• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 "Gym Leader Ace Pokemon" Challenge

Log #22-Breaking Down The Safehouse
Chasing after Team Plasma (following Hugh), I am eventually met by Rood, one of the former "Seven Sages" of Team Plasma. He supports the original Team Plasma. There are apparently two Team Plasmas. The first one (the one from the original Black & White) still follows N. N has disappeared following the events of the original games. The other Team Plasma (the one Hugh & I have been fighting) follows Ghetsis. They want to take over the world. Two Team Plasmas, two different directions.

After I beat Rood, he gifted me N's Zorua. I immediately boxed it. Hugh, for his part, vowed to attack Team Plasma, no matter the position they all take. Hugh departed to battle Clay, while I went back to Nimbasa for a bit. In the next Log, we will challenge Clay for our 5th Badge. See you soon!

Log #23-Clay (Gym #5)
In Nimbasa City, I trained on the Big Stadium & Small Court. I also ran into Trisha again. Then I rode my bike across the Driftveil Drawbridge, arriving back into Driftveil. I healed up and got ready to battle Clay.

My Team Thus Far:
Seamus (Emboar)-Level 36
Clay (Excadrill)-Level 36
Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 35
Skyla (Swanna)-Level 35
Roxie (Scolipede)-Level 35

Puzzle: The puzzle is a challenge, mainly because there are a few conveyor belts, and it is hard to know which direction you have to take, both to battle the trainers as well as find Clay. Clay is at a pink conveyor belt.

Gym Trainers: The trainers aren't too hard, though the surprising Drilburs can make you wonder about the teams. At the same time, it is a challenge, just in case you want to get back to heal up your team.

Clay.jpg
Gym Leader: Clay can be challenging, especially due to Excadrill. If you let that Pokemon get started, it can sweep!

Coming into this battle, I had Burgh (Level 35) and Skyla (Level 35). Skyla was there for Excadrill and to back up Burgh if things got problematic. Clay opened with Krokorok (Level 31) and I opened with Burgh (Level 35). I hit it once with Razor Leaf, taking it down to red health, then it used Bulldoze, which did a little bit of damage. Clay healed up Krokorok, and 2 Razor Leaf ended that fight.

Clay, wanting to end the fight quickly, sends out Excadrill. I switch to Skyla and focus on using Bubblebeam. Bubblebeam does about three quarters damage. Excadrill brings down Rock Slide, which almost takes Skyla down, but another Bubblebeam ends Excadrill.

Clay brings out his final Pokemon, Sandslash, while I switch again to Burgh. Burgh takes down Sandslash quite a bit, then Sandslash uses Bulldoze, causing Burgh some more damage. Burgh finishes with Razor Leaf, ending the battle with my victory. 5th Badge down!

After I beat Clay, Hugh congratulates me on my win. Clay explains about the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) and he and Hugh head off to the PWT, which is in the south of Driftveil. In the next Log, we will go to the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT) and check it out! See you soon!

Had a feeling that this gym would not be bad. Do you have an idea on what your final team will be at this point, or is there a Pokémon that you are waiting for?
Honestly, I think it's going to be:
Emboar (Seamus)
Excadrill (Clay)
Leavanny (Burgh)
Swanna (Skyla)
Zebstrika (Elesa)
Haxorus
(Drayden)

WeaknessPokemon
FireClay & Burgh
WaterSeamus & Clay
FightingClay
FlyingSeamus & Burgh
PoisonBurgh
GroundSeamus, Clay, & Elesa
RockSkyla
BugBurgh
ElectricSkyla
PsychicSeamus
IceBurgh & Drayden
DragonDrayden
Fairy (Not Applicable)Drayden

This team feels balanced, especially for when I eventually go up against the Elite Four. What do you all think?

Honestly, I think it's going to be:
Emboar (Seamus)
Excadrill (Clay)
Leavanny (Burgh)
Swanna (Skyla)
Zebstrika (Elesa)
Haxorus
(Drayden)

WeaknessPokemon
FireClay & Burgh
WaterSeamus & Clay
FightingClay
FlyingSeamus & Burgh
PoisonBurgh
GroundSeamus, Clay, & Elesa
RockSkyla
BugBurgh
ElectricSkyla
PsychicSeamus
IceBurgh & Drayden
DragonDrayden
Fairy (Not Applicable)Drayden

This team feels balanced, especially for when I eventually go up against the Elite Four. What do you all think?
Checks a team builder
It is balanced. Just watch out for Ground type moves. Three of them are weak to Ground. Granted, you have two Pokemon that can handle them (one of which is straight up immune to Ground moves).

Log #24-Taking On The PWT
I defeated Clay, healed up, then traveled south, to the Pokemon World Tournament. The PWT brings together all of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champions, & Major NPCs in a winner take all battle royale to determine the strongest trainer of them all. When you first go to the PWT, the only tournament available is the "Driftveil Tournament". On this occasion, you battle Hugh, Cheren, & Colress.

The Three Pokemon I Used Were:
Seamus (Emboar)-Level 36
Clay (Excadrill)-Level 36
Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 36

Here is the breakdown of the Driftveil Tournament:
229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
The first battle I had was with Hugh. Hugh comes into this battle with Dewott, Simisage, & Tranquill. Unfortunately, because I didn't know which Pokemon he was opening with, I started with Seamus, then quickly changed to Burgh.

Dewott used Water Pulse against Burgh, who took a little bit of damage. One Leaf Blade took out Dewott in an OHKO. Hugh switched to Tranquill, and I switched to Clay. Tranquill used Detect to protect against a Rock Slide, but a second Rock Slide beat it down. Down to his last Pokemon, he brought out Simisage, and I went back to Seamus. Simisage repeatedly used Seed Bomb, and 2 Heat Crashes took it out.
227px-Black_2_White_2_Cheren.png
The second battle I had was with Cheren. Cheren comes into the battle with Stoutland, Cinccino, & Watchog. I brought out Seamus.

Seamus easily took out all three, just using Arm Thrust. All Cheren did was setting up using Work Up.
319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png
The last battle was with Colress, the mysterious scientist. Colress barely attacked, despite coming into this battle with Magneton, Elgyem, & Klink. I started with Seamus, who hit with a Heat Crash. I was expecting that Magneton had Sturdy, but when it fell so easily, I was relieved.

Colress brought out Elgyem, and, after taking a moment, I switched to Burgh. Burgh used Struggle Bug, taking it out with an OHKO. In the final fight, I switched to Clay against Klink. One quick Earthquake ended that fight.

With this win, I am now the winner of the tournament!

After I won the tournament, I left the PWT building. Hugh and I saw some Team Plasma grunts racing down to a location, which I later saw was the Plasma Frigate. Honestly, I thought the Frigate stuff didn't start for a while yet (I have not played Unova in quite a while). I also taught Skyla Fly, then flew to Nimbasa, where I battled in Big Stadium & Small Court as well as Trisha again.

In the next Log, we will battle on the Team Plasma Frigate. See you soon!

Log #25-Plasma Frigate (Part I)
Plasma Frigate.png
I thought the first instance of the Plasma Frigate was later, and I wondered if I could skip it for right now, get my Axew and Zebstrika, then come back, but that wouldn't be fitting to the story, so...

With my team ready to battle, I took on Team Plasma for the first official time. Cheren was my first Tag Battle Partner and Hugh was my second. I helped to clear out the Grunts, who all used Poison types. That was tough on Burgh, but I kept swapping out between it and Roxie.

Zinzolin is the leader of the Plasma Grunts on the ship, and he mentioned how they were going to use the Legendary Dragon to make Unova controlled by Team Plasma.

Then the Shadow Triad showed up and the ship disappeared.

After I beat Team Plasma this time, Hugh ran off to continue the hunt and Cheren left Driftveil for Route 6. In the next Log, we will take on Route 6, which boasts two caves: Chargestone & Mistralton. See you soon!

Thank you so much for the 1k views! This means so much!

Log #26-The Two Caves on Route 6
Before I began this posting, I flew back to Nimbasa and battled Trisha again. Then I flew back to Driftveil. It was raining in the overworld. It was the first major time I dealt with a change in weather, so that was cool. Route 6 is also where the Foongus appearing as Pokeballs begins to show up. Cheren walks with me into the Seasonal Research Lab, where the scientists are studying the forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck.

1889481-585deerling.png
Sawsbuck.jpg

Cheren gives me Surf, then tells me to be careful of Team Plasma. Departing the Seasonal Institute after I am gifted a Deerling which I name Bambi, then deposit in the box, I move on to clearing out Route 6. Rain brings a new dimension to battles, weakening Fire, Rock, Grass, and Ground Types while strengthening Water & Electric Types. on one of the bridges, I am met by Cobalion, who quickly dashes away. Rood and another Gentlemen talk to me about Cobalion.

638Cobalion_BW_anime.png
Cobalion is the leader of the "Swords of Justice". This group of Legendaries includes Cobalion, Virizion, & Terrakion, along with the "sword in training" Keldeo.

Cobalion dislikes humans & protects Pokemon.

I paused in a house that heals the team. Then I moved on to Chargestone Cave. What will we find there?

Chargestone Cave
Chargestone_Cave_exterior_Summer_B2W2.png
Chargestone Cave is the Cave which is the first one in the series to introduce the "magnetic field evolution phenomenon". It is also known as the cave where rocks float. Partway through the exploration of the cave, Bianca shows up, talking about Tynamo.

Don't hesitate to go back to the doctor and get healed, as there is a triple battle within the cave. You will have to get healed up regularly, as it can be hard to clear with all of the battles. It wasn't too long before I came out on the other side to Mistralton City, home of the 6th Gym Badge.

I flew back to Driftveil City because to get to Mistralton Cave, you have to Surf to Mistralton Cave, an isolated cave on the side of the Route. Skyla is my Surfer and Flyer now.

Mistralton Cave
Chargestone_Cave_exterior_Summer_B2W2.png
This is the image of Chargestone Cave, but there isn't much difference in the look between the two in exterior appearance. Inside, however, Mistralton Cave is pitch black. I wasn't in the cave that long, just long enough to pick up my male Axew that I named Drayden (Level 30).

Once I get Drayden trained up, I will go north of Mistralton City onto Route 7, where my Zebstrika awaits. In the next Log, we will go onto Route 7 and look at what is there. Until then, we will see you!

Log #27-The Raised Paths of Route 7
Before I went onto Route 7, I used Breeder Galen in Lostlorn Forest (a repeatable encounter) and Big Stadium & Small Court to get Drayden from Axew to Fraxure. Flying back to Mistralton, I had a meeting with Professor Juniper and Skyla, the Mistralton Gym Leader. Juniper & Skyla talked about going to Opelucid, Juniper gave me the Master Ball, and Skyla told me she was looking forward to battling me at the Gym.

skyla.png
Skyla may be ready for me to battle her, but as she suggested, I am going to go train on Route 7. On Route 7 is Celestial Tower as well, so I will have a day or two before I battle her. Looking forward to battling you Skyla! Hope you are ready for me!

Route 7 was raining when I walked onto the route. The grass is very tall, stopping use of a bike and making you disappear into the landscape. Before I seriously take on the raised paths and the tall grass, I walked into a small section of the grass, eventually finding my female Zebstrika (Level 31) that I named Elesa. Leaving the route for now, I trained up Elesa to Level 38 using Breeder Galen once again. Before I take on Route 7, I am going to battle in Nimbasa City, then steel myself for the various trainers in the tall grass and raised paths of Route 7.

One set of Nimbasa Battles later...

With my team built up, I took on Route 7. My experience with Virbank Complex helped with knowing how to walk on the walkways. I also battled all of the trainers, jumping off the walkways as needed. Route 7 is a crossroads. One is toward Celestial Tower, while the other leads toward Twist Mountain.

Marshal.jpg
Marshal is one of the Unova Elite Four. He told me I couldn't go into Twist Mountain because it has collapsed. One of these days Marshal, I will beat you!

Taking the other road lead me to Celestial Tower. There was a healing house nearby, and I recovered my team. Once I got to Celestial Tower, I walked into the entrance where Professor Juniper was waiting. What does she have to say? Next Log, we will find out and also explore the tower. See you soon!

Log #28-Tower To The Stars
Celestial Tower.jpg
I saw Professor Juniper, who actually was ticked off that I didn't yet battle Skyla. Apparently she just expected me to go battle her right away so that Juniper could go to her next destination. I didn't know you were so impatient!

Celestial Tower has 5 Levels, and there are a lot of trainers here! It wasn't too hard to beat them, and it was good to train up the team. Reaching the top, where the bell was, I rang it, then flew back to Mistralton. I hope that bell gave me good luck in my battle with Skyla.

I am using Breeder Marcus (Repeatable battle) to finish training up before Skyla. Speaking of Skyla, the battle with her is the next Log. Before I battle her though, I will take on another round of Nimbasa City battles likely...
See you soon!

Last edited:
Log #29-Skyla (Gym #6)
Before I battled Skyla, I battled in Nimbasa City (Big Stadium, Small Court, Trisha), then I flew back to Mistralton City, healing before the battles. I walked to the airplane hanger (I think it is cool that they have actual airplanes nearby!) and prepared myself for what was to come.

My Team Thus Far:
Elesa (Zebstrika)-Level 42
Clay (Excadrill)-Level 42
Seamus (Emboar)-Level 42
Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 42
Drayden (Fraxure)-Level 41
Skyla (Swanna)-Level 41

Puzzle: The challenge starts right away as Clyde slams into me due to the wind, who gives me a Fresh Water as an apology. The wind tunnel in the Gym is EXTREME! If you stand out in the open, you can actually end up kicked out of the Gym by the wind. Luckily, there are walls that can block the wind. There are also fans that can be a strong block to the wind. I slammed against several of the fans as I attempted to get to more than one of the walls. Eventually, I got to the battle with Skyla. Toughest puzzle in Unova!

Gym Trainers: There are 4 Trainers in the Gym. It's better that they are pilots versus having the miners in the original games. Plus, the trainers also act as a good buffer against the winds, especially when they block wall access. I switch trained Elesa & Clay using the trainers. They are good practice for Skyla.

skyla.png
Gym Leader: I had originally planned to use a combination of Elesa and Clay for this battle. In the end, I used Elesa exclusively to clear out this battle. Skyla opened with Swoobat (Level 37). One Discharge and an OHKO.

Wanting to end the battle quickly, she sent out Swanna (Level 39). In the original Black & White, it had Aqua Ring instead of Roost like it does in this game. Roost is far more of a threat if I had to choose between the two, in my opinion. Unfortunately for Swanna, it had an OHKO due to one Discharge from Elesa.

Now backed into a corner, Skyla sent out Skarmory (Level 37). Elesa used Discharge, which would have dropped Skarmory if it had not been for its Sturdy ability. Skyla used a Hyper Potion. Elesa used Discharge again, which once again triggered Sturdy. Another Discharge ended that battle, giving me the win.

6th Badge Down!

In the end, Skyla mentioned Professor Juniper, stating that Skyla had promised her a ride in the plane.

In the next Log, we will head off to our next destination, wherever it may be! Off we go! See you soon!

Log #30-Onward To Lentimas
I did a few things before I went to Mistralton Airport. First, I flew back to Nimbasa City, battling the stadiums & Trisha before flying back to Mistralton. Then I changed out my team to Cheren, Lenora, & Roxie, building up using Breeder Marcus. I am working on building a secondary team, which would be the following:
Cheren (Stoutland)
Lenora (Watchog)
Roxie (Scolipede)
Brycen (Beartic)-Can't get a Cubchoo on Route 7 until Winter
Marlon (Jellicent)-Can't get Jellicent until Route 13, quite a bit later

Why am I building a Secondary Team? For the HMs. Cheren will be for Strength, Lenora will be for Flash (I know its not an HM, but will be useful for caves), and Marlon will be for Dive. Brycen & Roxie are purely for team balance.

Moving on, I took my main team to Lentimas Town. In Lentimas, Juniper talked about Team Plasma hunting for the Legendary Dragons, Reshiram & Zekrom.

643Reshiram_BW_anime.png
644Zekrom_BW_anime.png

I think Professor Juniper is forgetting about Kyurem. Anyway, she wants me to go to Opelucid to talk to Drayden about the dragons.

Drayden.jpg
Juniper may want me to talk to Drayden about the Dragons, but I am also going there to battle him. It will be a few days before I am there to battle him, so let the long journey to Drayden commence!

Battle first, story second!

Having safely landed in Lentimas, Bianca headed off to the East, where Reversal Mountain is. She also made veiled references to Heatran. One of the people in the Lentimas Pokemon Center mentioned how Reversal Mountain is like Stark Mountain. I feel a Legend Hunt eventually coming! In the next Log, I will join Bianca at Reversal Mountain. Until then, we will see you!

Log #31-Reversal Mountain
Still in Lentimas and in pursuit of Bianca, I rode east, first checking out the Scary House, though during the time I was there, while it still had stuff moving, it was not too scary. Departing from there, I continued to Reversal Mountain, battling a few trainers along the way. Going into the Mountain itself, I did some minor exploration alone, then ran into Bianca, who was already there, as expected.

275px-Black_2_White_2_Bianca.png
Bianca and I traveled together through Reversal Mountain. Man! She was very helpful here. For every battle that was had, she would heal up the team, making this a good time to train up as needed. I could also battle unafraid, which was nice.

Bianca comes into this partnership with Musharna (Level 40), Mienfoo (Level 38), & Stoutland (Level 38). She defaults to Musharna, who is really powerful, coming in with Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic, & Hypnosis.

This was a very good partnership, and it helped to boost my team to Level 43-44. She did her investigating, including finding out where Heatran would settle as long as the Magma Stone was present.

Upon beating all of the trainers, we parted ways. I continued out to Undella Town, while she continued her research. Good luck Bianca!

We will fly back to Lentimas, where we will board the plane back to Mistralton, then get back to Nimbasa for more training at the stadiums. More training never hurts! In the next Log, we will explore Undella Town & Undella Bay. Until then, we will see you!

Log #32-Undella Town & Undella Bay
Coming out of Reversal Mountain, I found myself in Undella Town. Undella Town is where the wealthy hang out. One of the Villas belongs to Caitlin.

caitlin.png
Caitlin first showed up in Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold & Soulsilver as part of the Battle Castle part of the Battle Frontier. By the time of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, & White 2, she becomes part of the Elite Four. The fact that she has a villa says she is wealthy beyond belief.

After I checked out the Villas, I battled Hugh (easily beat him) then explored Undella Bay. While I was Surfing around the bay, battling trainers, I also caught a male Frillish (Level 40) who I named Marlon. While I was exploring around, I found Seaside Cave, which I can't enter yet. Coming back on shore to Undella Town, it is easy to find yourself on Route 14 if you walk near the borders of the town. There is also the entrance to the Marine Tube, which leads to Humilau City, near the Route 13 Gate. In the next 2 Logs, we will do some exploration.

Log #33-Route 13 (which is accessed through the gate to the north)
Log #34-Route 14

Until then, we will see you!

Coming out of Reversal Mountain, I found myself in Undella Town. Undella Town is where the wealthy hang out. One of the Villas belongs to Caitlin.

View attachment 147897Caitlin first showed up in Pokemon Platinum, Heartgold & Soulsilver as part of the Battle Castle part of the Battle Frontier. By the time of Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, & White 2, she becomes part of the Elite Four. The fact that she has a villa says she is wealthy beyond belief.

After I checked out the Villas, I battled Hugh (easily beat him) then explored Undella Bay. While I was Surfing around the bay, battling trainers, I also caught a male Frillish (Level 40) who I named Marlon. While I was exploring around, I found Seaside Cave, which I can't enter yet. Coming back on shore to Undella Town, it is easy to find yourself on Route 14 if you walk near the borders of the town. There is also the entrance to the Marine Tube, which leads to Humilau City, near the Route 13 Gate. In the next 2 Logs, we will do some exploration.

Log #33-Route 13 (which is accessed through the gate to the north)
Log #34-Route 14

Until then, we will see you!
I don't remember if Cynthia can be battled yet in these games. I know she is a post game fight in the originals. I don't remember about Black 2 and White 2.

Log #33-Route 13
Unova Route 13.jpg
Route 13, just north of Undella Town & east of Lacunosa Town, is ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE! It is no surprise that this Route is known as "the longest Route in Unova". There is so much to explore here. Many of the trainers here are very challenging, giving my team a very tough experience. Certainly a place you should explore every inch of if you can.

638Cobalion_BW_anime.png
Toward the end of the route, Cobalion is waiting for me. It is very intense, and is going to be a tough fight when I get there. Sorry Cobalion, but you will have to wait a little bit before I feel ready to battle you.

Before I take on and capture Cobalion, I intend to take on Route 14, which is probably going to be super dangerous, mainly because of the constant fog on the Route. In the next log, we will explore this foggy Route. I am very nervous, but determined. Until then, we will see you!

Log #34-Route 14
1200px-Unova_Route_14_Summer_B2W2.png
Route 14 is a fog locked Route. Thank goodness I don't need Defog. There are quite a few battles here, including Triple & Rotation Battles.

At the end of the Route, there is the entrance to Black City (Black 2) and White Forest (White 2). Unfortunately, you can't go there until the Post Game.

In the next Log, we will go back to Route 13 and go find Cobalion and catch it. See you soon!

Log #35-Cobalion
638Cobalion_BW_anime.png
Upon clearing Route 14, I flew back to Driftveil, traded some Red Shards for Drill Run (Clay) and Dual Chop (Drayden), then flew to Undella Town, riding back onto Route 13, where Cobalion waited for me. I have to say that the Swords of Justice have one of the coolest cut scenes of any Legendary group.

Cobalion is Steel/Fighting, and comes in at Level 45 (or Level 65 Post Game). It took me a few tries to try to catch it.

Try 1: Used Clay to lower the HP with Rock Slide, then I used Drill Run, fainting it.

Try 2: Whittled it down and took a lot of Ultra Balls to even try to catch it (I bought 30)

Try 3: Used Drill Run first, bringing Cobalion into the red. One Ultra Ball captured it.

Named it Ferric, after the element Iron.

One down, 2 more to go! In the next Log, we will go to Lacunosa Town and explore Giant Chasm. See you soon!

Log #36-Lacunosa Town & Village Bridge
After my daily Nimbasa City battles, I crossed from Route 13 to Lacunosa Town, where Professor Juniper & Bianca met me, Bianca telling me that she beat me here because she could just fly here. Hey Bianca, you don't have to battle trainers and get Gyms beaten and the like! Juniper brought Bianca and I to a house, where an old woman told me the story of Lacunosa Town. She discussed about a dragon who would go to the town and eat people. Kyurem.

646Kyurem_BW_anime.png
Kyurem is the monster that attacked Lacunosa Town. The town was forced to build a wall a long time ago to defend against it due to the fact that the Giant Chasm (Kyuren's home) is behind the town.

Professor Juniper talked to me about Reshiram, then she asked me to talk to Drayden about the dragons. Then the two of them left. I walked through the town, talking to many of the people. Eventually, I met up with Hugh, who was attacked by Zinzolin & one of the Team Plasma grunts. Hugh used Samurott and I used Elesa & Drayden to beat them. After that, Hugh ran off, and I left Lacunosa Town. Unfortunately, I could not go to Giant Chasm right now, as the road was blocked.

Instead, I went on to Route 12 and Village Bridge. There was a Gentleman who I beat quickly. Thank goodness there was a house I could heal in! I then battled all of the trainers near the area. Once I passed through Village Bridge, I crossed onto Route 11. There is a repeatable battle there, and I cleared as many of the trainers there as I could. Once I got to the end of the Route, Virizion jumped down, ready for battle. In the next log, we will work to capture it! See you soon!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom