• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Crystal "Team Rocket" Run

Log #7-Route 32 & Union Cave
Now on Route 32, I captured an Ekans (Level 4), though I tried to farm for a higher level one. Then, I defeated the trainers on the route, finding a Pokemon Center outside of Union Cave. Heading into the Cave, I captured a Sandshrew, then left for a while, training both Pokemon up to Level 14 to match the rest of the Team. I then took on Union Cave, arriving on the other side after exploring both levels and beating all the trainers. I got out to Route 33, overlooking Azalea Town.

My Team:
Totodile
Rattata
Spinarak
Zubat
Ekans
Sandshrew

In the next Log, we will find our way to Azalea Town. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #8-Route 33 & Azalea Town
300px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Kurt.png
I headed through Route 33, eventually arriving at the entrance of Azalea Town. Unfortunately, I had managed to run into the Team Rocket plot, already in progress. I felt hurt that they didn't wait for me, and nobody met with me to give me the plan. Never mind the fact that I had turned New Bark Town, Cherrygrove City, & Violet City over to Team Rocket!

Exploring Azalea Town, I met this old coot named Kurt who insists on making Poke balls out of Apricorns. I healed up my Team, getting ready to check out Slowpoke Well. In the next Log, we will go into Slowpoke Well and check in with the other members of Team Rocket. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #9-Meeting My Coworkers At Slowpoke Well
079Slowpoke_OS_anime_2.png
That old coot Kurt had chased one of the Team Rocket grunts back into the well. I headed into the well, finding a full scale operation in progress. Unfortunately, even though I tried to tell them that I was a member of the Team and flashed my badge, they decided to fight me instead after calling me an imposter. I had to fight them, eventually beating my coworkers. As the grunt who was in charge of the operation cowered before me, I told her that I was a member of Team Rocket (again), and that I would be taking over ownership of the well. Instead, they left, leaving me alone. While I was in the well, I captured a Slowpoke when they came to reoccupy the well.

In the next Log, we will take on the Azalea Gym, which, should we defeat it, will give us ownership of Azalea Town (if that old coot Kurt doesn't put up a challenge to me, of course). Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #10-Taking Over Azalea Town (Gym #2)
Bugsy.png
Azalea Gym
With my Pokemon all at Level 15, I decided to take on Bugsy. Totodile took out the Trainers, then I decided to have Sandshrew start the battle by taking on Metapod (Level 14) and Kakuna (Level 14, beating them both. Then, down to his last Pokemon, he sent out Scyther (Level 16). Scyther was very difficult, taking out Sandshrew & Rattata before falling to Zubat after a tough fight. Having defeated Bugsy, there was no opposition to my takeover of Azalea remaining!

Heading to Ilex Forest, I took on Twerp for another battle. He was not too difficult, though his Starter had evolved into a Bayleef, while I have not yet evolved my Totodile. After I defeated him, he left, and I decided to venture a bit into Ilex Forest, capturing an Oddish (Level 7) and a Venonat (Level 5). I am planning to get my Pokemon up to Level 22 before I continue on.

Pokemon I Will Be Training:
Totodile-->Croconaw
Sandshrew
Rattata-->Raticate (Level 20)
Ekans-->Arbok (Level 22)
Zubat-->Golbat (Level 22)
Venonat
Oddish-->Gloom
(Level 21)
Spinarak-->Ariados (Level 22)
Slowpoke

In the next Log, we will be going through Ilex Forest & Route 34. Once I am ready to take on this next Log, my Team should be:

1670724030035.png

Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #11-Ilex Forest & Route 34
240px-083Farfetch'd.png
It took me a while to train, and I didn't want this Training to take FOREVER, so I continued on through Ilex Forest, where I ran into this loser who couldn't control his master's Farfetch'd. I found it, then got Cut as a reward. Two of my Members got Cut (Gloom & Sandshrew). I continued onto Route 34, where I battled the trainers. I was able to collect a Ditto and a Drowzee. I then reduced my Team to:
Spinarak (Level 20)
Zubat (Level 20)
Ekans (Level 20)

Once I stole a bike, I collected an Egg. Who knows what will hatch from it? Only time will tell. In the next Log, we will discuss what is known as the Odd Egg. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #12-The Odd Egg
Let's discuss the Odd Egg. In this Log, I will discuss the options, looking at which ones work the best and why.

Best ChoicesElekid, Magby, & PichuElekid:
There are very few Electric Types that are accessible in the game (Electabuzz, Electrode, Magneton, Pikachu). Ampharos is not available in Crystal, sadly. Having an Electabuzz would help the Team dramatically.
Magby:
There are very few Fire Types available, with most of them only available in Kanto (Seriously Johto?!). Having a Magmar would help the Team dramatically.
Pichu:
As with Elekid, there are very few Electric Types available. What Team Rocket Member wouldn't like a Pikachu on their Team?
Middle ChoicesTyrogue & SmoochumTyrogue & Smoochum:
One would give access to Fighting Types, while Smoochum would give access to Ice Types. They would not be good for Team Rocket though.
Worst ChoicesCleffa & IgglybuffCleffa & Igglybuff:
Two Normal Types wouldn't advance me very much.

What is going to be the end result of the Odd Egg? We will find out soon! Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #13-And The Egg Is Pichu!
240px-172Pichu.png
When the Odd Egg hatched, it hatched into Pichu! According to my Last Log (Log #12), Pichu was listed as one of the Best Choices. It hatched at Level 5, and as of this writing, it is Level 23. Yet, it has not evolved yet. I think it will still take some time to evolve. It's going to be in my Team for a bit.

While I worked to hatch Pichu, I battled a few Trainers in the Underground of Goldenrod. They could have easily been recruited to Team Rocket. After all, they were running activities in the area below Goldenrod. Hopefully, they will find their way to the organization.

In the next Log, we will go through Route 35, the National Park, & a little piece of Route 36. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #14-Route 35 & the National Park
While I was in Goldenrod, I stole a Machop from a Trainer who wanted an Abra. I also managed to train Machop up to the rest of my Team. Golbat also became a Crobat, surprisingly. Sandshrew also became a Sandslash. This is my Current Team:

1671656924990.png

My Team was able to sweep through the trainers in the National Park and through Routes 35 and a small piece of Route 36. Just what is that tree? It is blocking any more progress! Must be a rare Pokemon. Team Rocket needs to get its hands on it! For now, we can't do anything, though a girl who works in the petal shop headed off to get a Squirt Bottle to see if they can impact the tree. I was also stopped by a gate guard to give his friend, who is on Route 31, a message. I am heading off to do that. I am also going to train up my Drowzee a bit, to get it to match up to the rest of the Team. In the next Log, we will be facing down Whitney for control of Goldenrod City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #15-Taking Over Goldenrod City (Gym #3)
Whitney.jpg
With my Team ready to go and not being able to advance beyond Goldenrod, I decided to take on the next Gym. Taking over Goldenrod City, the largest city in Johto, would be a HUGE victory for me. However, I saw a coworker already there at the Radio Tower, signaling that Team Rocket is working to set the stage to a full stage takeover. Hopefully, it would be a better takeover than Azalea Well was. I gathered the Radio Card, then headed back to the Gym.

Goldenrod Gym
The Goldenrod Gym was full of Normal Types. Thank goodness I had Machop in my squad! Croconaw & Pichu took on the Trainers, then it came time to take on Whitney. She started with Clefairy (Level 18), and I countered with Pichu. Pichu was able to beat down Clefairy without too much of an issue. I kept Pichu out against Miltank (Level 20), then rapidly changed to Machop. It was a back and forth battle, and in the end, Machop defeated Miltank, winning me the 3rd Gym!

Leaving the Gym, I finished Leveling up Pichu, and it surprised me by evolving to a Pikachu!

In the next Log, we will take on the tree blocking the road! Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #16-The Odd Tree, Sudowoodo
600px-185Sudowoodo.png
Having beaten Goldenrod Gym, I now had Goldenrod City in my control. Not being able to move on, I went to check out the Odd Tree. Once I watered it, I found it to be Sudowoodo (Level 20). I used Venonat to Poison & Confuse it, only needing one Great Ball to capture it! It's going to be set for the Boss! Continuing northward, I ran into the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center, where I met this guy named Bill, who told me about time capsules, then headed back to Goldenrod. I collected an Eevee (Level 20). I intend to train it for use.

In the next Log, we will discuss Eevee. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #17-Espeon or Umbreon
320px-Umbreon_and_Espeon_PMDGTI_Animated_Trailer.png
As a Team Rocket Member, there are only 2 Eeveelutions that could be used. These are Espeon & Umbreon. I am leaning toward Umbreon, though neither one will be easy to get, due to being Friendship Evolutions. Umbreon is a more fitting member for Team Rocket than Espeon is. It will take a bit to train up. Espeon is during the day, while Umbreon is at night. It didn't take me too long to get Pichu to Pikachu, so I am not worried. Regardless, I want to get it there before I try to take on Ecruteak Gym, since both are good against Ghost Types.

My Current Team:
1671742080927.png

In the next Log, we will go to the Ecruteak Dance Theater. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #18-Dance Theater & Burned Tower
Kimono_sisters.png
First was Ecruteak Dance Theater, home to the Kimono Girls. These beautiful dancers all have Eeveelutions. It took a bit to beat them down. It was super important that I defeat them first so that there was no opposition to my takeover after I beat Morty. I did not hesitate to leave and heal as needed, eventually winning, getting Surf as my reward from one of the patrons.
Burned_Tower_EP181.png
Next came the Burned Tower. I ran into a guy named Eusine, who wanted to meet Suicune. I changed my Team to:

1671910745514.png

It was with this Team that I took on Twerp, who only took down Pikachu before it was revived. Twerp turned away, and in my moment of victory, I fell through the floor to the lower level, where I ran into some statues and caught a Koffing. As I went up to check out the statues, they came alive, and I found myself face to face with 3 Legendaries, who ran in different directions. I later found out that they were the Legendary Beasts of Johto (Entei, Suicune, and Raikou). Before I go to battle Morty, my entire squad is going to be Level 28. I am also spending some time doing the necessary haircuts to get the happiness up.

In the next Log, we will take on Morty for control of Ecruteak City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Log #19-Taking Over Ecruteak City (Gym #4)
Morty.jpg
Ecruteak Gym
Going into this Gym, I came in with this Team:
1672245836490.png

I am still working to get Umbreon (it is much harder to get than I expected, but I will eventually get there, it just requires me to be in Goldenrod for a bit).

Regardless, I felt it was a good time to take on Morty. I had Eevee as my lead (for the Happiness boost), then switched out. I mainly did the switch process for Eevee --> Croconaw for the Trainers. I don't really like the shadow floor (the Gen 4 version was much easier to deal with). When I got to Morty, I opened with Eevee (Level 28), then switched to Venonat (Level 28). It was odd that Morty would have his Gastly, and both Haunters use Curse to try to mess me up, though he would give up half of his HP to do it. Venonat was able to take out Gastly and the first Haunter before Gengar would take it out. I switched to Slowpoke, who managed to defeat Gengar and the second Haunter. Half way through Johto!

Having defeated Morty, I have control of Ecruteak City. Now, however, I have a bit of exploration I can do. Heading west, I can go on Routes 38 & 39, while heading east, I can go on Route 42. There are 2 limitations on Route 42. There is Mt. Mortar & there are several sections of water that requires Surf.

Yes, I know I have the HM for Surf, but I don't think I am ready to give Surf to anyone yet. In the next Log, we will go onto Routes 38 & 39. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #20-Routes 38 & 39
581px-241Miltank_OS_anime.png
On Routes 38 & 39, I battled a few Trainers on the way to Olivine, though I have not gone into the city itself. I will not be doing that for a bit. On Route 38, I ran into a farmer who had a sick Miltank. I managed to have 12 Berries, and I only needed to give 7 to it. As a reward, I got a Moomoo Milk. While I was exploring, I captured a Magnemite & Meowth. I am taking a step back to Level up both of them, while still working on Umbreon.

I will be working to get my Team to Level 31 before I move on and consider what I want to do. The Pokemon I will be evolving during this time is:
Eevee --> Umbreon
Meowth --> Persian
Magnemite --> Magneton
Venonat --> Venomoth

I Plan To Have This As My Next Team:
Croconaw
Crobat
Slowpoke / Koffing
Magneton
Machoke
Umbreon

In the next Log, I will be going to Olivine City & Mahogany Town. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #21-Olivine City & Mahogany Town
Happy New Year to everyone!

I got my Team to Level 30 (though Eevee has not yet evolved, so I have it at Level 29, working on the Happiness). Croconaw evolved to Feraligatr, Magnemite to Megneton, Meowth to Persian, and Venonat to Venomoth (Level 31). Both Persian and Venomoth were boxed. I taught Feraligatr Surf, though once Slowpoke evolves, I will also give it Surf. When I got to Olivine, I ran into Twerp, who told me that the Gym Leader was not there, helping a sick Pokemon. I also caught a Krabby, stealing a Voltorb. I then trained it up, getting it to Electrode. I also traveled to Mahogany Town, where I heard about a Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. In the next Log, we will go back to the Lighthouse of Olivine City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom