• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 "Gym Leader Ace Pokemon" Challenge

Log #66-Nacrene & Striaton
153px-Black_White_Burgh.png
In Nacrene City, I explored all of the lofts. Apparently, Burgh, the Castelia City Gym Leader, is from Nacrene City, where he goes when he is having an artist's block.

One of the places in Nacrene, there was a restaraunt, where I am given a dirty rag from a "trainer who has a brown Pokemon that knows Hyper Fang". Clearly it is either a Patrat or a Watchog. I just have to watch for them, since I don't know when they will appear.
320px-Lake_guardians_anime.png
In front of the Nacrene Museum, I caught Uxie (Level 65), mainly by Poisoning it and lowering the HP. It was easy to capture.
120px-Black_White_Lenora_2.png
Going into the Nacrene Gym, I am met by Lenora and Hawes, the owners of the Nacrene Museum. Two Years Ago, it was the home of the Nacrene Gym, which specialized in Normal Types. Today, Lenora retired to focus on her research.

I gathered a Tirtouga from the museum.

Going onto Route 3, I got an egg, which I boxed, then I continued training my Main Team. There was a Daycare and many Preschoolers. Eventually, I got into Striaton City.

Striaton Trio.jpg
I explored the entirety of Striaton City, but there wasn't much to do. I saw a restaurant, which I saw was a former Gym. I participated in a Pansage Show, then joined in with one of the brothers (I chose Cilan) to do a Double Battle. The battle was much harder than expected, still I eventually won.

Leaving the former Gym, I prepared to go to the Dream Yard, which is not that far away from the City. In the next Log, we will explore there. Until then, we will see you!

Log #67-Dreamyard Legend
Before I left Striaton City, I switched my teams, from my Primary to Secondary, then I walked into the Dreamyard.

380Latias_XY_anime.png
Immediately upon coming in, Latias began to force me to chase it around. It took me a bit to chase it and get it to stop.

Once Latias engaged me in battle, I had a strategy. I put it to sleep using Lenora (Watchog), then started using Hyper Fang, dropping down the health of Latias. It woke up once, attacked, but was soon put back to sleep.

I then chucked Ultra Balls, hoping not to use my Master Ball but prepared to do so. Two Ultra Balls and Latias was caught!

I am down to one last Legendary, Heatran, which I am planning to catch using the Master Ball. I am also going to get the other one from Colress to use in the Nature Preserve, since the prize is a shiny Haxorus!

In the next Log, I will be travel through Accumula Town, Nuvema Town, and the Plasma Frigate for the last time. Until then, we will see you!

Log #68-Accumula & Nuvema
Leaving Striaton City, I pushed south, traveling on Route 2 which lead me to Accumula Town. I checked out the town, then continued south, through Route 1, arriving in Nuvema Town. I talked to the mother of the Legendary Hero of 2 Years Ago. I then got to Professor Juniper's Lab.

246px-Black_White_Juniper.png
After all this time, after THE WHOLE GAME, I finally get to go to her lab. I also talked to Cedric Juniper. I can see why Bianca wants to work with her.

She seems not to do much as a Professor, but she was more involved in this game than I think she was in the first games.

After exploring Nuvema, I set to find the Plasma Frigate. During this time, I somehow found the Magma Stone. That was a random location. It is the item I need for going after Heatran. I also, for some reason, met Crasher Wake, who went to the PWT. The currents of Route 17 are very tricky to pass through! Eventually I figured out the right path, finding myself near the Team Plasma Frigate.

319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png
The only battle at the Frigate remaining is Colress. His team is Level 72 and mostly Steel types. It is a Very Tough Fight! It challenged my entire team, but eventually I beat him. As a reward for beating him, he gives another Master Ball, marking this as the only time I have ever heard of a game giving you 2 Master Balls outside of a raffle.

In the next Log, we will go back to Reversal Mountain and go after Heatran. Until next time, we will see you for the last Log!

Log #69-Reversal Mountain Revisited
Unfortunately, I can't go to the Nature Preserve, but I can go after Heatran. This is the last hurrah, the last Log. It has been a very long time (at least for me) coming, and it is nice to finally get to the end. Let's tackle this in the last battle of this Game.

800px-485Heatran_DP_anime.png
Upon going to Reversal Mountain, I found myself in a steam bath! I explored the caverns, finding the deepest part, where Heatran appears if you have the Magma Stone (which I got on Route 17 in the last Log).

Heatran dropped out of nowhere to challenge me! The thing is Level 68. Long story short, I didn't want to fight it, so I just caught it in one of my two Master Balls, ending the run.

As I close this out, I am going to share the final levels for my Main Team:

Seamus (Emboar)-Level 73
Clay (Excadrill)-Level 73
Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 73
Elesa (Zebstrika)-Level 73
Drayden (Haxorus)-Level 73
Skyla (Swanna)-Level 73

Thank you for the 4,000 Views on this Run! Where are we going next? To honor the soon to be released Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, we are going to do a Nostalgia Run of Pokemon Diamond! This will be fun, considering how so many of you may have forgotten how strange those games really were.

Next time, Sinnoh!

Unfortunately, I can't go to the Nature Preserve, but I can go after Heatran. This is the last hurrah, the last Log. It has been a very long time (at least for me) coming, and it is nice to finally get to the end. Let's tackle this in the last battle of this Game.

View attachment 149066Upon going to Reversal Mountain, I found myself in a steam bath! I explored the caverns, finding the deepest part, where Heatran appears if you have the Magma Stone (which I got on Route 17 in the last Log).

Heatran dropped out of nowhere to challenge me! The thing is Level 68. Long story short, I didn't want to fight it, so I just caught it in one of my two Master Balls, ending the run.

As I close this out, I am going to share the final levels for my Main Team:

Seamus (Emboar)-Level 73
Clay (Excadrill)-Level 73
Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 73
Elesa (Zebstrika)-Level 73
Drayden (Haxorus)-Level 73
Skyla (Swanna)-Level 73

Thank you for the 4,000 Views on this Run! Where are we going next? To honor the soon to be released Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, we are going to do a Nostalgia Run of Pokemon Diamond! This will be fun, considering how so many of you may have forgotten how strange those games really were.

Next time, Sinnoh!
Nice work! If you need ideas, feel free to ask me. I can offer some. Here is one: no STAB moves.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom