• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Ultra Moon "Legend of Zelda Run"

Unovia

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Link (Legend of Zelda).jpg
Welcome to Unovia's Ultra Moon "Legend of Zelda" Run. This was suggested by @Greninjaman & @Funnylion , so you guys get to finally see this!

This Run has been in development for some time, and it will be something different. Here is the last Run we completed:

It also has the links to all other Runs.
1690688886936.png

1690688917074.png
Here are the Rules:
1. I will be going after the Triforce, specifically the "Din" Piece.
2. The following Types are available as part of "Din":
a. Fire
b. Dark
c. Rock
d. Ground
e. Normal
f. Dragon
3. No Island Scan Pokemon.

Can I beat Pokemon Ultra Moon as Link? Please tune into find out!

Log #1-Starting the Quest
240px-0725Litten.png
Starting The Game
So, I named myself Link and went through the first little bit of the game. When it came time to pick a Starter, I chose Litten (Level 5), which I named Ganon. When I ran into wild Pokemon (Alolan Rattata) I chose to battle a bit, getting Litten to Level 6. I battled Hau for the first time, getting to Level 7. I saved Lillie during this time as well, doing my first heroics.

Once Kukui gave me the ability to catch Pokemon, I got a Yungoos and Pikipek, though I don't plan to head to Iki Town until I catch a few more Pokemon, since I have 10 Pokeballs and can get more from Mom once a day. On Route 1, I can get the following Pokemon right now:
Pikipek
Yungoos
Buneary
Alolan Rattata

Once I get access to Ride Tauros, I will go after:
Bonsly
Munchlax
Rockruff

My plan is to get my Team to Level 7 before I move on. In the next Log, we will have our first battles and do the Iki Town Festival. Until the next time, we will see you!

I noticed that you added the Dark type to the list of types that you can use. I agree with the pick, though I can see that type working with the other two pieces (a wise person can abuse the knowledge that they possess; Courage can make someone cocky).

I noticed that you added the Dark type to the list of types that you can use. I agree with the pick, though I can see that type working with the other two pieces (a wise person can abuse the knowledge that they possess; Courage can make someone cocky).
For me, it made sense to add Dark due to Incineroar being Fire/Dark.

Log #2-Iki Town Festival
Sun_Moon_Hala.png
Iki Town
Before I was ready to go to the Iki Town Festival, I got my Team to Level 7.
My Team
Litten
Yungoos
Pikipek
Buneary

As I headed back to Iki Town, I took on a few trainers, which got some of my Team to Level 8, so I took some time to balance out the team. I also ran into some spacemen from a strange place. After that, I battled Hau, easily beating him, then got the Z Power Ring and the trial challenge amulet.
93px-USUM_Lillie.png
Lillie encouraged me to go meet with her and Professor Kukui, and while I headed down there, I caught a Inkay, which I worked to train to the rest of my Team. After I met with Kukui, getting the Rotom Dex, I headed back to Route 1, where I finally was able to catch an Alolan Rattata, since I couldn't get it before the Iki Town Festival. Lillie wants me to meet her in Hau'oli City, but right now, I went to train up my new capture to Level 9, where the rest of my Team is currently.

Team
Litten
Yungoos
Pikipek
Buneary
Inkay
Alolan Rattata

Pokemon Trainers School (Upcoming Captures)
Alolan Meowth
Alolan Grimer
Zorua

When I get them, I am not sure which members to drop from my current squad, though I think it will be Yungoos, Pikipek, and Buneary, which would make my Team completely Dark Type. In the next Log, we will head to the Pokemon Trainers School. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #3-Trainer's School & Route 2
Sun_Moon_Ilima.png
Trainer's School
At the Trainer's School, I caught Zorua, Alolan Meowth, & Alolan Grimer, battling trainers as I went. Eventually, I battled the teacher at Level 11 defeating her after a bit of challenge, since she had a Popplio against me. After I beat the teacher, I graduated from the school. After this, I caught a Furfrou, which went right into the box. Ilima, impressed with my skill, encouraged me to take on the Verdant Cavern trial, his trial. I will at some point soon. After I battled Ilima, I collected some Totem Stickers in old areas, then went on to Route 2.

Route 2
On Route 2, I battled a few trainers, then found my way to a hotel overlooking a beach, Big Wave Beach. I chased a few Team Skull Grunts away, where Ganon got to Level 14 and the rest of my Team was Level 13. After saving the Mantine, I left the beach, heading onward to the nearby Pokemon Center, where I decided to rest.

Current Team
Litten
Inkay
Rattata
Zorua
Meowth
Grimer

In the next Log, we will probably take on Verdant Cavern. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #4-Verdant Cavern
240px-020Raticate-Alola.png
Before I went into Verdant Cavern, I continued exploring Route 2, where I caught a Growlithe. I also went into Hau'oli Cemetery, where I caught a Murkrow. I decided that I was going to get my Team to Level 16, then I would swap out my Team.

My Team (Verdant Trial)
Litten --> Torracat
Inkay
Zorua
Grimer
Growlithe
Murkrow

Verdant Cavern
I got through the Trial, where, before taking on the Totem Raticate, Litten evolved into Torracat (Level 17). I continued to use Torracat against Totem Alolan Raticate (Level 12). Raticate couldn't even bring out an Ally before it fell to a single Double Kick. After I won, Ilima gave me 10 Great Balls, and I got the Normal Z-Crystal. Having beaten the trial, I can now catch Pokemon in the cave, which I will catch Alolan Diglett and Noibat. Of the two, I think Noibat will end up in my regular Team, replacing Zorua, since Zorua is my only pure Dark Type.

In the next Log, we will go onto Route 3. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #5-Route 3 & Melemele Meadow
93px-USUM_Lillie.png
Verdant Cavern
Having defeated the Totem Raticate, I head out, then come back in, where I go to capture a Alolan Diglett and a Noibat. Noibat stays on my Team while Diglett is boxed. I then boxed Zorua and placed Noibat in the Team. I was then asked by Kukui to find Lillie, who disappeared. Where did she go? Before I went after Lillie, I trained up Noibat, battled Hau (he fell easily), then went to find Lillie in Melemele Meadow.

Melemele Meadow
In Melemele Meadow, I found Lillie, who was following Nebby. I continued to train Noibat for a bit, rescued Nebby and then I left quickly. It was time to fully explore Route 3.

Route 3
Route 3 had a lot of ambush encounters. I caught a Vullaby, then continued to catch Noibat up to the rest of the squad. My Team got to Level 20 for going after Hala.

My Team
Torracat
Inkay
Grimer
Growlithe
Murkrow
Noibat

Hala Grand Trial Plan
Hala's Grand Trial is going to be Fighting Type, and he will have 3 Pokemon, so I decided to have 3 Pokemon as well. I limited my Team to:
Inkay
Murkrow
Noibat

In the next Log, we will take on Hala. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #6-Melemele Grand Trial
Sun_Moon_Hala.png
Melemele Grand Trial Hala
(Fighting Type)

Going into the Melemele Grand Trial, I have Inkay, Murkrow, & Noibat as my 3 for the 3 vs. 3 of the Grand Trial. Hala opens with Machop (Level 15), and Inkay (Level 20), comes out for my side. Inkay uses Peck, which does some damage, but Revenge does a lot of Inkay's health. Machop uses Revenge again, and I have Inkay use Foul Play, thinking I could do a lot of damage before I fell. It didn't happen, and Inkay fell first. I sent out Murkrow (Level 20) to defeat Machop and Makuhita (Level 15), switching to Noibat (Level 20) to defeat Crabrawler (Level 16). The Z Move wasn't even used. Hala gave me the Z Crystal and access to Tauros as my first Ride Pokemon.

In the next Log, we will take on Ten Carat Hill, and all areas we have seen before that needed Tauros power. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #7-Revisiting Some Areas I
383px-Sun_Moon_Kahili.png
Ten Carat Hill
I captured Roggenrola, Carbink, and Rockruff here. I also ran into Kahili here, where I got Flyinium Z.

Route 1
I managed to capture a Munchlax. I also tried to catch a Happiny, but was unable to get it to show up.

Summary
I have 3 Z-Crystals now. Normal, Fighting, & Flying. I managed to get up to 12 Totem Stickers, and I decided to switch up my Team a bit.

Current Team
Torracat
Inkay
Grimer
Murkrow
Noibat
Rockruff

Once I get Rockruff (Level 13) to Level 20, I will go onto the next Log. In the next Log, we will Mantine Surf to Akala Island. Until the next time, we will see you!

I think an interesting rule to add would be that you can only use the z-moves that match the types of the triforce you chose, in your case: fire, dark, rock, ground, normal, and Dragon.

I think an interesting rule to add would be that you can only use the z-moves that match the types of the triforce you chose, in your case: fire, dark, rock, ground, normal, and Dragon.
Would be interesting, but I am not going to worry about that, since the only way I could do that is to plan movesets.

Back
Top Bottom