• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Heartgold Gift, Event, & Trade (G. E. T.) Challenge

Log #12-What To Do About Eevee?
Eeveelutions.jpg

I got my team up to Level 24 training in the grass on Route 37 outside Ecruteak City. This is important because once the Legendary Beasts come out and begin roaming, it will be hard to be training in grass. Once that was done, I headed back to Goldenrod to collect Eevee from Bill. Now, let's discuss the Plan for Eevee. We will break down the Eeveelutions and discuss the benefits and disadvantages for each.
Let's get started.

Sylveon: There was no Sylveon in Generation 4. Sylveon came into being in Generation 6.
Glaceon & Leafeon: Glaceon and Leafeon were first available in Generation 4. However, both of them had specific locations that would allow Eevee to evolve into those Eeveelutions. For Glaceon, it needed the Ice Rock, while Leafeon needed a Moss Rock. While they were both accessible in Sinnoh, that is not the case in Kanto or Johto, where they are not available at all.
Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon: All three were introduced in the Kanto games. They are easy to get in the game, being the result of the Thunder, Water, and Fire Stones. There are several locations that you can get them, which is a plus. The downside is that they are not obtainable in repeatable methods until much later in the game, at the point when you probably figured out which Eeveelution you wanted a long time ago. It is hard to have a dedicated Eevee for a long time.

This leaves two Eeveelutions. These are Espeon & Umbreon.
Espeon:
Espeon is a Psychic type. It is obtainable through max friendship during the day. There are many advantages to this monster. It is useful against Morty (my next fight), along with Chuck. In the Elite Four, it is good against Koga and Bruno. Espeon is invaluable against Team Rocket as well, since most of their Pokemon are Poison Types.
Umbreon: Umbreon is a Dark type. It is obtainable through max friendship during the night. There are several advantages to this monster, though not as much as Espeon. It is useful against Morty. In the Elite Four, it is good against Will and can counter much of Karen. It doesn't have as much of a playable factor against Team Rocket though.

Espeon seems to be my pick. However, friendship evolutions are difficult. Base Friendship is 70 for Eevee. To get it evolved, I have to get it to 220 or more. This is the Friendship markers:

Each level would get +5 friendship. Bill's Eevee is Level 5 with a Base Level of 70. I attached the Soothe Bell to Eevee, that would make any increases to friendship go up by 50%. Walking 128 Steps would give +1 for each 128 Steps. The Haircut Bros. are an easier way to accomplish the raises needed to get Espeon.

In the next log, after we get Espeon, we will go to the Burned Tower & Dance Theater. See you then!

Friendship is not that hard on this game, because as you said you already have access to the Haircut brothers. Will you try the Pokeathlon?

Friendship is not that hard on this game, because as you said you already have access to the Haircut brothers. Will you try the Pokeathlon?
I might. Don't know yet. Eevee will take a few days to get the right amount of happiness, but it can't be too hard. Not too worried about it. :D

Log #13-While I Am Working On Eevee...
Hey, so it's been a few days, and I am still working on Eevee. It's at Level 14, almost 15, so I have been doing a regimen the last few days:
1. Get Eevee a haircut.
2. Check with the Happiness Lady (who is in Goldenrod). Right now, Eevee "really trusts me".
3. Go on a run with Eevee to Azalea Town. Kurt is still working on a few of my Apricorns.
4. Run back to Goldenrod. If Buena's Password is on the radio, I get a point on my card.
5. Rinse & Repeat.

I have also gone to the Pokeathelon location, getting a jersey. Still on the fence about playing the games, but I might need to later for a few things. I don't really know yet. Wanted to update because of you guys who watch for my postings. Thank you so much for your patience.

Log #14-Finally Espeon
Yesterday Morning (5/14/2021), as I was doing my "Espeon Routine", apparently I got Eevee to evolve into Espeon with enough friendship. About time, considering I had the soothe bell and the haircuts going on.
196Espeon_OS_anime.png

I am still training it up (it is Level 20 right now), and soon it will be fully up with the rest of my team. Then, it will be time to take on the Dance Theater and Burned Tower, which will be the next log. See you soon! So happy for my Espeon!

Log #15-Ecruteak Dance Theater, Burned Tower, & Morty
I got Machop to Level 28 so it could evolve to Machoke and I could open up a space for Sudowoodo, switching them out. With the rest of my team at Level 25, I decided to go into the Dance Theater. There I took on the Team Rocket Grunt that was pestering the poor Kimono girl. Seemed a bit random to have a rocket grunt out there, but I was happy to help. In reward, I gathered Surf, then left for the Burned Tower.

Burned_Tower_EP181.png

In the Burned Tower, I battled Silver again, easily winning, then upon going downstairs, I came down the ladder to meet with Eusine, who was there to see Suicune. He had chased Suicune for 10 Years. I also met Morty, who was there with him.
pokemon-go-legendary-dogs-rotate_feature.jpg

The three Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) escaped, and now, they will be roaming around Johto. It is my intention to capture Entei and Raikou before I take on the Elite Four. Suicune won't be catchable until I am in the Kanto part of my quest. Eusine and Morty left the tower, and I left with them to take on the Gym. In Gen 4, the Gym has a walkway. Each battle won sent the lighted walkway back into darkness, forcing the challenger to figure out how to get through the Gym. Eventually, I got to Morty.

Morty.jpg

I opened with Flaaffy against Gastly. Flaaffy easily took it down. I was expecting one of the Haunters, but instead, he switched to Gengar. I switched to Sudowoodo, who had learned Faint Attack during the training. Faint Attack easily toppled Gengar without too much of a fight. Togetic and Espeon took out the two Haunters, granting me my 4th Badge. We are now halfway through Johto.

Where am I to go now? From Ecruteak,there are several directions to go:

If I were to go west, I would eventually find myself in Olivine City. If I were to continue west and across the sea, I would be in Cianwood.

If I were to go east, I would find myself in Mohogany Town. North of Mohogany Town is the Lake of Rage, home to the Red Gyrados.

My next plan before I decide either direction is to go south back to Union Cave. On Friday, Lapras appears in the cave, the deepest part. I am going to catch Lapras and replace Quagsire with it. Hopefully, I will run into the Beasts a few times before I get there. In the next log, we will hunt down Lapras. Until then, see you!

You do what you feel is right. It's your challenge after all.
As for the two that you have to catch for the tutorial, could count them since you have no choice in the matter.

Log #16-Hunting Down Lapras, Helping Miltank, & Opening Up Olivine City
Moving from Ecruteak, I traveled to Union Cave and attempted to head down to get Lapras. All was fine until I got down to a point where a boulder blocked my way to the final point where I could catch Lapras. With my plan thwarted right now, I decided to head to Olivine, healing a Miltank in the process.
581px-241Miltank_OS_anime.png

When I got to Olivine, Silver met me, calling me weak and Jasmine weak for helping to heal a sick Pokemon. If anyone is weak, it is Silver.
600px-131Lapras.png

I just recently discovered that Strength is available on Route 42, on the way to Mahogany Town, so I am going to get strength and then try again to get Lapras. Once I do that and train it up, we will return to Olivine and keep moving forward. Until then, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom