• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Silver Playthrough

Log #40-Misty (Gym #11)
Ok. We have made it to the battle with Misty. The trainers are in position (the Gym was empty while we dealt with the Machine Part Quest), and now we can go fight! I finished training Crobat to Level 53 and gave Typhlosion some experience on the trainers. Ampharos and Gyarados were the main fighters when it came to Misty herself.

MistyEP.png

This was mostly a party for Ampharos, who came out to battle the majority of the fight. She opened with Golduck (Level 42). Golduck fell to a Thunder Punch. Changing tactics, Misty brought out Quagsire (Level 42), the one I had no real answer for. I switched to Gyarados, who I knew couldn't really damage Quagsire, and Quagsire couldn't stop Gyarados with it's most damaging attack, Earthquake. I decided to fire off a Hyper Beam, leading to a brute force OHKO. I then changed back to Ampharos to OHKO Lapras (Level 44). Starmie tanked a Thunder Punch and fired back with a Surf, which did some damage to Ampharos. One last Thunder Punch and it was over! I beat Misty and claimed my 11th Badge!

After this battle, my Team was:
Ampharos (Level 53)
Gyarados (Level 53)
Typhlosion (Level 53)
Donphan (Level 53)
Beedrill (Level 53)
Crobat (Level 53)

In the next Log, we will go from Cerulean to Celadon City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Logs #41 & #42-Adventures In Celadon
Log #41-Cerulean to Celadon
Having beaten Misty, I traveled south on the bike path, bypassing the Daycare. I arrived at Saffron City. With nothing to do here, I traveled west on Route 7. There are no trainers here, and it was just a travel path. I found myself easily in Celadon City. Honestly, I thought the route would be more detailed, but I guess not. I took some time to heal and then explored around the town. The two places I focused on were the Celadon Mansion & the Department Store. There is a Spell Tag in the place where the Eevee was in Generation I, but since I can't get it until it is dark, due to needing to listen to a scary story, I will collect it on my way out of town.

Log #42-The Mansion & The Store
The Celadon Department Store is similar to the Goldenrod Department Store. There are a lot of vending machines at the top of the Department Store. I basically tagged this place for later, when I need more potions, if I do. Other than the "Eevee Room", the Celadon Mansion had basically the same woman living there, and the Game Freak people were still working away. Not too much has changed here in 3 Years, other than Team Rocket not being here, thank goodness.

In the next Log, we will take on Erika, which is sadly the only thing left to really do here. Until the next time, we will see you!

In the next Log, we will take on Erika, which is sadly the only thing left to really do here. Until the next time, we will see you!
Looking at your team at this point, you will be fine. You got three Pokémon that are strong against grass (2 of which quad resist grass type moves).

Log #43-Erika (Gym #12)
Thank goodness Beedrill still has Cut so I could cut the tree that blocks access to the front of the Gym. There is still the creepy old dude outside the Gym, talking about how the Gym is great because there are a lot of girls here. I prepared Typhlosion, Beedrill, and Crobat for this Gym, as they are the most beneficial here. I used Typhlosion and Beedrill to get through the trainers. Typhlosion got to Level 54, and I didn't want to over level, so Beedrill and Crobat would take on Erika.

275-2754243_pokemon-gym-leader-erika-hd-png-download.png

Speaking of Erika, she was a bit of a challenge. He Pokemon are very bulky, meaning that OHKOs are not very likely before you get hit. She opened with Tangela (Level 42) and I opened with Beedrill. Tangela was actually able to move first, using Bind. Twinnedle took out Tangela, though it was a bit slow in doing so. Next came Victreebel (Level 46), who was bulky as heck! Went down slowly, but not before being able to set up Sunny Day. This meant that Bellossom (Level 46) was able to hit Beedrill with a boosted Solar beam. Still, Beedrill took out Bellossom, getting to Level 54 in the process. Beedrill was a bit tired, so I changed to Crobat for Jumpluff (Level 41). One Wing Attack, and Jumpluff was down. I got my 12th Badge, and can now move on, once I get my Spell Tag.

After this battle, my Team:
Typhlosion (Level 54)
Beedrill (Level 54)
Ampharos (Level 53)
Donphan (Level 53)
Gyarados (Level 53)
Crobat (Level 53)

In the next Log, we will take on Routes 16, 17, & 18, or the "Cycling Road" Routes. Until the next time, we will see you!

Looking at your team at this point, you will be fine. You got three Pokémon that are strong against grass (2 of which quad resist grass type moves).
This team is really good for the Kanto side of the quest. We were a bit challenged during the Elite Four, but once we got through to Kanto, there have not been too many problems.

Log #44-The Biking Routes
The Biking Routes are Routes 16, 17, and 18, or the path between Celadon & Fuchsia Cities. There are not a lot of trainers here, like only a few Bikers. I cleared them out easily, with Routes 17 & 18 having the trainers. Once I cleared them out, only Gyarados & Crobat were still Level 53. This will be significant later during the next Gym Battle. I also checked out Fuchsia City. The most significant location that is missing here is the Safari Zone. Those of us that got through the Safari Zone in Gen 1 (like me!) were kinda happy to see it gone. After all, it's lead to so much drama! The main thing to do here is to go take on the next Gym. Until the next time, we will see you!

Blue is between Levels 56 & 58.
Lance is Level 50.
Makes sense if you think about it. He did beat Lance, so him being stronger makes sense. Plus (in the gen 2 games anyway), his entire team is composed of the non-starter Pokémon that he can have:
He always as Pidgeot, Rhydon, and Alakazam.
The other three consists of Arcanine, Exeggutor, and Gyarados, with the starter replacing the Pokémon of the same type

Log #45-Janine (Gym #13)
Janine.png

Janine is the daughter of Koga, the former Gym Leader and current Elite Four Member. When Koga elevated, he had trained Janine up, and it showed! Her Gym was very tough to go through. Koga's walls were still up. In addition, she had her trainers dressed as her, which lead to an even more confusing challenge. It was hard to know which one was Janine (the one in the left center of the room). I used Gyarados and Crobat to clear out the Gym. Eventually, I found Janine (kinda stumbled into her!). She opened with Crobat (Level 36), and I decided to do an honor fight. I just had to use one Wing Attack, and it was done. She then sent out the first of her two Weezings (Level 36), which I switched out to Gyarados for. I Hyper Beamed it, and it fell. Gyarados got to Level 54, and I decided to stay with Crobat for the rest of the fight. Crobat faced the next Weezing (Level 36), hitting with Fly, getting hit by Sludge Bomb, and finishing the fight with Wing Attack. Her Ariados (Level 33) and Venomoth (Level 39) both fell with Wing Attacks in OHKOs. I now had my 13th Badge!

After this Gym, my Team was:
Typhlosion (Level 54)
Beedrill (Level 54)
Donphan (Level 54)
Ampharos (Level 54)
Gyarados (Level 54)
Crobat (Level 53)

In the next Log, we will take on 5 Routes. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #46-Routes 15, 14, 13, 12, & 11
Heading east from Fuchsia City, I took out trainers in Routes 15, there are 6 Trainers. Route 14 has two paths, and if you want to take on all of the trainers, there are 3, it is advisable to check out both roadways. Route 14 turns north, finding us on Route 13. Route 13 has a lot of fencing, and 6 trainers. It is hard to find them all and figure out which direction to go. Should that be successful, I traveled east, then north, onto Route 12.

Silence Bridge.jpg

Route 12 is also known as Silence Bridge. In Generation 1, this is one of the locations where Snorlax can be found. Thankfully, that is not the case now. There are quite a few fishermen here though. Even though we cleared them all, my team was steadily getting tired, and I was desperately needing healing. Luckily, I was able to take a moment and stop at Lavender Town. Once I healed, I headed south back onto Route 12, then headed west onto Route 11. I then cleared out all of those trainers, arriving back at Vermilion City. I healed there too. At this point, I decided to end the Log. In the next Log, we will take on Diglett's Cave and Route 2, finding our way to Pewter City. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #47-Diglett's Cave
Diglett's Cave.jpg

Leaving Vermilion, I headed into Diglett's Cave, expecting it to be pitch black, but it wasn't too bad. Diglett's Cave was just a passing road, leading me onto Route 2, where there were a couple Bug Catchers and a guy who gave me a Nugget. It is too bad that there is no Viridian Forest. I got a little mixed up, eventually finding my way to Pewter City, site of the next Gym. In the next Log, we will take on the Pewter Gym. Until the next time, we will see you!

Something tells me Brock will give you some trouble.
Yeah, he might, since most of my Team is very weak to Ground & Rock Types. I know he also has some Rock & Water Types. To get advantage, I need to use Donphan (which all 5 are weak to), Gyarados (which 3 are weak to), and Ampharos (which 2 are weak to). Regardless, it is going to be a very difficult match, probably the most difficult Gym so far in Kanto.

Log #48-Brock (Gym #14)
Looking around Pewter City, it was a bit disappointing. The Pewter Museum wasn't really accessible, and there wasn't anything I could really do here. I traveled to Pewter Gym. I know this Gym was predicted to be tough. If my team was at the same Level (Level 55), I would use Pokemon like Donphan, Ampharos, & Gyarados. However, because I was focused on not over leveling the obvious battlers here, I ended up using a unique duo, Gyarados & Crobat. I know, shocking, but stick with me. Let's go!

DP-Brock.png

I beat the trainer buddy with Gyarados, preparing to take Brock on. I opened with Gyarados against Graveler (Level 41). One Surf, and an OHKO. Next came Omastar (Level 42), one of the two Pokemon you have to watch for in this fight. Surprisingly, I sent out Crobat. Crobat essentially stalled out Omastar, but Omastar used Surf and Spike Cannon against Crobat using Wing Attack and Bite. Crobat came out on top, and got to Level 55. I had to hurry and get Crobat out, switching back to Gyarados. Onix (Level 44) was OHKOed by Surf. Next came Kabutops (Level 42), who is Super Dangerous to any Water Type that you might use against Brock, since it can use Giga Drain, Fantastic coverage! My Gyarados came out to battle Kabutops, since I pretty much stall it out. I just simply used Hyper Beam, which has become my utility attack when I get stuck. Kabutops was beaten in an OHKO. I finished his Rhyhorn (Level 41) in a single Surf. I now have my 14th Badge!

My Team after this was:
Typhlosion (Level 55)
Beedrill (Level 55)
Donphan (Level 55)
Ampharos (Level 55)
Gyarados (Level 55)
Crobat (Level 55)

What to do now? I initially planned to go after Ho-Oh due to getting the Rainbow Wing within Pewter City. The problem is that Ho-Oh is Level 70! I thought about maybe training on the Elite Four until my team was ready to hunt Ho-Oh, but I actually want to have my Team naturally level up (as much as possible) at least until I beat the Gyms and have to get ready for Red. We will be continuing the story for a while yet. In the next Log, we will be going through Mt. Moon. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #49-Mt. Moon
Going east from Pewter City, I used Typhlosion to clear out the trainers (there are 4), which brought Typhlosion to Level 56. I didn't know whether Mt. Moon would be pitch black, but I decided to risk it. Thank goodness I didn't have to bring Electrode to light the cave, because I was battling Silver as soon as I came into the cave! I opened with Typhlosion against his Sneasel (Level 41), who fell to Fire Punch. This battle triggered elevation to Level 56. I changed my Pokemon to Beedrill as Silver changed to Feraligatr (Level 45). The battle went back and forth, with Beedrill coming out on top. His Golbat (Level 42) eventually took down Beedrill, and I sent out Donphan. One Rollout took Golbat down. Alakazam (Level 43), Magneton (Level 41), and Gengar (Level 43) all went down to Rollout. Having beaten Silver, I passed through Mt. Moon and Route 4, ending in Cerulean. In the next Log, we will set up to go back to Pewter City to travel to Viridian & Pallet Town. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #50-Viridian City & Pallet Town
From Pewter City, I traveled south, through what constitutes Viridian Forest. There is not much of a forest, especially considering what it was in Generation I.

Viridian Forest.jpg

Once I crossed through this sad forest, I arrived in Viridian City. There is a Gym here, but I can't go to it right now. Team Rocket doesn't run it anymore. Giovanni broke Team Rocket and gave up the Gym, so the question is who the Gym Leader is now. I continued south, not stopping until I hit Pallet Town. Here, I met up with Professor Oak, who promised to give me something special once I get the last Kanto badges. I also met the mother of a Legend, Red. She was upset that she has not seen her son in 3 Years.

In the next Log, we will go even further south, going on Route 21, stopping at Cinnabar Island. Until the next time, we will see you.

Log #51-Route 21 & Cinnabar Island
200px-Kanto_Route_21_HGSS.png
Continuing south, I surfed through Route 21, which features quite a few spots of land in a sea of blue. This is a long path that makes you realize how much water is in southern Kanto! I eventually arrived at Cinnabar Island. It was a lot harder to get here in Generation 1!
Cinnabar Island.jpg
Arriving on Cinnabar Island, I was shocked at the barrenness of the location. Back in the time of Generation 1, Cinnabar Island was a lively location. Though my investigation of what happened here, it turned out that a volcano erupted, destroying most of the civilization on the island. I also ran into a guy named Blue, who was champion of Kanto for a short time, "until Red came up and beat him." He departed quickly, but encouraged me to battle him at the Viridian Gym. So he is the Gym Leader! What an interesting revelation! In the next Log, we will go to the Seafoam Islands and see what is there. There is no Gym at Cinnabar anymore, so maybe it is at Seafoam. Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom