• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White "Manga Protagonist Black" Run

Log #60-Undella Town & Undella Bay
320px-Undella_Town_Summer_B2W2.png
Leaving the Giant Chasm, I flew back to Lacunosa Town, then headed east and south on Route 13. This path eventually lead me to the seaside town of Undella Town. There are a lot of high end villas here. Cynthia, the Champion of Sinnoh is here in an unmarked villa. If you are exploring the villas, make sure to save, otherwise you may be drawn into an unwanted battle. In Black & White, there is a MASSIVE VILLA, home to the Rches. Taking on the Riches is a 6 Day challenge, so they will get their own Log (the next one, as I am currently on Day 4). This is certainly a very relaxing location, even with the high level battles here. We will be battling Cynthia eventually.

In the next Log, we will post about the challenge of the Riches. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #61-The Riches
The Riches are a 6 Day Challenge in Undella Town. You can face each one in a string until the 6th Day.
Day 1-Draco (Level 60)
Day 2-Draco (Level 60) & Susan (Level 61)
Day 3-Draco (Level 60), Susan (Level 61), & Clairdonna (Level 62)
Day 4-Draco (Level 60), Susan (Level 61), Clairdonna (Level 62), & Zillion (Level 63)
Day 5-Draco (Level 60), Susan (Level 61), Clairdonna (Level 62), Zillion (Level 63), & Trish (Level 64)
Day 6-Draco (Level 60), Susan (Level 61), Clairdonna (Level 62), Zillion (Level 63), Trish (Level 64), & Miles (Level 65)

For those 6 Days, I got on a pattern of Nimbasa City Stadiums, Opelucid City triple battles, & the Riches. After doing so, I managed to get to Level 75 (Bo is Level 76). You also get a lot of money from these battles, and starting with Clairdonna (Riches Day 3), it was increasingly difficult to beat them down, but we did!

In the next Log, we will go to White Forest. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #62-White Forest, Route 15 & Marvelous Bridge, Route 16 & Lostlorn Forest
Between Routes 14 and 15, you find the area of Black City (Black) or White Forest (White). There wasn't much here for now, but if you trade with others, you get a more interactive environment. The only thing of note is a house that has 2 Triple Battlers. I also found it interesting that there is a Pokemon Center here, considering how empty the area is for the most part. Continuing west onto Route 15, you will find the Poke Transfer Lab and 5 Trainers.

320px-Shadow_Triad_B2W2_Trailer.png
In the gateway of Marvelous Bridge, there is a Rotation Battle, the only one in the game. Traveling on the Bridge itself, you run into the Shadow Triad, who are still dedicated to Ghetsis. Ghetsis found a way to escape (setting up the situation for the sequels). After the triad left, I finished crossing the bridge, arriving on Route 16.

Route 16 is east of Nimbasa City, and you can travel on it starting the set up for Elesa, though its more impactful at this point. On Route 16, you find Lostlorn Forest, where there is a hiker standing outside a camper, where a woman lives. The woman doesn't talk, and I think its actually a Zoroark.

In the next Log, we will find the last of the Seven Sages and find our way to Abundant Shrine. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #63-Hunting the Sages V & Abundant Shrine
240px-645Landorus.png
I thought I could give Swanna Waterfall, but I had to give Waterfall to Costa, replacing Hydro Pump. After I did the Nimbasa Stadium run today, I headed to White Forest. Heading north from there, I arrived on Route 14, eventually finding the Waterfalls of the Route. This is a rather tricky area to traverse, since there are so many places to check out. Looker arrested the last Sage, finishing that quest, then I continued searching for the Abundant Shrine. The Abundant Shrine is the shine for Landorus, where prosperity for the Region apparently began. I was mainly here to find TM92 Trick Room for my Musha. Once I found Trick Room, I replaced Hypnosis with Trick Room. My team is very slow.

Emboar (Bo)Speed Stat: 65
His lowest base stat, tied with Defense & Special Defense. Emboar is very slow.
Galvantula (Tula)Speed Stat: 108
His best base stat, so when I use Trick Room, I have to make sure that Tula is not coming out for a few turns.
Simisage (Sage)Speed Stat: 101
His best base stat.
Musharna (Musha)Speed Stat: 29
The worst base stat for Musharna, and the slowest of the team. Will be using Trick Room a bit.
Carracosta (Costa)Speed Stat: 32
Costa's lowest stat, and the second slowest of the team.
Braviary (Brav)Speed Stat: 80
Brav is the 3rd fastest team member, and that's not saying much, considering.

126px-Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Cynthia.png
In the next Log, we will be facing Cynthia, Champion of Sinnoh. I am not sure how I want to take her on, especially how to start. Her Team is:
Spiritomb
Best Stat: Defense & Special Defense: 108
Worst Stat: Speed: 35
Eelektross
Best Stat: Attack: 115
Worst Stat: Speed: 50
Milotic
Best Stat: Special Defense: 125
Worst Stat: Attack: 60
Planned Answer: Galvantula
Braviary
Best Stat: Attack: 123
Worst Stat: Special Attack: 57
Planned Answer: Galvantula
Lucario
Best Stat: Special Attack: 115
Worst Stat: HP, Defense, & Special Defense: 70
Planned Answer: Emboar
Garchomp
Best Stat: Attack: 130
Worst Stat: Special Attack: 80

I have an answer for everything but Spiritomb & Eelektross, both of which have no natural weaknesses. I also have no direct answer for Garchomp, but in all honesty, who has an answer for that thing?!

Any advice you all can give me before this fight would be helpful. Who should I start with? Who in my Team is the best response for Eelektross? I figure I can use my remaining team to beat down Garchomp by sheer force of attacking.

Thank you to all of you for any support!

Log #64-Cynthia
126px-Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Cynthia.png
This was a interesting battle. As soon as I came into the villa, Cynthia immediately engaged with me. She opened with Spiritomb (Level 75) and I opened with Sage (Level 76). Sage used Grass Knot, and that was an OHKO against Spiritomb surprisingly. Cynthia switched to Milotic (Level 75), and I changed to Tula (Level 76). Tula hit with Discharge, which took Milotic down quite a bit, but Milotic was able to fire back with Bulldoze, which did a bit of damage to Tula. One more Discharge took Milotic down.

Next for Cynthia came her Garchomp (Level 77) and I nervously brought out Costa (Level 76), not sure if I would be able to take down Garchomp. Garchomp used Earthquake, which almost took Costa down, but Costa used Blizzard, then used Blizzard again through the Quick Claw. That took Garchomp down. Next for Cynthia was her Lucario (Level 75), and I changed to Bo (Level 77). Lucario struck first with Aura Sphere, and Bo fired back with Flamethrower. Lucario fell to that Flamethrower.

Cynthia was now in a hole. Four of her Pokemon had been defeated, and none of mine had been yet. That would change with her Braviary (Level 75), which I sent Tula back out for. Tula fired off a Discharge, and Braviary sent back a Brave Bird. Combined with damage Tula and Braviary had taken, it was a double KO. Curious, I sent out Musha (Level 76) against Eelektross (Level 75). Musha was only able to use one Psychic against Eelektross, which used two Crunch attacks, which took out Musha. I sent out Sage again, who used Seed Bomb. Eelektross used Flamethrower, which almost took out Sage. Sage used another Seed Bomb, which ended Eelektross and that battle.

I actually defeated Cynthia!

In the next Log, we will rematch the Elite Four in our final Log. We will be able to battle Alder at the end of this. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #65-Elite Four Rematches
Unova Elite Four.jpg
Before I went after the Elite Four, I journeyed around a bit to get some of the TMs I wanted to finalize my team. I got Thunderbolt from the P2 Lab (that was tricky) and Earthquake from the Relic Castle (in the area where I ran into and captured Volcarona), as well as doing the Nimbasa Stadiums one more time. I gave Thunderbolt to Tula (replacing Electro Ball) and Earthquake to Costa. Once I did that, it was time to take them on.

Elite Four
They were very challenging this time around, due to the fact that each member has 6 Pokemon. Shauntal added Froslass and Drifblim. The most challenging of her Team was Chandelure. Grimsley added Sharpedo & Drapion. I was mostly concerned about Drapion, hence why I worked to get Earthquake. Turns out the toughest one was Liepard, due to its speed. Caitlin added Bronzong & Metagross. Metagross was the toughest one to take down. Marshal added Breloom and Toxicroak, though Sawk and Throh were the toughest of the group.
152px-Black_White_Alder.png
It was time to finally face Alder. This was a long time coming. Accelgor, Bouffalant, & Escavalier (all Level 75) all fell easily to Bo. For Volcarona (Level 77), I changed to Costa. Volcarona began to sweep through my team, one after another. Once I finally beat it, using Tula, I had very few members left. Next was Druddigon (Level 75), and a back and forth ensued, with Tula eventually winning. I was down to Tula and Bo. To finish the battle, he sent out Vanilluxe (Level 75), which Bo defeated, ending the battle with my victory. I am the new Champion of Unova!

And with that, this challenge is done! I would like to thank all of the supporters, readers, and fans. Your enjoyment of the series is what keeps me going!
Where are we going next? To Alola we are bound! Our next challenge will be one that will no doubt have quite a few surprises in store!
Our next challenge drops shortly!

View attachment 164827Before I went after the Elite Four, I journeyed around a bit to get some of the TMs I wanted to finalize my team. I got Thunderbolt from the P2 Lab (that was tricky) and Earthquake from the Relic Castle (in the area where I ran into and captured Volcarona), as well as doing the Nimbasa Stadiums one more time. I gave Thunderbolt to Tula (replacing Electro Ball) and Earthquake to Costa. Once I did that, it was time to take them on.

Elite Four
They were very challenging this time around, due to the fact that each member has 6 Pokemon. Shauntal added Froslass and Drifblim. The most challenging of her Team was Chandelure. Grimsley added Sharpedo & Drapion. I was mostly concerned about Drapion, hence why I worked to get Earthquake. Turns out the toughest one was Liepard, due to its speed. Caitlin added Bronzong & Metagross. Metagross was the toughest one to take down. Marshal added Breloom and Toxicroak, though Sawk and Throh were the toughest of the group.
View attachment 164828It was time to finally face Alder. This was a long time coming. Accelgor, Bouffalant, & Escavalier (all Level 75) all fell easily to Bo. For Volcarona (Level 77), I changed to Costa. Volcarona began to sweep through my team, one after another. Once I finally beat it, using Tula, I had very few members left. Next was Druddigon (Level 75), and a back and forth ensued, with Tula eventually winning. I was down to Tula and Bo. To finish the battle, he sent out Vanilluxe (Level 75), which Bo defeated, ending the battle with my victory. I am the new Champion of Unova!

And with that, this challenge is done! I would like to thank all of the supporters, readers, and fans. Your enjoyment of the series is what keeps me going!
Where are we going next? To Alola we are bound! Our next challenge will be one that will no doubt have quite a few surprises in store!
Our next challenge drops shortly!
BUT here is the thing: Since N beat Alder and you beat him, would that mean that you were the champion then since N would have been champion since he beat Alder?
Also, how did N beat Alder?

BUT here is the thing: Since N beat Alder and you beat him, would that mean that you were the champion then since N would have been champion since he beat Alder?
Also, how did N beat Alder?
Well, according to the game, you only become the Champion once you beat Alder. All you get after being N and Ghetsis is a First Game Clear. Alder is still considered Champion and N doesn't get the label of Champion at all. It would make sense that you are champion through beating N, but still, it's good to beat Alder anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom