• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke

Log #19-Lavaridge Gym (Gym #4)
304px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Flannery.png
Lavaridge Gym
When I went into this fight, I came in with Marshtomp, Hariyama, & Camerupt. The use of the geysers was fun. Eventually, I got to Flannery. By the end of the trainers, my Marshtomp & Makit were Level 34, and so I set Camerupt as my opener.

Vs. Flannery
I opened with Camerupt against Slugma (Level 26). One Earth Power took it out. Next for Flannery was Numel (Level 26). Another Earth Power. Last for Flannery was Torkoal (Level 28). I thought Torkoal would be tough, but a single Earth Power took it out, winning the 4th Gym Badge.

I am about to make a decision once I meet May...whether to go back with her to Petalburg of go to the Desert of Hoenn. In the next Log, we will make that decision. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Hoenn Desert
Welcome to this episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we discuss the Hoenn Desert on Route 111. We have a few possibilities, and will actually include here the Fossils of Hoenn. Let's look at our options.

Route 111
Sandshrew (40%)
Trapinch (20%)
Cacnea (20%)
Baltoy (20%)

Hoenn Fossils
Anorith
Lileep

In our next Log (#20), we will discuss the desert capture & what Fossil we take. Until the next time, stay tuned!

Log #20-The Hoenn Desert
Route 111 Desert.jpg
Lavaridge Town
After I met with May, she congratulated me on my accomplishments, then gave me the Go-Goggles, meaning I could now go into the Hoenn Desert, which dominates Route 111 and splits it in two. I captured a Baltoy I named Clay top, did all of the battles, then went to my Main purpose for being here...the Hoenn Fossil. You can only get one, as the other one disappears permanently into the sand after you pick the one you want.
Root_and_Claw_Fossils_anime.png
Of the hoenn fossils, which one is your favorite? In fact, how would you rank all the Fossil Pokemon?

Fossil Discussion
Ok, so let's discuss the Hoenn Fossils first. Of these two, I like Anorith more than Lileep. Anorith is the Claw Fossil, while Lileep is the Root Fossil. Once I collected my Anorith, I hurried to Rustboro to revive it, getting an Anorith (Level 20) that I named Roman. When it is at Level 36, it will be an official member of my Team, replacing Crobat. Anorith evolves at Level 40.

Now, about the other Fossils:

Kanto has 3 Fossils. These are the Helix, Dome, and Old Amber. While I like the Old Amber most, I have to give the edge to the Helix Fossil of the two remaining, due to just looking cooler. So, it's:
Aerodactyl
Omastar
Kabutops

Sinnoh has the Skull Fossil & the Armor Fossil. I like the Skull Fossil more.
Rampardos
Shieldon

Unova has the Cover Fossil & the Plume Fossil. I like the Cover Fossil more.
Carracosta
Archeops

Kalos has the Jaw Fossil & the Sail Fossil. I like the Jaw Fossil more.
Tyrantrum
Aurorus

Galar has the first instance of "Mix & Match" Fossils. I have not played Galar, so I don't have a direct opinion, though I like that the Galarian Fossils did not have Rock as part of the Typing. I like Dracozolt & Arctozolt more due to the Electric Typing, but Dracovish & Arctovish are also really neat.
Dracozolt
Arctozolt
Dracovish
Actovish

In the next Log, we will take on Norman for our 5th Gym Badge. Until the next time, we will see you!

Gym Analysis #5
81px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Norman.png
Welcome to Gym Analysis!
In this show, we will be discussing upcoming Gym Battles, looking at:

• The Type of Pokemon used by the Gym Leader
  • The possible options for me, as the Trainer, to use, including the pros and cons of each option
In this fifth Episode, we are looking at the battle against Norman. Norman is a Normal Type Gym Leader. He will have 3 Pokemon, meaning that I will only be able to use 3 Pokemon against him. Let's look at my available options.

With Norman, it may be tricky. I only have 2 Fighting Types, the only Types that Normal Types are weak to. Those Fighting Types are Makit the Hariyama & Strongman the Machoke. My Level Cap is going to be Level 36. I am hopeful that I will be able to move quickly to topple Norman, especially since he has 2 Slaking, which can hit VERY HARD.

I suspect that I may lose one of the two to Norman due to a stray attack, but it is hard to say. Norman is consistently the toughest Gym Leader in Hoenn, so this will certainly be interesting.

if you have a pokemon that can learn Protect, it is extremely easy to just cheese the slaking; protect on the turns they attack and do something else on the other turns. I used Pelipper for this when i played my Omega Ruby nuzlocke.

if you have a pokemon that can learn Protect, it is extremely easy to just cheese the slaking; protect on the turns they attack and do something else on the other turns. I used Pelipper for this when i played my Omega Ruby nuzlocke.
I also used a Pelipper and did that during an Alpha Sapphire Water Mono Run.

Do you plan on evolving Machoke?
Can't. Don't have trade ability, and no other 3DS.
I also used a Pelipper and did that during an Alpha Sapphire Water Mono Run.
You will get to see what I do.

Log #21-Petalburg Gym (Gym #5)
81px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Norman.png
It took me a while to go from the Hoenn Desert to Petalburg, but I eventually reached the City. I reduced my Team to Machoke and Hariyama, with Anorith in there just to absorb experience. At this point, Anorith was Level 26, so it needed a bit more help.

Petalburg Gym
It didn't take me that long to beat all the Gym trainers. I would take one path through, reach the end, where my dad was, then go to the other way. Eventually, I found my way to Norman.

Vs. Norman
I opened with Machoke (Level 36) against his first Slaking (Level 28). It was an OHKO. Same for his Vigoroth (Level 28). With the second Slaking (Level 30), Machoke took a Chip Away, then beat down the Slaking, giving me the win. I can't believe I did this without losing Machoke or Hariyama. Hariyama got to Level 38, and over the course of all of this training, Anorith was Level 32.
89px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wally.png
After I got the badge, I was directed outside, where Wally's uncle gave me Surf, and then Wally brought me to Mauville City. Once we got to the Route 118 exit, Wally continued, while I made my decision. Instead of following Wally, I left Mauville, heading south to Slateport City. I gave Swampert Surf, then on the Route 109 Beach, I took a rest. Now that I got the 5th Badge, I no longer had Mr. Briney helping to travel. In the next Log, I will travel across the sea, exploring all of the previously opened areas. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #22-A Pirates' Life For Me!
462px-Hoenn_Route_109_ORAS.png

Before I started this Journey, I got my Main Team settled, getting the entire squad to Level 38. though Anorith was Level 32. I left Crobat in the Box.
Main Team
Swampert
Swellow
Hariyama
Cosplay Pikachu
Camerupt
Anorith

Route 109
From Route 109, I explored Route 108, Sea Mauville, & Route 107, battling across the way. Eventually, I arrived at Dewford Town, where I took a rest. Once I had rested at the Pokemon Center, I continued sailing, exploring Route 106 & Route 105, discovering a cave of some sort. Soon, I arrived at Route 104 & Petalburg Woods. I stopped this journey in Rustboro City, resting for a moment, then I continued exploring, going across to the other side of Route 115. By the end of all of the exploring, my Team was Level 42, though Anorith was Level 36. I found my way to Fallarbor Town, where I rested. In the next Log, we will begin heading through Eastern Hoenn. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 118
Welcome to this Episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we cover the first Route of Eastern Hoenn, Route 118. This Route links Western Hoenn & Eastern Hoenn together.

Route 118
Linoone (40%)
Electrike (40%)
Other (20%)

In the next Log (#23), we will reveal our capture. Stay Tuned!

Log #23-Southern Island & Route 118
800px-Eon_duo_anime.png
Before I traveled onto Eastern Hoenn, I ended up training using the trainers on Route 117, where my Team ended up being Level 44, with Anorith being Level 39. I then headed onto Route 118.

Route 118
I crossed onto Route 118, where I took on a few trainers. I eventually met up with Steven, who talked to me for a bit. Suddenly, Latios appeared, begging us to go to save Latias. We flew to Southern Island to do this.

Southern Island
Steven and I disembarked. As I explored the island, I discovered something was wrong. It turned out that Team Aqua was trying to capture Latias. I easily defeated them with Steven's help. It was funny being higher level than Steven, who was Level 35. Once I beat Team Aqua on the island, I acquired Latias, which I named Tobi. Steven gave me the Mea Bracelet, meaning I now have the power of Mega Evolution.

Routes 118 & 117
Steven and Latios take me back to Route 118, where I traveled back across the river. I continued to train back on Route 117, where my Team got to Level 45, and Anorith became Armaldo (Level 40). I then traveled back on Route 118, where I captured a Kecleon that I named Painting. I continued exploring to Route 119. In the next Log, we will explore Route 119 up to the Weather Institute. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 119
Welcome to this episode of "What Might We Find". We will discuss Route 119. This Route is home to the Weather Institute, where we will be picking up Castform. What will our other Pokemon be?

Route 119
Gloom (40%)
Linoone (40%)
Other (20%)

In the next Log (24), we will reveal our next capture. Stay Tuned!

Log #24-Routes 119, 123, & Weather Institute
Weather_Institute_ORAS.png
Routes 123 & 119
Before I took on Route 119, I took on Route 123. There wasn't much here right now, except for a few battles and a Berry Farm. I cleared out the battles, collected all of the berries, then went back to my exploration of Route 119. It is a rainy Route in the overworld. I captured a Gloom that I named Eric. On Route 119, there was the Mimic Circle, and a bunch of other trainers. By the end of this Route (up to the Weather Institute), I was Level 46-47, with Armaldo at Level 42. There was also a healing house some point on the Route, which allowed me to push on to the Hoenn Weather Institute.

Hoenn Weather Institute

I healed on a bed, then surveyed the area. I had seen a few Team Aqua members blocking a bridge, so it was clear that this was going to be a Team Aqua challenge. I took on all of the Team Aqua grunts and the Admin Shelly. At this point, my Team was Level 47, and Armaldo was Level 43. After I beat Team Aqua here, I was notified that Team Aqua was heading to Mt. Pyre. I collected a Castform that I named Sky, boxed it and got a few items. I decided to heal and rest here. In the next Log, we will continue Route 119, finding our way to Fortree City, explore it, then start checking out Route 120. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Might We Find: Route 120
Welcome to this episode of "What Might We Find". In this episode, we cover Route 120, the Route just east of Fortree City.

Route 120
Gloom (40%)
Linoone (40%)
Other (20%)

In the next Log (25), we will reveal our capture. Stay tuned!

Log #25-Continuing Route 119, Fortree City, & Route 120
272px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Aarune.png
Route 119
Continuing from Hoenn Weather Institute, I took on May, easily beating her, and she left after giving me Fly, though I can't use it until I beat Fortree Gym. I continued exploring, battling trainers until I got to Fortree City.

Fortree City

I did a few things here, trading Swirl the Spinda for Skitty. I also met with Aarune, who told me about the Guild. I also battled him, easily beating him. I saw Steven, who encouraged me to meet him on Route 120.

Route 120

On Route 120, I battled a few trainers on my quest to find Steven. I also captured an Absol I named Soothesayer. Eventually, I found Steven, who gave me the Swampertite and talked to me about the Kecleon which have been invisible barriers throughout the area, giving me the Devon Scope to see them. I defeated the Keckleon on the bridge, then Steven left. I headed back to Fortree City, clearing out the other Keckleon. I then settled in the Pokemon Center for now. In the next Log, we will take on Winona for the next Gym Badge. Until the next time, we will see you!

Gym Analysis #6
455px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Winona.png
Welcome to Gym Analysis!
In this show, we will be discussing upcoming Gym Battles, looking at:

• The Type of Pokemon used by the Gym Leader
  • The possible options for me, as the Trainer, to use, including the pros and cons of each option
In this sixth Episode, we are looking at the battle against Winona. Winona is a Flying Type Gym Leader. She will have 4 Pokemon, meaning that I will only be able to use 4 Pokemon against her. Let's look at my available options.

The Team I am going to run is going to be:
Pikachu as the Lead
Swampert, Camerupt, & Armaldo are going to be back up for this fight

My Level Cap is going to be Level 48.

Log #26-Fortree Gym (Gym #6)
455px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Winona.png
Fortree City Gym
With all of my Team at Level 48, except for my Armaldo, who was Level 44, I decided to battle using Armaldo against the trainers. This brought Armaldo to Level 46, still shy of the rest of my squad. I decided to go back to Routes 119 & 120 to train.

Route 119 & 120

I trained Armaldo up to Level 48. Once I was ready, I headed back to the Gym to take on Winona. The Gym puzzle was very tough with the swinging doors. Eventually, I got there, ready to face Winona.

Vs. Winona
I turned on the Experience Share again once again (I turned it off to properly train Armaldo), then set my Team to take on Winona. She opened with Swellow (Level 33), and I opened with Pikachu (Level 48). One Thunderbolt took it out. Next came Altaria (Level 35), and because I was worried, I switched to Swampert (Level 48). One single Rock Slide took it out. Next came Pelipper (Level 33), and I sent out Pikachu to fight again. After being blocked by Protect, Pikachu fired off another Thunderbolt, taking it out. Finally was Skarmory (Level 33), and I brought out Camerupt, since I didn't know if Skarmory would have Sturdy. Turns out it did not, and one Lava Plume took it out.

Now with 6 Badges, I got the rest of my Team. As I left to do some more training on Route 120, my entire squad got to Level 49. In the next Log, we will explore Route 121 on the way to Lilycove. Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom