• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Ultra Moon "Regional Variant" Run

What Starter Should I Pick For My Ultra Moon Run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad you continued, I would find it unfair that you have to finish a run just because you didn't have luck in one battle. Good luck in the Battle Royal, run by totally not Guzma.
Thank you for the support, and the support of the fans. I took some time to think about my next moves before I had decided to continue. It would have been unfair, you are right.

Log #14-Battle Royal & Wela Volcano Park Trial
I was a bit bored of the training, so I decided to attempt the Battle Royal at Lv.25. I used Diglett, facing off against Kukui's Rockruff, Hau's Bionne, and Gladion's Type:Null. The way that the Battle Royal worked (at least that one) was that if one Pokemon fainted, the battle was over. Kukui's Rockruff was the unlucky victim. Once it ended, Kiawe appeared, directing me to Wela Volcano Park, never mind that I have been there already. Uncertain of my level, I took some time to get my levels where I planned them.

Goal number 1 was getting Diglett to Dugtrio and Cubone to Marowak. Goal number 2 was to get my team to 27-28. When I achieved both goals, it was time to face Kiawe. Kiawe's trial was a remember the differences trial. Before I began the trial, I made sure to have both of them hold Quick Claws, just to get the upper hand on the Totem. Opening with Dugtrio (Gotta love the hair!), the first battle was with wild Marowak. I had a good feeling when I OHKOed the wild one. Next came Hiker David and his Magmar. I OHKOed Magmar, setting me in a good position.

Then came the Totem Marowak. The Marowak used Detect to block the first Bulldoze. Marowak is speedy, though I attribute that to the Aura. As soon as it blocked the Bulldoze, the Ally Salazzle came out to help. One Bulldoze OHKOed Salazzle and dropped the Totem Marowak down to half.The Marowak was alone. One Flame Wheel OHKOed Dugtrio. My own Marowak came out, and after first being blocked by Detect, my Marowak eventually used Bonemerang, toppling Totem Marowak. The rest of my team got boosted to Level 28, I got Firium Z and Ride Charizard as a reward.

With Totem Marowak defeated, I can finally relax a bit. Next log should be up to Mallow, though I can't be sure. See you on the next log.

My Team:
Dugtrio-Lv.28
Marowak-Lv.28
Pikachu-Lv.28
Raticate-Lv.28
Persian-Lv.28
Grimer-Lv.27

Log #15-Route 8, Jurassic Park, and Caring for a Vulpix
Yesterday, after beating Kiawe, I ran through the Route 8 Road, where I ran into the aliens again, battled some trainers, ran into a guy that wanted to create a literal Jurassic Park, tried to catch a runaway Wimpod, which I figured out I could only catch once I had Ride Sharpedo, then met up with an abused Alolan Vulpix, which I first met in Paniola Town. I decided to stay in the area to help it before moving onto Mallow's trial.

Let's talk about Mallow's Trial. It's striking that Alolan Marowak gets very few fire type moves, for being a fire type. Flame Wheel would have shown up at Lv. 11, which means I would need a Heart Scale but I can only use a Heart Scale and get it on the third island, much too late. I think the first fire type move I have direct access to is flame charge, which I am not sure want to have to teach Marowak, but I really want to use Firium-Z in this trial, so I may just put it on.

The other Pokemon I can fully use is Grimer. Grimer, of course, is Poison/Dark. My basic strategy is to Poison Gas the Lurantis when the battle starts, which will allow for a chip damage strategy. The problem is that Lurantis has Leaf Guard, which prevents Lurantis from being statused by non volatile conditions and yawn during Harsh Sunlight. What are non volatile status conditions?

A non-volatile status condition is a status condition that remains outside of battle and after being switched out. It's displayed in the party screen, and the Pokémon's summary. A Pokémon cannot gain a non-volatile status condition if it's already afflicted by another one. They can be cured by healing at a Pokémon Center, specific curative items, specific moves, and other ways. If a Pokémon is affected by a non-volatile status condition, an icon will display the type of status condition (replacing the Pokémon's level in Generations I and II).

Any Pokémon with Comatose cannot be affected by non-volatile status conditions nor can any Pokémon with Leaf Guard in harsh sunlight. Additionally, a Pokémon with Natural Cure will cure its status condition when switching out, any Pokémon with Hydration will be automatically cured of any non-volatile status condition at the end of the turn (during rain), and any Pokémon with Shed Skin has a 33% chance to heal any of these status conditions.

If a Pokémon under a status condition (such as a poisoned Cascoon) evolves, the condition will be kept, even if the Pokémon gains a new type or Ability that would normally prevent it.

These include: Burn, Paralysis, Poison, Badly Poison, and Sleep. Think of it this way. If it is a status that you would go to a Pokemon Center to cure or Refresh to cure, it is non volatile. You may be thinking, "Unovia, this is all well and good, but what does this have to do with the Lurantis Battle?" Well, this issue has to do with Lurantis' allies. The allies in this fight are Kecleon and Comfey. Both of those Pokemon can use Sunny Day, which sets up the Harsh Sunlight, which would set up the Leaf Guard ability. On top of that, Lurantis has Solar Blade, which, like Solar Beam, is a 2 stage move that turns into a one stage move through Sunny Day.

The only way I can stop Lurantis is by making sure Grimer can move faster than Lurantis or the ally so I can set up the poison. That is going to be a challenge, but even if I am having to stick to Poison Fang, I think I can stall out Lurantis. Between poison stall and Inferno Overdrive, I think I will be able to win, but it is hard to know for sure until I try.

Next log is Mallow's trial. See you then.

Log #16-Lush Jungle & Mallow's Trial
With some uncertainty, I walked into Lush Jungle, ready to do Mallow's trial. I mostly did the challenge part of the trial well, only messing up with the first Fomatis part. In a way, that was a good thing because I got to test my theory about how to beat Lurantis. Eventually, after the challenge concluded, I faced down Lurantis, starting with Grimer. I was surprised that Lurantis did not immediately call out an ally and also that I could Poison Gas Lurantis. Because I was able to gas it, I knew I had pretty much won the fight based on chip damage and the fact that Lurantis could not heal status conditions. All I had to do was bide my time.

Lurantis got Kecleon as the ally, and Kecleon, as expected, set up Sunny Day. Of the two, it was more important for me to stay focused on Lurantis, since it could do far more damage than the ally. I started with Poison Fang, which, while it did some damage, it was not as much as it could have been, so I changed to Acid Spray, which got Lurantis down to the mid yellow range. Lurantis kept using Synthesis, which allowed for HP healing. Lurantis had no major way to counter Grimer, so it kept trying to hit me with X-Scissor.The Poison eventually started to really slow Lurantis down.

I could tell Lurantis was really getting frustrated with Grimer, eventually beating Grimer down with Solar Blade. Yet, the chip damage continued, bogging down Lurantis. I switched to Marowak, where I had put Flame Charge on it. I used Flame Charge on Lurantis and between the Poison and the Flame Charge, I had Lurantis faint, leaving a yet unchallenged Kecleon still up for battle. Switching out to Dugtrio because Marowak had taken significant damage, I thought I could topple Kecleon easily with ground moves. When that was not producing desired results, I switched to Raticate, who, by using the Normalium-Z, took out Kecleon. By defeating Lurantis, I had bested all of the trials of Akala Island.

The next big challenge is the Akala Island Grand Trial, but before I go there, I think I will work on more things on the Island, making sure my levels are good and I can beat Olivia. See you for the next log!

Log #17-Dimensional Lab, Digletts Tunnel, & Konikoni City
There is quite a bit in this log, so lets get started. After winning against Mallow, I was encouraged to go to the Dimensional Lab. First, however, I finished my task with Alolan Vulpix, who was so grateful for me. I then flew off to the Dimensional Lab, where I met Professor Burnet, where I learned about Ultra Beasts and Ultra Wormholes, and I learned what happened to Lillie. Once that was done, I went outside, where I saw a rip in the sky. That is curious...

Moving beyond there, I moved to Digletts Tunnel, battling workers as I moved through. Eventually, I met up with Hau, who battled with me to defeat Team Skull grunts. Battle concluded, I departed Digletts Tunnel, opening up to Konikoni City. When I walked near the police station, who should I see but Looker. What is Looker doing here? I walked into the Police Station, where I was asked to help. What was I to help with? There are 5 Ditto that are causing trouble and are transforming into people. I was on a quest to stop them!

The Ditto Five

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, if the player interacts with the Police Officer in the rear of the station, they will discover he is a Ditto in disguise, and battle it. After capturing or defeating it, the officer behind the desk will say that the Ditto was a member of the Ditto Five and will ask that the player help him apprehend the rest. As thanks for the first Ditto, he will award the player with PokémonDollar.png12,000.

The remaining Ditto are hidden somewhere in Konikoni City. The player will encounter them in sequential order, and will need to collect their reward in order for the next one to spawn. Each Ditto always has a set Nature and IVs that complement them. After apprehending all five, the policeman will give the player a Focus Band.

Ditto # Appearance Location Nature Reward
1 Police Officer In the back of the Police Station on Route 9. Bold PokémonDollar.png12,000
2 Herb Seller
(Hiker)
In front of Konikoni City's Photo Club. Jolly PokémonDollar.png16,000
3 Chef In the kitchen of Konikoni City's Restaurant. Adamant PokémonDollar.png20,000
4 Iomi Iomi masseuse
(Dancer)
Next to the Konikoni City Incense shop. Modest PokémonDollar.png24,000
5 Olivia At the far end of the Konikoni City, looking over the ocean. Timid PokémonDollar.png28,000
Focus Band

I tried to actually capture the Ditto Five, only capturing the first one. In the end, I got 1 of the Ditto and $100,000! After clearing out the Ditto, I traveled through Konikoni City. It's nice that there are several clothing stores, so I hope I will have enough money to do some shopping after the battle with Olivia. Leaving Konikoni City, I came upon Memorial Hill, paying respect to the dead and clearing out the trainers there, including Plumeria of Team Skull.

The next log is going to be the Akala Island Grand Trial against Olivia. We will see you then!

Log #18-Brock's Girlfriend, Olivia
I headed from the Memorial Hill back to Konikoni City to do some shopping at the Pokemon Center and some healing before I challenged Olivia. After I did some item shopping, I headed back to the Ruins of Life. Olivia came out to battle me. I made sure to have Dugtrio in front since it is the only ground type I have that has Steel type moves. which would be the only type I had that would be super effective against most of Olivia's party.

Starting the battle, it was Dugtrio vs. Anorith. One Metal Claw ended that battle quickly. Then came Lileep, and I stayed in with Dugtrio. Lileep was a bit tanky, being able to sustain a hit from Earth Power. Finally changing tactics, I managed to beat it back with Metal Claw, leaving her with only one more Pokemon, Lycanroc. I was concerned that Lycanroc would use Rockium-Z, so I had to make sure that Dugtrio, who was weakened by multiple Brine attacks by Lileep, could still move faster than Lycanroc, which, thanks to the fact that Dugtrio had a Quick Claw, it moved faster than Lycanroc, using Earth Power. Lycanroc fell before being able to use the Rockium-Z, resulting in my win against Olivia. My win assured, I left the site of the battle so Hau could battle her.

My Team
Dugtrio-Lv.33
Pikachu-Lv.33
Marowak-Lv.33
Raticate-Lv.33
Persian-Lv.33
Grimer-Lv.33

The next log will be the Hano Grand Resort and probably the Aether Foundation. I don't know why they don't allow access to the Hano Grand Resort until after the battle with Olivia. Soon, it will be time for moving to Ula'ula Island. Until the next log, I will see you!

Log #19-Hano Grand Resort, Aether Foundation, and the First Steps of Ula'ula Island
I went to Hano Grand Resort finally. I saw a strange Pikachu wedding, and I avoided the resort for a little bit, instead wanting to check out the beach, involving myself in Pyukumuku Chucking and getting paid before going into the resort. There were quite a few battles in the resort, then I went into meeting with Faba, who took me to Aether Foundation. Wicke traveled with us to find Lusamine. During the meeting with Lusamine, one of the Ultra Beasts appeared, which I battled and defeated. Wicke helped get Hau and I to Ula'ula Island. I then fought a hard battle against Hau, then prepared to go into Malie Garden, where I stopped playing for now.

Next log is up to the point where I finally am able to catch Sandshrew. Speaking of, I am not sure which form to put in the box. It's either going to be Raticate or Persian. We will figure it out after the capture. See you then!

Log #20-Malie Garden to Hokulani Observatory
Going into Malie Garden looking for Kukui, I walked around in the expansive garden, started by people of Kanto and Johto. He found the encounter with the Ultra Beast interesting. After finding him and leaving the garden, I talked to Lillie,and together we walked to the Malie Library, where I met Acerola and we talked about the legends. Then I left to Route 10, hunting down 8 Stufful. After finding the cute monsters, I took the bus up to Hokulani Observatory.

Kukui showed me Mount Lanakila, where he plans to have a Pokemon League. I met Molanye, who told me the trial Captain was in the Observatory. Instead of going there, I walked down Route 11, clearing out the trainers and being introduced to shaking trees. Clearing out the route, I flew back to the Observatory.

The next log will have me face Sophocles. See you then!

Log #21-Sophocles Trial at the Observatory & Fighting Guzma
I was nervous at first when it came to Sophocles trial. I know that the Togedemaru can be a challenge if not ready for it. When it came to the Elekid and the Electabuzz that were summoned by the Pinger, I felt that Marowak could handle them, and it didn't disappoint. Totem Togedemaru (say that 5 times fast, lol!) was a different story however. I thought whether I wanted to continue with Marowak or fight using Dugtrio. Eventually I settled on Dugtrio and used Earth Power, which, surprisingly OHKOed the Togedemaru. Upon beating Togedemaru, I got the Electric Z Crystal.

Upon flying back to Malie Garden, I gave the Masked Royal mask back to him, then battled Guzma. Guzma was more of a challenge than Sophocles, but eventually I did beat him. In the next log, I will FINALLY get my Sandshrew and raise it up to use it in my team. Until then, see you soon!

Log #22-Taming Of The Sandshrew
Once the gate was open, I started on Route 12 and then Hapu showed up, giving me Mudsdale Gallop. Dodging a bunch of trainers, I rushed to Tapu Village, and in the snow and hail, I caught my Alolan Sandshrew and placed Raticate in the box. Now all I need to do is train up Sandshrew up to Level 38 so it can be used in my team and then go back through Route 12, clearing out the trainers. Where am I going to train Sandshrew? The best place right now is Malie Garden. Once that is done, I will move forward.

It will likely be a few days to bring it up, so I will see you soon!

Log #23-Cleaning Up Some Loose Ends
It was much easier than expected to get Sandshrew up to Lv.38, mainly because Malie Garden has a lot of high level Pokemon to train against. I cleared out the "Alolan Nugget Bridge", then spent some time training, turning off the experience share so Sandshrew could get all the love. Once I got Sandshrew up to Lv.38, I decided to finish Grimer, getting it to a Muk, and Persian as well. With all of my team at Lv. 38, I fought all of the trainers I skipped, ignoring that veteran at the Tapu Village Pokemon Center (for now), making sure my Experience Share was back on. I realized that I had skipped SO MANY TRAINERS in various locations on Ula'ula, including at the area around the Observatory and Route 12 that my team easily got to Lv. 40.

Rotom wants me to go to Aether house, but I am not sure if I want to go through the Black Sands area just south of there first, Route 14, then go back to Aether. I like clearing out everything before continuing with what Rotom wants because I want to have a clear run to the next trial, so it will probably be Route 14 then Aether, then the Thrifty Megamart trial. I know that trial is one of the really tough ones, so I think I will use Dugtrio, Sandshrew, and Muk to clear the trial, with Dugtrio being the heavy lifter of the three. I think my plan is to poison Mimmikyu, force it to use the Lum Berry, then Poison it again so it has a status condition, then switch to Dugtrio to Z-Move it and watch it fall. I am sure Muk can survive a few hits, since the thing is tanky and is not weak to any of Mimikyu's moves, but we will have to see.

The next log should be Route 14, Aether House, and then the trial. I will see you then!

My Team
Dugtrio-Lv.40
Pikachu-Lv.40
Marowak-Lv.40
Muk-Lv.40
Sandshrew-Lv.40
Persian-Lv.40

Log #24-The Black Sands, Aether House, & Taking Pictures With Acerola
Galloping down the black sands of Route 14, I beat all the trainers leading to the trial site. Galloping back to Aether House, I evened out my team to Lv. 41 in the surrounding area, then dealt with Aether House. In Aether House, I am ambushed by two toddlers, who challenged me to battle, who I beat right before Acerola came into the house. Acerola introduced herself as a trial captain and invited me to the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site for the trial, upgrading Rotom and the photo finder in the process.

Walking into the Megamart, I put Muk first so he could take out the ghosts with Crunch, OHKOing Gastly, Haunter, & Gengar. I found Mimikyu, who role played as Acerola. Following Mimikyu into a back room, I took a picture of Mimikyu, who challenged me to battle. Here was the Totem. Beginning with my plan, I Poisoned Mimikyu, who used its lum berry, then summoned Banette. Muk Poisoned Mimikyu and Banette. With Mimikyu taking chip damage, I took out Banette, but not before it burned me. Now with a ticking clock, Muk would take damage from Mimikyu's Play Rough and chip damage from burns. Even so, Muk stopped Banette before it fainted. Muk did a great job.

While Mimikyu was taking Poison damage, the disguise had not been broken. Dugtrio was sent out on my end, and I used the Steelium-Z, which actually broke the disguise, wasting my Z-Move. Seizing on this opportunity, Mimikyu summoned Jellicent, who beat Dugtrio even though Dugtrio hit Mimikyu hard with Iron Head. Mimikyu kept getting chip damage from Poison. Hoping to take out Jellicent, I sent out Pikachu, who shocked Jellicent. Jellicent took a lot of damage, but was able to beat Pikachu through confusion damage through Water Pulse.

Now, uncertain of what to do, and taking a risk, I sent out Sandshrew, who eventually collapsed Mimikyu through Iron Head and Poison chip damage. That left Sandshrew and Jellicent. Sandshrew did a final Iron Head, bringing Jellicent down and winning the day. Acerola checked out the camera, then gave me Ghostium-Z. I am not sure what I can do now. Just have to think about it for a short period.

I will not be updating for a few days, due to the possibility of snow in my area. Once things thaw out, I will be back with the next update. See you soon, and thank you for the support so far!

Log #25-Routes 15, 16, Ula'ula Meadow, & Lake of the Moone
Good news!
I get to upload much earlier than expected, even though the internet is slow and I have snow, so please enjoy this log.

Rushing back to Route 15 and Aether House, I battled Plummeria, who thought she would have more success than the grunts. She failed too. Lol. She did tell me about Po Town and the fact that it is inundated with Team Skull Grunts. Looks like I will have a challenge ahead soon enough. Hearing about a man in a kimono, I walked onto the beach, running into the man, who called himself Grimsley. After testing me with a coin flip, he gave me Sharpedo Jet, then once again told me to be careful with Po Town. I used Sharpedo Jet to break some tough rocks, battling trainers along the way. Checking into a Pokemon Center, I ran into a Team Skull Grunt hassling Nurse Joy! Beating him back and getting healed, I continued my way to Po Town.

Meandering into Ula'ula Meadow, I walked through there, being careful to not fall off the plank bridges and clearing the trainers out. In my final stage of this log, I trekked through to the Lake of the Moone, here to pay my respects. In the next log, I will go onto Route 17, then into Po Town. It's time to beat Team Skull! See you then.

Log #26-Beating Down Team Skull At Po Town
Arriving on Route 17, I was greeted by a dreary scene. Constant rain and a bunch of wannabe cool guys and gals. I cleared out the grunts on Route 17, then was introduced to Nanu, one of the few people who live in Po Town because of the low rents. Coming into Po Town, I crushed all of the grunts, then, victorious, I stormed the Shady House. There were quite a few grunts, who were easily stopped, leaving no opposition to Guzma himself.

The four answers to meeting Guzma are:
1. Poison Jab
2. Bounsweet
3. Tapu Cocoa
4. NO!

I was rewarded with the battle with Guzma. It took me a bit to beat him, but once I did, he departed. With Po Town cleared of mischief, Nanu healed me, then Acerola encouraged me to come back to Aether House, where I was ambushed with a battle against Gladion, which was tough, but manageable. Lillie has been kidnapped, and it is up to me to get her back. Before I do that however, the Grand Trial against Nanu awaits! Nanu's Grand Trial is going to be very tough, but I think I will be able to beat him. I am 3 levels higher than him, and if I have to risk my team to beat him, I can do that.

My Team
Dugtrio-Lv.46
Pikachu-Lv.46
Marowak-Lv.46
Muk-Lv.46
Sandslash-Lv.46
Persian-Lv.46

In the next log, we will face down Nanu in the Grand Trial. It's gonna be tough, no doubt, but I think I can get it done. See you then!

Log #27-Nanu
I had to fly back to Malie City to catch the boat to Aether Paradise, so I do that. I was considering taking a few days and training at the Kantoian Gym, but I decided to risk the battle with Nanu. He opened with Sableye to my Dugtrio. Dugtrio took damage from Fake Out, but he didn't take too much damage from it. Dugtrio retaliated with Iron Heads which 3x forced flinches from Sableye. Bringing out Krokorok, Dugtrio Iron Headed, which OHKOed. As Nanu prepared to send out Persian, I decided to switich out to Muk, mainly because I figured Persian was the one holding the Z Crystal, and using Dark type moves against a Dark type would do virtually nothing. Muk used Gunk Shot in retaliation for Power Gem, eventually seeing Persian faint, without using the Dark Z Crystal. I gathered the Darkinium Z, then went with Gladion and Hau to Aether Paradise. I evolved Pikachu to Raichu, being the last Alolan Form I have to Evolve. I have one more Alolan Form to get, Alolan Exeggutor, which I can only get on Exeggutor Island, which I only get access to off of Poni Island, still a ways away.

The next log should be Aether Paradise for the secret villainous team clean out. Let's save Lillie and whip Lusamine! See you soon!

Log #28-Aether Paradise
After disembarking from the Team Skull boat, I knew that my team would have to be leveled up strongly for Lusamine, so I ran around, clearing out the Aether Foundation. I thought they were the good guys. Sneaky, Sneaky! Going through each area and gathering information, I cleared out the Aether members. At the midpoint, near Lusamine's Mansion, I saw Team Skull Grunts. Wait...what are they doing here? Oh well, a battle is a battle. Kicking their tails, it was time to battle Guzma. Guzma was a mildly tough fight, but eventually I beat him, gaining access to the mansion.

The Ultra Recon Squad tried to challenge me with Poipole, but I blasted them. Lusamine confronted Lillie and Gladion, calling them disappointments, then she threatened the life of Cosmog. Now is the time to rescue Cosmog and put an end to this struggle. The next log is the battle against Lusamine.

My Team
Dugtrio-Lv.51
Raichu-Lv.51
Marowak-Lv.51
Muk-Lv.51
Sandslash-Lv.50
Persian-Lv.50

Log #29-Lusamine & The First Steps On Poni Island
After her speech about her children, Lusamine challenged me to battle. I opened with Muk against Clefable. One Gunk Shot OHKOed it. To my surprise, she changed out to Milotic, and I faced it down with Raichu and the electric Z move because I know Milotic has some bulk. OHKO Milotic. She switched out to Lilligant and I brought out Sandslash. While Lilligant tried to Parahax me, I focused on using Icicle Spear to beat it down, which it did, but Sandslash took heavy damage in the exchanges. She switched to Lopunny, and I changed out to Marowak, and, after a long fight, I beat it. Down to her last Pokemon, Bewear came out, and I switched back to Raichu, whose Psychic attack OHKOed the big bear.

Lusamine refused to admit defeat, so she and Guzma jumped through the Ultra Wormhole, leaving the Ultra Recon Squad to rethink their position on Lusamine. Lillie cut her hair and gave herself a "Z Powered Form", while Gladion became the new President of the Foundation, gave me the Master Ball and an ancient Flute, then Hau, Gladion, and Lillie accompanied me to Poni Island. On Poni Island, I met Mina, the Captain of the Island, then I walked around, getting the Z Crystal for my Alolan Raichu and enough Totem Stickers to trigger another meeting with Samson. I had ignored the last few opportunities, managing to get 70 Stickers. Taking a mini detour, I collected the other Totem Pokemon that my Stickers had unlocked. Just 30 more to go!

Rotom wants me to leave Seafolk Village, but I am wondering if I can go get my Exeggutor now, since it wouldn't be too far off my current levels, especially the higher level ones. I am going to give it a shot, see if I can, then level up the tall tree using the Kantoian Gym and a few places previous to get it to level 50, ready for use. I am replacing Persian with Exeggutor, so the earlier I can get one, the better. This is the longest I have gone without a complete team, so I really want to remedy that.

The next log is going to be interesting, as I will either end up with going to Poni Wilds or Exeggutor Island. We will see...
Until then, see you!

Log #30-Chasing Down Hapu
Looks like I have to wait going to Exeggutor Island. Instead, I was sent through Poni Wilds, where I battled the trainers there and came across Hapu's house and her Gran, who, after introductions, instructed Lillie and I to go to The Ruins of Hope. To help me at the ruins, she gave me access to Machamp Shove. Upon arriving at the Ruins of Hope, Machamp shoved the stones to open up the way, where Hapu attempted to talk to Tapu Fini, asking for the blessing to become Kahuna, where Poni Island didn't have one before. Tapu Fini grants her the wish, making her the Kahuna.

On the next log, I believe I will be able to go to the Exeggutor Island, catch my Exeggutor, train it up, and move on, but I can't be sure. I will see you on the next log.

Log #31-Exeggutor Island
After Hapu got her Z-Ring, I went back with Lillie to Seafolk Village, where we arranged with Mina to get a boat to Exeggutor Island. Upon reaching there, I freed the Exeggutors from the Pinsir menaces. I also caught an Exeggutor. It was level 42. I was a bit disappointed by this, as I was looking for a level 45, but oh well. I boosted it by giving it the 3 rare candies I had, and now the next thing I need to do is get it up to level 52 so I can use it properly. My plan is to train it on Route 17 and then go back to Exeggutor Island and finish the objective there.

I have a few goals:
1. Get Exeggutor to Lv. 52
2. Build my Team up to Lv. 60
3. Go back to Exeggutor Island and finish the quest there.
4. Clear Poni Island of all trainers.

It will take me a few days to finish my goals, but once I do, I will set up the next log. See you then, and keep up the support. It really helps.

Log #32-Getting the Flute & Finishing Team Skull
It was much harder than expected to get Exeggutor to level 52. Seriously, it was slow and painful leveling. I started training it on Route 17, then when it wasn't fast enough, I finished up in the Poni Wilds, then finished the Exeggutor Island quest. I thought it was strange that the natural rain stopped after I picked up the Moon Flute. Once back on the main island of Poni, I fought Team Skull, winning the Poison Z Crystal from Plumeria. I am now preparing to go through Ancient Poni Path to Vast Poni Canyon. Typically I don't like this section because of how easily you can get lost. Plus, this is where the Dragon Type Trial is. I would not be so worried with this trial except for Sandslash who is SO VERY FRAIL! Considering how Sandslash is the obvious Pokemon to use in the trial due to the Ice type, this is not going to go well if my levels aren't high enough. I think I am going to use the caves to train up to 60 before I work to beat the trial. It's going to be slow and steady, but I believe it will work out.

My Team
Dugtrio-Lv.54
Raichu-Lv.54
Marowak-Lv.54
Muk-Lv.53
Sandslash-Lv.53
Exeggutor-Lv.52

The next log will be Vast Poni Canyon, right before the Dragon Trial. See you soon!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom