• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 Team Replacement Run

Log #18-Heartbreaker Charles
320px-Charles_anime.png
Heartbreaker Charles
I got my Team to Level 28 before I took him on. He wanted to battle me in a Triple Battle. Heartbreaker Charles had Archen (Level 26), Sigilyph (Level 26), & Tirtouga (Level 26). I used Emolga, Roselia, & Pinsir. It was a back and forth fight, but I ended up coming out on top. Charles left, leaving Driftveil (or Charizard) Bridge open for passage. In the next Log, we will go onto the Bridge in an attempt to find a Ducklett. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #19-Driftveil Drawbridge & Ducklett
320px-Driftveil_Drawbridge_anime.png

240px-0580Ducklett.png
Driftveil Drawbridge
Driftveil Drawbridge is also known as Charizard Bridge. The Drawbridge connects Nimbasa and Driftveil Cities. On the Bridge, you can also catch a Ducklett, which I eventually did (Level 23). I decided to go back to Audino Farming and get up to Level 28. I left the bridge for now. During the Audino Farming, I am running the Team of:

My Current Team:
Ducklett
Pansear
Pansage
Panpour

In the next Log, we will take the Driftveil Bridge into Driftveil City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #20-The Two Plasmas
664px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png

568px-Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
Before I forget, starting at Log #18, the Season changed to Autumn. Once Ducklett was Level 29, I traveled across Driftveil Bridge, where I ran into...two Team Plasmas. One (the Pirate like one) is the one I am familiar with, and the other is a knight like one. The pirate one is aligned with Ghetsis, while the knight one is aligned with N, seemingly like the "Good Guys". Poor Hugh, since he really doesn't care, since Team Plasma, no matter what type, is hated by him, and he wants to take them down. After Hugh rushed off, I headed to a house where Team Plasma remains (the knight ones), where I battled one of their former leaders, Rood, who gave me a Zorua as a reward. The Zorua was befriended by N, and needed a new home. I thought about putting it on my Team for Clay, but decided against it.

Speaking of my Team for Clay, I am going to get my Team to Level 35, so that Ducklett will be Swanna. My current Level is Level 29.

Team for the Gym:
Pinsir
Roselia
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Swanna

In the next Log, we will be taking on Clay. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #21-Driftveil Gym (Gym #5)
Clay.jpg
Driftveil Gym
While I was training, I took on the Gym Trainers at Level 30. I got to be very nervous, since my Team had to take a lot of damage. I tried to take Clay on at Level 30. Krokorok (Level 31) & Sandslash (Level 28) could easily go down, but Excadrill (Level 33) was VERY NASTY, since somehow it was ridiculously fast. I withdrew until Level 33 (using Big Stadium, Small Court, & the Breeder in Lostlorn Forest), hoping to take on Clay and win. This was a VERY TOUGH fight, and I took a few tries to figure it out and get it to be ideal!

He opened with Krokorok, and I opened with Pinsir, who took out Krokorok with a single Brick Break. Clay sent out Excadrill, and I was very scared, since Excadrill has Rock Slide. Rock Slide could destroy most of my Team. During one of my tries, I ended up giving Ducklett Quick Claw. This allowed me to increase my speed for Ducklett. I kept Pinsir to battle and weaken Excadrill for a bit. A few Brick Breaks got Excadrill super low. Before Pinsir did the finishing hit, I switched to Ducklett, where Rock Slide missed, and a Water Pulse was able to defeat Excadrill. Roselia defeated Sandslash, ending Clay. Clay left to another location outside the Gym...the Pokemon World Tournament. Clay was by far the most difficult Gym so far. OMG Excadrill!

In the next Log, we will take on the Pokemon World Tournament. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #22-Pokemon World Tournament
Clay.jpg
Pokemon World Tournament
After beating the Driftveil Gym, Clay encouraged Hugh and I to travel with him south to the new area known as the Pokemon World Tournament, or PWT. He encouraged us to participate. Hugh was very enthusiastic, and I got my Team ready.

My Team for the PWT
Pinsir
Roselia
Ducklett
229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
Round 1: Me vs. Hugh
Hugh came into the battle with Pignite, Tranquill, and Simipour, all Level 25. Pinsir managed to take out Pignite and Tranquill with Brick Break, and for Simipour, I battled with Roselia. Even though Simipour was able to burn Roselia, Roselia beat Simipour. There goes Round 1!
227px-Black_2_White_2_Cheren.png
Round 2: Me vs. Cheren
Cheren came into the battle with Stoutland, Watchog, & Cinccino, all Level 25. All I had to do is use Pinsir and Brick Break, and got 3 OHKOs. There goes Round 2!
319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png
Round 3: Me vs. Colress
In the 3rd Round, I took on the scientist of Team Plasma, Colress. Magneton, Elgyem, & Klink all fell to Pinsir and Brick Break. As I won, I apparently convinced other Gym Leaders, like Roxie, to participate. When we left, Team Plasma's pirate ship showed up and I was challenged to help Hugh and Cheren take them down. In the next Log, we will take on Team Plasma for the first time on their boat. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #23-Plasma Frigate (Part I)
664px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
Plasma Frigate
I helped with Hugh (who has anger issues) and Cheren beating the Team Plasma members. I used the 3 Elemental Monkeys to clear out the boat. They used poison & dark Pokemon. It didn't take me too long, though I did leave to heal a few times. Eventually, Team Plasma left, to Hugh's frustration. Clay, Cheren, and Hugh left soon after.

In the next Log, we will go onto Route 6 on our way to Mistralton City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #24-Route 6 & The Seasonal Research Lab
Sawsbuck.jpg
Route 6
Heading west from Driftveil City, I arrived on Route 6. On the Route, I managed to catch Deerling, Karrablast, Shelmet, Marill, & Foongus. I took a little bit of a step away back to Virbank Complex to train a bit, getting Marill to be an Azumarill. Once most of my Team was Level 26 (Foongus is Level 29), I continued to the Seasonal Research Lab, where I collect a Level 30 Deerling and talk to Cheren. I am still trying to find Castform to have my first Team of 6, but so far, no luck.

My Team
Deerling
Karrablast
Azumarill
Shelmet
Foongus

I will continue to try to catch Castform. Once I get my Team to Level 34, I will be continuing past the Seasonal Research Lab. I think Castform is a Rustling Grass find, so I will go find it soon. Once I am ready, this will be my Team:

Sawsbuck
Karrablast
Azumarill
Shelmet
Foongus

By the next Log, I will collect Castform, on the way to the next Log. In the next Log, we will find our way to Chargestone Cave, where we will have a few captures to make (I think 5). Once those are trained, we will continue through the cave to Mistralton City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #25-Castform & the Rest of Route 6
castform_by_elik_chan-d3a9wxs.png
Castform
Eventually on Route 6, I found Castform. Castform has 4 different forms, depending on the weather. Standard form is Normal Type. Sunny form is Fire Type, activated by Harsh Sunlight. Rainy Form is Water Type, activated by Rain. Snowy Form is Ice Type, activated by Hail.

Once I found it, I made my way to a healing house which was just positioned outside of Chargestone Cave. My goal is to continue raising my Team up to Level 34, using the planned Team. In the next Log, we will head into Chargestone Cave. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #26-First Steps Into Chargestone Cave
Chargestone_Cave_exterior_Summer_B2W2.png
Before I went into Chargestone Cave, I put Shelmet & Foongus into the box, mainly because they were so weak and could not actually be trained, even using the Audino near the cave.

Chargestone Cave
I ran with this Team going into Chargestone Cave at Level 30.
Deerling
Azumarill
Karrablast
Castform

In the cave, I managed to catch Nosepass (which I evolved into Probopass), Klink, Ferroseed, & Joltik. Tynamo is not able to be captured until close to the end of the Cave, so I will be catching it later, mainly when I am actually going through it. Bianca met up with me, telling me that she was there to study the electromagnetism.

Before I completely go into Chargestone Cave (Level 34), my Team is going to be:
Sawsbuck
Azumarill
Karrablast
Castform
Ferroseed
Joltik

In the next Log, we will take on Chargestone Cave properly. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Future Logs!
I am continuing to work on Log #27, which will bring us through Chargestone Cave, but I am having a bit of trouble leveling up using the Shaking Grass. Audino is not as reliable here as it should be. I have not posted anything here since Tuesday, the 14th, but I know you all have been waiting for a post from me for a time, and I do not want to disappoint. While you wait, here are the next Logs in the future, and what they should feature.

Future Logs
Log #27-Traveling Through Chargestone Cave
Log #28-Mistralton City
Log #29-Route 7 & Celestial Tower
Log #30-Mistralton Cave
Log #31-Mistralton Gym
Log #32-Lentimas Town & The Strange House
(After this, I will post the next set of catchables.

Please look forward to these! Log #27 will soon be up.

Log #27-Traveling Through Chargestone Cave
602Tynamo_BW_anime.png
Chargestone Cave
Before I went into Chargestone Cave, my Team was:
Sawsbuck (Level 34)
Karrablast (Level 34)
Castform (Level 34)
Ferroseed (Level 32)
Joltik (Level 32)

OMG! If I hadn't had Sawsbuck, I wouldn't have been able to get through the Cave! This was because Sawsbuck was the fastest one in my Team.
There were a few battles that almost ended the run, but in the process of going through the cave, I found a Tynamo (Level 29), finally! It was exhausting to get through it, but I did, arriving at Mistralton City.

In the next Log, we will be exploring Mistralton City. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #28-Mistralton City
skyla.png
Mistralton City
Arriving on the edge of Chargestone Cave, I found myself at Mistralton City. There is an airport here, symbolizing the Flying Type. I met Skyla as well as Professor Juniper. Professor Juniper was here to study the Celestial Tower on the edge of Route 7. Professor Juniper gave me a Master Ball, then departed, while Skyla encouraged me to take her on at the Gym.

Route 7
Leaving the City, I decided to do a little exploration of Route 7, where I picked up a Seviper & Zebstrika. I am sure I will find a Zangoose at some point. For now, I am trying to train up my Team until Level 36, doing Audino Farming. The Audinos here are between Levels 30 & 33, perfect for training, along with a few Trainers. Speaking of my Team right now, it is:

My Team:
Sawsbuck
Joltik
Ferroseed
Tynamo
Zebstrika
Seviper

On the next Log, we will continue the journey on Route 7 until we get to the Celestial Tower. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Log #29-Route 7 & Celestial Tower
This one took me FOREVER to set up, since I had to train up my Team. I got my Team up to Level 40. using Audino Farming and Breeder Marcus to get my Team up.

Celestial Tower.jpg
Season: Winter
Route 7

Most of Route 7 is using elevated walkways. Because I was training in Winter, I got access to Cubchoo (Level 30), which I replaced Ferroseed with, since I could not get up past to Level 33, also giving it the Experience Share. When I was ready to go into Celestial Tower, my Team was:

Sawsbuck
Zebstrika
Galvantula
Eelektrik
Seviper
Cubchoo

Celestial Tower

When I walked into Celestial Tower, I found Professor Juniper there, who was disappointed that I have not battled Skyla yet, continuing to do her studies. In the Tower, there is a Nurse, which was helpful to heal up the Team, which I needed to do occasionally. I captured a Litwick (Level 28) as well. It is my intention to get Cubchoo to Beartic (It is Level 36 right now), and then catch it up to the rest of the Team (Level 40). There is some question of whether I want to travel back through Chargestone Cave to get to Mistralton Cave or if I want to just skip that and go to the Skyla fight.

The next Log will either be Mistralton Cave or battling Skyla in the Mistralton Gym. I have to figure that out. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #30-Mistralton Gym (Gym #6)
As you know, at the end of the last Log, there was a question of which direction I wanted to take. Option 1 was to go back to Mistralton Cave, while Option 2 was to take on Skyla. I decided to take on Skyla. Here we go!

skyla.png
The Team I went to the Mistralton Gym with was:
Zebstrika
Galvantula
Eelektrik
Beartic
Seviper
Sawsbuck

Mistralton Gym

The Gym had a bunch of pilots and industrial fans. If you didn't find a way to protect yourself against a wall, you would get blasted across the Gym by the wind. Before I found my way to Skyla, I made sure that Zebstrika, Galvantula, Eelektrik, & Beartic to Level 41 while keeping Seviper & Sawsbuck at Level 40, since they wouldn't be used in the fight ahead.

Going into the battle with Skyla, I sent out Eelektrik against Swoobat (Level 37). Swoobat was tricky, being faster, able to use Heart Stamp a few times. Eelektrik used a combination of Spark & Charge Beam to take down Swoobat. Eelektrik was a strong choice because Swoobat is weak against Dark Type moves as well, like Crunch. Next for Skyla was Swanna (Level 39), her ace. Zebstrika took it out with a single Discharge. Finally for Skyla was Skarmory (Level 37), which I was mildly surprised by. Galvantula took it down with Electro Ball.

With my resultant win, Skyla gave me the badge, then turned her attention to taking Professor Juniper over the mountains. In the next Log, we will go with them to Lentimas Town. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

The Future of This Playthrough
So, as you all know, this Playthrough began in mid February (February 12th). In February, I managed to get the first 4 Badges, while March only saw me complete the battle with Clay. Skyla was the first Gym battle of April. Hopefully, it won't be the last one for the month. I don't like the idea of only having one Gym Badge every month, which would put the battles with Drayden & Marlon in May. I am hoping that I can get the last 2 Gym Badges in April as well, though I suspect it will take until at least May to finish this, since I will have a while until I reach Drayden, since I have to train up a new Team soon enough.

If you can be patient as we go through this Playthrough, I will be very appreciative of it. Thank you all for your support!

Gyms 7 & 8 Catchables: Opelucid & Humilau
Gyms 7 & 8
Banette
Skorupi
Numel
Drifblim
Skarmory
Frillish
Staryu
Basculin
Mantyke
Spheal
Remoraid
Tangela
Pelipper
Absol
Lunatone
Solrock
Cobalion
Gligar
Buizel
Virizion
Pawniard
Lapras
Remaining Pokemon From Gym 6 Catchable List
Volcarona
Aron
Axew

Gyms 7 & 8 are close to each other, almost a back to back situation, so I decided to list all of them together. I also decided to add Volcarona, Aron, & Axew to the other list here, since I have not seen Mistralton Cave or the Desert Resort area where Volcarona is yet, so I will take the time to get them as well if I can.

The next Log will discuss Lentimas Town & Reversal Mountain. Until the next time, we will be seeing you!

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom