• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Crystal "Team Rocket" Run

Log #57-Beating The Hero, Red
344px-Lets_Go_Pikachu_Eevee_Red.png
Before I set myself to this battle, I got Thunderbolt for Magneton at Goldenrod from Bill's dad, then went grinding, taking on the Elite Four a few times, I think 12, then spent some time riding the S. S. Aqua, then finalized everything at Mt. Silver. I used a guide to get through without Flash, seen here:

My Team was Level 70, and I had all of my Potions and Healing Items. Without those, this may well have been impossible. With all that said, let's take on Red!

Mt. Silver-Vs. Red, the Hero of Kanto
Pikachu (Level 81)
-I opened with Magneton against it, figuring I could counter much of Pikachu's attacks. It was honestly a back and forth struggle. At first, I thought that Tri Attack would be the best move against Pikachu, since it was the only move I had that would not be resisted. However, all that did was waste time and trigger the use of the Full Restores. He burned 2 before I switched tactics to using Thunderbolt against Pikachu, which finally took it out, and Magneton was pretty weak after being hit by a few Thunders and having stats lowered by Charm.

Espeon (Level 73)-I was not sure which of his Pokemon would be out next, so when I saw it would be Espeon, I knew Umbreon would be the best choice. Espeon couldn't really do anything, being resigned to the use of Swift. A few Shadow balls took it out.

Snorlax (Level 75)-If you read my analysis, you would see that I was most concerned about Snorlax, the slumbering behemoth. I sent out Slowbro, figuring the bulk would help, along with the strong attacks. It was a back and forth fight, with Slowbro focusing on Psychic and Surf, while Snorlax would use Amnesia and Body Slam. At a certain point, Red healed Snorlax with his final Full Restore. Snorlax eventually defeated Slowbro, but it was quite weak in doing so. I sent out Crobat to continue the fight. One or two Wing Attacks took Snorlax out. Red still had 3 Pokemon, and half of my Team was weakened. It was going to be a challenge.

Blastoise (Level 77)-The first of the 3 Kanto Starters, I sent out a weakened Magneton, since it would be the only monster I could effectively use against Blastoise. I healed Magneton with a Full Restore, taking a Surf in response. Magneton handled it well, and fired back a Thunderbolt, which was a one shot.

Venusaur (Level 77)-I sent out Houndoom, and its speed was enough to one shot Venusaur before it could set up Sunny Day.

Charizard (Level 77)-Red had Charizard as his final Pokemon. I sent out Feraligatr to take it out. Surprisingly, Charizard was fast, able to use Flamethrower, and even burning Feraligatr. Feraligatr used Hydro Pump, which was a one shot. With that, Red, the Hero of Kanto was defeated. The credits rolled, and we were done!

In the next Post, we will discuss all of the Teams we used for these Playthroughs, then make the announcement of the next Playthrough! Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Snorlax I will agree is very bulky (having a base HP stat of 160). Also, it has a base Special Defense Stat of 110, meaning Special Moves will do less damage than physical ones (has a Base defense Stat of 65).

Team Challenge Playthrough Teams
Because this is my last game before repeats, I have decided to discuss the various Teams I have had over these Challenges.

RunTeam
Y (Beauty)Venusaur (Mega), Raichu, Delphox, Sylveon, Aurorus, Swanna
2X Weakness: Water & Steel
3X Weakness: Ground & Rock
Total of Weaknesses: 4
Ultra Moon (Regional Variant)Dugtrio, Raichu, Marowak, Muk, Sandslash, Exeggutor
2X Weakness: Fire, Water, Fighting, Bug, Ghost, & Dark
5X Weakness: Ground
Total Weaknesses: 7
Yellow (Professor Oak)Pikachu, Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Tauros, Lapras, Aerodactyl
2X Weakness: Electric & Rock
3X Weakness: Fighting
Total Weaknesses: 3
HeartGold (Gift, Event, & Trade)Sudowoodo, Ampharos, Typhlosion, Espeon, Gyarados, Togekiss
2X Weakness: Water & Electric
3X Weakness: Ground & Rock
Total Weaknesses: 4
White 2 (Gym Leader Ace Pokemon)Emboar, Excadrill, Leavanny, Zebstrika, Haxorus, Swanna
2X Weakness: Fire, Water, Ice, Flying, & Rock
3X Weakness: Ground
Total Weaknesses: 6
Diamond (Nostalgia)Infernape, Luxray, Skunktank, Roserade, Gastrodon, Staraptor
2X Weakness: Ice, Flying, & Psychic
3X Weakness: Ground
Alpha Sapphire (Forest Ranger & Birch)Sceptile (Mega), Manectric (Mega), Camerupt (Mega), Sableye (Mega), Sharpedo (Mega), Altaria (Mega)
2X Weakness: Ice, Poison, Ground, & Bug
4X Weaknesses: Fairy
Total Weaknesses: 5
Silver (Protagonist-Jimmy)Donphan, Ampharos, Typhlosion, Beedrill, Gyarados, Crobat
2X Weakness: Water, Electric, Ice, Ground, & Psychic
4X Weakness: Rock
Red (Origins)Charizard, Jolteon, Snorlax, Scyther, Lapras, Dodrio
2X Weakness: Fighting
3X Weakness: Ice
4X Weakness: Electric & Rock
White (Manga Protagonist Black)Emboar, Galvantula, Simisage, Musharna, Carracosta, Braviary
2X Weakness: Fire, Electric, Ice, Ground, Flying, Bug, & Rock
Total Weaknesses: 7
Moon (Fairy)Primarina, Ribombee, Sylveon, Shiintonic, Mimikyu, Klefki
2X Weakness: Flying
3X Weakness: Fire
4X Weakness: Poison & Steel
Crystal (Team Rocket)Umbreon, Magneton, Houndoom, Slowbro, Feraligatr, Crobat
2X Weakness: Grass, Fighting, Ground, Bug, & Rock
3X Weakness: Electric

Where Are We Going Next? Well, with the request of my helpful friends @team_____grunt & @Greninjaman (along with the rest of my Team: @Braxtonbegaming & @Funnylion), we are going back to Unova to do another game (White or White 2), where I replace my Team each Gym.
Thank you for the suggestion! Until the next game, we will see you soon!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom