• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Diamond "Nostalgia Run"

You know, I never understood the physics of the Lake Valor Blast. If it was felt by the player, Barry, and Rowan ALL the way in Canalave City, how is the area around the lake not a gaping hole? Veilstone should have been destroyed by the blast (or at least the shock wave).

Last edited:
You know, I never understood the physics of the Lake Valor Blast. If it was felt by the player, Barry, and the Rowan ALL the way in Canalave City, how is the area around the lake not a gaping hole? Veilstone should have been destroyed by the blast (or at least the shock wave).
Yeah, and considering that the Galactic Bomb created a dry lake bed, wouldn't you basically be dealing with essentially nuclear fallout of sorts?

Log #48-Routes 216, 217, & Lake Acuity
This is the first Log in which I could not use my Main Team due to the required use of HMs, so I got most of my HM Squad up to Level 38.
HM Squad:
Kricketune-Level 35
Bibarel-Level 38
Drifblim-Level 33
Rampardos-Level 38
Floatzel-Level 38
Graveler-Level 38

800px-Sinnoh_Route_216_DP.png
80px-Sinnoh_Route_217_DP.png

After I got through Mt. Coronet, I got to Route 216, which is covered in snow. Eventually, I was slowed to a crawl, with the bike unable to be used, and then suddenly the weather turned into a blizzard. Slowly, carefully, I got to the nearby house, where I could heal. I was not afraid to go back to the house to heal as much as I needed. I was exceptionally careful, saving after each battle. When I managed to get to Route 217, I stumbled around, eventually finding a house that had HM 08 (Rock Climb) near it. This was a REQUIRED pick up, otherwise I would be unable to continue. I talked to the hiker inside, who let me keep it. Where had he found it?

Soon, I got to Acuity Lakefront, where two Galactic Grunts blocked the entrance. Wanting to move to the next settlement (Snowpoint City), I moved east, eventually arriving there, finding the Pokemon Center and healing up. At least I am safe now!

In the next Log, we will be taking on Candice, leader of Snowpoint Gym. Time to swap out teams for a bit. I am not sure what my team should be for the final fight. I have Infernape, Skuntank, and Staraptor for sure, and I think I will also have Roserade, since it also has Poison type moves, like Toxic. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #49-Candice (Gym #7)
Here we go. The 7th Gym. This was my team before coming in:
Caesar (Infernape)-Level 41
Sphinx (Luxray)-Level 41
Josephine (Skuntank)-Level 41)
Roosevelt (Roserade)-Level 41
Bubblegum (Gastrodon)-Level 41
Valkyrie (Staraptor)-Level 41

Gym Puzzle: This is the toughest Gym Puzzle so far. After I beat the trainers, I used this video to get me through it:

ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PUZZLE!

Gym Trainers: They are a mixed group. Most have Ice types, but there are also a lot of Water, Poison, and Steel types. This mixed bag, combined with the puzzle, made for a tough challenge to know what trainer I would run into. Overall, they were not too tough.

320px-Candice_anime.png
Gym Leader: I rearranged my team after beating all of the trainers down to Caesar (Level 42), Josephine (Level 42), Roosevelt (Level 41), and Valkyrie (Level 41), putting Valkyrie first.

Candice opened with Snover (Level 38), which triggered Snow Warning, which would last throughout the battle and do chip damage. Valkyrie struck with Aerial Ace, leading to an OHKO. Candice brought out Sneasel (Level 38), and I stayed with Valkyrie, who used Close Combat, leading to a second OHKO.

Candice sent out Abomasnow (Level 42), and I stayed in with Valkyrie, which used Aerial Ace. That took Abomasnow down to about half. Abomasnow used Woodhammer, causing some damage to Valkyrie. Valkyrie then used another Aerial Ace, taking out Abomasnow. Between all of the Snow Warning damage and Wood Hammer, Valkyrie was pretty low.

Nevertheless, I believed in Valkyrie, and I kept it in against Medicham (Level 40). One single Aerial Ace ended Medicham before it could set up and end the battle.

7th Badge down! Just one more to go!

In the next Log, we will head to Lake Acuity, and see what happened with Barry. I hope he was able to hold his own...
Until next time, we will see you and find out!

Log #50-Saving Barry
After I beat the Gym, I left for Acuity Lakefront.

123px-Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Barry.png
Going into the Lake area, I see Barry and Jupiter. Seems that he was defeated by her. Rowan thought he was the stronger one?! After Jupiter left for the Veilstone HQ, Barry and I talked. He was a bit of a sad mess, depressed that he could not save Uxie.

You may get your revenge soon Barry!

Goes to show, I had to save both of the others. First, I saved Dawn, and now I saved Barry. Seems like I am the strongest after all.

In the next Log, we will do some Rock Climbing. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #51-Rock Climbing
Now that I have gotten my 7th Gym Badge and rescued Barry, it is time to go around and use Rock Climb. First, I changed out my team for my HM Squad, then flew to Canalave City, deleting Rock Smash on Graveler for Rock Climb. Then, I started climbing.

I went to Route 208, Hotel Grand Lake, Route 213, Route 210, Route 216, and Veilstone City. There were a lot of items to collect. Eventually, after I had done all of those climbs, I decided to get ready to take on the Team Galactic Headquarters as well as the Team Galactic Warehouse. I am going to get my Main Team for that...

In the next Log, we will begin the final take down of Team Galactic, which will take a few Logs (Logs #52-#57) to complete. Until then, we will see you!

Do you plan on catching Dialga?
Yeah. The tricky part is going to be beating Team Galactic and Cyrus using my HM Squad, since I can't bring my regular team to that fight due to the need for HMs for Mount Coronet. Planning to train up both my Main Team and HM Squad to Level 50 before I go take that on.

Dialga, by comparison, will be easier. Not using the Master Ball for it.

Yeah. The tricky part is going to be beating Team Galactic and Cyrus using my HM Squad, since I can't bring my regular team to that fight due to the need for HMs for Mount Coronet. Planning to train up both my Main Team and HM Squad to Level 50 before I go take that on.

Dialga, by comparison, will be easier. Not using the Master Ball for it.
What do you have for your HM squad, again?

Log #52-Galactic HQ & Warehouse (Galactic Saga #1)
This is the beginning of the Team Galactic Takedown, known as the "Galactic Saga".

188px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png
With my Main Team, I rode up to the Team Galactic Veilstone HQ, the tall building in Veilstone City. As I came up to the doors, I ran into a Team Galactic grunt, who, scared, dropped a key, known as the Storage Key.

After that, I left there, going to the Galactic Warehouse. The Galactic Warehouse was filled with grunts. I beat all of them, eventually gaining the Galactic Key. The Galactic Key would open up the secret passageways of the Galactic HQ.

Now in the Galactic HQ, I continued battling grunts, training my team up.
235px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.png
Eventually, I made it to the Boss' office, who turned out to be Cyrus. After he talked to me for a bit, he engaged me in battle, opening with Murkrow (Level 40) against Josephine (Level 42). It took a bit of an exchange (Cyrus liked to heal), but Josephine eventually took out Murkrow.

He sent out Golbat (Level 40), and I stuck with Josephine, figuring that any way to stall out the Poison attacks would help. It was a bit of a long exchange, but eventually, Josephine won out, though Golbat almost beat her.

With a very weak Josephine, I prepared to battle his last Pokemon, Sneasel (Level 43). I thought I could just OHKO with Flamethrower. It didn't happen. Even though I hit Sneasel with Flamethrower, Cyrus healed it, then Sneasel took out Josephine with Ice Punch.

I sent out Roosevelt (Level 42), hoping I could act quickly. Luckily, Roosevelt did move faster than Sneasel, allowing for an OHKO.

Cyrus was defeated this time. He gave me the Master Ball, told me he was going to Mount Coronet, then warp paneled out.

In the next Log, we will finish rescuing the Lake Guardians. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #53-Rescuing the Guardians (Galactic Saga #2)
184px-Diamond_Pearl_Saturn.png
With Cyrus defeated, I continued searching for the Guardians, knowing that they were being stored somewhere. After some time, I found Commander Saturn, who challenged me to battle. He opened with Kadabra (Level 38), and I opened with Josephine (Level 42). I had taken a minute to heal at the beds after beating Cyrus, since I knew this battle would be challenging. Kadabra was faster, hitting with a Shock Wave, but Josephine struck back with Night Slash, leading to an OHKO.

I switched to Roosevelt (Level 42) to battle Bronzor (Level 38). Strangely, all Bronzor did was hit Roosevelt with Shadow Ball. Each time Shadow Ball hit, Roosevelt kept losing Special Defense. I changed out to Bubblegum (Level 42), who took out Bronzor with Surf.

I kept Bubblegum in against Toxicroak (Level 40). Bubblegum hit twice with Mud Bomb, and all Toxicroak did was use Swagger. With Saturn defeated, he left, allowing me to free the Lake Guardians.

I departed from Team Galactic HQ. In the next Log, we will follow Team Galactic and scale Mount Coronet. It will take a bit to train up, since I am training both my Main Team and HM Squad up to Level 50 before I move forward. The best place for me to train is actually in the snowy area near Snowpoint City, so that is what I will be doing for a bit.

Until we scale Mount Coronet (Log #54), we will see you!

Status Update On The Next Logs
Today is Day 10 of my Training. My Main Team is at the desired Level (Level 50). My HM Squad is about 1/3 of the way done. I wanted to post an update, since I figured you guys would like to know my current status.

Main Team
Infernape
Luxray
Skuntank
Roserade
Gastrodon
Staraptor
HM Squad
Rampardos
Graveler
Floatzel
Bibarel
Kricketune
Drifblim

Once I am done, I will be posting the following Logs:
Log #54-Mount Coronet (Galactic Saga #3)
Log #55-Spear Pillar (Galactic Saga #4)
Log #56-Ending Team Galactic (Galactic Saga #5)
Log #57-Time Master Dialga (Galactic Saga #6)

These are likely to be posted on the same day (whenever that is...hopefully not too long. Lol.) I think I just need a few more days and they will be ready (I think by some point in the next week). Thank you so much for your patience so far.

Best Regards,
Unovia

Log #54-Mount Coronet (Galactic Saga #3)
WE FINALLY GOT HERE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE! I WAS EXHAUSTED TRYING TO GET TO THIS POINT!
With that said, let's get started!

Mt. Coronet.jpg
The HM Squad:
Rampardos-Level 50
Graveler-Level 50
Floatzel-Level 50
Bibarel-Level 50
Kricketune-Level 50
Drifblim-Level 48

It took me a bit to figure out the location where I could go into. I first tried at Celestic Town. When that failed, I flew to Hearthome City, finding the proper entrance outside of Hearthome City.

188px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png
While I was climbing through Mount Coronet, I discovered that there were 12 Team Galactic Grunts to battle (including the two at Spear Pillar), which I mainly beat down with Drifblim, getting it to Level 50 in the process. I was worried my Levels would not be high enough to take them down, but considering that the levels of the Galactic Grunts were Level 38, I was well above them, and easily OHKOed them. Thank goodness I gave my Drifblim Thunderbolt for the Golbats! It came in handy so much!

Upon beating them all, I prepared for moving forward to battle Mars & Jupiter! In the next Log, we will take them on. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #55-Spear Pillar (Galactic #4)
Bracing myself for what was to come, I made sure to have Floatzel as my first Pokemon. As I moved toward Mars and Jupiter, they confronted me. Out of nowhere, Barry showed up!

123px-Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Barry.png
How did Barry beat me here? I didn't see him on the climb up. Anyway, I am glad to have him as backup. Trust me, he was going to be backup, since he didn't really do too much in this fight.

On to Mars & Jupiter. I was kinda dreading this fight.

Me: Floatzel | Barry: Munchlax (Lv. 40) | Jupiter & Mars: Bronzor (x2) (Lv. 41)
Floatzel struck first with Surf, which OHKOed both Bronzors and almost took out Barry's Munchlax as well.

Me: Graveler | Barry: Munchlax, then Staraptor (Lv. 40) | Jupiter & Mars: Skuntank & Purugly (Lv. 46 & 45)
I ended up with a Poisoned Graveler which also was hit by Shadow Claw. Yet, those moves barely did anything, and Graveler OHKOed both Skuntank and Purugly, as well as finally beat Munchlax.

Me: Drifblim | Barry: Staraptor | Jupiter & Mars: Golbat (x2) (Lv. 42)
One of the Golbats used Confuse Ray against my Drifblim, but Drifblim was able to fight through, using Thunderbolt to clear both Golbats.

I won the fight against Mars & Jupiter. Thanks for the backup Barry! Cyrus called Dialga, the cutscene played, and I prepared to battle Cyrus. In the next Log, we will do so! Until then, we will see you!

Log #56-Ending Team Galactic (Galactic #5)
235px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.png
Before Barry left, he healed up my team, then Cyrus challenged me to battle. He opened with Honchkrow (Level 45) and I opened with Floatzel. Floatzel missed the first Ice Fang, allowing Honchkrow to strike with Dark Pulse, which did a lot of damage to Floatzel. Floatzel pulled off an Ice Fang, which lead to an OHKO on Honchkrow.

Cyrus sent out Gyrados (Level 45), which I was concerned about, since it has access to Earthquake. I switched to Drifblim, and I was uncertain about my speed. Drifblim was faster, hitting with an OHKO Thunderbolt, ending the big worry.

Cyrus switched to Weavile (Level 48) and I changed to Kricketune. Kricketune used X-Scissor, which did a lot of damage to Weavile, doing enough to push Cyrus to switch out to Crobat (Level 46), which took the X-Scissor. I then switched to Drifblim, who took a Cross Poison. Drifblim struck back with Thunderbolt, OHKOing Crobat.

Down to his last Pokemon, Cyrus brought out Weavile again. Kricketune finished the fight with another X-Scissor, bringing Cyrus to his knees.

Upon beating Cyrus, Dialga waited for me to confront it. Both Dawn & Rowan showed up, encouraging me. In the next Log, we will see if we can capture Dialga! Until next time, we will see you!

Log #57-Time Master Dialga (Galactic Saga #6)
600px-483Dialga_BDSP.png
Dialga is going crazy trying to "create a new world" for Cyrus. Before I began the battle, I checked to see how many Ultra Balls I had (it was 6). I had not saved through this entire part, meaning if I could not capture Dialga, I would have to reset and replay all of the Team Galactic fighting.

I sent out Graveler, which used Earthquake, taking Dialga down to about 1/4. Dialga eventually beat down Graveler, and I switched to Bibarel, using Hyper Fang, which dropped Dialga super low. With one final Ultra Ball (I had used 5 others before this), I captured Dialga. Named it Chronos and it ended up in the PC.

After I captured Dialga, Dawn and Rowan congratulated me on my victory. I then escaped. Deciding to do some exploration, I explored Oreburgh Gate for a minute, thinking maybe I could find Earthquake there. Turns out, Earthquake is in Wayward Cave, which requires Flash. I think I will train up Abra to go for Earthquake.

Leaving Wayward Cave for now, I decided to do some shopping, grabbing some Ultra,Quick, Timer, & Dusk Balls from Celestic Town as well as some Max Repels so when I chase down Mespirit I could do so.

In the next Log, we will go after Azelf, Uxie, & Mespirit. Until next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom