• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Moon Fairy Run

Unovia

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Welcome to Unovia's Moon Fairy Run! This is our 11th Run, and will be our 2nd Time in Alola! Thanks to @Greninjaman & @Funnylion for their support, along with the others who have liked the posts throughout this series!
Before we get started on this Run, let's post previous work to keep the views going!

240px-792Lunala.png
700Sylveon_XY_anime.png

Here are the Rules for this Run:
  1. I can only capture Fairy Types. The Following Fairy Types Are Available:
Popplio, Brionne, & Primarina
Cutiefly & Ribombee
Carbink
Eevee & Sylveon
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, & Wigglytuff
Morelull & Shiinotic
Comfey
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable
Klefki
Mimikyu
Snubbull & Granbull
The Tapus
Magearna

In addition, there is Cottonee & Whimsicott as well as Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, however, those are inaccessible for this playthrough, as they are only on Pokemon Sun.

Can I beat Moon using only Fairy Types? I have seen Hardcore Nuzlockes with ths type of thing, and they actually inspired me to do this Run. This WILL NOT be a Hardcore Nuzlocke (or even a Nuzlocke), but I know it's still going to be very difficult. The first post will be up soon, so please support this Run as all of you readers have with the others in the past!
Let's Go! Alola Bound!

Welcome to Unovia's Moon Fairy Run! This is our 11th Run, and will be our 2nd Time in Alola! Thanks to @Greninjaman & @Funnylion for their support, along with the others who have liked the posts throughout this series!
Before we get started on this Run, let's post previous work to keep the views going!

Here are the Rules for this Run:
  1. I can only capture Fairy Types. The Following Fairy Types Are Available:
Popplio, Brionne, & Primarina
Cutiefly & Ribombee
Carbink
Eevee & Sylveon
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, & Wigglytuff
Morelull & Shiinotic
Comfey
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable
Klefki
Mimikyu
Snubbull & Granbull
The Tapus
Magearna

In addition, there is Cottonee & Whimsicott as well as Alolan Vulpix & Ninetales, however, those are inaccessible for this playthrough, as they are only on Pokemon Sun.

Can I beat Moon using only Fairy Types? I have seen Hardcore Nuzlockes with ths type of thing, and they actually inspired me to do this Run. This WILL NOT be a Hardcore Nuzlocke (or even a Nuzlocke), but I know it's still going to be very difficult. The first post will be up soon, so please support this Run as all of you readers have with the others in the past!
Let's Go! Alola Bound!
According to a YouTuber that I watch, The combination of Water/Fairy that Primarina has is super effective against all the Kahunas. I don't recall about the Totems though...

According to a YouTuber that I watch, The combination of Water/Fairy that Primarina has is super effective against all the Kahunas. I don't recall about the Totems though...
Looking ahead (I try to do some planning just to see what I have access to in Runs like this), I think the toughest Totems will probably be Salazzle, Larantis, & Togedemaru.

Log #1-Welcome To Alola!
We get a video call from Kukui, who asks us our name and what our passport looks like. I give myself the name Luna (playing as the female), with blonde hair. Meanwhile, a girl named Lillie is on the run from a bunch of people in white clothes, which she manages to escape, with a passenger in tow. 3 months later, my mom and I have settled into our home in Alola. We meet Kukui in person, who introduces us to Iki Town, then asks us to find the Kahuna. On our quest to find them, we run into Lillie again, who has been driven by a creature in a duffel bag up the Mahalo Trail. We end up saving the creature from 3 Spearow with assistance from a flying Electric Pokemon, who we later find out is a guardian deity, Tap Koko. From Tapu Koko, we get a sparkling stone.

Once we get back to Iki Town, we meet the Kahuna, a large older man named Hala. Hala gives us our Starter, Popplio. We also meet an impatient kid named Hau, who challenges us to battle. He has a Litten, the Pokemon that is weak to our Popplio, which we easily defeat, though we are slower than Litten. Hala asks us to give the sparkling stone to him, promising to give it back to us soon. We head back home, resting.

The next day in game, Kukui meets with us, asking us to meet him on Route 1, where the Capture Tutorial takes place. After that, we go around in the nearby area, battling trainers. After we do that, we meet up with Hau at the Iki Town Festival, a festival to please the guardians of Alola. We we battle Hau, he has a Pichu (Level 6) and Litten (Level 7). We manage to edge out Hau with Popplio, then get our Z-ring, made from the sparkling stone we got earlier. Kukui and Hala, amazed at our battle, tasked us with taking on the Island Challenge, Alola's variation on the Gym Challenge seen in other Regions. Kukui takes us home.

The next day in game, we head with Lillie to Kukui's Lab, which we take on a few trainers along the way. Now at the Lab, Kukui gives us the Rotom Dex, and starts us on the Island Challenge journey. We get introduced to the Pokemon Center in Hau'oli City by Lillie, where we heal. Lillie takes us to the Trainer's School. In the next Log, we will be going to the Pokemon Trainer's School and exploring Hau'oli City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #2-Going To School
Heading into the Trainer's School, we are given the Experience Share, and Lillie promises to heal our Pokemon if they get hurt. We travel through the school, battling four trainers and gaining some experience. While we explore, we get our hands on the Quick Claw (slow Popplio needs it). After we defeat the trainers, we are asked to battle Teacher Emily, who was our first tough battle. While Magnemite (Level 8) was a bit of a challenge, the Alolan Meowth (Level 9) was a pushover due to Disarming Voice. Once we defeat her, we meet Captain Ilima, Captain of Verdant Cavern, who encourages me to take on his trial when we are ready.

491px-Sun_Moon_Team_Skull_Grunt.png

After graduating from school, we go with Lillie and Hau through the City, where we get a Lens Case & Makeup Bag as well as upgrading our Rotom Dex. I also took an opportunity to buy some Purple clothes and updating my look. The Rotom Dex pushes us to the marina, where we battle our first Team Skull grunts with help from Ilima. Ilima then asks us to battle him to test how prepared we are for his trial. In the next Log, we will do that, then head on Route 2. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #3-Route 2 & The Cemetery
Sun_Moon_Ilima.png
I tried to beat Ilima at Level 12, same as his Level, but even though I could get through his Yungoos (Level 10), I couldn't beat his Smeargle (Level 12), mainly because it had Leafage and Popplio is slow, so I soft reset and then left to train in the grass of the City. At Level 15, Popplio learned Aqua Jet. With that achievement, I took Ilima on again, this time being more successful.
491px-Sun_Moon_Team_Skull_Grunt.png
Once Ilima left, I headed to Route 2, past the cemetery and bypassing some of the trainers. I was drawn into the Berry fields, where I defeated a Team Skull Grunt. In the large grass back on Route 2, I caught a Cutiefly (Level 10), which I took a little bit to train up to Popplio (Level 16) in the grass of the City and the first grass of Route 2. I took on the trainers I had bypassed, with Popplio becoming a Brionne.

In the next Log, we will take on the "trial of Captain Ilima", Verdant Cavern. I think we will be over leveled for this trial, but we will see. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #4-Verdant Cavern (Trial #1)
240px-020Raticate-Alola.png
Verdant Cavern is the first trial in Alola. After Ilima told me the rules for the trials:
1. Once the trial starts, you can't leave, so be prepared.
2. You can't capture any Pokemon during the trial.

My Team, Brionne and Cutiefly, were both Level 17. The trial involved finding and defeating several Alolan Rattata and Raticate. During the trial, I collected a few items, including TM31 Brick Break, and took on a few of the Rattata. Two Team Skull grunts showed up, initially to mess up the trial, but they ended up helping me.

