• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 Team Replacement Run

While it would make sense, the current title that you have for this makes more sense since it would tell those who have not played Pokemon Black & White what this is about, since "the 'N' Run" does not say anything about this at all. They would think that you are only use Pokemon that start with the letter N.
Yeah, I shouldn't have to explain a title for a Run before the Run starts. Lol. :D

Log #7-Castelia City & The Sewers
Castelia City.jpg
Castelia City
Hugh & I land in Castelia City, where Hugh runs off to go after Team Plasma. As for myself, I settle into Castelia City, one of the largest cities in Unova. From one of the clowns, I receive a bike, quickly equip it, then take on the Harlequin Hunt, a way to get to know the city better. I located the 3 clowns, noting locations in the city where there are opportunities to show the strength of the eventual Team I will build. I know the next objective is to get access to the Castelia Sewers, but I am not exactly sure how to do so.
iris.png

153px-Black_White_Burgh.png
Castelia Sewers
As I head to the Gym, hoping to get my bearings, Clyde the Gym Guide tells me that Burgh, the Gym Leader, is not there. He is at the Castelia Sewers. A girl named Iris met up with Hugh & myself, guiding us to the entrance to the sewers. Hugh and I enter the sewers. This is typically an opportunity to train Teams, but for someone like myself, Hugh was a bit of an inconvenience. We got through, beat the Plasma Grunts, and met Burgh, the Castelia City Gym Leader. Once he and Hugh leave, I can now go to collect my first Team Members. In the Sewers, I collect:

My Team:
Grimer (Level 15)
Rattata (Level 14)
Zubat (Level 17)

For now, I withdraw back to Virbank City, where I will train them up using Audino Farming at the Virbank Complex. The goal is the Level 22. Once I have achieved that, which should allow for Rattata to become Raticate & Zubat to become Golbat, I will be heading back into the Sewers, which will set the stage for the next 2 Logs.

Future Logs:
Log #8-Relic Cave
Log #9-Castelia Park

Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #8-Relic Passage
Castelia City.jpg
Originally, this Log was called Relic Cave, but I looked at the name and it's actually called Relic Passage. Regardless, the information is the same.

Relic Passage
There is a Hooligan in Virbank who will trade Poke Balls for Great Balls. That was super helpful here. I headed back to Castelia Sewers, eventually finding my way to Relic Passage. In Relic Passage, I caught Timburr, Roggenrola, Woobat, and Onix before I battled the Trainers here. Drilbur took a bit to find, since I had to wait for a Dust Cloud.
Once I got out of the Passage, I traveled back to Virbank Complex, then traded out my Golbat, Grimer, & Raticate for my new captures. Soon, I will get my new ones set up, then will take on the next Log. In the next Log, we will head out to find Castelia Park, doing the necessary captures there.

Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Last edited:
Log #9-Castelia Park
Castelia City.jpg
Castelia Park
My Team at this point was:
Golbat
Grimer
Roggenrola
Woobat
Timburr
Drilbur

At Level 24, I headed back through the sewers, battling a few trainers, until I got to the stairs that lead to Castelia Park. While there, I captured Petilil, Skitty, & Eevee. This is also a good place to do Audino Farming, but I like the Virbank Complex better because it is close to a Pokemon Center. During the time I was in Castelia Park, Golbat evolved into Crobat. I am planning to get my team up to Level 27 before the battle with Burgh.

In the next Log, we will discuss why I am not using an Eevee for this Run, and if I was, which Eeveelution I would use. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #10-The Eevee Question
Eeveelutions.jpg
The Eeveelutions
In Unova, there are 7 possibilities for Eevee (as this is Generation 5, Sylveon doesn't exist yet). Let's discuss the Eeveelutions we do have access to.

Vaporeon-Vaporeon is gotten with exposure to a Water Stone. Water Stones are found at Route 19 (the earliest location), but it requires Surf to get to.
Jolteon-Jolteon is gotten with exposure to a Thunder Stone. Thunder Stones are found at Nimbasa City & Chargestone Cave. Neither location has been reached by me yet.
Flareon-Flareon is gotten with exposure to a Fire Stone. Fire Stones are found at Desert Resort & Lentimas Town. Neither location has been reached by me yet.
Espeon-Espeon is gotten through friendship through the day. The easiest way to boost friendship is the soothe bell, which is first found in Nimbasa City.
Umbreon-Umbreon is gotten through friendship through the night. The easiest way to boost friendship is the soothe bell, which is first found in Nimbasa City.
Leafeon-Leafeon happens when Eevee is exposed to a Moss Rock. The Moss Rock is in Pinwheel Forest.
Glaceon-Glaceon happens when Eevee is exposed to an Ice Rock. The Ice Rock is in Twist Mountain, near Icirrus City.

Due to the Rules of this Challenge, I don't have the ability to wait on getting Eevee up, and, even if I did, I would be replacing it soon anyway.

In the next Log, we will take on Burgh. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #11-Castelia Gym (Gym #3)
153px-Black_White_Burgh.png
Castelia Gym
Before I took on the Gym, this was my Team:
Crobat (Level 27)
Drilbur (Level 27)
Boldore (Level 27)
Grimer (Level 27)
Swoobat (Level 27)
Gurdurr (Level 27)

The Castelia Gym is a proper Bug Type Gym, with cocoons that the Trainers came out of. Those Trainers were all clowns. They could have had artists here, unless Burgh wanted to be the only artist in the Gym. Who knows. When I took on Burgh, he opened with Swadloon (Level 22) and I opened with Grimer (Level 27). Swadloon struck first with Razor Leaf, while Grimer fired off a Sludge Bomb, which was an OHKO. Next for Burgh was Dwebble (Level 22), which I was honestly worried about, since Dwebble doesn't feel the effect of typical Bug Types, being partially Rock Type. I sent out Boldore (Level 27). Dwebble struck with Struggle Bug. Boldore did Rock Slide, which, while it was Super Effective, forced Sturdy to activate. Another Struggle Bug, another two Rock Slides, which ended the fight between the two. Lastly for Burgh was Leavanny (Level 24), and I sent out Crobat (Level 27). Crobat was very fast, and one Wing Attack took it out, winning me the next Gym Battle.

In the next Log, we will be going from Castelia City onto Route 4, beginning the way to Nimbasa City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #12-The First Steps On Route 4
380px-Unova_Route_4_W2.png
I made sure to buy a few more Great Balls at Castelia City. We have 18 now, since there will be many captures in this area, as you can see from the list on the previous post. I ran into a man named Colress. He had shown up first as Hugh & I cleared the Castelia Sewers. He showed up again to ask me to battle him on Route 4.

Route 4
Route 4 is a Route that is surrounded by a desert. Drilbur & Boldore lead the charge on the Route due to Ground, Rock, & Steel Types are immune to the desert of the Route. Drilbur & Boldore battled a few trainers on the Route. I walked around, looking at the darker sand, knowing this was where I would be getting my new captures. I battled Colress as well, defeating his Magnemite & Klink, sending him packing. Afterward, I spent some time getting my first Team members, which were between Levels 14 & 16 when I captured them.

Current Team:
Sandile
Darumaka
Scraggy
Minccino

I decided to leave Route 4 for now, heading back to Virbank Complex for Audino Farming. Once my new squad is Level 25, I will be back. In the next Log, we will continue exploring Route 4. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #13-Back On Route 4 & Into The Desert Resort
380px-Unova_Route_4_W2.png
Route 4
When my Team got to Level 25, I headed back on to Route 4, where I battled a few more trainers as I headed toward the Desert Resort. During the exploration, I found myself near the Relic Castle area. I continued to battle as I caught the following:

Sandshrew
Dwebble
Maractus
Sigilyph

Right now, I have not found Trapinch, but I am sure I will find it, given enough time. I am going to head to Virbank Complex to train my newest captures. It doesn't help matters that the only Pokemon that was able to resist the desert sand was Sandile. Hopefully Sigilyph has Magic Guard, which will allow it to avoid damage from the desert sand as well.

My Team for the next Log will be:
Sandile
Darumaka
Scraggy
Sandshrew
Dwebble
Sigilyph (if it has Magic Guard)

In the next Log, we will search for a Trapinch, then go into Relic Castle, where we will go to find a Yamask. After that, we will train up. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #14-Finding Trapinch & Exploring Relic Castle
207px-328Trapinch_AG_anime.png

240px-0562Yamask.png
Before I get started with this post, I would like to state that Sigilyph has Magic Guard (I know there was a question at the last log). Anyway...

Desert Resort
With my Team ready to go, I headed into the desert of Route 4, finding myself eventually at the Desert Resort & near the Relic Castle. My first quest was to find a Trapinch, being the rarest Pokemon in the area (5%). If the Trapinch has Arena Trap (I don't know yet), I intend to be able to use it for the upcoming Gym, since the Gym uses Volt Switch. Upon looking at the ability, I may still have issues, but I can't be sure. Any advice on this could help.

Relic Castle
Heading into the Relic Castle and taking a break from the desert storms, my next goal was to catch the final Pokemon on my list, Yamask. In the time to find Yamask, I battled a few Trainers here as well. I will be training Trapinch & Yamask to Levels 25-26 at the Virbank Complex using Audino Farming.

In the next Log, my Team will be:
Team:
Sandile
Darumaka
Scraggy
Sandslash
Dwebble
Trapinch

As you can see, the majority of my Team for this Gym will be Ground Types. Once I am set with my Team, I will head for the next Log. In the next Log, we will go to Join Avenue on the way to Nimbasa City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

View attachment 168444

View attachment 168445
Before I get started with this post, I would like to state that Sigilyph has Magic Guard (I know there was a question at the last log). Anyway...

Desert Resort
With my Team ready to go, I headed into the desert of Route 4, finding myself eventually at the Desert Resort & near the Relic Castle. My first quest was to find a Trapinch, being the rarest Pokemon in the area (5%). If the Trapinch has Arena Trap (I don't know yet), I intend to be able to use it for the upcoming Gym, since the Gym uses Volt Switch. Upon looking at the ability, I may still have issues, but I can't be sure. Any advice on this could help.

Relic Castle
Heading into the Relic Castle and taking a break from the desert storms, my next goal was to catch the final Pokemon on my list, Yamask. In the time to find Yamask, I battled a few Trainers here as well. I will be training Trapinch & Yamask to Levels 25-26 at the Virbank Complex using Audino Farming.

In the next Log, my Team will be:
Team:
Sandile
Darumaka
Scraggy
Sandslash
Dwebble
Trapinch

As you can see, the majority of my Team for this Gym will be Ground Types. Once I am set with my Team, I will head for the next Log. In the next Log, we will go to Join Avenue on the way to Nimbasa City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!
Elesa might as well just hand you the base with how many ground types you have.

Log #15-Finding my way to Nimbasa
713px-Subway_Bosses.png
Join Avenue
When my Team was ready, I headed through Join Avenue, setting up a few businesses before moving on.

Nimbasa City
I finally crossed into Nimbasa City after several days of fits and starts. Nimbasa is a massive city, full of many entertainments. I checked out the park, where the Ferris wheel was. I also started training in the Big Stadium & Small Court, finding my Team at Level 28. Looking for more training, I ran into the other Protagonist, Nate, who asked for my help against Subway Bosses Ingo & Emmet. Trapinch mostly lead the charge to the win.

My Team:
Sandile
(Evolves at Level 29)
Darumaka (Evolves at Level 35)
Scraggy (Evolves at Level 39)
Dwebble (Evolves at Level 34)
Sandslash
Trapinch
(Evolves at Level 35, but I have no plans to evolve it)

My intention is to get my Team to Level 35 before I go battle Elesa. In the next Log, we will take on Elesa for our next badge. Given that Big Stadium & Small Court has Teams at Level 26, it should not take too long. If I have to, I will Audino Farm. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #16-Nimbasa Gym (Gym #4)
171px-Black_2_White_2_Elesa.png
Routes 5 & 16
Looking for more battles and experience, I traveled to Route 5, where I met with Bianca, who gave me Fly (HM02) and introduced me to Hidden Grottos. After she left, I battled the trainers (and thankfully didn't run into a Wild Pokemon). I then headed onto Route 16, where I battled a few more trainers. I also battled a few Audino at Virbank City. All of this work got my Team to Level 30. Curious how I would do, I decided to head off to try the battle with Elesa.

My Team
Krokorok
Darumaka
Scraggy
Dwebble
Sandslash
Trapinch

Nimbasa Gym

The new Nimbasa Gym (the old one from the original Black & White is still there with a reduced cast) is a modeling catwalk. I beat the 3 trainers, continuing to alternate my Team around. Getting to Elesa after I healed up, she opened with Emolga (Level 28) and I opened with Trapinch (Level 30). Trapinch repeatedly used Rock Slide, and Emolga mostly used Pursuit, and even though it was repeatedly healed up, it eventually fell. Next for Elesa was Flaaffy (Level 28), and I changed to Dwebble (Level 30). Dwebble was able to set up Stealth Rock before being Paralyzed and then Flaaffy Volt Switched out to Zebstrika (Level 30). Zebstrika took some damage from Stealth Rock, and some more from Rock Slide before switching back to Flaaffy through Volt Switch, which took out Dwebble. I switched back to Trapinch, who finished Flaaffy with Bulldoze. Zebstrika, now alone, faced down more damage from Stealth Rock and Darumaka (Level 30). Even though Darumaka took a Volt Switch, It fought back with a Fire Punch, which ended Zebstrika, getting me my 4th Badge and a walk down with some models. It was much tougher than I expected it to be.

In the next Log, we will go onto Routes 5 & 16, hoping to catch some new Team Members. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #17-Back On Routes 5 & 16
4353809-elemental monkeys.jpg
Routes 5 & 16
There were a few Pokemon I caught on Route 5 (Trubbish & Solosis), then I headed to Route 16, where I worked to head my way to Lostlorn Forest. In Lostlorn Forest, I could easily find Pinsir & Rosalia, then things got annoying, since most of the rest of the Pokemon were only findable through the Shaking Grass mechanic. Eventually, I caught the 3 Elemental Monkeys and Emolga, where were all randomly in the Shaking Grass. The only Pokemon I am missing in my list is Ducklett.
Captures complete for now, I headed back to the Virbank Complex. Gotta do some more farming of Audino! My plan is to get my Team to Level 28 before I move on. My Team is between Levels 22 & 24, so it shouldn't be too long. I could train in Lostlorn Forest, but there is the repeatable fight with the Breeder there, and I don't want to get trapped while hunting Audino there.

My Team:
Emolga
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Rosalia
Pinsir

In the next Log, we will be taking on Heartbreaker Charles. Until the next time, we will see you!

My Next Logs:
Log #18-Heartbreaker Charles
Log #19-Driftveil Drawbridge
& Ducklett
Log #20-The Two Plasmas
Log #21-Driftveil Gym (Gym #5)
Log #22-The Pokemon World Tournament
Log #23-Plasma Frigate (Part I)
-After this Log, I will post the next Catchable List.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom