• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Heartgold Gift, Event, & Trade (G. E. T.) Challenge

Log #61-Red
I was unsure what level to get my team up to before this fight. Here is my current team:
Sudowoodo-Lv. 75
Ampharos-Lv.76
Typhlosion-Lv.76
Espeon-Lv.76
Gyarados-Lv.74
Togekiss-Lv.78

I was a bit exhausted from training up. The grinding is just plain dumb in HGSS. With my team ready to go, at least I thought, I went to find a quick way to go up to the top of the mountain.

Before I went up to the mountain, I went to the Move Deleter, deleting Eruption for Sunny Day. This was invaluable in this battle, since the battle with Red has constant hail, making Blizzard 100% accurate. Setting up the sun would cut it down back to 50%.

Red.jpg

Red opened with Pikachu, while I opened with Typhlosion and set up the sun. I ended up taking a Volt Tackle to the face. However, with the Sunny Day Boost, a Flamethrower took Pikachu down. That cleared out the major problem, as the Pokemon I had no answer for was Pikachu. Pikachu is Level 88! Once Pikachu was defeated, I brought Ampharos out against Blastoise. Eventually, my Ampharos beat Blastoise down using Discharge. Next came Snorlax. Togekiss kept using Aura Sphere, which slowly, steadily beat down the bulky beast. Espeon battled Venusaur, using Psychic for an OHKO. Next came Lapras, which took down my Ampharos. Sudowoodo managed to edge out Lapras using Rock Slide. Finally, I brought Gyarados against Charizard, who used Flare Blitz & 2 Air Slashes, dropping Charizards' health to a little under half. Just a simple Surf from Gyarados took out Charizard. I finally won! The credits rolled the second official time.

In the next Log, we will be going to get the Hoenn Starter and catch Kyogre! Down to the last one Folks! See you soon!

Log #62-Kanto, Hoenn, The Embedded Tower, & Kyogre
This is the end Folks! After beating Red, I went to Professor Oak to tell him the news, and he gave me a choice between Bulbasaur, Charmander, & Squirtle. I picked Bulbasaur (named it Bulbapedia). Then I went to Saffron to talk to Steven at Silph Co. He let me choose between Treecko, Torchic, & Mudkip. I chose Torchic (named it Pheonix). Then was the time to go after Kyogre. To start this quest, you have to meet with Mr. Pokemon, who will give you the Blue Orb.

Embedded_Tower_Rayquaza_HGSS.png

Once I got the Blue Orb, I figured out how to get to the Embedded Tower. It is near Cianwood City. Now, with the Blue Orb, I walked into the battle with Kyogre. I used Typhlosion to set up the sun, then changed to Ampharos to paralyze it and confuse it with Signal Beam. A few Dusk Balls later, and it was mine. I gave it the Blue Orb, then flew back to Pallet Town, where I told Professor Oak. (If I transferred my Groudon from SS to Heartgold, I could chase after Rayquaza, but I am not going to do so).

The Playthrough is done, and another adventure concludes. Thank you to all of you, who have supported us this time. It's time for our next adventure.

Where Are We Going Next? Unova. Our next Journey is in Unova. What will be the challenge this time? Tune into the next challenge to find out!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom