• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White "Manga Protagonist Black" Run

Log #37-Dragonspiral Tower
240px-Black_White_Cedric_Juniper.png
Upon arriving at Dragonspiral Tower, I ran into Cedric Juniper, who introduced himself to Bianca and reintroduced himself to me (does he have a bad memory?), stating that Professor Juniper is his daughter. I traveled into the tower, running into a Team Plasma grunt who was beaten by Brycen.
568px-Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
Cheren and I went through the tower, battling many Team Plasma grunts. It seemed that the tower had some issue going on, some shaking. There were a few puzzles I had to get through as well, and eventually I did, arriving at the top of the tower, where N awaited, as did Reshiram.
643Reshiram_BW_anime.png
N summoned Reshiram, and said he would be seen as the hero and would defeat all trainers forcing them to release their Pokemon. After N left, Cheren and Brycen met up with me, discussing what had happened. N encouraged me to hunt for the other Legendary Pokemon.
152px-Black_White_Alder.png
Alder met with the group, encouraging me to go for the other Legendary Pokemon and to fight for the freedom of all Pokemon. He prepared himself for taking on N, then headed to the Relic Castle.

In the next Log, we will travel and explore Relic Castle. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #38-Back To Relic Castle
Relic Castle.jpg
Chasing Team Plasma to the middle of the desert, Cheren, Alder, and myself went to the Relic Castle. This area has a lot of sand pits, so beware of running! I battled all of the Team Plasma Grunts, and there were a lot of them! Once I got down to the lowest level, Cheren, Alder, and I faced down Ghetsis, who was celebrating because of N's impending success. It seems like this plan is not really N's. I think Ghetsis is just using him, and if that is the case, then I feel bad for N.

After we left the Relic Castle, Alder encouraged me to go to the Nacrene Museum, then flew away. Cheren wanted to explore more. I didn't have my Swanna with me, so I took some time to walk back, being careful not to walk into the darker sand.

In the next Log, we will arrive at the Nacrene Museum and see what goes on there. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #39-Getting the Dragon Stone
120px-Black_White_Lenora_2.png
From the Relic Castle, I traveled back to Nimbasa City, healed, trained in the Stadiums, then moved through the desert on Route 4, back through Castelia City and Pinwheel Forest, arriving shortafter in Nacrene City. In front of the museum, there was a conference with Lenora, Alder, Cheren, Bianca, and myself, discussing what to do next in regard to N. Alder asked me if I was ready to take on the responsibility of fighting N if needed, the Lenora gave me the Dark Stone, the opposite stone from N, who has the Light Stone. I was tasked with finding my way to Opelucid City, where Iris is thought to know more. After the group breaks up, Bianca tells me how to get there. From Icirrus City, head through the Moors and across the Tubeline Bridge, eventually arriving at Opelucid. That will be a slow trek. I got Swanna and flew to Icirrus.

In the next Log, we will take on Route 8 & the Moors of Icirrus on our way to Opelucid. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #40-Route 8 & the Moors
744px-Moor_of_Icirrus_Summer_B2W2.png
Heading east from Icirrus City, I arrived at the Moors of Icirrus. What is a moor, or moorland? Moors are typically uncultivated hill lands, though the moorland near Icirrus seems to qualify more as a marshland of sorts. Anyway...the ponding water and the many lakes are teeming with Pokemon! It's another location where running is not recommended! There is also another, deeper area, where there were more trainers. This place was certainly a challenge to get through!
275px-Black_2_White_2_Bianca.png
Once I had completed my exploration of the Moors, I ended up meeting with Bianca, who wanted me to battle her! I only had Costa and Musha to get to Level 46, so I decided to exclusively use them. She opened with Stoutland (Level 38) and I opened with Costa. Two Surf attacks, and Stoutland fell. Next came her Serperior (Level 40), which I sent Musha out for. Serperior first used Coil, which I was concerned about, since Coil can raise Attack, Defense, and accuracy. One Psychic took Serperior out. Next came her Simipour (Level 38), which used Scald, burning Musha. One Psychic took the Water monkey out. Lastly was her own Musharna (Level 38), and I changed to Costa. Musharna actually was able to use Psybeam, but Costa did two Crunch attacks, ending the battle with another victory for me! Bianca gave me a Full Restore, then left.

In the next Log, we will go across the Tubeline Bridge and through Route 9 to continue our journey to Opelucid City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #41-Tubeline Bridge & Route 9
320px-Shadow_Triad_B2W2_Trailer.png
I traveled on the Tubeline Bridge, where eventually the Shadow Triad appeared, leading me to Ghetsis, who talked about how N was going to complete his mission and that I would not be declared a hero and would not stop N. After he slammed me, he left quickly. I finished crossing the bridge, arriving on Route 9.
Shopping Mall Nine.jpg
Route 9 is full of bikers and tough guys. I cleared them all, walking into Shopping Mall 9. There are a few rich trainers in the shopping mall, which surprised me. I have tagged the place as a location where I can buy items if I am in the area. I finally crossed into Opelucid City, completing my long journey.

Until the next Log, I will explore Opelucid City. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #42-The City of Dragons
643Reshiram_BW_anime.png
Once I got into Opelucid, I couldn't even go heal until the speech Ghetsis was giving ended. Alder and I watched the speech, then talked. Shortly after, Drayden & Iris met up with us, asking me to meet with them while Alder went to take N on at the Pokemon League. Drayden & Iris discussed about the legend of the two brothers & the Dragons.
644Zekrom_BW_anime.png

I headed out of town after this. In the next Log, we will go to Route 10. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #43-Detour On Route 10
240px-627Rufflet.png
I was a bit worried I couldn't go to Route 10 until I beat Iris, but thankfully I was able to. I went into the first patch of grass, finding a Rufflet, catching it at Level 34, naming it Brav. I immediately gave it Fly, then put it in the back of my Team, allowing it to train up. I also flew back to Nimbasa City with the Stadiums to train more. Flying back to Route 10, I also used Brav to go up against Audino, which are Levels 33-36. Finally, I decided to train my Team (specifically Brav) against the Opelucid Gym Trainers. Brav is now at Level 43, while the rest of my Team is Levels 47 & 48.
iris.png
What am I planning to do? Taking on the trainers concerned me, since I don't have any moves that are super effective against Dragons. I am planning to get my Main Team to Level 54 so that Brav the Rufflet can be a Braviary, allowing my Team to be fully evolved in its complete status. From there, I will be training my secondary team to near Level 60 so I can have a Volcarona in my second team. Once I am ready (probably my Main Team will be higher than Level 54 before this Gym), I will officially take Iris on. I have no official plan on how I will defeat her, but I will manage to!

In the next Log, we will officially take on Iris, though it will take a bit to get there. Until the next time, we will see you soon. Please Be Patient With Me!

Can Carracosta learn any ice moves?
It can get Ice Beam (TM13) and Blizzard (TM14). None of the rest of my Main Team can learn Ice Moves, so I will probably have to go on a miniquest to get them. The easiest one to get is Blizzard, which can be bought at Icirrus City at the Pokemon Center. I will not go get it until my Team is ready to go with my planned moveset (so far).

It can get Ice Beam (TM13) and Blizzard (TM14). None of the rest of my Main Team can learn Ice Moves, so I will probably have to go on a miniquest to get them. The easiest one to get is Blizzard, which can be bought at Icirrus City at the Pokemon Center. I will not go get it until my Team is ready to go with my planned moveset (so far).
Where's the Ice Beam TM?

How Did Cheren & Bianca Beat The Gyms?
Mentions: @Greninjaman @Funnylion

You have been watching me beat the Gyms in this Playthrough. As I have gone through the Gyms, it has become apparent that Cheren & Bianca have been defeating the Gyms around the same time I do. The question becomes, how did they accomplish this feat, given their teams? In this analysis, we will be looking at the Gyms (all except the 8th, since no one seems to have beaten it yet before me, and since I have not done so yet, we will not cover that one). This is meant to stir up conversation in my Playthrough thread.

Striaton Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Let’s start with Cheren. Cheren’s team in Striaton was Oshawott & Purrloin, meaning he faced Cilan. Perhaps he got the Pansear in the Dreamyard, but considering that he didn’t have it with him during the battle with him on Route 3, this is confusing. Moving to Bianca, at the time of the battle with her on Route 2, she has Snivy & Lillipup. When I am in the Dreamyard (after the Striaton Gym), Bianca shows up, wanting to catch a Munna, which means that she did not have one yet. So, assuming she only has Snivy & Lillipup for her Gym battle, how would she have beaten Chili?

Nacrene Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Going off of Cheren’s team that he has on Route 4, by that battle his Oshawott and Purrloin have evolved, while he also has Pidove & Pansear, clearly captured in the Pinwheel Forest. At Wellspring Cave, he still only has Oshawott and Purrloin. How would he have beaten Lenora, especially since Team Plasma blocked Pinwheel Forest, unless he took on Lenora after I beat Lenora and Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, training up as necessary?

Moving to Bianca, the next time you face her is at Castelia Gate, meaning she had managed to beat Lenora at some point. During this fight, she has Herdier, Panpour, Munna, and Servine. Assuming she got a Panpour in Pinwheel Forest, thus eliminating it from her team at the time of the Nacrene Gym battle, how would she have defeated Lenora?

Castelia Gym

Cheren beat this Gym first, then I did, then Bianca, meaning this was the only Gym that Cheren beat me to. In this Gym, Cheren clearly used Dewott, Pidove, & Pansear to defeat Burgh. With Bianca, it’s not as clear. She likely went to battle Burgh after the battle at Castelia Gate, since she walked away from me back into Castelia City. She did not have a clear way to beat Burgh.

Nimbasa Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. The next time you battle Cheren, on Route 5, he has the Bolt Badge, suggesting that he won it. The question is how? At the battle on Route 5, he has evolved his Pidove. Most of his team is weak to Electric Types, so how could he have beaten Elesa with his team as designed? With Bianca, the next time you see her is Driftveil City, meaning she would have defeated Elesa before then. At the time of the Driftveil battle, she has evolved her Munna to a Musharna. Musharna would have had to do much of the heavy lifting of the Gym Battle, considering how tanky Musharna is, in order for her to win.

Driftveil Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. The next time you face Cheren is at Twist Mountain, shortly after the Gym Battle with Clay. At this point, his team (except for Dewott) are fully evolved. Simisear and Dewott could have easily defeated Clay. Moving to Bianca, her next appearance is Route 8, after you have battled Brycen. At this point, her entire team is evolved. Between her Serperior and Simipour she could have easily beaten Clay.

Mistralton Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. To explore this one (and Brycen), we have to use the team he has on Route 10. It would have been really tough for him to defeat Skyla, considering that he has Pokemon weak to Flying moves. However, he likely relied on Samurott to carry him through (and maybe Liepard as well) Bianca’s team on Route 8 doesn’t have a clear way to beat Skyla.

Icirrus Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Cheren clearly relied on Simisear, while Bianca is not as clear cut. Perhaps she relied on Simipour, since Simipour has Scald, which can cause the Burned condition. She also could have used Serperior for Beartic, since Beartic is part Water type.

Any discussion on this would be greatly appreciated. Did I miss something? Do you see another way that they could have won any of these Gyms? Please contribute to the discussion!

Mentions: @Greninjaman @Funnylion

You have been watching me beat the Gyms in this Playthrough. As I have gone through the Gyms, it has become apparent that Cheren & Bianca have been defeating the Gyms around the same time I do. The question becomes, how did they accomplish this feat, given their teams? In this analysis, we will be looking at the Gyms (all except the 8th, since no one seems to have beaten it yet before me, and since I have not done so yet, we will not cover that one). This is meant to stir up conversation in my Playthrough thread.

Striaton Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Let’s start with Cheren. Cheren’s team in Striaton was Oshawott & Purrloin, meaning he faced Cilan. Perhaps he got the Pansear in the Dreamyard, but considering that he didn’t have it with him during the battle with him on Route 3, this is confusing. Moving to Bianca, at the time of the battle with her on Route 2, she has Snivy & Lillipup. When I am in the Dreamyard (after the Striaton Gym), Bianca shows up, wanting to catch a Munna, which means that she did not have one yet. So, assuming she only has Snivy & Lillipup for her Gym battle, how would she have beaten Chili?

Nacrene Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Going off of Cheren’s team that he has on Route 4, by that battle his Oshawott and Purrloin have evolved, while he also has Pidove & Pansear, clearly captured in the Pinwheel Forest. At Wellspring Cave, he still only has Oshawott and Purrloin. How would he have beaten Lenora, especially since Team Plasma blocked Pinwheel Forest, unless he took on Lenora after I beat Lenora and Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest, training up as necessary?

Moving to Bianca, the next time you face her is at Castelia Gate, meaning she had managed to beat Lenora at some point. During this fight, she has Herdier, Panpour, Munna, and Servine. Assuming she got a Panpour in Pinwheel Forest, thus eliminating it from her team at the time of the Nacrene Gym battle, how would she have defeated Lenora?

Castelia Gym

Cheren beat this Gym first, then I did, then Bianca, meaning this was the only Gym that Cheren beat me to. In this Gym, Cheren clearly used Dewott, Pidove, & Pansear to defeat Burgh. With Bianca, it’s not as clear. She likely went to battle Burgh after the battle at Castelia Gate, since she walked away from me back into Castelia City. She did not have a clear way to beat Burgh.

