• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke

Unovia

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hey Folks! Welcome to Unovia's Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke!

Here are the Rules of this Run:

1. First Encounter
2. Faints are Boxed, Except:
a. Gym Trainers
b. Wild Pokemon
3. Nickname All Pokemon
4. Pokemon collected from NPCs can be used
5. Dupes Clause
6. Same Number of Pokemon as the Gym Leader
7. The Nuzlocke does not begin until after Poke Balls are gotten

Can I Beat Hoenn?

1. Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

This is the new version, brought to you by Travelin' Dan, your favorite travelin' man!
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

2. Unovia's Pokemon Y "Beauty" Run

Hey Folks! If you don't know me, my name is Unovia, otherwise known as Travelin' Dan in the Pokemon of the Week (POTW) articles. I decided I would replay Pokemon Y, but in a similar style for a Nuzlocke, more of a "Modified" Nuzlocke. Here are the rules: 1. I can catch any Pokemon, any number...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

Unovia's Ultra Moon "Regional Variant" Run

Hey Folks! It's Unovia again, here with another Playthrough, this time of Pokemon Ultra Moon. If you have not seen my previous work, please check out the following: Pokemon of the Week: Pokemon of the Week (POTW) Here is my Previous Run, a...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

3. Unovia's Yellow Modified Professor Oak's Challenge

Hey Folks! This is Unovia, Author of Pokemon of the Week as well as Unovia's Pokemon Y "Beauty Run" (Completed) and Unovia's Ultra Moon "Regional Variant" Run. I am placing all links to my previous work here: Pokemon of the Week (POTW)...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

4. Unovia's Heartgold Gift, Event, & Trade (G. E. T.) Challenge

Welcome To Unovia's Heartgold Gift, Event, & Trade (G. E. T.) Challenge. This is the 4th Challenge I have done. Here is my previous work in case you want to keep the views up: Pokemon of the Week (POTW), my weekly column...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

5. Unovia's White 2 "Gym Leader Ace Pokemon" Challenge

Welcome To Unovia's next Challenge! What will we be doing this time? Before I get into that, let me state my previous work: Pokemon Of The Week Pokemon of the Week (POTW) Pokemon Y "Beauty" Run (Complete)...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

6. Unovia's Pokemon Diamond "Nostalgia Run"

Hey Folks! Welcome to Unovia's Pokemon Diamond "Nostalgia Run", so named to remind people what Sinnoh was like before the improvements in Platinum & before Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl come out! This is the 6th Gaming Run I have done. Here is my previous work: Pokemon of the Week...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

7. Unovia's Alpha Sapphire "Forest Ranger & Birch Run"

Welcome to Hoenn! Rules: This is a “Birch Challenge”, which is like an “Oak’s Challenge”, but will only involve the Hoenn Pokedex (as of Gen 6). I have to capture and evolve all Pokemon, but not necessarily before each Gym Leader. Dupes Clause Is In Effect In Gyms, I can only use the same...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

8. Unovia's Silver Playthrough

Hey Folks! Before I begin this playthrough, I would like to thank all of my fans for their views and appreciation. I am so glad to be back! I officially came back a couple days ago, but I was traveling home from my vacation, so I couldn't post anything. I am going to take the time to post some...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

9. Unovia's Pokemon Red "Origins" Run

Hey Folks! Welcome to Unovia's Pokemon Red "Origins" Run. In this challenge, we will be playing like Red from Pokemon Origins. Before we put down the rules, let's show my previous work in case you would like to check them out...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

10. Unovia's White "Manga Protagonist Black" Run

Hello, and welcome to Unovia's White "Manga Protagonist Black" Run! This is our 9th Gaming Challenge. I have been preparing for this Run since early last month (August), knowing I would get here at some point. As I played through Silver, I got a bit exhausted with Generation II (don't worry, we...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

11. Unovia's Moon Fairy Run

Welcome to Unovia's Moon Fairy Run! This is our 11th Run, and will be our 2nd Time in Alola! Thanks to @Greninjaman & @Funnylion for their support, along with the others who have liked the posts throughout this series! Before we get started on this Run, let's post previous work to keep the views...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

12. Unovia's Pokemon Crystal "Team Rocket" Run

Welcome to Unovia's Pokemon Crystal "Team Rocket Run! Before we lay down the Rules for this Run, let's post what I have done before: Pokemon of the Week (POTW)...
    forums.bulbagarden.net
    forums.bulbagarden.net

Log #1-Starting the Quest
480px-258Mudkip_ORAS.png
Welcome to Hoenn! I named myself Brendan, set my clock, then rescued Professor Birch. My Starter choice was Mudkip (Level 5). I have never used a Mudkip before, EVER, so I decided to use it as my Starter. I named it Swampy, then went to battle May, Professor Birch's daughter, who had a Treecko (Level 5). The battle wasn't too difficult, and when I got back to the Lab, she gave me 10 Poke Balls. On the way to battle May on Route 103, I got some Potions from a nice Poke Mart worker. Loaded with Pokeballs, a Pokedex, a Pokenav, and some Potions, I prepared to go into the wilderness of Hoenn. In the next Log, we will explore Routes 101, 103, & take a few steps into Route 102. Until the next time, we will see you!

I once watched a youtuber play an emerald Nuzlocke where his very first catch (a Zigzagoon) lived all the way from start to finish. Best part? He never left the party (as in, he was never boxed), meaning he saw every battle and every death.

What Might We Find: Routes 101, 103, & 102
Welcome to the Hoenn version of "What Might We Find". That's right! This show is back for Season 2! On this Episode of "What Might We Find", we look at the first 3 Routes of Hoenn, those being Routes 101, 103, & 102. With that out of the way, let's get started!

Route 101
Zigzagoon (40%)
Wurmple (40%)
Poochyena (20%)

Route 103
Zigzagoon (40%)
Poochyena (40%)
Wingull (20%)

Route 102
Zigzagoon (30%)
Wurmple (30%)
Poochyena (20%)
Other (20%)

In the next Log (Log #2), we will reveal our finds! Please stay tuned!

I once watched a youtuber play an emerald Nuzlocke where his very first catch (a Zigzagoon) lived all the way from start to finish. Best part? He never left the party (as in, he was never boxed), meaning he saw every battle and every death.
That means it would have been in the bottom of the party for most of the Playthrough. Very cool. :D

Log #2-Routes 101, 103, & 102
Route 101
Starting on Route 101, I got my first capture, a Zigzagoon I named Zigzag. I leveled it up a bit, going from Level 2 to Level 4. I got to train against several more Zigzagoon. Swampy was Level 7, so I kept it out of the fight for right now. I continued north, through Oldale Town, and onto Route 103.

Route 103 & Route 101
I looked around a bit, eventually finding a Wingull (Level 3) I named Glider. Heading back through Oldale after a little training, I ran into May on Route 101, who was doing effectively a catching tutorial, being about the Hidden Pokemon Mechanic. I allowed myself to catch the Poochyena she wanted me to sneak up on, which I named Rare Howl. Rare Howl has Fire Fang, which might come in handy later. I decided to train more. I also saw the entrance to Route 102.

Route 102
In Route 102, I bypassed a scientist who was sketching footprints, and went into the first patch of grass, where I caught a Wurmple (Level 2), that I named Branch. I left Route 102 for now. I think I will have my current Level cap be Level 7, both to match Swampy as well as find out what my Wurmple will become, either Silcoon, which becomes Beautifly, or Cascoon, which becomes Dustox

tumblr_lzoc2wKpaR1r7azfs.png

Let's Discuss: Beautifly & Dustox
Beautifly evolves from Silcoon at Level 10. It would get Absorb at Level 12, which would help with Roxanne. Should it get to Level 20, it would have Air Cutter, which might help against Brawly. Dustox evolves from Cascoon at Level 10. When Cascoon becomes a Dustox, it learns Gust. At Level 12, it learns Confusion, which would help against Brawly. It also gets Venoshock at Level 20 & Psybeam at Level 22. Either I get a Silcoon (and Beautifly) who will help early on or a Cascoon (and Dustox) which will help a bit later.

The Next Log
In the next Log, we will finish Route 102, then go onto Route 104 South. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 104 South
Welcome to "What Might We Find". In this Episode, we discuss the southern part of Route 104. It has much the same Pokemon as Routes 101, 102, & 103.

Route 104 South
Zigzagoon (40%)
Wurmple (40%)
Other (20%)

Sorry this isn't very interesting, since we won't see much difference between the last couple Routes and this one. I hope my "First Encounter" for this Route is one of the other ones. We will see. Stay Tuned! In the next Log (Log #3), we will reveal our capture.

Log #3-Route 102 & Route 104 South
Route 102
Now properly on Route 102, I battle a few Trainers on my way to Route 104. Before I got onto Route 102, I got my Wurmple to Silcoon, meaning I will soon have a Beautifly. I was a bit worried about some of the battles here.

Petalburg City
I did the tasks with Wally and his Ralts. There wasn't a lot to do here. I honestly feel bad for him, but I am hopeful for his journey.

Route 104 South
My capture on the Route was a Tailow I named Bluebird. After taking some time to catch it up to the rest of the Team, I planned to go into Petalburg Woods. In the next Log, we will go into Petalburg Woods. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Petalburg Woods
Welcome to this Episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we explore Petalburg Woods, which lies between the two sections of Route 104.

Petalburg Woods
Zigzagoon (30%)
Wurmple (30%)
Other (40%)

There are a lot of similar Pokemon to the other Routes previously. In the next Log (Log #4), we will reveal our capture. Until the next time, stay tuned!

Log #4-Petalburg Woods, Route 104 North, & Rustboro City
312px-Petalburg_Woods_ORAS.png
Petalburg Woods
In the woods, I captured a Skaloth I named Sleepy. I battled a few Trainers here, which was easy, since most of them were bug catchers. Skaloth is going to be helpful so I can do an upcoming trade in Rustboro City.

While in the forest, I battled a Team Aqua grunt, who had a Level 9 Poochyena. I was Level 8 at the time, but it wasn't too bad. I decided to continue training, getting my Silcoon to a Beautifly in the process. When my Team was Level 10-11, I continued out of the Forest.

Route 104 North
There were several battles on the Route, most of them on the bridge, including one that was a Double Battle. Once I defeated them all, I moved into Rustboro City.

Rustboro City
Once I got to Rustboro City, I met up with May, who discussed the Gym and the massiveness of the City. I collected Cut and traded Skaloth for Makuhita. I went back to Petalburg Woods, where I trained Makit to Level 11. Thinking ahead to the Gym, my Level Cap is Level 14. I will be training quite a bit. In the next Log, we will take on Roxanne for our first Gym Battle. Until the next time, we will see you!

Gym Analysis #1
126px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Roxanne.png
Welcome to Gym Analysis!
In this show, we will be discussing upcoming Gym Battles, looking at:
  • The Type of Pokemon used by the Gym Leader
  • The possible options for me, as the Trainer, to use, including the pros and cons of each option
In this first Episode, we are looking at the battle against Roxanne. Roxanne is a Rock Type Gym Leader. She will have 2 Pokemon, meaning that I will only be able to use 2 Pokemon against her. Let's look at my available options.

My Options:
1. Swampy the Mudkip
Mudkip is the obvious choice here, since it is Water Type. Mudkip will be showing up in this fight.
2. Branch the Beautifly
Beautifly is a Bug & Flying Type. Beautifly has access to Absorb, a Grass Type move. While it might be helpful to have access to a Grass Type moves, Beautifly is 4X weak to Rock.
3. Glider the Wingull
Wingull is a Water & Flying Type. Wingull has access to Water Gun, a Water Type move. Wingull is 2X weak to Rock, better than Beautifly, but its still very weak.
4. Makit the Makuhita
Makit the Makuhita was traded for Sleepy the Slakoth in Rustboro City. Makuhita is a Fighting Type. Makuhita has access to Arm Thrust (Level 7) and Force Palm (Level 13). While Makit would be very strong in this fight, it is a Traded Pokemon, who will only listen to me up to Level 20, so I have to be careful about using it for Gym Battles.

If I were to use Beautifly or Wingull, the odds that they would be defeated, thereby leading to my first deaths of the Run, is pretty high. While Mudkip is a certain battler here, the other one is less certain. By the battle time, we will make that choice.

Log #5-Rustboro Gym (Gym #1)
126px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Roxanne.png
Rustboro Gym
Before I went to the Gym, I went to try to use Makit, who was Level 13, during a Wild Training session, only to find out that it would not listen to me! I had to box Makit. This left me with Mudkip, Beautifly, & Wingull. I knew I was going to use Mudkip against Roxanne, but I had to figure out what the other one would be. I battled all of the Trainers in the Gym using Mudkip, Beautifly, & Wingull, all of which were Level 14.

Vs. Roxanne
Because I was not sure what my second Pokemon would be, I actually did this battle twice, first with Beautifly & Mudkip and second with Wingull & Mudkip. Beautifly did Absorb against her Geodude, but Geodude OHKOed with Rock Tomb. I soft reset, then came back with Wingull & Mudkip. Wingull took down Geodude, taking significant damage. I decided to keep Wingull in against Nosepass, which Nosepass easily defeated. Switching in to Mudkip, it easily defeated Nosepass, earning me my first badge!

1st Death: Glider the Wingull (Level 14)

Rustboro City

After I left the Gym, a Devon Researcher raced after a Team Aqua grunt, who have some Devon products. Before I chased after them, I decided to go train and catch my Pokemon up to Mudkip, who is Level 15. After we train, we will be chasing after Team Aqua. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 116
Welcome to this Episode of "What Might We Find". We will explore Route 116, which is north and east of Rustboro City. More specifically, it is between Rustboro City & Rusturf Tunnel.

Route 116
Zizzagoon (30%)
Whismur (30%)
Nincada (20%)
Other (20%)

In the next Log (Log #6), we will reveal our capture. Until then, stay tuned!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom