Unovia's Pokemon Y "Beauty" Run

What Kanto Starter Is The Most "Beautiful" In The Final Form?

• Total voters
Given power
Reaction score
Man why is this a nuzlocke? That said, it led me to a hilarious if macabre headcanon that your player character is so obsessed with beauty they release anything that takes enough wounds to be knocked out, because battle scars are just hideous. Good luck on this.

Author of Pokemon of the Week (Travelin' Dan)
Reaction score
Man why is this a nuzlocke? That said, it led me to a hilarious if macabre headcanon that your player character is so obsessed with beauty they release anything that takes enough wounds to be knocked out, because battle scars are just hideous. Good luck on this.
Honestly, it came to me when I was working this up, thinking, "This should be a nuzlocke", mainly because that is what I am doing right now. I also have another run scheduled after this one completes.
Lol on the suggestion, and thank you! :D

Log #17-Frost Cavern & Anistar City Gym New
Reaction score
After spending some time to build my team to Level 53 at the Battle Chateau (starting to get Gym Leaders to show up!), I raced to Frost Cavern. I hate the ice sliding and ice puzzles, but after a while, I got to the Team Flare encounter, beating them soundly, then escape roping out of there. As a result, I got access to the Mamoswine Riding, quickly getting to Anistar City. My rival wanted me to fight them again, and I dispatched him.

Going into Anistar Gym, I was a bit concerned about the Gym and being able to change out to my three Pokemon, but after training through, I was fine. For the battle against Olympia, I used Raichu, Sylveon, and Aurorus. First was Raichu vs. Sigilyph, Raichu beating it. Same with Raichu vs. Slowking. Raichu got a 2 OHKO knockouts. When Olympia changed to Meowstic (Really would have been nice to have her have both the Male and Female one), I changed to Aurorus, who kept trying to freeze Meowstic while it kept setting up with Calm Mind. Calm Mind, if it is allowed to set up, can be devastating. Eventually, Aurorus did end up freezing Meowstic. I think that was the first time I saw a Gym Leader's Pokemon freeze, but can't be sure. I thought maybe I could beat Meowstic while it was frozen. Feeling I was not getting anywhere using Aurorus because Olympia kept using Hyper Potions, I switched to Sylveon. The turn I switched out, Meowstic thawed out. To finish, I used Dazzling Gleam and Moon Blast to win. Olympia gave me my badge, then teleported me to the entrance.

My Team:
Venusaur-Lv.56
Raichu-Lv.56
Delphox-Lv.56
Sylveon-Lv.56
Aurorus-Lv.56
Swanna-Lv.56

Leaving Anistar Gym, I got the notice from Lysandre about the Ultimate Weapon. Looks like I am about to do my least favorite part of the game, Lysandre Labs. See you soon!

Log #18-Lysandre Labs New
Reaction score
Oh boy! Here is my least favorite part of X and Y...Lysandre Labs. Why? I just don't like warp panels and directional arrows. Plus, without a map, it is really hard to know where panels and directions really lead. By the time I went around and cleared it out, I gained 3 levels, going to level 59. This is the highest level I have ever done this stage, and thank goodness I did, because I could just crush everything. At the beginning of the labs, I crushed Lysandre, which is normally a tough fight. I then cleared out everything, including the Xerosic fight and Lysandre a second time.

Did all of that, just to see the "Poisonous Flower" of the Ultimate Weapon. Now I have to beat the bushes and clear out the top secret headquarters, which will be fun. Luckily, I will get the best prize after that, Yveltal. I never use it, but my biggest wondering is how to go and catch it? Let's explore what comes ahead with Yveltal, its typing, and the Pokemon I should use. Yveltal is a Dark and Flying Type. The one in game begins at level 50.

Yveltal
Types: Dark & Flying
Level: 50
Weak To: Rock, Electric, Ice, & Fairy (x2)
Immune To: Ground & Psychic
Pokemon to which this applies: Aurorus, Raichu, and Sylveon

We will see how this goes. It will take a bit to figure out how to catch it, but it should be pretty easy, especially since my team is stronger than most teams right now. Clearing out the HQ next time!

My Team:
Venusaur-Lv.59
Raichu-Lv.59
Delphox-Lv.59
Sylveon-Lv.59
Aurorus-Lv.59
Swanna-Lv.59

Log #19-Yveltal & The Weapon of Destruction New
Reaction score
The Team Flare Headquarters was extensive. I was surprised how many Team Flare grunts there were. Yes, I know it was there base, but still. Anyway, after clearing all of them out (with a few close calls of faints on my end), I finally got to Yveltal. Catching the Legendary was going to be tricky, mainly because my team was a bit higher than Yveltal, and in game, you HAVE TO CATCH IT TO MOVE ON! On top of that, the final battle with Lysandre would come immediately after. The cutscene began, completed, and it was time to face down the Destruction Pokemon. I was a little nervous, I will admit I was a bit nervous. One quick ball later, I captured Yveltal (I actually played it out at first, and the quick ball was 3 shakes and the Y Bird broke out, leading to a soft reset and a second try). I sent Yveltal back to the boxes (though clearly, the game wants you to use Yveltal in the battle with Lysandre).

Then came the battle with Lysandre. The last fight, the last hurrah for Team Flare. I opened with Aurorus (due to me having it set for my battle with Yveltal), and promptly switched to Swanna, which took out his Mienshao. He switched to Pyroar, and Swanna crushed it. Lysandre changed to Honchkrow, and I changed to Raichu to shock it. Then came Lysandre's Gyrados, which was Mega Evolved. In that final fight, I switched to Sylveon. This was one reason I wanted Sylveon, since I know Mega Gyrados is Water & Dark and the Fairy moves would easily beat it, which it did. Lysandre defeated, I left with my friends to save ourselves from the collapsing Ultimate Weapon.

With Team Flare defeated, I got ready to continue my journey, heading back to Anistar City.

My Team:
Venusaur-Lv.61
Raichu-Lv.61
Delphox-Lv.61
Sylveon-Lv.61
Aurorus-Lv.61
Swanna-Lv.61

The next log will be through to Snowbelle City. See you soon!

Log #20-Couriway Town, Snowbelle City, and Hunting Down Wulfric New
Reaction score
Moving south of Anistar City, I played through Route 18, stopping through Terminus Cave in an attempt to get Shadow Ball for Sylveon. I couldn't figure it out on this trip, but I will before the Elite 4, so I am not too worried. Sidestepping that quest for now, I moved on to Couriway Town and battled Sycamore. He wasn't even a challenge. After the battle, I rode into Route 19, into another swampy area. Slogging through the swamp, I fought all of the trainers. The three battles with my friends were a bit challenging, due to the fact that I didn't know what I could expect as far as the teams, but I persevered, getting Waterfall.

With the battles completed, I got into Snowbelle City. The frozen city always makes me want to go shopping for something warmer, so as soon as I reached the city, I flew around to the different shops and got a very cute and pink outfit. It looks really good. I thought I deserved a clothing reward for as far as I got so far, since I am going to carry this image until I can get into the upscale Lumiose shop. Flying back to Snowbelle City, the next quest was to find Wulfric in the Winding Woods. I hate doing the Winding Woods quest because of how hard it is to keep track of where I am and where I am going. Eventually, I found the right road and got to Pokemon Village, convincing Wulfric to get his jacketed self to his gym to finish this.

Flying back to Snowbelle, I stood in front of the Gym, ready to take down the last Gym of the game. One more to go before Elite 4 and Champion!

My Team:
Venusaur-Lv.65
Raichu-Lv.65
Delphox-Lv.65
Sylveon-Lv.65
Aurorus-Lv.65
Swanna-Lv.65

Log #21-Snowbelle Gym & Gym Leaders In Review New
Reaction score
Snowbelle Gym. The last Gym of the game. The gym puzzle was challenging, all of those rotating pieces. It was certainly innovative. The trainers were not too hard, considering I was a solid 10 levels higher than they were. Switching out my team afterward, I took on Wulfric with my Delphox, Raichu, and Aurorus, wth Aurorus being there to counter any Hail situations. In the end, Delphox swept him with no struggle at all. More HP was lost through hail damage than anything else, though Cryogonal was a little more defensive than even Avalugg. Now, it's just a little bit of time to the Elite 4. Getting down to the final push folks!

My Team:
Venusaur-Lv.66
Raichu-Lv.66
Delphox-Lv.66
Sylveon-Lv.66
Aurorus-Lv.66
Swanna-Lv.65

While I am here, might I just take a moment to review the Gym Leaders? Ok, so here goes...
Kalos Gym Leaders In Review

Viola-Not a challenge at all. Her main gimmick was Infestation, which she didn't even use.

Grant-His team of the two dinos was well balanced, and was the Gym Leader that, if I had not gotten a lucky speed increase, could have swept me. Not too bad. Only Gym Leader to beat one of my team members, so I guess that is something.

Korrina-Could have been a real challenge, if she had included her Lucario as part of her team. Her Hawlucha was a major threat though, but if you have the ability to outspeed, it's done. They could have had the whole "Mega Evolution" fight before the Gym, then have her have her Lucario Mega Evolved in the Gym and if you didn't use it yourself, you could have gotten swept, but oh well.

Ramos-His Gym puzzle was more of a challenge than he was. His Weepinbell poisoned me on it's way out. Don't know why he couldn't have had a Mega Venusaur. It would have fit him, considering he had the ability to poison and his main type was Grass.

Clemont-His Gym was a disappointment, and his team was disappointing. The only thing that kept him going was the fact his Magneton had Sturdy, which I triggered three times before the thing fainted. Could have had a Mega Manetric. Would have allowed him to withstand the battle a bit longer. Shame. My favorite type too.

Valerie-Her Gym puzzle was more of a challenge than she was, with all of those warp panels. She even had a Pokemon that could Mega Evolve, Mawile. Instead, it was dirt weak. Her Mr. Mime was more of a problem than her Sylveon was, and considering that Sylveon is supposed to be the major threat of her team, it was a sad way to bring in a type that can be a problem, even now.

Olympia-Her Gym puzzle was more of a challenge than she was. A Mega Medicham would have helped her, especially since she talks about psychic powers. Or she could have had a Mega Alakazam. I would have also liked to have her have both Meowstic, as I have mentioned before. She had them both in the anime.

Wulfric-His Gym puzzle was more of a challenge than he was. He was another Gym Leader that could have had a Mega Evolution. After all, he had a Mega Abomasnow in the anime, you had to save a Mega Evolution capable Abomasnow in the Frost Cavern, and it shows up inside of Snowbelle City. On top of that, he only had 3 Pokemon. 3 Pokemon, for an 8th Gym Leader, where you had just beaten Lysandre, who had a MEGA EVOLUTION! His team was high 50's, which had the potential to do so much, but just failed at it.

Ok, so with the review concluded, what am I going to do now? The Kalos Victory Road requires Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, and Waterfall. I think I will train up Linoone (Rock Smash & Strength) and Lapras (Surf & Waterfall) in the Battle Chateau until they are near the level of the main team, then tackle the Victory Road. The next posting will be Victory Road up to the Elite 4. See you all soon!

Last edited:
Log #22-Building A Second Team New
Reaction score
Hey Folks!
So, as I have been training up my other Pokemon through the Battle Chateau, I came to a thought...building a second team for the purpose of going through the Victory Road. These Pokemon will be:
Skunktank:
Currently a Stunky at Lv.25. Will not evolve it to a Skunktank until Lv.37, after Stunky learns Night Slash. Then will train it up until Lv.60 (+23 after evolution)
Meowstic (x2):
Currently Lv.25. Both Male and Female. Will train them both up until Lv.60 (+35 after evolution)
Florges:
Currently a Floette at Lv.38. Will evolve to Florges at Lv.46, after Floette learns Moon Blast. Will train it up until Lv.60 (+14 after evolution)
Lapras:
Currently Lv.30. Will train it up until Lv.60 (+30 from current point)
Linoone:
Currently Lv.46. Will train it up until Lv.60 (+14 from current point)

My Plans:
Stage 1: Get the team to level 50 using switch training with Main Team.
Stage 2: Train as Second Team until Level 60 through the Battle Chateau.
Stage 3: Use Second Team to find Shadow Ball on Route 18 and to complete Victory Road, since both Lapras and Linoone are going to be my HM users.
Stage 4: Use Main Team to beat the Elite 4 and Champion, while using Secondary Team to catch any Legendaries and completing anything missing until all Legendaries are caught.