Nimbasa Gym

I beat this Gym first, then Cheren did, then Bianca. The next time you battle Cheren, on Route 5, he has the Bolt Badge, suggesting that he won it. The question is how? At the battle on Route 5, he has evolved his Pidove. Most of his team is weak to Electric Types, so how could he have beaten Elesa with his team as designed? With Bianca, the next time you see her is Driftveil City, meaning she would have defeated Elesa before then. At the time of the Driftveil battle, she has evolved her Munna to a Musharna. Musharna would have had to do much of the heavy lifting of the Gym Battle, considering how tanky Musharna is, in order for her to win.

Driftveil Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. The next time you face Cheren is at Twist Mountain, shortly after the Gym Battle with Clay. At this point, his team (except for Dewott) are fully evolved. Simisear and Dewott could have easily defeated Clay. Moving to Bianca, her next appearance is Route 8, after you have battled Brycen. At this point, her entire team is evolved. Between her Serperior and Simipour she could have easily beaten Clay.

Mistralton Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. To explore this one (and Brycen), we have to use the team he has on Route 10. It would have been really tough for him to defeat Skyla, considering that he has Pokemon weak to Flying moves. However, he likely relied on Samurott to carry him through (and maybe Liepard as well) Bianca’s team on Route 8 doesn’t have a clear way to beat Skyla.

Icirrus Gym

I beat this Gym, then Cheren did, then Bianca. Cheren clearly relied on Simisear, while Bianca is not as clear cut. Perhaps she relied on Simipour, since Simipour has Scald, which can cause the Burned condition. She also could have used Serperior for Beartic, since Beartic is part Water type.

Any discussion on this would be greatly appreciated. Did I miss something? Do you see another way that they could have won any of these Gyms? Please contribute to the discussion!
Do we know for sure that Bianca took on the Gyms? Sure, she could have tried it to see if that is what she wanted to do, but we don't know if she continued did get all 7. We know Charen does the Gyms as well.

Do we know for sure that Bianca took on the Gyms? Sure, she could have tried it to see if that is what she wanted to do, but we don't know if she continued did get all 7. We know Charen does the Gyms as well.
Her name is recorded on all of the statues of the Gyms. She clearly took them on, and clearly won, because otherwise her name would not be on the statues.

Log #44-The One Who Listens To Dragons (Gym #8)
iris.png
It took me a while, but I managed to get my Team to Level 54 using a combination of Audino on Route 10, the Dark Grass of Route 10, the Triple Battle House of Opelucid City, & the Stadiums of Nimbasa City. Once Brav evolved to Braviary, I was ready to go! In Log #43, I had beaten the Opelucid Gym Trainers, so all I had to do is go after Iris. Once I beat the Puzzle again, I saved, then began to battle Iris. She opened with Fraxure (Level 41), and I opened with Musha (Level 54), which beat Fraxure with a single Psychic. Next came her Druddigon (Level 41), and I kept out Musha. Musha used another Psychic, which almost ended Druddigon. After she used both of her Hyper Potions, another Psychic took out Druddigon, though Druddigon did end up hitting once with one Night Slash, despite not doing much. Lastly, Iris sent out her Haxorus (Level 43), and I switched out to Costa (Level 54). In preparation, I had taught Costa Blizzard and updated some of the other movesets for some of my other Pokemon. The Quick Claw activated, and Blizzard OHKOed Haxorus. I won my final Gym badge, finally!
227px-Black_2_White_2_Cheren.png
Having defeated Iris, Professor Juniper met with me. and after she talked about the Legendary Dragon and her research, she gave me the Master Ball. I know where this is going, and you will see on the next Log!

After she wished me luck and departed, I headed back onto Route 10 to battle Cheren. I couldn't battle him before because I didn't have the Legend Badge when I was first on Route 10. He opened with Unfezant (Level 43) and I opened with Bo (Level 54). Unfezant hit with Air Slash, which almost took out Bo. Bo managed to recover, firing back with a Flamethrower, which was an OHKO. Next came Samurott (Level 45), and I switched to Tula (Level 54). One Electroball was an OHKO. Both Simisear and Liepard (Both Level 43) fell to Bo and Brick Break. Cheren departed, then Bianca, who was there to observe, gave me some Max Revives.

In the next Log, we will be going after the storm that was found initially on Route 7. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #45-Hunting the Storm
240px-642Thundurus.png
When I was heading to take on Cheren on Route 10, I was pulled aside by one of the gate attendants, who told me about the rumors of a storm on Route 7. After I beat Cheren, I flew to Mistralton City, then headed onto Route 7, where I eventually ran into a torrential storm. An old woman met me and pulled me into her house, talking to me about Thundurus, who is known to fly around the Unova Region in a complete cycle. I left the house, only to run into the overworld of the Legend, then he ran away. Once I got to a place where I could read one of the electronic boards, I was told it was at Route 16. Flying to Nimbasa, then heading east, I arrived on Route 16. I had to run quickly into Lostlorn Forest and come back out to have the storm appear. Thundurus (Level 40) challenged me to battle. Thankfully, Professor Juniper gave me the Master Ball. I could have battled it and tried to catch it in other ways, but I just decided to Master Ball it and move on. Named it Zeus.

In the next official Log, we will be taking on the Victory Road, but in the next post, we will be doing a favorite, Gym Leaders In Review, with the Black & White Unova Leaders! Until the next time, we will see you!

View attachment 164482When I was heading to take on Cheren on Route 10, I was pulled aside by one of the gate attendants, who told me about the rumors of a storm on Route 7. After I beat Cheren, I flew to Mistralton City, then headed onto Route 7, where I eventually ran into a torrential storm. An old woman met me and pulled me into her house, talking to me about Thundurus, who is known to fly around the Unova Region in a complete cycle. I left the house, only to run into the overworld of the Legend, then he ran away. Once I got to a place where I could read one of the electronic boards, I was told it was at Route 16. Flying to Nimbasa, then heading east, I arrived on Route 16. I had to run quickly into Lostlorn Forest and come back out to have the storm appear. Thundurus (Level 40) challenged me to battle. Thankfully, Professor Juniper gave me the Master Ball. I could have battled it and tried to catch it in other ways, but I just decided to Master Ball it and move on. Named it Zeus.

In the next official Log, we will be taking on the Victory Road, but in the next post, we will be doing a favorite, Gym Leaders In Review, with the Black & White Unova Leaders! Until the next time, we will see you!
Why not save the master ball for Zekrom?

Gym Leaders In Review: Black & White Unova Edition
I know this is a reader favorite, so I am going to post this edition of Gym Leaders In Review!
Striaton Trio.jpg
Striaton Gym
This first Gym is so interesting, in concept, since they could have done a triple battle or could have had you face all 3 for the badge. Definitely a missed opportunity there! If you don't pick up the elemental monkey (thank goodness I did, and I do every time I play the original BW). It's too bad they didn't keep this Gym active when it came to the sequels. The puzzle is also original, so that was cool too.
120px-Black_White_Lenora_2.png
Nacrene Gym
This was the first Gym of the challenge that I overleveled for, but honestly, it wasn't too much over her (23 vs 20). She could have defeated me if the battle had gone differently, mainly because of Watchog, who can deal out the statuses! I also think that the Library was interesting. Wish they had let her stay on as a bonus Gym Leader in the sequels.
153px-Black_White_Burgh.png
Castelia Gym
I like his Gym design in the sequels better. His biggest threat was the Dwebble. Still, the Gym wasn't too difficult, given that I had Pignite. If I had a different starter, it would be a lot harder to win. Not that tough of a Gym overall.
171px-Black_2_White_2_Elesa.png
Nimbasa Gym
OMG! I got Costa in advance of this Gym and got my Levels to Level 31, and I still almost lost!
This Gym was the most difficult, by far. The roller coasters were fun though. The Volt Switching was hard to take, and the Zebstrika could have been a problem. This Gym scared me in regard to the rest of the challenge.
Clay.jpg
Driftveil Gym
I found the elevators and taking on all of the trainers to be challenging. This Gym is deceptively difficult, mainly due to Excadrill. If you let the monster set up, you will get destroyed. Still, if you can still move faster than the hone claws boost, you can win.
skyla.png
Mistralton Gym
The Puzzle was hard to get through. I thought it was strange to have workers in the Gym. Glad they fixed it in the sequels. This Gym is so much better in the sequels. Skyla was very easy, a fact I was surprised by, especially since I thought they might be faster than Galvantula. I think she was the second easiest of the Gyms.
284px-Black_White_Brycen.png
Icirrus Gym
His puzzle was tougher than he was. He was easy, since I had Emboar. If it had been any other starter, he would have been a bit tougher. I still think they should have kept the Gym as a bonus Gym in the sequels.
iris.png
Opelucid Gym
Not since Elesa in the Nimbasa Gym was there a Gym that terrified me as much. Normally when I have a different team, it features an Ice Type or Dragon Type that could stand toe to toe with the Gym. I decided to get my Team to Level 54, both to have a completely evolved Team as well as to counter any challenges I would have in taking Iris down. I also taught Costa Blizzard to counter the Dragons. Musha just wrecked the Gym, surprisingly. Still, Drayden is a bigger threat than Iris is.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom