• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Yellow Modified Professor Oak's Challenge

Log #32-Finally, Dragonite
Dragonite.png

This has been a long time coming, but I finally got Dragonite! I know you all have been waiting for a week or more for this Pokemon. I know I have! I trained it in the Unknown Dungeon, as I could get the fastest results there. I was a bit disappointed because, once I got Dragonite, I wanted to teach it to Fly, and I guess in the game you can't, so that was a bit sad. Dropped Dragonite into Box 4. I now have four more to get. These are: Porygon, Scyther, Pinsir, and Kangaskhan. All four are either Safari Zone or Game Corner buys. In the next Log, we will confront the Game Corner, buying out the Porygon, Scyther, & Pinsir.

For now, I am going to train my team up a bit in the Unknown Dungeon between Lv. 55 and 60, then take on the Elite Four for 15 times. That will fill up my money for the needed purchases. As I said in the previous log, I need $230,000 for those buys. Once I am ready, the next log will be posted. Until then, see you! Just 2 More Logs and 1 More Dex Check, just to make sure I have every possible capture in this game.

Log #33-Buying The Game Corner
Hey Folks!
So, I battled the Elite Four 10 times, gaining up to $400,000. Then, I headed to the Game Corner to buy Scyther, Pinsir, and Porygon (that clerk in there is repetitive. Had to click the A Button so many times). Unfortunately, I dropped down to $145,000, and only managed to get Scyther and Pinsir. Turns out, the Game Corner drains more money than I expected. I guess I have to battle a few times more. I think I will train up again until I am up to $500,000. Guess I have another log, even though it was unexpected to deal with this. Next log, we will finally get Porygon. I have to be careful, getting enough funds to get both Porygon as well as have enough to run through the Safari Zone and finally get Kangaskhan.
Almost done!
600px-123Scyther.png
600px-127Pinsir.png

Log #34-$200,000 For Porygon
600px-137Porygon.png

After repeatedly battling the Elite Four until I had about $414,000, I decided to see if I could buy Porygon. It took $200,000 to buy up to 9,999 Coins, but I managed to do it, finally getting Porygon. Porygon is my 128th Capture, leaving one more Pokemon. Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is the last Pokemon I need in the Safari Zone. The Safari Zone is $500 a trip, so given that, the amount of money I have will provide for 828 Trips through the Safari Zone. Given that you get 30 Park Balls per trip, I can, in theory, expose Kangaskhan to 24,840 Park Balls.

Just one more Pokemon. One More. Thank you for the 5,000 Views! I appreciate it so much!

Log #35-Safari Zone Part II
600px-115Kangaskhan.png

It took some work, but Kangaskhan is mine. The Parent Pokemon is a pain in the butt to get, but I actually did it in 3 trips to the Safari Zone. Kangaskhan is my last capture I needed. We have finished the run! WOO HOO! 129/129 Pokemon!

Final Dex Check:
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Pikachu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefable
Ninetales
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Vileplume
Parasect
Venomoth
Dugtrio
Golduck
Primeape
Arcanine
Poliwrath
Kadabra
Machamp
Victreebel
Tentacruel
Graveler
Rapidash
Slowbro
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Cloyster
Haunter
Onix
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Lickitung
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Seadra
Seaking
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Pinsir
Tauros
Gyrados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Flareon
Porygon
Omastar
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Mewtwo

I finished the Game. I started this quest on March 6th and ended it April 24th. This was a fun Month and a Half! Thank you to the fans! What Challenge will I be doing next?

Heartgold with only Gift Pokemon and Event Pokemon. Let's see if I can win this next one! Please watch the next challenge!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom