Puzzle: 2
Trainers: 2
Total: 6
Review: The major challenge here is the darkness of the Puzzle. The difficulty level of the Trainers are because of the darkness and the uncertainty. Brawly is not too difficult, if you don't let him set up. Otherwise, he is easy to clean up, similar to Roxanne.
317px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wattson.png
Gym Puzzle: 3
Total: 7
Review: The Gym Puzzle can be tough, due to the switches. The trainers are not too bad. Wattson is tough, especially if you do not have access to Fire Types, like Torchic or Combusken. However, a well trained Geodude or Graveler can OHKO his entire Team without too much issue. He is the first really challenging Gym.
304px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Flannery.png
Gym Leader: 3
Total: 8
Review: The Puzzle is tough, due to the fact that you have to go up and down through various Geysers. The trainers are not too bad, but the randomness of which trainers you come across can make them tough if you switch your team around. Flannery is no joke. She loves to set up Sunny Day, which reduces the effectiveness of Water Types. This is why it is important to go in with a mixed set of Pokemon, including Rock & Ground Types. Her toughest monster is her Torkoal, but if you don't mess around with Status Conditions, letting it set up, and just attack, it should go down pretty easily.
81px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Norman.png
Gym Puzzle: 2
Total: 7
Review: The Puzzle is not too tough, with the only major point of contention are the doors and remembering which way you went. The trainers are not too bad if you have a few solid Fighting Types. Norman is very difficult, even if you have Fighting Types, since his Slaking are bulky and can hit back hard with Retaliate and Chip Away. Add into the mix the ability to put Pokemon to sleep and you have a nasty fight. Hit hard and fast to take him out! Your best friend is Breloom with Effect Spore, which can Status back. Chesto Berries can help as well.
455px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Winona.png
Review: The Puzzle can be tough, due to being based on swinging doors. It is one of those "slow down and figure it out" puzzles. The trainers are not too tough, especially if you have Rock and Electric Types in your Roster. If you somehow have a Water Type with Ice Moves, they can help too. Winona is the first Gym Leader in Hoenn who has 4 Pokemon, though most of her team is not too bad, with the exception of her Altaria, which has Earthquake. Beat it down fast and you should be able to sweep her.
425px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Liza_&_Tate.png
Gym Leaders: 3
Review: The psychic pathways are fun to zip around on, but you can get confused easily. The trainers are not too bad, even though they have Psychic Types, especially due to the fact that you should have some Dark Types on your team, like Sharpedo, Sableye, or Mightyena. Tate & Liza are the only Double battle Gym Leaders, due to being twins. If you don't let them set up, it should be easy to sweep the two, since they can't really fight on their own.
442px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wallace.png
Review: The Puzzle is very difficult, often requiring a quick mind or a guide or both to solve. It is easier to beat the trainers first before taking on the Puzzles. Sturdy and strong Electric or Grass Types can take out the Trainers easily. Wallace has 5 Pokemon, and he was pretty easy to defeat due to me having a Mega Sceptile. Swift actions can take out his team in a flash.

As of this post, I have now done a Review of every Regional Gym set. Thank you for your support of the "Gym Leaders In Review" Logs!

In the next Log, we will be checking out New Mauville finally. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #66-Secrets Under Mauville
Mauville City.jpg
We traveled back to Mauville City, where we talked to Wattson, who asked us to travel to New Mauville, an attempt to build some expansion to Mauville itself. Before we went to do this, I made sure to have Magneton and Nosepass with me, since they can evolve into Magnezone and Probopass respectively.

I completed my quest by making sure there were no issues, meeting back with Wattson, who rewarded us with Thunderbolt. It is too bad we can't get a room in Mauville Hills, especially because we have beaten the Gyms.

Maybe we will when we beat the Champion. Otherwise, I would be disappointed. Mauville Hills is interesting, that's for sure.

In the next Log, we will be going for the Regi Trio, or maybe the Regi Quartet. Until the next time, we will see you!

I just put your team into a Team Builder. It's balanced, but you have a severe weakness to Fairy, with 3 Pokémon weak to it (4 if Sceptile goes Mega). Other than, it is pretty balanced.
The Hoenn league is luckily not Fairy heavy, so it should not be too big of an issue. Thanks for the review. It helps.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom