• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Ultra Moon "Legend of Zelda Run"

Log #8-Route 4 & Paniola Ranch
307px-Sun_Moon_Olivia.png
Ok, so I went back to the Trainer's School, where I took on some mysteries. There were seven to take on, and I beat them down. I then headed to Big Wave Beach, where I Mantine Surfed to Akala Island.

Akala Island
I met Kukui, Lillie, and Hau at the beach, where Kukui introduced me to Olivia and Mallow. I then traveled around, getting a few more Totem Stickers, then met with Samson Oak, who gave me an Alolan Raticate. I also battled Dexio and Sina, then met with Lillie who was meeting with someone, but didn't say who. I then headed onto Route 4.

Route 4

On the Route, I captured a Lillipup and Mudbray. I continued battling through trainers, finding my way to Paniola Town.

Paniola Town

I battled Hau in Paniola Town. It was fun to use Inkay to put most of his party to sleep! Once I defeated Hau, I healed again. Torracat is Level 23, while the rest of my Team is Level 22. I don't know what I want to do with my Team right now, since I am thinking about adding Mudbray to my Team.

My Current Team
Torracat
Inkay
Grimer
Murkrow
Noibat
Rockruff

Mudbray's Place
Now, I am thinking about dropping Rockruff from the team for Mudbray, since Ground is notably stronger than Rock. I also have to think about the next trial, the first trial of Akala Island, Brooklet Hill. I might just make it a rotational slot. Hard to say.

In the next Log, we will explore Paniola Ranch. Until the next time, we will see you!

In Other News
As I was playing this part, the cap on the 3DS (the gray part) broke off, so I had to reattach it. I came so close to having to end this run by necessity. All is good now Folks! Things may be slower to post, but we will continue.

Log #9-Paniola Ranch & Route 5
97px-Sun_Moon_Gladion.png
Paniola Ranch
Once I got Mudbray to Level 22, I boxed it for a little bit, then took my Main Team through the Ranch, which got my Team to Level 24. I also caught an Eevee and hatched another one from the nursery while I met with Mallow, who gave me Stoutland Search. I also went to Pikachu Valley, where I met with the Pikachu, changing my clothes. When I was ready, I headed onto Route 5.

Route 5

I battled a few trainers, then battled Gladion. I decided to battle using only 3 Pokemon against him, since he only had 3 of them. I used Inkay against Zorua. Zorua defeated Inkay, and Murkrow defeated it. Grimer took on Zubat and Type: Null. Type: Null defeated Grimer, though it was poisoned, and I used the Z Move with Murkrow to defeat Type: Null, ending the close battle. I healed up after taking on a few more battles.

My Team:
Torracat
Inkay
Grimer
Murkrow
Noibat
Rockruff (Switching with Mudbray)

In the next Log, we will discuss my plans on the two Eevees I have. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #10-The Eevee Question
221px-Eeveelutions.png
A Discussion About Eevee
According to the rules of this Run, I only have access to two Eeveelutions. These are Flareon and Umbreon. The captured one will be Flareon, while the baby will hopefully be Umbreon. I will not be using either ones in my Main Team, though I intend to use them as swap outs for later. I will get both of them to Level 18 before I evolve Flareon (I have the Fire Stone), and hopefully Eevee will evolve to Umbreon by that point too.

Eeveelutions By Preference:
  1. Sylveon
  2. Jolteon
  3. Espeon
  4. Umbreon
  5. Vaporeon
  6. Flareon
  7. Leafeon
  8. Glaceon
I have never used Flareon, and rarely used Umbreon, but I have always liked both, though for a long time, both Umbreon and Flareon had terrible movesets, so it didn't make sense to use them.

In the next Log, we will take on Brooklet Hill (I plan to get my Team to Level 25.) Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #11-Brooklet Hill
511px-Sun_Moon_Lana.png
Brooklet Hill
My Team (Brooklet Hill Trial):
Inkay
Murkrow
Noibat

Before I went into the trial, I managed to get Flareon, Umbreon, & Lycanroc. All of the rest of my Team of Pokemon got set up. For this trial, I decided to reduce my Team to Inkay, Murkrow, and Noibat, using each one once for each set of pools.

The Trial
The Totem was Araquanid (Level 20). I thought I would be able to sweep the trial, since I had 3 Pokemon with Flying moves (and they all had the Flying Z Move). I started with Noibat. Noibat gave a valiant effort, even taking on both the Totem and the partner, but soon died to Aurora Beam. Next I sent out Inkay, hoping to put the Totem to sleep while I crushed the partner, but that didn't happen, and the Totem worked to heal. Murkrow came out, and after some incredible luck, I beat both of them.

I was STUNNED that I almost lost. Lana gave me a fishing rod and Dive Balls, along with the Z Crystal. She helped me to the Pokemon Center.

In the next Log, we will go to Route 6. Until the next time, we will see you!

View attachment 174750Brooklet Hill
My Team (Brooklet Hill Trial):
Inkay
Murkrow
Noibat

Before I went into the trial, I managed to get Flareon, Umbreon, & Lycanroc. All of the rest of my Team of Pokemon got set up. For this trial, I decided to reduce my Team to Inkay, Murkrow, and Noibat, using each one once for each set of pools.

The Trial
The Totem was Araquanid (Level 20). I thought I would be able to sweep the trial, since I had 3 Pokemon with Flying moves (and they all had the Flying Z Move). I started with Noibat. Noibat gave a valiant effort, even taking on both the Totem and the partner, but soon died to Aurora Beam. Next I sent out Inkay, hoping to put the Totem to sleep while I crushed the partner, but that didn't happen, and the Totem worked to heal. Murkrow came out, and after some incredible luck, I beat both of them.

I was STUNNED that I almost lost. Lana gave me a fishing rod and Dive Balls, along with the Z Crystal. She helped me to the Pokemon Center.

In the next Log, we will go to Route 6. Until the next time, we will see you!
Well. Looks like I am not the only who survived a battle through sheer artificial stupidity. Against a water type no less.

Last edited:
Log #12-Routes 6 & 7
133px-Sun_Moon_Hapu.png
Route 6
Leaving Paniola Town, I started exploring Route 6, where I took on a few trainers, then ran into a girl named Hapu. She and I took on a few Team Skull members. Once I was ready to continue through (My Team was Level 26), I explored Royal Avenue, where I took on a Royale. Torracat was my main battler. Once I beat that, I considered doing some shopping, but decided against it for now. I also met Kiawe, who suggested I take on his trial soon.

Route 7 & Wela Volcano Park
I decided to explore the Wela Volcano Park, where I captured a Magby, Cubone, female Salandit, and Fletchling. I am not going to explore it fully yet, since I don't know what I want to do with my Team at this point.

My Current Team
Torracat
Inkay
Grimer
Murkrow
Noibat
Lycanroc
Mudbray

I am looking into moving Cubone & Salandit into the Team, while giving Mudbray a more permanent member.

The Team I am considering:
Torracat
Grimer
Noibat
Mudbray
Salandit
Cubone

In the next Log, we will take on Kiawe. I will go into that battle once my Team is Level 30. Any advice is welcome. Until the next time, we will see you!

You have Noibat which resists fire, so you could use it for the fire trial. I only played through Alola twice (Sun & Ultra Sun) so I don't really know much about the Pokemon. Heck, I don't really remember my teams.

Log #13-Wela Volcano Park
417px-Sun_Moon_Kiawe.png
I know you have been waiting for quite some time for this post. It took a while to train up, but once I felt ready, I set to do this. Thank you for waiting!

My Team (Wela Volcano Park Trial)
Mudbray
Lycanroc
Cubone
Salandit

Before the Trial, I got most of my Pokemon to Level 28, though Cubone and Salandit were Level 25. Cubone and Salandit were only in the team so I could train them. During the actual trial, Mudbray was my main battler. The fact that Mudbray was slow didn't help the situation, since Alolan Marowak could be fast and hit hard. I used a Roto HP restore to save Mudbray, though I still almost lost it to Alolan Marowak. I would have if I had not focused on affection boosts.

I was given the Fire Z-Crystal and access to Charizard.

In the next Log, we will go onto Route 8. Until the next time, we will see you!

My Team
I am working to set my Team properly for the next part of the game. Here is what I am planning to run for now:
Torracat
Grimer
Noibat
Mudbray
Salandit
Cubone

Announcement Regarding This Playthrough
800px-Molayne_anime.png
Hey Folks!
So, I have an unfortunate announcement to make regarding this playthrough. Due to the fact that my 3DS wants to update my game, and Nintendo shut down the e-shop, it is no longer able to update.

Because of this, my system has decided that it no longer wants to play my 3DS games anymore. Due to this occurrence, I have one of two ways to go about this. Either:
A. Fight through the error messages and the failed updating screens; or
B. Stop the Playthrough, and do something else. Play a different game.

Obviously, I am choosing Option B. I really wanted to finish the playthrough, but I can't. This kills about a third of my gaming library (no 3DS games).

On the bright side, I will be moving into the Pokemon Side Series games, mainly the DS Mystery Dungeon games. I do have the 3DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (the best one IMO, and my favorite), but I can't play it because of what I have said above.

Therefore, I am down to 3 choices, all of which I will get through.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Now, I know I could do the Pokemon Ranger series, but those are very difficult for me, and not as fun.

What Does This Mean Going Forward?

• I will be creating a "Unovia's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Playthrough Megathread" so I can play all 3 games in one thread. Look forward to that.
  • I have to do research on Boss levels and that kind of thing.
  • I want to thank you all for your wonderful support. It means so much to me. Sorry for the inconvenience. You, as the reader, might have lost a reading set, but for me, I lost so much more. Please be patient with me as I set up the Megathread and play through.

I just read this, and that’s sad. I doubt the Lurantis fight would be a sweep. The Castform and Kecleon set up Sun, letting Lurantis recover, like, all of its health with Synthesis and fire off one-turn Solar Blades. They made Wishiwashi/Araquanid, Lurantis, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o WAY to hard. I’d recommend Umbreon to Toxic Kommo-o and it’s partner and stall with protect, and to do the same with Ultra Necrozma, which is an absolutely ridiculous fight. The Umbreon set, if you’re to finish, I’d recommend is Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, and Sand Attack. The reason I endorse Umbreon is because, honestly, if a lvl 42 Umbreon can tank (only take 1/3 HP) from a lvl 80 Deoxys’s Hyper Beam in Omega Ruby (true story), what can it not tank lol?

I just read this, and that’s sad. I doubt the Lurantis fight would be a sweep. The Castform and Kecleon set up Sun, letting Lurantis recover, like, all of its health with Synthesis and fire off one-turn Solar Blades. They made Wishiwashi/Araquanid, Lurantis, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o WAY to hard. I’d recommend Umbreon to Toxic Kommo-o and it’s partner and stall with protect, and to do the same with Ultra Necrozma, which is an absolutely ridiculous fight. The Umbreon set, if you’re to finish, I’d recommend is Toxic, Protect, Moonlight, and Sand Attack. The reason I endorse Umbreon is because, honestly, if a lvl 42 Umbreon can tank (only take 1/3 HP) from a lvl 80 Deoxys’s Hyper Beam in Omega Ruby (true story), what can it not tank lol?
I would have loved to continue the Playthrough, but as I said, I couldn't. I recommend, if you want to see more of my work, check out this thread:

I would have loved to continue the Playthrough, but as I said, I couldn't. I recommend, if you want to see more of my work, check out this thread:

Idk, maybe you can’t finish, but I have Ultra Moon, and maybe someday I will! It could go that you control it I play it, and it can still be counted as yours. Not right now, though, because I still have Ultra Moon save data and want to do a lot of stuff

Idk, maybe you can’t finish, but I have Ultra Moon, and maybe someday I will! It could go that you control it I play it, and it can still be counted as yours. Not right now, though, because I still have Ultra Moon save data and want to do a lot of stuff
Trust me, don't need that. I have a good group of plans for 2024. Big Plans.
Going to keep my fans in the dark, but I will see if I can make a movie poster for what I plan to do.

Back
Top Bottom