Eventually, I got to the end, where I faced down a much larger Raticate (Level 12), the Totem Pokemon. Since Brionne was now at Level 18, I sent out Cutiefly for the Totem Raticate. A few Draining Kisses ended the Raticate before it could set up, though it did manage to call for an allied Rattata. The Totem was taken out first, then the ally. Cutiefly was the winner!
Sun_Moon_Ilima.png
Ilima, impressed with my win, showed me how to use the Normalium Z I won, gave me a few Great Balls, healed me, then asked me to meet him outside the Trial site. Once I got out there, Kukui met with us, showed me how to use my Z-Moves, then stated a startling fact. Lillie was missing! He wasn't sure where she was, and asked me to go find her!

In the next Log, we will go on Route 3, Melemele Meadow, & Seaward Cave in an attempt to find Lillie and do some exploration before the Grand Trial with Hala. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #5-Route 3, Melemele Meadow, & Seaward Cave
93px-USUM_Lillie.png
On the quest to find Lillie, I traveled through Route 3, battling a few trainers along the way. This is also the first route where Flying types might go after you, so be warned! Eventually, I found my way to Melemele Meadow, where Lillie met me. This is where she was the whole time! She has lost her Pokemon companion, Nebby, and is asking me to find it.
240px-741Oricorio-Pom-Pom.png
Melemele Meadow is the first place where you can run into Orcorio, a Pokemon that has 4 Forms, changeable based on the nectar you can collect in groups of flowers.
93px-USUM_Lillie.png
Quickly, I caught up with Nebby, and Lillie caught up with me. After Nebby was safely put away, Lillie and I left. I was then drawn into a battle with Hau, who had Pikachu (Level 13) and Litten (Level 14). I opened with Brionne (Level 18), and pretty quickly defeated Hau. Once Hau was defeated, I went back to the Meadow, exploring the small area in the back, Seaward Cave, however, there wasn't much to experience here. With that settled, I continued on Route 3, working my way back to Iki Town. There were a few battles here, and Brionne got to Level 20 and Cutiefly got to Level 19.

In the next Log, we will be taking on Hala for the Melemele Island Grand Trial. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #6-Iki Town (Grand Trial #1)
Sun_Moon_Hala.png
Melemele Grand Trial #1
Once we felt ready and healed up, we battled Hala for the Melemele Grand Trial. He opened with Mankey (Level 14) and I opened with Cutiefly (Level 19). Cutiefly spammed Draining Kiss. Mankey was only able to hit once with Pursuit before it fell. Next for Hala was Makuhita (Level 14), which mainly focused on using Sand Attack, but thanks to Cutiefly having Shield Dust, Cutiefly wasn't affected by the stat drops. A few Draining Kisses, and Makuhita fell. Last for Hala was Crabrawler (Level 15). Cutiefly was still out, and I just did the Draining Kiss. I was surprised that Crabrawler didn't use the Z Move from the Fightinium Z, All Out Pummeling, right away. Instead, it was only using Leer, but it fell very easily with no contest, winning me the battle.

Hala gave me the Fightinium Z, showed the move to me, then, following a intervention with Tauros, gave me the Ride Pager, allowing me to Ride Tauros. I put the summon on the directional pad, then went back home, talking to Mom. I was encouraged to go the Marina next to go to the next Island, but we have a bit of business first. I want to go to Ten Carat Hill, and Ilima wants to battle us again.

In the next Log, we will be going to Ten Carat Hill, hoping to catch a Carbink. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #7-Ten Carat Hill
600px-128Tauros.png
Now with Tauros to break blocks, we found our way near Professor Kukui's Lab, where Ten Carat Hill was, guarded by a Trial Guide. I got in the cave, where I gathered a few items and spent a while working to find a Carbink (Level 13), which took a bit to capture, especially since it kept summoning Sableye. In benefit to me, Cutiefly used the Sableye to heal and Level up to Level 20, though eventually I needed to use Brionne to weaken Carbink enough to capture it. I will need to train up Carbink to Level 20 before I finish looking through Ten Carat Hill. There is a large block that I will have to come back and explore later.

In the next Log, we will be clearing up Melemele Island, ending with a rematch with Ilima. Until the next time, we will see you!

I don't see how you will lose to Hala. You have the type advantage.
I was surprised that Hala didn't use the Z-Move. It was funny that Ilima commented that I didn't use any Z-Moves. First time I have had that battle without the use of Z Moves on Hala's end I think, though I was 4 Levels higher than Crabrawler, and a bit faster.

Log #8-Battling Ilima
Sun_Moon_Ilima.png
I got Carbink to Level 18, then, because I was bored and wanted to move on, I headed to Ilima's house, where, after he took me to the battle field of the Trainers' school, we battled. I figured if I had to retreat and try again on another day, after I trained up. No harm, no foul, right?

I opened with Carbink (Level 18) and he opened with Gumshoos (Level 15), which, if I didn't know any better, seemed like a Totem. Carbink and Gumshoos exchanged hits, with Carbink coming out as the winner. Next for Ilima was Smeargle (Level 14). It almost took out Carbink with Leafage, but after I healed it up, Carbink battled back and won. Ilima gave me an Everstone back at his house, and I left.

I left Melemele Island behind, with Kukui, Lillie, and Hau. On the next Log, we will explore Heahea City, at least for a bit. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #9-Exploring Heahea City
600px-Spr_SM_Sina.png
Here we are! On the next island! So much new stuff to see and do! Once we disembarked, we were met by a woman named Olivia and a younger woman named Mallow. Mallow is one of the trial Captains, while Olivia is the Kahuna of the Island. After our conversation, I talked with Lillie about what we would do next, and she said she was going to the Tidesong Hotel waiting for somebody. I did some shopping, changing my outfit a bit, then moved on, running into two people, Dexio and Sina (Sina is the girl in this post). Sina asked me to battle her, and I used Carbink (Level 18) against her Delibird (Level 15) and Glaceon (Level 16). Delibird was easily beaten by a Smack Down and Glaceon also went down to a Smack Down. After Sina was defeated, she and Dexio gave me a Zygarde Cube.
240px-718Zygarde.png
Now begins the hunt for the Zygarde cells and cores. This is a major element of the Sun & Moon games. Before I continue on Akala, I decided to go back to Melemele to collect the ones I can get for now.

In the next Log, we will go and collect most of the Melemele Zygarde Cells and Cores before we move on to Akala. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #10-Zygarde Quest: Melemele
240px-718Zygarde.png
Because Pokemon Moon is 12 hours apart from Real World time, I had to collect the Night finds and the ones I could find all day around. I ended looking at around 11 cells, then moved on to Akala Island.

1667494091422.png

In the next Log, we will go on Route 4, also exploring Paniola's Town & Ranch. We will have 2 more captures there, those being Igglybuff and Eevee. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #11-Route 4, Paniola Town, & Paniola Ranch
On Route 4, I managed to capture both Igglybuff and Eevee, both Level 13. I focused on getting the affection up on Eevee until I got at least 2 Hearts of Affection. I trained it up a bit, and due to the fact that Eevee also had a Fairy Move (Baby Doll Eyes), it evolved to Sylveon! Woohoo! At Level 14!

700Sylveon_XY_anime.png

Going into Paniola Town, I was challenged by Hau. Not sure which one he would open with, I sent out Brionne (Level 22) against his Pikachu (Level 16), which was not a good choice. I managed to beat Pikachu, though I ended up having to heal. I managed to defeat Pikachu and Torracat (Level 17). Once I defeated Hau, we talked about the town. I also explored the area of Paniola Ranch. In an off road of the Ranch, I ran into Mallow, who gave me the Stoutland Ride Pager.

After this, I continued to train my Team up a bit. Sylveon reached Level 22, while Igglybuff got to Level 20. In the next Log, we will go through Route 5 and Brooklet Hill. Until the next time, we will see you soon!

Log #12-Route 5 & Brooklet Hill
97px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png
After I beat a few trainers as I traveled up Route 5, I ran into some Team Skull grunts and their enforcer, Gladion. He challenged me to battle. He opened with Zubat (Level 17) and I opened with Brionne (Level 22), since I didn't know what he would open with, and I changed to Carbink (Level 22). Two Smack Down took it. Next for Gladion was Type Null (Level 18), and I decided to use Cutiefly (Level 22), mostly using Draining Kiss. It didn't take too much, and Type Null was defeated. Gladion and the Team Skull Grunts left. I then traveled into the Brooklet Hill, where I captured a Morelull (Level 14). I took some time to train up Morelull to Level 22.

Because there are far more trials on Akala Island than Melemele Island, I am going to talk about what my Levels are going to be starting with this upcoming trial (Brooklet Hill).
My Team:
Brionne (Level 22)
Cutiefly (Level 22)
Carbink (Level 22)
Sylveon (Level 22)
Igglybuff (Level 20)
Morelull (Level 22)

My intention is to get my Team to Level 25, since the next Trial is Level 20, especially since that will allow me to be able to not have too much of a challenge here. Hopefully, Igglybuff will evolve soon so I can drop it in the box following its evolution, since it is the weakest member of the group. I want to get Cutiefly to Ribombee (Level 25) and Morelull to Shiinotic (Level 24). In the next Log, we will take on the Brooklet Hill Trial. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #13-Brooklet Hill (Trial #2)
240px-746Wishiwashi-School.png
Before I set myself to head to the trial, I evolved my Morelull to Shiinotic and Cutiefly to Ribombee. My entire team (except Igglybuff, who was Level 24) was Level 25. Lana had me chase some of the Wishiwashi groups on Lapras. During my Training for this Trial, I had beaten all of the Trainers here, so I didn't have to worry about that. I thought that the Trial would begin the moment I went into Brooklet Hill, but it didn't really start until I got to the most interior part of the area.

The area began to rain, which would naturally trigger Swift Swim. I wasn't too worried. I set Shiinotic as my main battler, with Ribombee as my backup. So, here I was, a light rain coming down, on top of Lapras, when suddenly a MASSIVE WISHIWASHI ATTACKED ME, properly starting the Trial. The Totem Wishiwashi (Level 20) summoned as its first ally Alomamola (Level 18). At first, I wanted to focus on the Totem, thinking I could get it to faint after a few Mega Drains. Unfortunately, the ally was the biggest problem, constantly using Heal Pulse, which would heal the Totem. Changing strategies, I took out the Alomamola, then went back to attacking the Totem. Luckily the Totem only wanted to use Soak and Water Gun, so I could heal stall.

The Totem was about half defeated when it summoned its next ally, a Wishiwashi (Level 18). Figuring that the ally was not as much of a threat, I returned to attacking the Totem, which eventually lost the massive Schooling Form. After a bit of effort, the Totem fell, leaving the ally to be swept up. Down to the last few Mega Drains, Shiinotic defeated the trial. That was tougher than I expected!
511px-Sun_Moon_Lana.png
Lana was impressed that I won. She gave me a fishing rod, 10 Dive Balls, and the Waterium Z. She also helped escort me back to the Pokemon Center on Route 5, also telling me about the next Trial, Kiawe's, which is at Wela Volcano Park. She also told me that I could use the Waterium Z to scare some naughty Sudowoodo that blocked the road to Route 6. Trial completed, I moved on.
240px-185Sudowoodo.png
Heading at the crossroads to Route 6, I scared off the naughty Sudowoodo, then gave Brionne the Waterium Z, being the first Z Crystal I gave to a Pokemon.

In the next Log, we will explore Route 6, then find our way back to Heahea City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom