• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Silver Playthrough

only team rocket does that with the game corner. none of the other evil teams run legitimate businesses, though i guess team plasma are legitimate activists.
What about Team Galactic or Team Flare? Both Cyrus & Lysandre are legitimate businessmen.

Log #21-Ice Path
It's been a bit since we last played on Silver, but when we last left our hero, he was about to take on the Ice Path. Ice Path is a bit of a challenge. Going into Ice Path, there are Strength Boulders, so I had to switch out my Sudowoodo for my Machoke, since it had Strength. It was very difficult to go through, and I tried following written instructions, which I was able to understand until the Strength Puzzles, which then lead me to a Youtube Video.

There were only 2 items of importance here, a Nevermeltice and HM07 Waterfall. Following the videos, I exited in Blackthorn City, then in the Pokemon Center, I returned Sudowoodo back into the team, dropping Machoke. In the next Log, we will go onto Route 45, where we plan to catch our Phanpy, our final team member, which will eventually replace Sudowoodo. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #22-Routes 45 & 46
Heading south from Blackthorn City, I moved onto Route 45. In the first patch of grass, I hunted for Phanpy, since I needed one for my final team. Little did I know that Phanphy has a 50% chance of Fleeing from battle. In Generation II, there are a handful of Pokemon that can flee.

1659310825570.png

Once I managed to catch Phanpy (Level 20), I flew back to Blackthorn, then swapped Sudowoodo for Phanpy. I then used the Experience Share and the 7 trainers to help boost Phanpy up to Level 23. Quilava became Typhlosion on Routes 45 & 46 as well. Continuing to train, I went back to Ice Path, where Phanpy became Donphan. It will take a bit to train up both Donphan as well as the rest of my team.

In the next Log, we will take on Clair for the 8th Badge. One final badge! Woohoo! I will have to take some time to train up, though hopefully not too long. This will be my team for Clair:

Donphan (Level 45)-Currently Level 26
Ampharos (Level 45)-Currently Level 36
Typhlosion (Level 45)-Currently Level 36
Beedrill (Level 45)-Currently Level 35
Gyarados (Level 45)-Currently Level 35
Crobat (Level 45)-Currently Level 35

Until next time, we will see you!

Log #23-Clair (Gym #8)
Ok, so my team was at Level 37 before the Gym. I know I said 45, but the grind is INSANE! There are no Pokemon to grind again that is higher than about Level 25, and the only place where you can get that Level is on Route 45, though most of my training was in Ice Path and in the area around the Lake of Rage.

Before I went into the Gym, I bought Fire Punch from the Goldenrod Department Store. I also gave Donphan Strength. Going into the Gym, the puzzle was very challenging. I needed a video to get through.

HeartGold_SoulSilver_Clair.png

Once I got to Clair, it was a very tough fight. I almost lost completely! I started with Donphan against her first Dragonair (Level 37). Donphan was able to beat it through Strength. When the second one (Level 37) came out, Donphan was quickly defeated. I sent out Ampharos, who managed to beat it, but fell to her third (Level 37). I brought out Typhlosion, who did some damage before falling. Gyarados beat it down, but now I was worried. Kingdra (Level 40) was still healthy, and I was running out of options. Gyarados did some quick damage before falling. I was down to Beedrill and Crobat. Beedrill managed to defeat Kingdra somehow, even though Twinneedle didn't ever cause poison damage.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I now reached my hand out for my 8th Badge, and Clair decided not to give it to me. The sore loser! She required me to go to the Dragon's Den and prove myself. In the next Log, we will explore the Dragon's Den. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #24-Dragon's Den & Tohjo Falls
Dragon's Den.jpg

Before I went into Dragon's Den, I gave Waterfall to Gyarados and Whirlpool to Quagsire. Unfortunately, in Silver, there isn't much here. There are no trainers, no monks in the building, nothing. You can't even get the Extremespeed Dratini here. The only thing to do here is find the Dragon Fang. I was a bit frustrated because it was a bit hard to find, but I did, giving it to Gyarados since it has Dragon Rage. Clair met with me, giving me the Rising Badge finally and left.

Tohjo Falls.jpg

I then left myself, depositing Quagsire, bringing back Crobat, and heading back home. Professor Elm gave me the Master Ball as recognition for getting the badges. I left home again, heading east on Route 27 & 26. I battled 11 trainers, with my team sitting close to Level 40, and crossing over Tohjo Falls in the process. We are now sort of in Kanto, but we still have to beat the Victory Road and eventually the Pokemon League.

In the next Log, which will take a bit since we will be training up to Level 45 or so, we will go challenge the Victory Road and beat Silver, our Rival. Until the next time, we will see you!

Future Logs!
Hey Folks! I know I have not posted to this one in a while, mainly focused on Red, but now that the "Red Origins Run" has been completed, I have been going back to Silver. With that said, I have decided to post some of the titles for the next few Logs so that you can figure out the direction we are moving. Also, if you want to check out the (now completed) Red Origins Run, I am going to include a link to it here:

Here is the List for the future Logs:
Log #25-Victory Road
Log #26-The Whirl Islands & Lugia
Log #27-Hunting the Legendary Beasts
Log #28-Elite Four

My team is currently almost at the goal of Level 45, so it should not be too long before I am posting here again. I just wanted to post so you all knew that the challenge has not ended, and will be continuing. After all, the game is not done until we get to Mt. Silver and beat Red, so there you go.

Log #25-Victory Road
My Team Is The Following:
Typhlosion (Level 45)
Beedrill (Level 45)
Donphan (Level 45)
Ampharos (Level 45)
Gyarados (Level 45)
Crobat (Level 45)

Ok, so the Victory Road didn't take that long to go through, the ladders were not that hard to find, and shortly after beginning to go through Victory Road, I found the end of the path. Suddenly, Silver came to battle me, determined that he, not I, was the stronger trainer. It was time to beat him down! He opened with Sneasel (Level 34) and I opened with Typhlosion. One Fire Punch took it down, an OHKO. He then brought out Feraligatr (Level 38), and I switched to Ampharos. One ThunderPunch took down Feraligatr in an OHKO. He sent out Magneton (Level 35), and I switched back to Typhlosion. One Fire Punch, another OHKO. He then sent out Golbat (Level 36). I looked at my Team. The obvious battle was to use Ampharos, but I decided to do an "Honor Battle" with Crobat. Golbat was hit by Wing Attack, then used Confuse Ray. Crobat managed to attack through Confusion, doing another Wing Attack, finishing Golbat. Next came Kadabra (Level 35) and I used Beedrill, hoping I would have the speed to take it down. One Twinneedle took it down. Down to his last Pokemon, he sent out Haunter (Level 35), and I changed to Donphan. Now, if I had leveled up to Level 49, Donphan would have had Earthquake, but even though it was not leveled up, I decided to use it anyway. Haunter was hit by a Rollout, then Cursed Donphan, though Donphan hit another Rollout shot, ending that fight. Defeated, Silver left. I then finished my journey into the Pokemon League Pokemon Center.

In the next Log, we will be backtracking to the Whirl Islands to catch Lugia because I think we should be able to clear the Legendaries (for the most part) before moving on to the battles with the Elite Four. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #26-The Whirl Islands & Lugia

249Lugia_OS_anime.png
I used this video to find Lugia:

Before I went to catch Lugia, I needed the following:
-A Pokemon that could paralyze (Ampharos)
-A Pokemon that could use Surf (Gyarados)
-A Pokemon that could use Whirlpool (Quagsire)
-A Pokemon that could Fly (Crobat)
-A Pokemon that could use Flash (Electrode)
-Escape Ropes (x3)-Just in case
-Ultra Balls (x 11)

It took a bit to get there, but I got there following the above video, which lead me to Lugia. Lugia is a VERY DIFFICULT CAPTURE! It took quite a few attempts to get it captured, but I eventually did. Lugia captured, I escaped, then saved the game.

Right now, I am sitting outside the Whirl Islands, but in the next Log, we will begin to release, then hunt down, the Legendary Beasts...all 3 of them. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #27-The Legend of Thunder
243Raikou_OS_anime.png
Over the last week, I have tried to get the three Legendary Beasts, and of those, the only one that has really cooperated was Raikou, the Legend of Thunder. I ran into Suicune and it did not work for me, and I did not run into Entei. I want to move on, so I decided I am going to, since Raikou was the only one that was important to Ethan's story. My basic rule for my runs is "if it is not fun to do, I am not going to do it", and the Beast Hunt is not worth it unless I want to struggle for it for over a month or more. When I ran into Raikou, I Masterballed it immediately, since there are only a few Pokemon that could fulfill the proper use of the Master Ball, and Raikou is the best one
For those that want me to focus on the Beasts, I may do that as part of another run in Johto. For now, I am not interested.
In the next Log, we will be taking on the Johto Elite Four. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #28-Elite Four
Here we go! I tried the Elite Four at Level 45, and I got very close (got down to Lance's Dragonites), but I could not get past them. When that happened, I pulled back to get to Level 50, then I decided to try again. If it had failed, I would have stepped back to Level 60.
Let's Go!

Johto Elite Four.jpg
Battle #1-Will
He opened with Xatu (Level 40) and I opened with Ampharos. One Thunder Punch was an OHKO. Next came Jynx (Level 41) and I switched to Typhlosion. One Fire Punch ended that fight. Next came Slowbro (Level 41), and I change back to Ampharos. One Thunder Punch ended that fight. Next was Exeggutor (Level 41), and I switched to Typhlosion. One Fire Punch ended that. Down to his last Pokemon, he brought out his second Xatu (Level 42), and I switched back to Ampharos. This Xatu was a bit more challenging, able to move faster, hitting with Confuse Ray and Psychic. Once I got past the Confusion, Ampharos did a single Thunder Punch and it ended. One battle down.
Battle #2-Koga
Going to Koga, I admit that he is worth admiration. After all, he started as a Gym Leader and is now a part of the Elite Four. I opened with Typhlosion against Ariados (Level 40). One Fire Punch took it out. Next was Forretress (Level 43). One Fire Punch. Next was Muk (Level 42). It was at this point during my trial run that I started having issues, since Donphan didn't have Earthquake at the time. One Earthquake ended Muk. Koga sent out Venomoth (Level 41) and I brought Typhlosion back out. One Fire Punch. Finally was Crobat (Level 44). This thing can cause problems due to its speed. I sent out Ampharos, and after dealing with a Double Team, Ampharos did a Thunder Punch, ending that fight. Two battles down.
Battle #3-Bruno
I set up Crobat for this fight. Bruno began with Hitmontop (Level 42). Oddly, it was able to hit with Quick Attack first, though it still went down to Wing Attack. Hitmonchan (Level 42) also fell to a Wing Attack. Changing tactics, he changed to Onix (Level 43), and I changed to Gyarados. One Surf took it out. Next came his Machamp (Level 46), which tanked a Wing Attack from Crobat, then fired back with a Rock Slide, which almost took out Crobat, but Crobat hung on, hitting another Wing Attack, taking out Machamp. Crobat was still weak, but it quickly took out Hitmonlee (Level 42) with Wing Attack. Three battles down.
Battle #4-Karen
She opened with Umbreon (Level 42), and I opened with Beedrill. This was the fight I had prepared Beedrill for. Umbreon hit with Faint Attack, and Beedrill fired back with Twinneedle, defeating Umbreon. Next came her Houndoom (Level 47), which I changed to Gyarados for. I hit with Surf, it fired back with Flamethrower, then I used Waterfall to beat it. Next came Vileplume (Level 42), and I changed to Typhlosion. One Fire Punch. I changed to Donphan against her Gengar (Level 45). Gengar Licked Donphan, Paralyzing it. Donphan was able to use Earthquake, ending Gengar. Finally was Murkrow (Level 44), which I took out using Ampharos. Karen was done, and with it, the Elite Four.
Lance_anime.png
I had one more challenge to face, Lance. I started with Ampharos against his Gyarados (Level 44). One Thunder Punch took it out. Next came his first Dragonite (Level 47), which I sent Donphan out for. I accidentally used Earthquake, which I was hit with Hyper Beam for. I managed to get it out using Rollout. The next Dragonite (Level 47) took a major hit from Rollout, but then beat Donphan using Twister. I sent out Gyarados, using Hyper Beam to finish the Dragonite. Next came his last one (Level 50), and there was a back and forth between Hyper Beam and Outrage. Eventually Gyarados beat Dragonite, assuring me the win. Next came Aerodactyl (Level 46) and Ampharos Thunder Punched, leading to an OHKO. Charizard (Level 46) was his last effort, and used Flamethrower. Ampharos finished with Thunder Punch, leading to a last OHKO. I finished Lance, the credits rolled, and I got back home. In the next Log, we begin the Kanto part of the journey! Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #29-S. S. Aqua
From New Bark Town, I deposited all of my money with Mom, then met up with Elm, who gave me a ticket to the S. S. Aqua, which travels back and forth from Olivine to Vermillion. Now with the ticket, I flew to Olivine. I got on the ship, and off I went!

SS_Aqua_HGSS.png
On the ship, there are 2 Quests and a lot of trainers. Luckily, there is a cabin where you can heal, making the ship a lot easier.
Quest #1-Find The Lazy Sailor!
Quest #2-Find The Missing Girl!

You can't complete finding the missing girl until you find the Lazy Sailor, since his sailor buddy blocks your path. After you battle the sailor, he goes back to work, allowing you to find the missing girl, who has been hanging out with the Captain. Grateful, the gentleman gives you the Metal Coat as a reward. After completing the quests, you are offered the ability to disembark at Vermillion. I felt it was important to heal first. Welcome to Kanto! In the next Log, we will explore Vermillion City and take on Lt. Surge in our first Kanto Gym battle. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #30-Lt. Surge (Gym #9)
1357849-heartgold_soulsilver_lt_surge.png
Leaving the S. S. Aqua, I walked around Vermillion City, checking out what was there. It was my first steps in a Kanto City. After I met with the Pokemon Club Chairman, I decided to take on the local Gym. My Team was Level 51 after training on the S. S. Aqua. For Surge, I used Donphan and Typhlosion. Apparently, the trash cans were not active, leaving the doors open. I beat the 3 trainers, allowing me to go to Surge.
Lt. Surge
I opened with Donphan against Raichu (Level 44). Raichu was able to use Quick Attack, but an Earthquake took it out. The first Electrode (Level 40) used a combination of Double Team & Swift to fight Donphan, but eventually Donphan beat it with Earthquake. Next came Magneton (Level 40), and I switched to Typhlosion, which used Fire Punch. The next Electrode (Level 40) came out and stalled out Donphan, but Donphan used a combination of Earthquake and Rollout to take it down. At this point, Donphan was almost out, and I got nervous. Rollout was on a roll when Electabuzz (Level 46) came out, and the Rollout attack took it out, winning me the battle.

After this battle, my team was:
Donphan (Level 52)
Typhlosion (Level 52)
Ampharos (Level 51)
Beedrill (Level 51)
Gyarados (Level 51)
Crobat (Level 51)

In the next Log, we will head north, since the area east has a Snorlax. I hope to eventually capture it. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #31-Sabrina (Gym #10)
From Vermillion City, I traveled north onto Route 6. I couldn't use the Underground Path due to the Underground not having power. This is a serious issue for the Region! From Route 6, I crossed into Saffron City. This is the largest city in Kanto.

Copycat.jpg
One of the first places I came to in Saffron was the Copycat house. There is nothing to do here right now, though she is kinda strange, being able to mimic others. Also while I was checking things out, I went to Mr. Psychic's house, the Silph Co. Building, and the Fighting Dojo. Apparently, this was the Gym of Saffron before, and the Karate King is not in Kanto, meaning the Dojo is shut down.
Sabrina.jpg
Having seen all of Saffron (at least for now), I decided to take on the next Gym, the Saffron Gym. For Sabrina's Gym, I used Beedrill and Crobat. Her Gym has Warp Panels, which were a bit difficult to navigate. Ampharos was also used with some of the Gym Trainers. Time to take on Sabrina!
Sabrina
She opened with Espeon (Level 46) against Beedrill. Espeon fired off a Sand Attack, trying to stall out the accuracy. Beedrill used Twinneedle to take out Espeon. Mr. Mime (Level 46) suffered the same fate. When she sent out her Alakazam (Level 48), I switched to Crobat. Now, you might think "Why would you switch to a Poison Type to take on a Psychic Type?" Well, Crobat had Bite, and was also fast, so I thought I could dispatch Alakazam easily. Alakazam got hit with Bite, which almost defeated it (held on by a sliver!), and then it fired back with Psychic, which Crobat tanked. Sabrina healed it, and I thought about taking a "healing round". Instead, I decided to fight on, Biting Alakazam, which made it flinch. One more, and the battle was won. I now have my 10th Badge.

After this battle, my team was:
Donphan (Level 52)
Ampharos (Level 52)
Typhlosion (Level 52)
Beedrill (Level 52)
Gyarados (Level 51)
Crobat (Level 51)

In the next Log, we will head west on Route 8 to Lavender Town. Until the next time, we will see you!

Logs #32-#34-Route 8 to the Power Plant
Log #32-Route 8 & Lavender Town
Heading east from Saffron City, I biked on Route 8, taking on the Kanto Biker Federation. Clearing out the trainers, I headed into Lavender Town. Lavender Town is the home of Mr. Fuji and the Pokemon Tower. I also checked out the Kanto Radio Tower. Looking north, I prepared to go up through Route 10.

Rock Tunnel.jpg

Log #33-Route 10 & Rock Tunnel
Traveling north, I found myself on Route 10. Route 10 is a very busy Route, as there are two major elements. First, there is Rock Tunnel. Secondly, there is the Power Plant. For now, we headed into Rock Tunnel. Rock Tunnel is pitch black, and I was shocked to run into it. I backed out, placed Electrode in my party, since it had Flash, and got through Rock Tunnel. Rock Tunnel was not as hard to get through. It may have collapsed a bit, hard to say. I got through it easier than I expected.
Log #34-Route 9 to the Power Plant
Coming out of Rock Tunnel, I arrived on Route 9. In this area, there is a river which, when taken, leads to the Power Plant. At the Power Plant, there is chaos. Unfortunately, this power plant controls the power for all of the Region. As I walk into the Power Plant, I am asked to assist. I am glad to do so, since Kanto is in danger! With a new mission, I headed over to find the part to restore power. Where would it be? Considering that the nearby town is Cerulean, I decided to travel there in pursuit. In the next Log, we will restore the Power Plant. Until the next time, we will see you!

Logs #35-#39:Restoring the Power Plant to The Cottage & The Cape
Log #35-Restoring the Power Plant
Right now, the challenge is to figure out where the part for the Power Plant is. There are very few big locations in Cerulean, and the Gym seems like a beacon. Going into the Gym, I ran into a Rocket Grunt, who through broken English, told me that he had left the machine part in the Gym. He fled, and I chased him down, defeating him near the Nugget Bridge. With the guy gone, I headed back to the Gym. Now the big question is how to get the part. In Generation IV, it was a lot easier, since the part was visible. In Generation II, it isn't, requiring me to get the Drowsing Machine. The problem now is that I don't have the Drowsing Machine! I looked where I had to get it, and it's in a house next to the Ecruteak Gym. I flew back to Vermilion, then I had to wait to get on the S. S. Aqua again. I was able to battle all of the trainers on board, arriving in Olivine. From Olivine, I flew to Ecruteak, grabbed the Drowsing Machine, then tried to get back on the ship, only to find out that the ship would not sail for a few days. Looking for a way back to Kanto, I flew back home, then sailed to the border between Johto and Kanto. From there, I flew back to Cerulean. Thank goodness I had managed to open up most of Kanto for many flight locations! I arrived at Cerulean, setting the Drowsing Machine so I could use it and find the part. It took a bit of a search, but I did find it eventually. I left the Gym, then headed back to the Power Plant, giving the part back to them. The major quest of Kanto is done!
Log #36-The Lost Poke Doll
Copycat.jpg

Flying back to Saffron, I went to Copycat's House. She is missing her Poke Doll that she got from Red 3 Years ago. Apparently, it went missing when she and her family went to Vermilion City. Committing myself to finding it, I flew back to Vermilion City to begin my search. I headed to the Pokemon Fan Club, finding the doll in the possession of one of the people there. Upon hearing the story, he gave the doll back. I left the Fan Club, flying back to Saffron, giving the doll back to Copycat. In exchange, she gave me a Magnet Train Pass! Now, I don't have to use the S. S. Aqua to travel, and I don't have to fly to the Kanto-Johto Border. I flew to Lavender Town, getting the EXPN Card, which will allow me to get the Poke Flute Channel. Finding that I didn't have any Poke Balls of any type, I took the train from Saffron to Goldenrod, then flew to Blackthorn, buying some Ultra Balls. Flying back to Goldenrod, I took the train back to Saffron, then flew back to Vermilion. Phew, that was a lot of travel! What is next? It's Snorlax time!
Log #37-Hunting the Snorlax
Snorlax has been sleeping near Diglett's Cave for a while now, but until now, I had no way to wake it up.
600px-143Snorlax.png

I woke a very grumpy Snorlax up (Level 50). It is the only Snorlax in the game, making it important to be captured! I used Gyarados (Level 53) to capture it. Snorlax liked to stall out using Rest, Snore, and Leftovers, but I eventually lowered the HP enough using Hyper Beam. One Ultra Ball captured Snorlax, and it went into the box. With Snorlax captured, I am now unobstructed.
Log #38-Routes 24 & 25
Nugget Bridge.jpg

Flying back to Cerulean City, I traveled north, surprised to not see any trainers on the Nugget Bridge. They had moved their location a little bit, placing themselves onto Route 24 & 25 properly. There are 8 trainers here, 6 for the Bridge and 2 past it. I took out the trainers, making quite a bit of money, including getting a Nugget. Once I cleared all of the trainers, I found myself near the cape.
Log #39-The Cottage & The Cape
Once I got to the Cape, I apparently interrupted Misty on a date. The guy escaped, and an angry Misty attacked me, though it changed after seeing the badges. She went to the Gym, waiting for me to battle at the Gym. In the next Log, we will battle Misty for the next badge! Until the next time, we will see you!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom