• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Red "Origins" Run

Log #31-Sabrina (Gym #6)
Before I went to battle Sabrina, I completed a few actions. First, I fished up a Poliwhirl in Celadon City.

Second, I trained up Slowpoke north of Vermillion City, finishing it up in the Pokemon Tower, evolving it to Slowbro.

Third, before I went to the Saffron Gym, I collected Psychic from Mr. Psychic, giving it to Lapras.

These actions allowed me to:
Trade Poliwhirl for Jynx in Cerulean City and Slowbro for Lickitung in the Route 18 gateway. Following those actions, I set up to take on Sabrina. Let's Go!

My Team for this Gym was:
Charizard (Level 41)
Jolteon (Level 41)
Snorlax (Level 41)
Hitmonlee (Level 40)-Got it to Level 41 in the Gym
Lapras (Level 40)-Got it to Level 41 in the Gym
Dodrio (Level 40)-Got it to Level 41 in the Gym

Sabrina.jpg

The Warp Tiles were difficult, but they allowed me to travel around and train more, getting me ready for Sabrina. Surprisingly, I was able to use Charizard (Level 41) in the entire fight. Sabrina opened with Kadabra (Level 38). Curious, I tried Ember, which barely did anything. Kadabra used Psybeam, which did some damage. Switching tactics, I Slashed it, leading to a fainting of Kadabra. Next was Mr. Mime (Level 37), who liked to use Confusion. One Slash took it down. Next came Venomoth (Level 38). Why would she have a Venomoth? There are plenty of Psychic Types in the game, some of which are shown by her trainers. It makes no sense! Anyway, Venomoth used Poison Powder, which Poisoned Charizard, but Charizard took Venomoth down with Ember. Charizard was weakened, but still able to battle. As her final Pokemon, Sabrina sent out Alakazam (Level 43), who was hit by a Slash that almost took it out. Hanging on, Alakazam used Psywave, which, combined with Poison chip damage, almost defeated Charizard. With one final Slash, Alakazam fell, winning me the 6th Badge. Was a bit surprised she didn't stall out by using Recover on Kadabra and Alakazam or use a Screen & Barrier strategy.

Oh well, I now have 6 Badges. I also used a Full Heal to remove the Poison damage so I could get out of the Gym safely. In the next Log, we will go through Routes 19, 20, & do some captures in the Seafoam Islands. Until the next time, we will see you!

I have not given you a Pokedex Update in a few posts (since Log #26), though I have hinted at some of it, but here we go!
Current Dex

Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Vileplume
Parasect
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Kadabra
Machoke
Tentacruel
Graveler
Slowbro
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Cloyster
Haunter
Onix
Hypno
Kingler
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Rhyhorn
Seaking
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Jolteon
Snorlax

Log #32-Routes 19, 20, & Seafoam Islands
Flying from Saffron to Fuchsia City, I traveled south to Route 19. Before I went on Lapras and headed out, I fished up Staryu (evolved it in Celadon) and Horsea. With those captures, I set sail, battling many trainers on the way to the Seafoam Islands. This gave a lot of experience and some quick money. Eventually I arrived at the Seafoam Islands.

Seafoam Islands.png

In this pair of islands, there is only one new capture we will be focusing on right now, though deep in the caves is Articuno, the Titan of Ice. We will be back for that. For now, we captured a Seel, with the intention to move on. I got confused as to where to go from here...how to get to Cinnabar. For those who don't know themselves, here is the video.

In the next Log, we will be heading back home and heading out to Cinnabar Island, with a focus on the Pokemon Lab & the Pokemon Mansion. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #33-Cinnabar: The Lab & The Mansion
Sailing south from Pallet Town, I took on a few battles, then arrived at Cinnabar Island.

Cinnabar Island.jpg

I decided to go to the Cinnabar Mansion first, but right now, it was only to catch a few new captures. These were Ponyta, Grimer, & Koffing. Once I caught them, I left, choosing to come back later once a bunch of new captures are trained up. Wanting to get my Fossil & Amber turned into Pokemon, I did that as well, getting Kabuto & Aerodactyl. I will be going back to take on the Mansion eventually.

Pokemon I Need To Train Currently:
Rhyhorn (Up to Level 42)
Horsea (Up to Level 32)
Seel (Up to Level 34)
Ponyta (Up to Level 40)
Grimer (Up to Level 38)
Koffing (Up to Level 35)
Kabuto (Up to Level 40)

Most of those Pokemon shouldn't take too long to train up. Right now, I am sitting at 99 Pokemon in the Dex Captured, and with these evolutions, I will be up to 106 Pokemon. The next Log will be a surprise as to what we will do. I don't want to spoil it for now. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #34-The Glitch Safari in Cinnabar
Missingno_s.png
You might have noticed that in this playthrough, I have not really focused on the Kanto Safari Zone. Why is that? It's because of the crazy glitch known as Missigno. What is Missigno.? To put it simply, it is a bug in the coding of the Generation I games. With the Missigno Glitch, you can get infinaite items (as long as they are in your 6th slot of your bag) and more for this point, find rare Pokemon that you can't otherwise, such as the Safari Zone.

How do you access the Missigno. Glitch? It involves the Old Man in Viridian City.

Once I talked to the Old Man, I flew to Cinnabar Island, bought an Ultra Ball (I could have duplicated the Master Ball, but I still want to save it for Mewtwo), and allowed that to be duplicated to 128, along with Rare Candies. I used the Rare Candies to get some of my remaining Level Ups to evolve (Kabuto & Grimer).

Using this glitch, I will be catching most of the Safari Zone Pokemon (not Dratini) from there. It will take me a bit to do it, but I will get it done.
In the next Log, we will go to Route 21 and continue our quest. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #35-Route 21
200px-Kanto_Route_21_HGSS.png
Before I headed onto Route 21, I was able to catch Scyther (using Rare Candies to raise it), Tauros, Chansey, and Kangaskhan at the Cinnabar Island Glitch Safari Zone. Once those were captured, I deposited Hitmonlee (goodbye buddy) and moved Scyther into my Team. Red's Origins Team has now (mostly) been achieved.

Those captures done, I actually went to Route 21. There is a single, large patch of grass in which I captured Tangela. My Pokemon Captures are now 111.Well, now that I have done all of this work, what is next? At Log #33, I had first arrived at Cinnabar Island, going into the Cinnabar Mansion to do captures and the Pokemon Lab. I had largely avoided exploration of the Mansion. In the next Log, we will finally explore the Mansion and get access to Cinnabar Gym.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #36-Taking On The Mansion
In Log #33, we had gone to Cinnabar Island, but had skipped the Mansion. Now at Log #36, we decided to clear the Mansion. This was a bit tricky to do so, mainly due to the statues that had to be pressed to open the doors. Most of the items were useless, but I did pick up a Rare Candy and the TMs for Blizzard & SolarBeam. Thankfully, I didn't get stuck, since there is a point where if you go around a table on the right side, the player character gets stuck, requiring the use of an escape rope. Why was that even a thing?! We managed to get through, collecting the Secret Key, which can be used to open the Cinnabar Gym. Why would anyone leave his keys in an old decrepit building?

We did discover interesting journal entries for some kind of experiment that involved Mew and a new Pokemon called "Mewtwo". What the heck happened here? Was it a Lab in the past?

Mewtwo.jpg

Looks like we have a new Mystery on our hands. Just what was Mewtwo, and where is it now? In the next Log, we will be doing some more exploration, this time at the Cerulean Power Plant. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #37-Route 10 & The Power Plant
I flew to Cerulean City, gave Scyther Cut, then traveled east. I got confused for a bit, not sure what ledges to jump, but I eventually found the river that led to the Power Plant.

Zapdos.jpg

This place is the roost of Zapdos, but we are not interested in that right now, much like we were not interested in Articuno when we stopped at the Seafoam Islands. At this point, we decided to only gather what Pokemon we could. These encounters were:
Magnemite, Voltorb, & Electabuzz. We will be back for Zapdos later. I have a ton of Rare Candies, so I used a few to get Magnemite to Magneton & Voltorb to Electrode. The rest of the Rare Candies I have will be going to Dratini when I get it. My current Dex Count is 116. In the next Log, we will be going and battling Blaine. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #38-Blaine (Gym #7)
My Team for the Gym:
Charizard-Level 44
Jolteon-Level 44
Snorlax-Level 43
Scyther-Level 43
Lapras-Level 43
Dodrio-Level 43

Blaine.jpg

Now with the Secret Key in our possession (we got it from the Mansion in Log #36), we walked into the Cinnabar Gym. This Gym has two ways to get to Blaine: Either Brawn (Trainer Battles) or Brain (the Quiz Questions). For the battle experience, I did answer the questions and battle the trainers. Unlike in other Generations, where you can't battle the trainers once you take on the quiz, in Gen I, you can. I did so, getting most of my Team to Level 44. I eventually got to Blaine, whose overworld sprite looked like a fat dude in a striped shirt. Lol.

I opened with Lapras, and used it the entire fight. His Growlithe (Level 42), Ponyta (Level 40), and Rapidash (Level 42) all went down to single Surfs. His Arcanine (Level 47) was a bit bulkier. How the heck is there such a level discrepancy between his Arcanine and the rest of his party?! Anyway, he used Ember, and not seeing much result, used Fire Blast, which actually burned Lapras. Lapras hung in there, and a few Surf attacks finished Blaine. I now have 7 Badges.

What will we be doing in the next Log? Hunting down Articuno & Zapdos. Until the next time, we will see you!

Current Dex:
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Vileplume
Parasect
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Kadabra
Machoke
Tentacruel
Graveler
Rapidash
Slowbro
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Cloyster
Haunter
Onix
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Weezing
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Seadra
Seaking
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Jolteon
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax

Log #39-Zapdos & Articuno
Dragonite.png
Before I went to go after Zapdos (I did Zapdos first, since it was easier), I headed to the Safari Zone to see if I could fish up a Dratini so I didn't have to buy one at the Game Corner. It took some fishing, but I eventually caught one (threw a Rock, then started "Chuck & Pray), and I ended up catching it (Level 15)! Leaving the Safari Zone, I used some of my Rare Candies to take it all the way to Dragonite! Now my money can be saved for Porygon later. I sold all of my remaining Rare Candies for a nice profit (I had 37 left).
Zapdos.jpg
As I said, I went after Zapdos first because it was easier. I was able to find it in the back corner of the Power Plant. It was Level 50, slightly more than my Team (Level 44). Using Dodrio I was able to lower Zapdos to a manageable level (if you don't lower it, you can completely miss the Pokemon), then started "Chuck & Pray". Eventually I caught it. Named it Lightning. Time to go after Articuno.
Articuno.png
First of all, I used this video to get me through. I needed Strength (Snorlax) and Surf (Lapras) to find it.
Articuno (Level 50) had to be lowered, like Zapdos before it. Articuno was far more offensive, being able to OHKO members of my Team. It took a few tries to catch it. First I would Paralyze using Jolteon, then whittle it down. Snorlax was able to stall it out, allowing me to catch it after quite a few Ultra Balls. Hopefully Moltres won't be a problem (or too much of one) when I reach it.
In the next Log, we will be going after Giovanni for our last Badge. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #40-Giovanni (Gym #8)
Flying back to Viridian City, I think how far we have come on this journey. When we were first here, we were just starting out, with the mission to collect Prof. Oak's Parcel and doing our first captures of the journey. Now, we have returned, as has the Viridian Gym Leader after a long time. Who could they be? Let's go find out! The Gym is Ground Types, so is the Gym full of strong men? We took on the Gym, slowly taking on the trainers. We found our way to the Gym Leader, who ended up being Giovanni. Giovanni?! Let's take him on!

1481588-red_blue_giovanni.png

I opened with Jolteon (Level 44) against his Rhyhorn (Level 45). A few Double Kicks took it out, though I took some damage. He then sent out Dugtrio (Level 42), which Jolteon took out. He sent out Nidoqueen (Level 44), which eventually finished Jolteon. I sent out Snorlax (Level 44), who continued through the rest of the fight. I finished Nidoqueen & Nidoking (Level 45). Down to his last Pokemon, he brought out Rhydon (Level 50). Rhydon was a slow take down by Snorlax, but I eventually edged it out, though I thought I would have to bring out Scyther. Luckily I didn't.

Upon his defeat, we got the 8th Gym Badge, and our case is complete! In Origins, Red was down to his Charizard, though it seems that for story purposes, Giovanni was a lot harder. As a bonus, he disbanded Team Rocket (setting up the events in Generation II) and departed. Now with 8 Badges, we can head on. In the next Log, we will take on Routes 22, 23, & Victory Road. Until the next time, we will see you!

What Pokemon are there left to catch at this point (aside from Version Exclusives)? I know there is Moltres, Mewtwo and the Pokemon exclusive to the Unkown Dungeon.
I have been maintaining a list for a bit, and the only ones left are Moltres, Mewtwo, & Porygon. After I get Moltres, I am going to sell my Ultra Balls, since Mewtwo is basically programmed to only be captured in the Master Ball. I have about 100 left. Moltres will take a few, and I will sell the rest. All remaining trainers (before the Elite Four) is $20,425. All remaining Ultra Balls are $600 x 104=$62,400. My current amount of money is $363,095. That will put me at $445,920 total before the League. If I can figure out how to Missigno my Health Potions, and convert any remaining to $$$, I should have more than enough to buy Porygon outright at the Game Corner.

Log #41-Routes 22, 23, & Victory Road
Ready to go, still in Viridian, I headed west, onto Route 22. The last time I was here, I battled Blue. Now, I am back here, and what do you know?! It's time to battle Blue again!

My (Red) TeamBlue Team
Charizard (Level 46)Pidgeot (Level 47)
Jolteon (Level 45)Rhyhorn (Level 45)
Snorlax (Level 45)Growlithe (Level 45)
Scyther (Level 44)Exeggcute (Level 47)
Lapras (Level 44)Alakazam (Level 50)
Dodrio (Level 44)Blastoise (Level 53)

We started with Jolteon, who OHKOed Pidgeot and two shotted Rhyhorn. Growlithe went down to Lapras. Scyther was beaten by Alakazam, but Dodrio mopped up. Blastoise fell to an OHKO from Jolteon. Blue smarted off, then departed, leaving me free to move on. Route 23 was the Badge Check gates. I went through there, then flew back to Viridian and healed. Passing back through the gates, I took on the Victory Road. I used the Guide to get me through:
I got through to the end of the Victory Road, but what is this? Moltres is here? In the next Log, we will catch Moltres. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #42-Moltres
As I departed Victory Road, I saw Moltres. Moltres...in Victory Road?! Now to complete the trio!

Moltres.png
Moltres wasn't that difficult to catch. I lowered the HP of Moltres through Jolteon. It just took a few Ultra Balls to catch it. Of the three, Moltres was the easiest, almost like it wanted to be captured. Articuno had been named Ice, Zapdos had been named Lightning, and Moltres was named Fire. With the three now in the box, I don't have much left to go! I left the Victory Road, not yet ready to take on the Elite Four. My Team was Level 46, but the Elite Four was in the 50's, and Blue would be at Level 65! How would I end the discrepancy? I had gotten a Rare Candy in the Victory Road, and after I sold the remaining Ultra Balls and the one strange Great Ball, I put the Rare Candy as my 6th item, then used Missigno. to get infinite Rare Candies, using them to boost my Team to Level 65 as well. I also got my Healing Items to a high amount. Once I was done with Leveling, I sold the rest of the Rare Candies. Somehow, my money count was $782,428. I may have overdone it with Missigno.!

In the next Log, we will try to buy Porygon at the Celadon Game Corner. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #43-Porygon At The Game Corner
600px-137Porygon.png
I started this Log frantically looking for the Coin Case, being surprised that I had not collected it from the Celadon Restaurant when I had first gone to the city. When I finally got it, I knew it was time...Porygon Time! I had forgotten what it had cost me in Yellow, so I spent 20 Minutes and $200,000 getting the necessary coins to buy Porygon. In Yellow, I had needed to wait until the Post Game, with a ton of Elite Four fights, to make the money. With Porygon in my Box, I am only needing one more Pokemon, Mewtwo!
Kanto Elite Four.jpg
It's time! In the next Log, we will take on the Elite Four. For my Healing Items, I have Max Revives, Super Potions, Hyper Potions, and Full Heals. No Full Restores though. Ready, Set, Go! Until the next time, we will see you!
Current Dex:
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefable
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Vileplume
Parasect
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Kadabra
Machoke
Tentacruel
Graveler
Rapidash
Slowbro
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Cloyster
Haunter
Onix
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Weezing
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Seadra
Seaking
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Jolteon
Porygon
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Total: 123/151
81.46%
Unable To Be Gotten:
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur
Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise
Sandshrew & Sandslash
Vulpix & Ninetales
Meowth & Persian
Alakazam
Machamp
Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel
Golem
Gengar
Hitmonchan
Magmar
Pinsir
Vaporeon
Flareon
Omanyte & Omastar
Mew
Total: 27/151
18.54%

Have Not Yet Gotten:
Mewtwo

Log #44-Elite Four
Kanto Elite Four.jpg

Here We Go! Healed Up And Ready, let's take the Elite Four on!
Our Team:
Charizard (Level 65)
Jolteon (Level 65)
Snorlax (Level 65)
Scyther (Level 65)
Lapras (Level 65)
Dodrio (Level 65)

320px-Lorelei_PO.png
Team Members I Used For This Fight:
Jolteon & Charizard

First up is Lorelei, the Ice Type Master. She opened with Dewgong (Level 54) and I sent out Jolteon. A single Thunderbolt OHKOed. The same fate occurred for her Cloyster (Level 53) and Slowbro (Level 54). Now with Lorelei experiencing 3 OHKOs, she was against a seemingly unstoppable Jolteon. She sent out Jynx (Level 56), thinking she had a way to stop Jolteon. I switched out to Charizard. At first, I was thinking to use Fire Spin against Jynx, but it is not to really be messed with, so Charizard used Flamethrower, ending with another OHKO. Lorelei, down to her last Pokemon, sent out Lapras (Level 56). This beast could have been a problem for Charizard, so I changed back to Jolteon, and with one Thunderbolt, OHKOed it. I was very over leveled for this fight.
320px-Bruno_PO.png
Lapras, Dodrio, & Scyther

Lorelei opened the gate to the next room, the Fighting Type Master Bruno. He actually uses a mix of Rock & Fighting Types. He opened with his first (of two) Onix (Level 53), and I sent out Lapras, though I thought about toying with him using Scyther, but I sent out Lapras first. One Surf was an OHKO. I changed to Dodrio, even though Lapras had Psychic, so I could see how effective Hitmonchan (Level 55) would be. A Drill Peck beat it down. His second Onix (Level 56) came out, and I switched to Lapras. One Surf, and it was out. Next was Hitmonlee (Level 55), and Dodrio used Drill Peck again, leading to another OHKO. With his Machamp (Level 58), I decided to use Scyther. Machamp tried to use Submission, though it missed, and I was given free reign to set up, using the combination of Double Team, Swords Dance, & Slash to OHKO Machamp.
320px-Agatha_PO.png
Dodrio & Jolteon

Bruno pushed the button, and the door opened to the next room, the Ghost Type Master Agatha. She should be considered a Poison Type Master, not a Ghost one, but considering there was only one Ghost Type family in Gen I, this mixture was appropriate. It was fixed in later Generations (more or less...). She started with her first of 2 Gengars (Level 56). Normally at this point on a regularly leveled up team, Gengar would be a terrifying challenge, since it can Confuse, put to Sleep, and recover HP (through the use of Dream Eater). Dodrio beat it down with a single Drill Peck. Next came Golbat (level 56), which I switched to Jolteon for. One Thunderbolt took it out of the sky. She changed to her Haunter (Level 55), and I changed back to Dodrio, which took it out with another Drill Peck. Next came her Arbok (Level 58), which could have been a threat, and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to switch to Lapras, but I decided to stay in with Dodrio. One Drill Peck and it was done. Lastly was her second Gengar (Level 60), which went down to a single Drill Peck. She could have been a serious threat if I was not over leveled, due to the use of Sleep, Confusion, and Poison strategies.
320px-Lance_PO.png
Jolteon & Lapras

Agatha opened up the door to the next room, and after a bit of a walk down a hallway, I came face to face with Lance, the Dragon Type Master, though there are a lot of people that would call him a Flying Type Master. There are also accusations that he is actually under leveled for his Team, and while that may be true in Generation II, it's not so in Generation I, though he does effectively have 3 Dragonites. His entire team has Hyper Beam, making him the major threat of the four. He opened with Gyarados (level 58), and Jolteon did one single Thunderbolt. For both of his Dragonairs (Level 56), I had Lapras use Ice Beam, and they both were OHKOed. Aerodactyl (Level 60) was able to be faster than Lapras, firing off a Hyper Beam. Lapras held on, and sent back an Ice Beam, ending Aerodactyl. Lastly came the Dragonite (Level 62). Normally Dragonite can be terrifying, but Lapras fell easily to one Ice Beam. Now, I have beaten the Elite Four, and I could have been the Champion, if someone else hadn't beat me to it...Blue.
Jolteon, Snorlax, Scyther, Lapras, Charizard

Going to battle Blue, he talked to me, mocked me, then we got to battle! He opened with Pidgeot (Level 61), which Jolteon OHKOed. Next was Alakazam (Level 59), and I switched to Scyther. Alakazam attempted to use Psychic, but it failed. I set up with Double Team & Swords Dance. Alakazam used Reflect. Scyther used Slash, OHKOing Alakazam. Next came Rhydon (Level 61), and I switched to Lapras, who also fought Arcanine (Level 63). There were 2 OHKOs. I switched to Snorlax against Exeggutor (Level 61). Exeggutor liked to use Stomp, and Snorlax used a mixture of Body Slam & Hyper Beam. Lastly was Blastoise (Level 65), and I switched to Charizard. Charizard used Fire Spin, which trapped Blastoise. Blastoise fired back using Hydro Pump, which almost took down Charizard. I switched back to Snorlax, using Hyper Beam, which reduced Blastoise down almost to defeat, though it still had some health. With Snorlax in recovery, I changed back to Charizard, which I had healed up, then had it use anoth Fire Spin, trapping Blastoise again. As a final, finishing move, Charizard used Flamethrower, taking down Blastoise. Becoming the winner, Prof. Oak met me and inducted me into the Hall of Fame. Blue had only been Champion for an hour or so before. The credits roll, and I arrive back in Pallet Town, taking a rest at home. In the next (and final) Log, we will be going after Mewtwo in the Unknown Dungeon near Cerulean City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #45-Mewtwo & Cerulean Cave
Mewtwo.jpg
Flying from Pallet Town to Cerulean City, I biked north onto Route 24, where there is a river. Following this river brings us to a cave outside of Cerulean City, the Unknown Dungeon. The inside was very winding and twisting, but I eventually managed to get to Mewtwo, with the Master Ball in my bag. I tend to think that Mewtwo is programmed so that only the Master Ball can be used for it (Pikachu & Eevee basically confirmed this). Now, I could have battled it and tried to catch it, but I didn't really want to. Just catch and go! One Master Ball, and Mewtwo was mine! I Escape Roped out, then flew back to Pallet Town. Settling back in my childhood home and looking at my Town Map, I look to the west, wondering if there is some great land, just ready for exploration...

And thus, we end the Pokemon Red "Origins" Run. Normally I would discuss where we are headed now, but we still have not finished our Silver Playthrough. It is my intention to finish it before we move on to our next run. Once we finish in Silver, we will announce the next planned Run.

Thank you for following me in Kanto, and I hope you will carry over to continuing the journey in Johto (and eventually Kanto)! Thank You All!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom