• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Ultra Moon "Regional Variant" Run

What Starter Should I Pick For My Ultra Moon Run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Log #20-Malie Garden to Hokulani Observatory
  • Going into Malie Garden looking for Kukui, I walked around in the expansive garden, started by people of Kanto and Johto. He found the encounter with the Ultra Beast interesting. After finding him and leaving the garden, I talked to Lillie,and together we walked to the Malie Library, where I met Acerola and we talked about the legends. Then I left to Route 10, hunting down 8 Stufful. After finding the cute monsters, I took the bus up to Hokulani Observatory.

Kukui showed me Mount Lanakila, where he plans to have a Pokemon League. I met Molanye, who told me the trial Captain was in the Observatory. Instead of going there, I walked down Route 11, clearing out the trainers and being introduced to shaking trees. Clearing out the route, I flew back to the Observatory.

The next log will have me face Sophocles. See you then!

Log #21-Sophocles Trial at the Observatory & Fighting Guzma
  • I was nervous at first when it came to Sophocles trial. I know that the Togedemaru can be a challenge if not ready for it. When it came to the Elekid and the Electabuzz that were summoned by the Pinger, I felt that Marowak could handle them, and it didn't disappoint. Totem Togedemaru (say that 5 times fast, lol!) was a different story however. I thought whether I wanted to continue with Marowak or fight using Dugtrio. Eventually I settled on Dugtrio and used Earth Power, which, surprisingly OHKOed the Togedemaru. Upon beating Togedemaru, I got the Electric Z Crystal.

Upon flying back to Malie Garden, I gave the Masked Royal mask back to him, then battled Guzma. Guzma was more of a challenge than Sophocles, but eventually I did beat him. In the next log, I will FINALLY get my Sandshrew and raise it up to use it in my team. Until then, see you soon!

Log #22-Taming Of The Sandshrew
  • Once the gate was open, I started on Route 12 and then Hapu showed up, giving me Mudsdale Gallop. Dodging a bunch of trainers, I rushed to Tapu Village, and in the snow and hail, I caught my Alolan Sandshrew and placed Raticate in the box. Now all I need to do is train up Sandshrew up to Level 38 so it can be used in my team and then go back through Route 12, clearing out the trainers. Where am I going to train Sandshrew? The best place right now is Malie Garden. Once that is done, I will move forward.

It will likely be a few days to bring it up, so I will see you soon!

Log #23-Cleaning Up Some Loose Ends
  • It was much easier than expected to get Sandshrew up to Lv.38, mainly because Malie Garden has a lot of high level Pokemon to train against. I cleared out the "Alolan Nugget Bridge", then spent some time training, turning off the experience share so Sandshrew could get all the love. Once I got Sandshrew up to Lv.38, I decided to finish Grimer, getting it to a Muk, and Persian as well. With all of my team at Lv. 38, I fought all of the trainers I skipped, ignoring that veteran at the Tapu Village Pokemon Center (for now), making sure my Experience Share was back on. I realized that I had skipped SO MANY TRAINERS in various locations on Ula'ula, including at the area around the Observatory and Route 12 that my team easily got to Lv. 40.

Rotom wants me to go to Aether house, but I am not sure if I want to go through the Black Sands area just south of there first, Route 14, then go back to Aether. I like clearing out everything before continuing with what Rotom wants because I want to have a clear run to the next trial, so it will probably be Route 14 then Aether, then the Thrifty Megamart trial. I know that trial is one of the really tough ones, so I think I will use Dugtrio, Sandshrew, and Muk to clear the trial, with Dugtrio being the heavy lifter of the three. I think my plan is to poison Mimmikyu, force it to use the Lum Berry, then Poison it again so it has a status condition, then switch to Dugtrio to Z-Move it and watch it fall. I am sure Muk can survive a few hits, since the thing is tanky and is not weak to any of Mimikyu's moves, but we will have to see.

The next log should be Route 14, Aether House, and then the trial. I will see you then!

My Team
    Dugtrio-Lv.40
    Pikachu-Lv.40
    Marowak-Lv.40
    Muk-Lv.40
    Sandshrew-Lv.40
    Persian-Lv.40

Log #24-The Black Sands, Aether House, & Taking Pictures With Acerola
  • Galloping down the black sands of Route 14, I beat all the trainers leading to the trial site. Galloping back to Aether House, I evened out my team to Lv. 41 in the surrounding area, then dealt with Aether House. In Aether House, I am ambushed by two toddlers, who challenged me to battle, who I beat right before Acerola came into the house. Acerola introduced herself as a trial captain and invited me to the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site for the trial, upgrading Rotom and the photo finder in the process.

Walking into the Megamart, I put Muk first so he could take out the ghosts with Crunch, OHKOing Gastly, Haunter, & Gengar. I found Mimikyu, who role played as Acerola. Following Mimikyu into a back room, I took a picture of Mimikyu, who challenged me to battle. Here was the Totem. Beginning with my plan, I Poisoned Mimikyu, who used its lum berry, then summoned Banette. Muk Poisoned Mimikyu and Banette. With Mimikyu taking chip damage, I took out Banette, but not before it burned me. Now with a ticking clock, Muk would take damage from Mimikyu's Play Rough and chip damage from burns. Even so, Muk stopped Banette before it fainted. Muk did a great job.

While Mimikyu was taking Poison damage, the disguise had not been broken. Dugtrio was sent out on my end, and I used the Steelium-Z, which actually broke the disguise, wasting my Z-Move. Seizing on this opportunity, Mimikyu summoned Jellicent, who beat Dugtrio even though Dugtrio hit Mimikyu hard with Iron Head. Mimikyu kept getting chip damage from Poison. Hoping to take out Jellicent, I sent out Pikachu, who shocked Jellicent. Jellicent took a lot of damage, but was able to beat Pikachu through confusion damage through Water Pulse.

Now, uncertain of what to do, and taking a risk, I sent out Sandshrew, who eventually collapsed Mimikyu through Iron Head and Poison chip damage. That left Sandshrew and Jellicent. Sandshrew did a final Iron Head, bringing Jellicent down and winning the day. Acerola checked out the camera, then gave me Ghostium-Z. I am not sure what I can do now. Just have to think about it for a short period.

I will not be updating for a few days, due to the possibility of snow in my area. Once things thaw out, I will be back with the next update. See you soon, and thank you for the support so far!

Log #25-Routes 15, 16, Ula'ula Meadow, & Lake of the Moone
  • Good news!
    I get to upload much earlier than expected, even though the internet is slow and I have snow, so please enjoy this log.

Rushing back to Route 15 and Aether House, I battled Plummeria, who thought she would have more success than the grunts. She failed too. Lol. She did tell me about Po Town and the fact that it is inundated with Team Skull Grunts. Looks like I will have a challenge ahead soon enough. Hearing about a man in a kimono, I walked onto the beach, running into the man, who called himself Grimsley. After testing me with a coin flip, he gave me Sharpedo Jet, then once again told me to be careful with Po Town. I used Sharpedo Jet to break some tough rocks, battling trainers along the way. Checking into a Pokemon Center, I ran into a Team Skull Grunt hassling Nurse Joy! Beating him back and getting healed, I continued my way to Po Town.

Meandering into Ula'ula Meadow, I walked through there, being careful to not fall off the plank bridges and clearing the trainers out. In my final stage of this log, I trekked through to the Lake of the Moone, here to pay my respects. In the next log, I will go onto Route 17, then into Po Town. It's time to beat Team Skull! See you then.

Log #26-Beating Down Team Skull At Po Town
  • Arriving on Route 17, I was greeted by a dreary scene. Constant rain and a bunch of wannabe cool guys and gals. I cleared out the grunts on Route 17, then was introduced to Nanu, one of the few people who live in Po Town because of the low rents. Coming into Po Town, I crushed all of the grunts, then, victorious, I stormed the Shady House. There were quite a few grunts, who were easily stopped, leaving no opposition to Guzma himself.

The four answers to meeting Guzma are:
    1. Poison Jab
    2. Bounsweet
    3. Tapu Cocoa
    4. NO!

I was rewarded with the battle with Guzma. It took me a bit to beat him, but once I did, he departed. With Po Town cleared of mischief, Nanu healed me, then Acerola encouraged me to come back to Aether House, where I was ambushed with a battle against Gladion, which was tough, but manageable. Lillie has been kidnapped, and it is up to me to get her back. Before I do that however, the Grand Trial against Nanu awaits! Nanu's Grand Trial is going to be very tough, but I think I will be able to beat him. I am 3 levels higher than him, and if I have to risk my team to beat him, I can do that.

My Team
    Dugtrio-Lv.46
    Pikachu-Lv.46
    Marowak-Lv.46
    Muk-Lv.46
    Sandslash-Lv.46
    Persian-Lv.46

In the next log, we will face down Nanu in the Grand Trial. It's gonna be tough, no doubt, but I think I can get it done. See you then!

Log #27-Nanu
  • I had to fly back to Malie City to catch the boat to Aether Paradise, so I do that. I was considering taking a few days and training at the Kantoian Gym, but I decided to risk the battle with Nanu. He opened with Sableye to my Dugtrio. Dugtrio took damage from Fake Out, but he didn't take too much damage from it. Dugtrio retaliated with Iron Heads which 3x forced flinches from Sableye. Bringing out Krokorok, Dugtrio Iron Headed, which OHKOed. As Nanu prepared to send out Persian, I decided to switich out to Muk, mainly because I figured Persian was the one holding the Z Crystal, and using Dark type moves against a Dark type would do virtually nothing. Muk used Gunk Shot in retaliation for Power Gem, eventually seeing Persian faint, without using the Dark Z Crystal. I gathered the Darkinium Z, then went with Gladion and Hau to Aether Paradise. I evolved Pikachu to Raichu, being the last Alolan Form I have to Evolve. I have one more Alolan Form to get, Alolan Exeggutor, which I can only get on Exeggutor Island, which I only get access to off of Poni Island, still a ways away.

The next log should be Aether Paradise for the secret villainous team clean out. Let's save Lillie and whip Lusamine! See you soon!

Log #28-Aether Paradise
  • After disembarking from the Team Skull boat, I knew that my team would have to be leveled up strongly for Lusamine, so I ran around, clearing out the Aether Foundation. I thought they were the good guys. Sneaky, Sneaky! Going through each area and gathering information, I cleared out the Aether members. At the midpoint, near Lusamine's Mansion, I saw Team Skull Grunts. Wait...what are they doing here? Oh well, a battle is a battle. Kicking their tails, it was time to battle Guzma. Guzma was a mildly tough fight, but eventually I beat him, gaining access to the mansion.

The Ultra Recon Squad tried to challenge me with Poipole, but I blasted them. Lusamine confronted Lillie and Gladion, calling them disappointments, then she threatened the life of Cosmog. Now is the time to rescue Cosmog and put an end to this struggle. The next log is the battle against Lusamine.

My Team
    Dugtrio-Lv.51
    Raichu-Lv.51
    Marowak-Lv.51
    Muk-Lv.51
    Sandslash-Lv.50
    Persian-Lv.50

Log #29-Lusamine & The First Steps On Poni Island
  • After her speech about her children, Lusamine challenged me to battle. I opened with Muk against Clefable. One Gunk Shot OHKOed it. To my surprise, she changed out to Milotic, and I faced it down with Raichu and the electric Z move because I know Milotic has some bulk. OHKO Milotic. She switched out to Lilligant and I brought out Sandslash. While Lilligant tried to Parahax me, I focused on using Icicle Spear to beat it down, which it did, but Sandslash took heavy damage in the exchanges. She switched to Lopunny, and I changed out to Marowak, and, after a long fight, I beat it. Down to her last Pokemon, Bewear came out, and I switched back to Raichu, whose Psychic attack OHKOed the big bear.

Lusamine refused to admit defeat, so she and Guzma jumped through the Ultra Wormhole, leaving the Ultra Recon Squad to rethink their position on Lusamine. Lillie cut her hair and gave herself a "Z Powered Form", while Gladion became the new President of the Foundation, gave me the Master Ball and an ancient Flute, then Hau, Gladion, and Lillie accompanied me to Poni Island. On Poni Island, I met Mina, the Captain of the Island, then I walked around, getting the Z Crystal for my Alolan Raichu and enough Totem Stickers to trigger another meeting with Samson. I had ignored the last few opportunities, managing to get 70 Stickers. Taking a mini detour, I collected the other Totem Pokemon that my Stickers had unlocked. Just 30 more to go!

Rotom wants me to leave Seafolk Village, but I am wondering if I can go get my Exeggutor now, since it wouldn't be too far off my current levels, especially the higher level ones. I am going to give it a shot, see if I can, then level up the tall tree using the Kantoian Gym and a few places previous to get it to level 50, ready for use. I am replacing Persian with Exeggutor, so the earlier I can get one, the better. This is the longest I have gone without a complete team, so I really want to remedy that.

The next log is going to be interesting, as I will either end up with going to Poni Wilds or Exeggutor Island. We will see...
    Until then, see you!

Log #30-Chasing Down Hapu
  • Looks like I have to wait going to Exeggutor Island. Instead, I was sent through Poni Wilds, where I battled the trainers there and came across Hapu's house and her Gran, who, after introductions, instructed Lillie and I to go to The Ruins of Hope. To help me at the ruins, she gave me access to Machamp Shove. Upon arriving at the Ruins of Hope, Machamp shoved the stones to open up the way, where Hapu attempted to talk to Tapu Fini, asking for the blessing to become Kahuna, where Poni Island didn't have one before. Tapu Fini grants her the wish, making her the Kahuna.

On the next log, I believe I will be able to go to the Exeggutor Island, catch my Exeggutor, train it up, and move on, but I can't be sure. I will see you on the next log.

Log #31-Exeggutor Island
  • After Hapu got her Z-Ring, I went back with Lillie to Seafolk Village, where we arranged with Mina to get a boat to Exeggutor Island. Upon reaching there, I freed the Exeggutors from the Pinsir menaces. I also caught an Exeggutor. It was level 42. I was a bit disappointed by this, as I was looking for a level 45, but oh well. I boosted it by giving it the 3 rare candies I had, and now the next thing I need to do is get it up to level 52 so I can use it properly. My plan is to train it on Route 17 and then go back to Exeggutor Island and finish the objective there.

I have a few goals:
    1. Get Exeggutor to Lv. 52
    2. Build my Team up to Lv. 60
    3. Go back to Exeggutor Island and finish the quest there.
    4. Clear Poni Island of all trainers.

It will take me a few days to finish my goals, but once I do, I will set up the next log. See you then, and keep up the support. It really helps.

Log #32-Getting the Flute & Finishing Team Skull
  • It was much harder than expected to get Exeggutor to level 52. Seriously, it was slow and painful leveling. I started training it on Route 17, then when it wasn't fast enough, I finished up in the Poni Wilds, then finished the Exeggutor Island quest. I thought it was strange that the natural rain stopped after I picked up the Moon Flute. Once back on the main island of Poni, I fought Team Skull, winning the Poison Z Crystal from Plumeria. I am now preparing to go through Ancient Poni Path to Vast Poni Canyon. Typically I don't like this section because of how easily you can get lost. Plus, this is where the Dragon Type Trial is. I would not be so worried with this trial except for Sandslash who is SO VERY FRAIL! Considering how Sandslash is the obvious Pokemon to use in the trial due to the Ice type, this is not going to go well if my levels aren't high enough. I think I am going to use the caves to train up to 60 before I work to beat the trial. It's going to be slow and steady, but I believe it will work out.

My Team
    Dugtrio-Lv.54
    Raichu-Lv.54
    Marowak-Lv.54
    Muk-Lv.53
    Sandslash-Lv.53
    Exeggutor-Lv.52

The next log will be Vast Poni Canyon, right before the Dragon Trial. See you soon!

Log #33-Vast Poni Canyon
  • Vast Poni Canyon certainly lives up to it's name. It is vast and it is LONG! I managed to beat all of the trainers very easily. I do have to say that the Veterans close to the trial site are tricky, but what is to be expected? They are veterans, after all. I even battled the Team Skull Grunt. It's funny that they are so out of place. I thought they would have escaped with the rest of the group, but whatever. I know the trial is very tricky, and I even tried it once, and the other dragons are very easy to crush, but I know I am not ready for the Totem yet. I decided to read online about strategies, and I came into four.

1. Ice attacks (Sandslash)
    2. Psychic attacks (Exeggutor)
    3. Poison stall (Muk)
    4. Get my team to level 63

I have tried strategies 1 and 2, so I am hoping strategy 3 will work. If not, I will go train to Lv. 63, which will put me at a 14 level difference. I will see what works. See you soon!

Log #34-Dragon Trial, Summoning & Beating A Monster, & Minas' Trial Begins
  • With a plan, I went into the battle for the Dragon Trial. Clearing out the other dragons with Sandslash, I switched to Muk for the Kommo-o fight. Poison Gassing both it and it's ally, it was a matter of Chip Damage. Muk did well until it fainted, then I shopped around my team until bringing out Raichu. Raichu, combined with poison chip damage, won the day. Continuing through to the Altar of the Moone, suddenly the gateway at the altar opened, and Nebby evolved into Lunala, Guzma and Lusamine dropped out, and Necrozma came out like a victorious champion, loving the chaos.

Lunala and Necrozma fight, with Necrozma pinning down Lunala, combining with it to form Dawn Wings Necrozma. It was my turn to save the world. Muk came out and Poison Gassed Necrozma. Muk used Acid Downpour, then Crunch to beat the combo. I was then encouraged to do my least favorite part of the game, the Ultra Warp Ride, heading to Ultra Megalopolis, where Ultra Necrozma awaited. Climbing up the stairs to the final showdown with Necrozma, I was a bit nervous. Opening with Muk against Ultra Necrozma and hitting with Darkinium Z, I beat Necrozma down. Muk is eventually defeated, and I switch out to Dugtrio, and after a few hits (including two where Dugtrio survived to make me proud), Dugtrio fell. Uncertain what to do now, I sent out Sandslash, who finished Necrozma. I snatched Popole as a reward, then left.

Upon leaving, Mina met up with me, inviting me to come back with her, which I did. She then asked me to battle her. I opened with Marowak to take out Mawile, then switched to Dugtrio for Granbull, and Muk for Ribombee. She gave me the Pink Petal for winning the battle, then challenged me to go around Alola to beat the other Trial Captains. I figure that while I am going around, I will get the other Totem Stickers, finishing two quests at the same time.

Here are the Captains I will go after:
    Illima
    Lana
    Kiawe
    Mallow
    Sophocles
    Nanu

The next Log will be beating the other Captains and getting the final Totem Stickers. I am up to 76, so I only have 24 more. It will also include the conclusion of Mina's Trial. See you then!

Log #35-Down Memory Lane
  • With Mina's Trial started, I flew to Melemele Island. Collecting the last Totem Sticker or two, I ran into Illima. Illima was not too much of a challenge. One Orange Petal later, I went with him to Lush Jungle, where I faced down Lana, who was a challenge, mainly because I thought I would be able to pretty much roll over her. It started out harmless enough, with wins against Lanturn and Cloyster. Then came the dreaded Araquanid, who proceeded to have a field day with my team until Raichu shreded it. I made sure to Z-Move to make sure it was beaten. One Green Petal and Blue Petal later, I went with them to Wela Volcano. Kiawe was tougher than expected, mainly because of the bulky Arcanine and the fast Talonflame. I was also surprised to have to face the Hiker. I got the Red Petal. Kiawe took me to Sophocles, who just gave me his petal and took me to Aether House. There I faced Nanu, who was much tougher than he was during the Grand Trial. I beat him, and he told me to go back to Mina. All petals in hand, I went to see her. She made the Rainbow Flower.
    Mina Flower.jpg

Upon reaching Mina, I took on her Totem Ribombee. One Poison Z-Move later and it went down. Upon leaving her house, Hapu and Hala met with me, asking me to go to Exeggutor Island for the Grand Trial. Before I do that, I will finish my Totem Sticker Hunt. I have some hunting yet to do, but it shouldn't take me too long. On the next Log, I will face down Hapu in the last Grand Trial.
    See you all then!

Log #36-Hapu Grand Trial & Trial/Grand Trial Review
  • Ok, so I traveled around the Region, managing to get up to 94 Totem Stickers. Calling a temporary end to that quest, I decided to take on Hapu on Exeggutor Island. I opened with Muk against her Golurk. I Crunched Golurk, which made it faint, but not before setting up Stealth Rock. Now every time I sent out another Pokemon, I would take damage. She brought out Mudsdale, and I switched to Exeggutor. I was a bit nervous because I knew Mudsdale had the Z Crystal. I was able to use the Grass Z Move to beat it fast. Next came Flygon, and I switched to Sandslash, which I thought I could easily Icicle Spear it and it would be defeated. Instead, Flygon beat Sandslash through Earth Power. I brought out Dugtrio, and after hitting Flygon with Iron Head, Hapu switched out Flygon with Gastrodon, which absorbed my Iron Head attacks and beat me with Muddy Water. I switched back to Exeggutor, who beat both Gastrodon and Flygon, winning me the Grand Trial. I was given the Groundium-Z, and as of now, I have defeated all of the Trials and Grand Trials.

My Team
    Dugtrio-Lv.59
    Raichu-Lv.60
    Marowak-Lv.59
    Muk-Lv.59
    Sandslash-Lv.59
    Exeggutor-Lv.58

Trial & Grand Trial Review

1. Verdant Cavern: The first trial was quite challenging, and it made me concerned about Hala.
    2. Melemele Grand Trial: Hala was very difficult, due to my team at the time being mostly Dark types. Luckily, I was able to use a tactic I would use through a lot of my trials, Poison Chip Damage.
    3. Brooklet Hill: It was the second hardest trial of the bunch. Anyone who has been following this playthrough knows I almost gave up the run after this trial. After this trial, I determined that the Grand Trials mattered more than individual trials.
    4. Wela Volcano: Not nearly as hard as Brooklet Hill, especially with my own Marowak.
    5. Lush Jungle: Lurantis is usually very tough, but since I decided to use Poison Chip Damage, all I had to do was wait out Lurantis.
    6. Akala Grand Trial: Not nearly as tough as Hala was, and Dugtrio mostly swept her.
    7. Observatory: Piece of cake trial. Clean sweep. Boring, which was depressing.
    8. Thrift Store: This was a tricky trial, mainly because of the Totem having the disguise ability, which had me waste my Z-Move. Still Poison Chip Damage did the trick.
    9. Ula'ula Grand Trial: Very easy due to the regular flinching I managed to do. Usually Nanu is tough, but not so much this time.
    10. Vast Poni Cavern: Toughest trial of the bunch, mainly because of how fast the Kommo-o was. If I hadn't done the Poison Stall, I don't think I could have won that fight. It was a crazy trial.
    11. Seafolk Island: I think it was the most fun of the bunch, mainly because you got to run around and battle the other captains.
    12. Poni Island Grand Trial: Hapu was not as tough as I expected, and I was surprised Mudsdale wasn't able to pull off the Groundium Z Move. It was a fun ending of the trials.
    Overall, the trials are underestimated. They are tougher than some of the Gym Leaders, especially in recent times. 5 of them were tough, and most of the others were interesting and cool. Nice concept. On the next log, we will face down Victory Road. See you then!

Log #37-Mt. Lanakila
  • After beating Hapu, I did some journeying, mainly because I forgot whether or not you could look through the rest of Poni Island before the elite four. When I found out I couldn't, I decided to tackle Mt. Lanakila. The challenge was easy (even Gladion) except a Master and Apprentice, who I almost lost my team to. It was a bit frustrating. I did manage to clear out all of the trainers. I was surprised that I could easily find my way through the caves on the first try. Normally it takes me a few tries to get through, mainly because I get twisted around. Thank goodness I didn't this time. Professor Kukui met me at the Pokemon League, telling me about his Kanto experience, especially a "Dragon Type Champion" (I wonder who that was?)

I talked to the Move Reminder and got some moves reminded (thank goodness I had had a meal in Konikoni City, where they were giving out Heart Scales). Before I go battle the League, I am going to go a few places to get the Z Crystals. There are 3 Z Crystals I need to get to complete the basic set. These are:

Icium Z, which is in Mt. Lanakila, and I have yet to get it. Maybe a walkthrough will help. I need it for Sandslash.
    Flyinium Z, which is on Ten Carat Hill, Melemele Island.
    Psychium Z, which is in Haina Desert, Ula'ula Island. I can have it for Exeggutor, just so I can switch it out with the Grass Z Crystal as needed. I might need a walkthrough for it too.

The next log will be getting the three Z Crystals. After that, I will buy enough items to get through the Elite Four and Champion. See you then.

Log #38-Hunting Down Z-Crystals
  • Icium Z
    Leaving the Mt. Lanakila Pokemon Center, I went down the elevator back into the caves. I got back to the Ice Rock and walked around for a while until I found Veteran Ella, who was the key to finding the Z Crystal. Veteran Ella was a tough fight, especially if you are not ready for it. Eventually, I found the pedestal, pulled off the Icium Z, then gave it to Sandslash. One down, and it was the easy one.

Flyinium Z
    Finding this Z Crystal was difficult, mainly because Ten Carat Hill has multiple entrances. There was a lot of breaking rocks in the water through Sharpedo so I could eventually find the right space. Once I did, I got Tauros and used it to bust through the other large rocks. Finding the pedestal, I took the Z Crystal. Suddenly, a female golfer showed up, claiming she was the flying type expert. The game didn't say who she was, but I know she is Kahili, one of the Elite Four. While I was on the island, I decided to try to open up the Seaward Cave area, since it was one of the only darkened areas left on the map. At this point, I couldn't quite do it.

Psychium Z
    This was the most difficult find, considering I needed to go through the Haina Desert. I had to use a walkthrough to find it, which is here:
    It was an absolute lifesaver! Quick and easy. While I was here, I opened up the Ruins of Abundance so I could fly back later. Once I was done there, I flew back to Melemele Island and managed to open up Seaward Cave through a walkthrough, with the main find being the NeverMeltIce. I also found a strange swimmer, who offered to give me "a good night". Here is the walkthrough for Seaward Cave:

The next log is the Elite Four & Champion. Here is my Team before I go to take on the final challenge of the Main Story:
    Dugtrio
    Level: 62
    Primary Z-Crystal
    : Ground
    Alternate: Steel

Raichu
    Primary Z-Crystal: Aloraichium
    Alternates: Electric or Psychic

Marowak
    Primary Z-Crystal: Fire
    Alternates: Ground
    or Ghost

Muk
    Primary Z-Crystal: Poison
    Alternate: Dark

Sandslash
    Primary Z-Crystal: Ice
    Alternate: Steel

Exeggutor
    Level: 61
    Primary Z-Crystal: Grass
    Alternate: Psychic

Log #39-Elite Four & Champion
  • Molayne
    Starting with Molayne, I opened with Marowak. Marowak fought against most of Molayne's team, and it was proof that doing affection work can make a difference. it stood up until close to the end with Metagross, where Dugtrio mopped it up. 1 Down, 3 To Go!

Olivia
    Next was Olivia. I brought out Dugtrio against Armaldo, beating it down. Exeggutor took out Probopass and Gigalith, also doing a majority of the damage against Lycanroc. I switched to Dugtrio to finish Lycanroc, then switched to Muk for Cradily, hoping to take advantage of the Grass typing. It was funny because I managed to poison it, Olivia Full Healed it, then I poisoned it again. Poison damage eventually brought it down. 2 Down, 2 To Go!

Acerola
    I opened with Muk against Banette, crunching it. She switched to Palossand, which Exeggutor Z Moved. Marowak battled Frosslass, which eventually saw Marowak faint. I had Muk beat Frosslass and Dhelmise. Raichu finished with battle against Driftblim. It was close, but Raichu beat it, winning the day.

Kahili
    I opened with Raichu against Braviary. Raichu beat Braviary and Hawlucha before falling to Mandibuzz. Sandslash came out to finish Mandibuzz and used Subzero Hammer against Toucannon before falling to Oricorio. Muk finished Oricorio.

Hau
    Hau opened with Raichu against my Dugtrio. Beat it down. He went to Flareon, and I brought out Marowak. After I did some damage to Flareon, he switched to Noivern. I changed to Sandslash, which took it down. He changed to Tauros, which Exeggutor beat after a hard fight. He brought back Flareon, which Dugtrio beat. Then came Crabominable, which after a tough battle, Marowak stopped. Raichu came out again to best Primarina. I beat Hau, and the League.

The next log starts the Post Game! Thank you for the support so far!

Back
    Top Bottom