• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Unreal Archipelago: Zone of Mysteries

Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
It was a classic casino caper – the figure in drag eluding to a shady underbelly beneath the guise of neon slots and spinning roulettes. Emp had to wonder if he had been spirited away to this art deco afterlife for a higher purpose, rather than a high stack of cash. There was a pain hidden behind Solosis’ beady eyes that reminded the tourist of a wistful Reuniclus he had met up in the clouds; if Emp had to hazard a guess, the lifelong guest had seen the establishment fall into a corruption beyond recognition. He felt compelled to right this wrong, not least because he was growing fond of the extrasensory embryo.

Following Bonnie’s tail of cigarette smoke back to the businessmen supposedly at the thick of all the thievery, the drifter was given one last chance to opt out of the reconnaissance and wrangle up a more innocuous assortment of contenders, for which the casino was in no part short of: an Electrike sniffing and dashing about the lobby like an excited pup, Gothita and Kirlia tugging at the coattails of gamblers with what could be premonitions, and Misdreavus locked in an haunting courtship around a magnificent chandelier. They could very well pass under the radar of any criminal activity altogether by selecting one of the options above, but Emp had already made up his mind.

“You know what they say about keeping your friends close,” he answered with a coy smirk, “Bonnie, how about we show these boys the race of their lives?” He gestured for a dry whisky from a nearby waiter before offering the drag queen an arm ahead of rubbing shoulders with the racketeers.
Emp
Bonnie was clearly happy with your decision despite having offered you an alternative arrangement, a wry smile forming behind her cigarette holder. As the impeccably-dressed waiter brings your beverage request, she grabs her own glass from the tray and winks at the gent as the two of you head back to the table where you had first met your fabulously dressed new companion and her shiny Zigzagoon. Taking a deep swig from the tumbler in her hand, she strides directly up to the two men, "Good evening, gentlemen. My friend and I are after a couple of gambling types to join us in a Pokémon race. Don't suppose you guys know anyone who fits the bill?"

As the drag artiste spoke, the two men looked her up and down before treating you to the same awkward treatment: eyeing up their opponents, trying to spot your weaknesses. Whatever the two of them saw in you or not, they shared a look between themselves and nodded in unison, "Sure thing, we came down here for a flutter on the Houndoom but them guys said the race was off. Reckon the winning Pokémon'll hit the jackpot?" The man closest to you spoke first, he was dressed in an old-looking navy suit with a pair of slightly scuffed brogues. It seemed Bonnie hadn't even considered the thought of prize money as she looked at you for more information before nodding in agreement with the man, "That'll be for my Zigzagoon to find out!"

Bemused by the drag artiste's confidence, the second man similarly dressed in a black suit, let out a hearty guffaw. It was clear that he had already started to underestimate Bonnie before they had even reached the track. She didn't seem to mind, though, she was too busy rifling around in her purse for a treat for her Pokémon. Knowing her plan, you sense that Bonnie is putting on a poker face and trying to come across as harmless. Solosis seems to as well, sharing a knowing glance with you.

"You guys sorted or what?" A shout reaches you from across the parlor. The taller of the two gentlemen who had proposed the race to you initially beckoned the four of you to the door carved in the likeness of a Houndoom. Having gathered the full roster necessary to kick things off, Bonnie links you once again and the two of you lead the way with Solosis alongside and the two businessmen and Zigzagoon following close behind you.

---

As you pass through the door and begin to ascend an ornate orange staircase adorned with painted flames, you hear the two men behind you whispering between themselves. Bonnie clearly hears this too, turning her head to one side as if to engage you to better eavesdrop the men. It's no use though as all of your footsteps muffle the words being spoken just metres behind you. It isn't long before the stairs come to an end, opening out into a thin oblong room with a bar at one end and one wall entirely made of glass. Beyond the wall, the impressive racetrack stood illuminated but empty at the base of unoccupied bleachers.

"So, tell me, good sir..." Bonnie took another cigarette from the purse at her side and lit it with one deft flick of a match before placing it in her holder and taking a deep drag once again, "What kind of prize money are we looking at for the winning Pokémon?"

The taller man eyed up the Zigzagoon at the drag artiste's feet. He too seemed to be underestimating the odd pair but he answered nonetheless, "The winner'll get about 50,000 smackers, give or take a couple'a thousand." Hearing this, the two men accompanying you dash forward. Clearly neither of them had realised what was at stake here and they seemed more keen than ever to be involved in the race, "Wait 'til the others get a load of this. Imagine the sort of wins ya could get with $50,000..." The man in the navy suit smirks to himself, already lost in ideas of how he could gamble his winnings before the starting pistol had even been fired.

"My associate will be notifying the casino's clientele shortly - first we need to get you guys set up and ready to race." With that, the shorter gentleman returns up the staircase from which you had just arrived as the taller man ushers you all towards a sliding door in the entirely glass wall before you. Beyond the door, a staircase cut between two bleachers down to the side of the racetrack and the starting line complete with traps where each of your Pokémon are expected to begin the race. As you and the rest of the racers arrive, you notice that the first trap at either end is already closed shut and occupied, presumably with the organiser's choices.

"Right, get your pep talks over with now, the race'll start once your Pokémon are all lined up in the traps and the starting pistol is fired. Unlike Magikarp racing, there's no rules so feel free to get dirty out there."

At the man's words, Bonnie and the two businessmen choose their lanes and begin to prepare. The man in the navy blue suit selects his Pokémon first: a Dodrio with the most gorgeous green plumage. Seeing this, his fellow businessman chooses an Ampharos, her fur a fine pale magenta. As anticipated, Bonnie chooses her Zigzagoon and Solosis bobbles in the air excitedly, visibly happy with himself for having elected to join the challenge before he disappears into the trap alongside yours.


[In terms of strategy, anything goes - you can order a series of up to four attacks against your fellow racers in any combination or simply focus on trying to win through similar means, utilising your attacks to further advance in the race - good luck!]
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
Bonnie was clearly happy with your decision despite having offered you an alternative arrangement, a wry smile forming behind her cigarette holder. As the impeccably-dressed waiter brings your beverage request, she grabs her own glass from the tray and winks at the gent as the two of you head back to the table where you had first met your fabulously dressed new companion and her shiny Zigzagoon. Taking a deep swig from the tumbler in her hand, she strides directly up to the two men, "Good evening, gentlemen. My friend and I are after a couple of gambling types to join us in a Pokémon race. Don't suppose you guys know anyone who fits the bill?"

As the drag artiste spoke, the two men looked her up and down before treating you to the same awkward treatment: eyeing up their opponents, trying to spot your weaknesses. Whatever the two of them saw in you or not, they shared a look between themselves and nodded in unison, "Sure thing, we came down here for a flutter on the Houndoom but them guys said the race was off. Reckon the winning Pokémon'll hit the jackpot?" The man closest to you spoke first, he was dressed in an old-looking navy suit with a pair of slightly scuffed brogues. It seemed Bonnie hadn't even considered the thought of prize money as she looked at you for more information before nodding in agreement with the man, "That'll be for my Zigzagoon to find out!"

Bemused by the drag artiste's confidence, the second man similarly dressed in a black suit, let out a hearty guffaw. It was clear that he had already started to underestimate Bonnie before they had even reached the track. She didn't seem to mind, though, she was too busy rifling around in her purse for a treat for her Pokémon. Knowing her plan, you sense that Bonnie is putting on a poker face and trying to come across as harmless. Solosis seems to as well, sharing a knowing glance with you.

"You guys sorted or what?" A shout reaches you from across the parlor. The taller of the two gentlemen who had proposed the race to you initially beckoned the four of you to the door carved in the likeness of a Houndoom. Having gathered the full roster necessary to kick things off, Bonnie links you once again and the two of you lead the way with Solosis alongside and the two businessmen and Zigzagoon following close behind you.

---

As you pass through the door and begin to ascend an ornate orange staircase adorned with painted flames, you hear the two men behind you whispering between themselves. Bonnie clearly hears this too, turning her head to one side as if to engage you to better eavesdrop the men. It's no use though as all of your footsteps muffle the words being spoken just metres behind you. It isn't long before the stairs come to an end, opening out into a thin oblong room with a bar at one end and one wall entirely made of glass. Beyond the wall, the impressive racetrack stood illuminated but empty at the base of unoccupied bleachers.

"So, tell me, good sir..." Bonnie took another cigarette from the purse at her side and lit it with one deft flick of a match before placing it in her holder and taking a deep drag once again, "What kind of prize money are we looking at for the winning Pokémon?"

The taller man eyed up the Zigzagoon at the drag artiste's feet. He too seemed to be underestimating the odd pair but he answered nonetheless, "The winner'll get about 50,000 smackers, give or take a couple'a thousand." Hearing this, the two men accompanying you dash forward. Clearly neither of them had realised what was at stake here and they seemed more keen than ever to be involved in the race, "Wait 'til the others get a load of this. Imagine the sort of wins ya could get with $50,000..." The man in the navy suit smirks to himself, already lost in ideas of how he could gamble his winnings before the starting pistol had even been fired.

"My associate will be notifying the casino's clientele shortly - first we need to get you guys set up and ready to race." With that, the shorter gentleman returns up the staircase from which you had just arrived as the taller man ushers you all towards a sliding door in the entirely glass wall before you. Beyond the door, a staircase cut between two bleachers down to the side of the racetrack and the starting line complete with traps where each of your Pokémon are expected to begin the race. As you and the rest of the racers arrive, you notice that the first trap at either end is already closed shut and occupied, presumably with the organiser's choices.

"Right, get your pep talks over with now, the race'll start once your Pokémon are all lined up in the traps and the starting pistol is fired. Unlike Magikarp racing, there's no rules so feel free to get dirty out there."

At the man's words, Bonnie and the two businessmen choose their lanes and begin to prepare. The man in the navy blue suit selects his Pokémon first: a Dodrio with the most gorgeous green plumage. Seeing this, his fellow businessman chooses an Ampharos, her fur a fine pale magenta. As anticipated, Bonnie chooses her Zigzagoon and Solosis bobbles in the air excitedly, visibly happy with himself for having elected to join the challenge before he disappears into the trap alongside yours.


[In terms of strategy, anything goes - you can order a series of up to four attacks against your fellow racers in any combination or simply focus on trying to win through similar means, utilising your attacks to further advance in the race - good luck!]
The weight of the situation felt a whole lot lighter with a drink in hand, Emp swirling the brown liquid idly as they made their ascent up to the racing box. He tried to soften his footsteps and tune into the conversation between the would-be crooks; they were playing with fire, and not the decorative sort that licked against the ornate staircase. He could only hope that Bonnie Lass knew what they were doing, or else they would both be burned before the night was through. The thought wouldn’t linger for long as the throng of challengers pushed through the double doors into the viewing box, a fully stocked bar to his left and a panoramic view of the racetrack to the right. He made a beeline left, a top up needed before he could even face up to the impending action.

Emp almost spat whiskey as the organisers unveiled what lay at the end of the racetrack, a jackpot to the tune of 50,000 bucks. The gentlemen’s eyes lit up with dollar signs, fancying their chances before the piston was even fired, supposedly on standby with a speedy team or shifty scheme. His stomach was in knots as they ambled out from the viewing box to the rafters, slotting into one of the traps where the racers were instructed to start. With the contenders given free reign to get down and dirty, the more questionable in their ranks would have no qualms beating his Pokemon to the dirt - they wouldn’t even need to be discreet about it. While a loss wasn’t the be all and end all, the safety of his Pokemon was. Bringing a Magikarp to the race was a suicide mission, although perhaps the fish out of water would look so pathetic it would slip under the radar of its opponents’ entirely.

“We can do this,” he whispered, more to himself than the Rocket Ball wriggling in his open palm. With a gentle lob the sphere cracked open against the dusty floor, Guppy flopping helplessly onto the scene. It took some patience to wrestle the shiny ‘Karp into submission, caressing its pectoral fin until it settled down and allowed him to fix on a Superhero Cape in a tight knot. The supernatural garment granted any wielder the power of flight, even a species as dim as Magikarp. The race coach felt a cheeky smirk coming on, if his opponents were going to break the rules of conventional racing then so would he.

“You’re my champion, buddy. First up I want you to Wish for good luck, god knows we’ll need it. Then let’s Bounce into the sky to gain altitude, and if anyone tries to wrestle with you back down give them a knock right back with your Tackle!” Whether or not it was the drink kicking in, Emp felt his nerves start to ease. If there was anything that Magikarp were known for, it was their unwavering determination in the face of adversity, spending their whole life swimming against the current, vaulting stories high waterfalls to unlock their full potential. With a gentle pat Emp stood back allowing Guppy to take things from there, the 'Karp forgetting his gravitational ties and readying to prove the worth hidden beneath his feeble facade.
 
Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
The weight of the situation felt a whole lot lighter with a drink in hand, Emp swirling the brown liquid idly as they made their ascent up to the racing box. He tried to soften his footsteps and tune into the conversation between the would-be crooks; they were playing with fire, and not the decorative sort that licked against the ornate staircase. He could only hope that Bonnie Lass knew what they were doing, or else they would both be burned before the night was through. The thought wouldn’t linger for long as the throng of challengers pushed through the double doors into the viewing box, a fully stocked bar to his left and a panoramic view of the racetrack to the right. He made a beeline left, a top up needed before he could even face up to the impending action.

Emp almost spat whiskey as the organisers unveiled what lay at the end of the racetrack, a jackpot to the tune of 50,000 bucks. The gentlemen’s eyes lit up with dollar signs, fancying their chances before the piston was even fired, supposedly on standby with a speedy team or shifty scheme. His stomach was in knots as they ambled out from the viewing box to the rafters, slotting into one of the traps where the racers were instructed to start. With the contenders given free reign to get down and dirty, the more questionable in their ranks would have no qualms beating his Pokemon to the dirt - they wouldn’t even need to be discreet about it. While a loss wasn’t the be all and end all, the safety of his Pokemon was. Bringing a Magikarp to the race was a suicide mission, although perhaps the fish out of water would look so pathetic it would slip under the radar of its opponents’ entirely.

“We can do this,” he whispered, more to himself than the Rocket Ball wriggling in his open palm. With a gentle lob the sphere cracked open against the dusty floor, Guppy flopping helplessly onto the scene. It took some patience to wrestle the shiny ‘Karp into submission, caressing its pectoral fin until it settled down and allowed him to fix on a Superhero Cape in a tight knot. The supernatural garment granted any wielder the power of flight, even a species as dim as Magikarp. The race coach felt a cheeky smirk coming on, if his opponents were going to break the rules of conventional racing then so would he.

“You’re my champion, buddy. First up I want you to Wish for good luck, god knows we’ll need it. Then let’s Bounce into the sky to gain altitude, and if anyone tries to wrestle with you back down give them a knock right back with your Tackle!” Whether or not it was the drink kicking in, Emp felt his nerves start to ease. If there was anything that Magikarp were known for, it was their unwavering determination in the face of adversity, spending their whole life swimming against the current, vaulting stories high waterfalls to unlock their full potential. With a gentle pat Emp stood back allowing Guppy to take things from there, the 'Karp forgetting his gravitational ties and readying to prove the worth hidden beneath his feeble facade.
Emp
Deciding to stick out the competition with your original entrant Guppy, you release the shiny Magikarp from his Rocket Ball and quickly adorn him with what you hope will be his secret weapon: the Superhero Cape. At the sight of this, Bonnie can't help but join you in smirking, bemused but quick to compliment the glittering fish nonetheless. Though some would consider it an unconventional tactic, only time would tell if it would pay off to get Guppy airborne. That didn't matter, though, Guppy was already a champion in your eyes and you let him know as much as you discussed your opening tactics.

Growing impatient, the taller of the race's organisers ushers you and your fellow racers to a patch of grass in the centre of the oval racetrack once all of your commands have been given - though the racetrack itself is quite long, the lawn at its heart offers you and your competitors the chance to follow the action and try your best to interact with your Pokémon as they compete. With each of you lined up, Bonnie flicks you a quick thumbs up before eyeing up her chief suspects and your fellow racing rivals. Before there is any time to get too comfortable, the sound of a pistol rings out through the small subterranean racetrack: the race had begun.

At either side of the tracks, you spot the organiser's Pokémon first and foremost: a huge Scolipede unfurls itself from the closest trap and sets off down its lane and a Morgrem dashes out of the furthest trap, cackling to itself as it does so. Quick to follow suit are Solosis and Bonnie's Zigzagoon, the pair of them hot on the heels of the organiser's choices. New to the racing scene, Guppy and the rest of the Pokémon follow next and you spot the Wishful look the Magikarp has in his eye as he levitates shakily out from within his designated trap. Finding his wings, he too begins to head down the track, following the lead of his rivals.

Seeing the Magikarp flying stops the Ampharos in its tracks as soon as he enters the fray, the magenta Light Pokémon stopping to stare up confusedly at their foe. This leaves an opening for the Dodrio to employ one of her requested tactics as she quickly unleashes a Tri Attack on her unexpecting competitor. Without waiting to see the Ampharos' reaction, the Dodrio takes off down her lane, eyes locked on the next Pokémon: Guppy. Luckily, though, the Magikarp has got the hang of his cape and uses this combined with his keen ability to Bounce and keep his distance from the approaching Triple Bird Pokémon without need to Tackle her just yet.

Reaching the organiser's Pokémon, you spot the Galarian Zigzagoon Taunting the Morgrem and Scolipede. This doesn't go down so well and the two of them focus their attention on the Tiny Racoon Pokémon instead of their progress. This appears to be what she wants, though, as she unleashes a flurry of her red and white spines in the form of a Pin Missile and takes the lead. Eyeing his opportunity, Solosis floats through the chaos quietly, managing to go unnoticed thanks to the Zigzagoon's attacks and continue towards the goal unimpeded. Despite this slight head start, though, Bonnie's Zigzagoon quickly overtakes the Cell Pokémon.

At this stage in the race, the furthest Pokémon along the tracks is Bonnie's Galarian Zigzagoon, almost reaching a flag marking the quarterway point. A mere few metres behind bobs Solosis who doesn't even seem to have broken a sweat so far. Beyond those two, the organiser's Morgrem and Scolipede follow close behind after regaining their composure. Next is Guppy the Magikarp, narrowly missing the tussle at the starting block, followed closely and intently by Dodrio despite his aerial nature. Ampharos has got a ways to go to catch up but he's not exerted himself too much yet - he's also got a bone to pick with Dodrio and appears to be Charged up.

What will you do next?

___
_____
_
____
___
_____
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
Deciding to stick out the competition with your original entrant Guppy, you release the shiny Magikarp from his Rocket Ball and quickly adorn him with what you hope will be his secret weapon: the Superhero Cape. At the sight of this, Bonnie can't help but join you in smirking, bemused but quick to compliment the glittering fish nonetheless. Though some would consider it an unconventional tactic, only time would tell if it would pay off to get Guppy airborne. That didn't matter, though, Guppy was already a champion in your eyes and you let him know as much as you discussed your opening tactics.

Growing impatient, the taller of the race's organisers ushers you and your fellow racers to a patch of grass in the centre of the oval racetrack once all of your commands have been given - though the racetrack itself is quite long, the lawn at its heart offers you and your competitors the chance to follow the action and try your best to interact with your Pokémon as they compete. With each of you lined up, Bonnie flicks you a quick thumbs up before eyeing up her chief suspects and your fellow racing rivals. Before there is any time to get too comfortable, the sound of a pistol rings out through the small subterranean racetrack: the race had begun.

At either side of the tracks, you spot the organiser's Pokémon first and foremost: a huge Scolipede unfurls itself from the closest trap and sets off down its lane and a Morgrem dashes out of the furthest trap, cackling to itself as it does so. Quick to follow suit are Solosis and Bonnie's Zigzagoon, the pair of them hot on the heels of the organiser's choices. New to the racing scene, Guppy and the rest of the Pokémon follow next and you spot the Wishful look the Magikarp has in his eye as he levitates shakily out from within his designated trap. Finding his wings, he too begins to head down the track, following the lead of his rivals.

Seeing the Magikarp flying stops the Ampharos in its tracks as soon as he enters the fray, the magenta Light Pokémon stopping to stare up confusedly at their foe. This leaves an opening for the Dodrio to employ one of her requested tactics as she quickly unleashes a Tri Attack on her unexpecting competitor. Without waiting to see the Ampharos' reaction, the Dodrio takes off down her lane, eyes locked on the next Pokémon: Guppy. Luckily, though, the Magikarp has got the hang of his cape and uses this combined with his keen ability to Bounce and keep his distance from the approaching Triple Bird Pokémon without need to Tackle her just yet.

Reaching the organiser's Pokémon, you spot the Galarian Zigzagoon Taunting the Morgrem and Scolipede. This doesn't go down so well and the two of them focus their attention on the Tiny Racoon Pokémon instead of their progress. This appears to be what she wants, though, as she unleashes a flurry of her red and white spines in the form of a Pin Missile and takes the lead. Eyeing his opportunity, Solosis floats through the chaos quietly, managing to go unnoticed thanks to the Zigzagoon's attacks and continue towards the goal unimpeded. Despite this slight head start, though, Bonnie's Zigzagoon quickly overtakes the Cell Pokémon.

At this stage in the race, the furthest Pokémon along the tracks is Bonnie's Galarian Zigzagoon, almost reaching a flag marking the quarterway point. A mere few metres behind bobs Solosis who doesn't even seem to have broken a sweat so far. Beyond those two, the organiser's Morgrem and Scolipede follow close behind after regaining their composure. Next is Guppy the Magikarp, narrowly missing the tussle at the starting block, followed closely and intently by Dodrio despite his aerial nature. Ampharos has got a ways to go to catch up but he's not exerted himself too much yet - he's also got a bone to pick with Dodrio and appears to be Charged up.

What will you do next?


___
_____
_
____
___
_____
The golden ‘Karp made a wish before kissing the racing mark (and entire track) goodbye, defying gravity before the spectators' very eyes. The racers looked like small Durant as he picked up altitude, floundering awkwardly like a fry caught in an undertow. The racetrack could have been mistaken for an aquarium from the viewing boxes, and yet Guppy couldn’t glide like he could in the open water – the sensation of swimming through thin air entirely new to him. The slow learner at least startled a few contenders in his ascent, the rest leaving him in their dust… Emp was coloured impressed as Bonnie’s Zigzagoon synched the lead with ease, the crisscross sprinter drawing the attention of its opponents before giving it a taste of its spines. The diversion befitted the orphaned Solosis too, bobbing through the bedlam and settling in second place without breaking so much as a sweat. While the red racoon had the lead they were still only a quarter way in, who knew if it had the stamina to sustain its head start?

Emp was getting ahead of himself; They were still lagging behind while the two on their tail were only just getting amped up. The Dodrio had eyes locked onto the flying fish the way a racing Houndoom might follow a mechanical Bunnelby. It didn’t ease the trainer’s anxiety that the bird of prey would have no qualms picking off a weakling like the Magikarp in the wild. He didn’t have it in him to needle the other contenders like his fierce drag acquaintance, but he wouldn’t stand idly like a sitting Psyduck either.

“You’ve built some altitude but at the expense of distance, try gliding back down to earth to pick up some speed. Then let’s try ricocheting into the lead, Bouncing off the top of Scolipede and Morgrem if you’re able. Finally, see if you can slip up an opponent with your Hydro Pump – and don’t forget to muscle any saboteurs off your back with Tackle!” Emp grinned widely, pumping his fist encouragingly as he watched the little ‘Karp go. Sure, they weren’t doing the best, but they weren’t doing the worst either – they would give it their all and have fun while doing it.
 
Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
The golden ‘Karp made a wish before kissing the racing mark (and entire track) goodbye, defying gravity before the spectators' very eyes. The racers looked like small Durant as he picked up altitude, floundering awkwardly like a fry caught in an undertow. The racetrack could have been mistaken for an aquarium from the viewing boxes, and yet Guppy couldn’t glide like he could in the open water – the sensation of swimming through thin air entirely new to him. The slow learner at least startled a few contenders in his ascent, the rest leaving him in their dust… Emp was coloured impressed as Bonnie’s Zigzagoon synched the lead with ease, the crisscross sprinter drawing the attention of its opponents before giving it a taste of its spines. The diversion befitted the orphaned Solosis too, bobbing through the bedlam and settling in second place without breaking so much as a sweat. While the red racoon had the lead they were still only a quarter way in, who knew if it had the stamina to sustain its head start?

Emp was getting ahead of himself; They were still lagging behind while the two on their tail were only just getting amped up. The Dodrio had eyes locked onto the flying fish the way a racing Houndoom might follow a mechanical Bunnelby. It didn’t ease the trainer’s anxiety that the bird of prey would have no qualms picking off a weakling like the Magikarp in the wild. He didn’t have it in him to needle the other contenders like his fierce drag acquaintance, but he wouldn’t stand idly like a sitting Psyduck either.

“You’ve built some altitude but at the expense of distance, try gliding back down to earth to pick up some speed. Then let’s try ricocheting into the lead, Bouncing off the top of Scolipede and Morgrem if you’re able. Finally, see if you can slip up an opponent with your Hydro Pump – and don’t forget to muscle any saboteurs off your back with Tackle!” Emp grinned widely, pumping his fist encouragingly as he watched the little ‘Karp go. Sure, they weren’t doing the best, but they weren’t doing the worst either – they would give it their all and have fun while doing it.
Emp
Having watched the first leg of the race unfold, you quickly form your strategy for Guppy's next moves. Without hesitation, you call out your plans to the Fish Pokémon as he glides past you in his cape, the three-headed terror bird hot on his tailfin. You don't hear any of the commands of your opponents but as you glance over to Bonnie, you notice that she has moved herself closer to the two businessmen and had engaged one of them in what looked like a heated conversation. None of them have noticed the race organiser pacing, not particularly paying attention to the tracks in that moment and looking up to the large window instead. As you follow his gaze up and through the glass, you see what looks to be the shorter of the hosts stood in the bar area alongside another person you don't recognise; the pair appearing to be having a rather lively discussion themselves.

A coarse squawk draws your attention back to the competition at hand, though, as the Dodrio reaches his personal goal and lunges up at Guppy with each of the heads attacking in a fury. Quick to follow your command, though, the Fish Pokémon tackles hard into the three-headed bird, the cape and the attitude gained helping to deliver a decent knockback to the fish's foe. Sensing this as his opening, Guppy turns away from the shiny Dodrio and begins to Bounce down the tracks once again, back in the running. The Dodrio doesn't have an opportunity to follow either as the Ampharos he had previously launched an assault on is hot on his tailfeathers.

The race front runners are becoming less clear as both the Scolipede and Morgrem are catching up quickly to the leading Zigzagoon and the Solosis tagging along a mere few feet behind. This doesn't appear to deter the Tiny Racoon but you notice that Solosis can sense the approach of their less than friendly opponents and begins to prepare a retaliation. This only appears to goad the Devious Pokémon, though, as he unleashes a Sucker Punch to the back of the Solosis' head, sending him ricocheting from his lane. Despite his focus, the frackus behind him causes Bonnie's Zigzagoon to stop and look back. With this momentary lapse of focus, Scolipede has the chance to catch up and surpass the Morgrem and Solosis, heading directly for the now-static Tiny Racoon instead.

Directing your focus back to Guppy, you see that your plan to use Bounce along the tracks is working out nicely as he careens towards the Pokémon in front at a pace that would be alarming to them if they were more focused. Checking to see if the Dodrio is hot in pursuit, you see it grappling with the Ampharos. Despite its pink and fluffy appearance, the magenta beast was pummeling the three-headed bird with numerous Thunder Punches and each of the heads squawked their anguish in unison. Neither Pokémon looked like they were focused on the race at this point as the Dodrio fired off a Tri Attack in the face of their assailant and leapt into a combat stance for its next move.

Having nobody on his tailfins, Guppy continues to bounce and glide down the tracks, quickly reaching the four Pokémon who had similarly engaged each other in combat. Seeing this and wanting to get the edge on the situation, the shiny Fish Pokémon unleashes a humongous torrent of water on his approach in the form of a Hydro Pump. The water soaks the entire portion of the racetrack, sending both friends and foes alike scattering across the lanes; your plan had worked out perfectly. That is until you spot the Morgrem, first on his feet once again, dashing directly at your Pokémon. Before Guppy can react and continue down his own lane, the Devious Pokémon leaps and snatches at the cape. It isn't clear if the thief knows that this item is what gave the fish the uncanny ability of flight but he slipped it on his shoulders before dashing off in a flash nonetheless.

With Morgrem taking the lead, Bonnie's Zigzagoon shakes off his gorgeous red and white fur and careens down his lane once again. Guppy, having utilised the bouncing strategy once already, starts off down his lane as well; even though he hasn't got his Superhero cape at the moment, he still seems as determined as he was previously. Behind these three, Scolipede and Solosis appear to be facing each other down rather than continuing onwards, both locked in a stare off across the lanes and awaiting the other's move. Thanks to their extended tussle, neither the Dodrio or Ampharos have made any progress and they don't look like they even remember the race is happening.

What will you do next?

_____
____
______
______________
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9
Chris-

With your Thievul and Delcatty now out, and a few hijinks later, your group descends into the cave. Your Vulpix uses her Will-o-wisps to light the path, which mostly just helps you to avoid jutting out rocks. The cave itself isn't all that interesting, and didn't seem all that scary at all? Was it just the darkness, and the strange light, that seemed to give the illusion of it being scary? It was hard to say, for there wasn't anything too interesting.

CLING.

The sound reverberated through the cave, causing an echo effect. It was loud, and sharp as if someone was slamming a piece of metal into the ground. This immediately caused your Pokemon to jump up, looking a lot more aware then they previously were. Looking back, you can only see darkness. It looked like that the entrance into this den was long gone. Was this one of the giant volcanic tunnels that ran through the cliffs? At this rate, it felt like it was.

CLING.

At this rate, the sound was starting to get louder and louder. Were you starting to approach the noise? And what awaited you once you reached it? The only thing you could do at this point was to push forward a little bit. At least see what it could be? Taking a few more steps forwards, you notice the same glowing light. It was a lot brighter than when you say it at the entrance of the cave. Seemed your quarry was here. You could see fully what it was, or turn back now.

What do you do?

Emi-

You make your way towards the hotel lobby. The building, while decrepit at this point, still looked like it had regular use. People curious about what the hotel was like, the supposed haunted rooms, and the special casino all came here. The lobby itself seemed to be filled with a few trainers today, all looking to go into different directions. But, they all seemed so boring. Run of the mill riff-raff that was here to explore than to seek the excitement you craved.

Scanning the room, you do notice something interesting. A surprisingly fresh-looking notice board had a pure white paper posted onto it. Walking up and reading it, it stated that there was a special event in the casino today. A gambling tournament for VIP members, with the winner being offered a hefty sum of Pokedollars and a promise of a secret grand prize. Oh yes, that certainly piped your interest.

Of course, the question then came of trying to lock down a member's card. There were a few options you could take here. You could explore the hotel, or see if any of these chums might have a card. Though, judging by what you could see, there was no one here that would have something as lucrative as that. Thus, you had three options. You could go rummage through the hotel rooms upstairs, see if there was something left behind. There was also the kitchen and dining room you could try. Lastly was the old storeroom. All three seemed like potential options for you to choose from. That choice was yours.

What do you do?
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
6
Missingno. Master - Hermione pointing out a few paths for you, it's quickly decided that leaving this shrine for now is likely in your best interest to track down the scent Hermione has found. Choosing between the paths, the one leading out to the island's eastern edge sounds the most worth your time, though the path is blocked by only the most dense of the jungle foliage. Luckily, your Alakazam of rather... healthy weight, Homer, offers a helping hand, or spoon, in exchange for the sweet, sweet bribe of chocolate to be created by the Weedle after the job is done.

A short series of Psycho Cuts later sees you plowing through the jungle at speed, Hermoine insisting that you go faster and faster as she furiously sniffs at the air to try not to lose the scent. A few sharp turns here and there see you plunging deep into the jungle, no longer able to see the sky above nor the Spire in the distance, though the occasional chirp of bugs and sounds of wildlife finally grace your ear for the first time since you had stepped onto the island.

Now moving in a full blown sprint, you find yourself bursting through some foliage, only to take a quick tumble over a rather large rock at your feet, stumbling and falling downhill over the ashen sands making up the island's eastern coast. Looking back at the stone, a low, loud rumble can be heard all around you, the stone having been only the tail end of a chain of boulders stretched all around the area. The rumble escalates to a full blown roar as the boulders begin to move along, not rolling but rather slithering with eachother as a massive shadow looms over you. A glance back behind you reveals none other than a colossal Onix, this particular behemoth stretching much higher into the sky than one might normally expect, the length from its head to the tip of its tail looking to be easily over a hundred feet.

Staring down at you in displeasure, the Onix roars once more, winding itself in preparation to defend itself and its home.


SlashKub - Sitting in pensive thought for quite some time, your concentration, or lack thereof, is broken by Caprina wriggling about for a moment in your arms before giving a swift slap to your face. It's a bit of a shock, but enough of one to help you decide where you truly want to go. Happy with your suggestion of heading to the desert, Caprina stares out before you as you walk towards the shimmering white sands making up much of the island.

Exiting the border of the town and stepping into the desert, it's as though pure white glitter has been stretched out before your very eyes as far as you can sea. The sand seems to reach out far beyond the horizon, giving the impression that there is no sea to be found on the other side even though you know all too well that this island is not overly large in size. As explained by the man you previously bumped into, a number of people can be found training with their Pokemon as you take view of the full landscape, Pokemon of every shape and size finding ways to make themselves stronger in their own respective strengths and lessen their individual weaknesses.

You find yourself quite unable to approach any of them, though, as a woman with bright red hair in short shorts and a training top runs up from behind you, her bare feet kicking up sand as she passes by you. Her Pokemon, on the other hand, waddles behind slowly, snacking on what appears to be a taco, before stopping near you to stare up at the Popplio in your arms. The small, off-white cephalopod promptly finishes the snack before raising both of its tentacle-like arms up in a defensive pose.

"Come on Hurley, you're falling behind!" The trainer shouts before looking back, finally spotting you. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!" Jogging back over the woman scoops up her Pokemon, "I'm Lacey, nice to meet you!"

The woman's smile seemed a bit less... off than that of the man before, a bit more genuine, perhaps. And yet her eyes seemed to pierce straight through you, as though she was examining your every flaw. "Oh, are you here to do some training?"


Enigmatic Professor - Tick... Tick... Tick...

The sound followed you as you made every turn.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Right around the bend.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Second right, first left.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

First right, first right.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

And as you made the third left and stopped to stare at the false dead-end, the ticking continued. You found the mirrors mocking you, your own visage having clearly aged in the reflective glow of the maze. But not only your own form stared back through the mirrors, haunting you with its older age. That of the Pokemon accompanying you seemed to visibly age as well, until your Tynamo burst from its ball and began to glow a bright white.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

The white glow fills the room around you, bouncing off every mirror as the light blinds your eyes.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

And then the light sharply fades.

You find yourself standing in a room, made up entirely or a circle of mirrors, your own form having aged to that you saw in the mirrors only moments ago. The Arcanine by your side having grown to look a bit more experienced, as though it had been through many more trials than when you had entered the House of Mirrors, your Tynamo now a fully evolved Eelektross.

What could have caused this? Was it all just a dream? Some dark and twisted magic? No. It couldn't be. Far too cliche. The mirrors about the room flicker with your memories over the years, the room showing you events of your future, or perhaps of your past. It's all become so unclear now.

A primordial beast flashes over the mirrors, the form of a Dialga ripping apart time itself only to be defeated by a great many trainers. The echoes of time falling apart to reveal only the silver screens of the mirrors, your own face staring back at you.

And then the voice you heard before. The strange spirit that had led you through the maze. "Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence."

Directly before you a strange form steps out of your own and through the mirror. "Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance."

Slowly, the form takes shape, humanoid at first before growing slowly smaller. "Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence."

Soon, a Pokemon of with a soft, pink body and a large, white, helmet with a singular jewel comes to form. "Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance."

Then, a wave of Psychic energy erupts from the Pokemon, launching you and your Pokemon back into the mirrors behind you with a crack. The mirrors around the room shatter one by one, reflecting the same scene over and over as the Slowking grins, staring you down with malicious intent.
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
11
Missingno. Master - Hermione pointing out a few paths for you, it's quickly decided that leaving this shrine for now is likely in your best interest to track down the scent Hermione has found. Choosing between the paths, the one leading out to the island's eastern edge sounds the most worth your time, though the path is blocked by only the most dense of the jungle foliage. Luckily, your Alakazam of rather... healthy weight, Homer, offers a helping hand, or spoon, in exchange for the sweet, sweet bribe of chocolate to be created by the Weedle after the job is done.

A short series of Psycho Cuts later sees you plowing through the jungle at speed, Hermoine insisting that you go faster and faster as she furiously sniffs at the air to try not to lose the scent. A few sharp turns here and there see you plunging deep into the jungle, no longer able to see the sky above nor the Spire in the distance, though the occasional chirp of bugs and sounds of wildlife finally grace your ear for the first time since you had stepped onto the island.

Now moving in a full blown sprint, you find yourself bursting through some foliage, only to take a quick tumble over a rather large rock at your feet, stumbling and falling downhill over the ashen sands making up the island's eastern coast. Looking back at the stone, a low, loud rumble can be heard all around you, the stone having been only the tail end of a chain of boulders stretched all around the area. The rumble escalates to a full blown roar as the boulders begin to move along, not rolling but rather slithering with eachother as a massive shadow looms over you. A glance back behind you reveals none other than a colossal Onix, this particular behemoth stretching much higher into the sky than one might normally expect, the length from its head to the tip of its tail looking to be easily over a hundred feet.

Staring down at you in displeasure, the Onix roars once more, winding itself in preparation to defend itself and its home.
With Homer's Psycho Cut forging their path, Eddie and his Pokémon proceeded onward, with Hermione urging them to keep moving, faster and faster, the better for her to not lose the scent. Eventually, this led to Eddie actively running, something he didn't usually do, but he couldn't afford to dwell on it, not when the time for action was at hand! And then, as this thought crossed his mind, he tripped over a rock. "Gah!" Eddie exclaimed as he tumbled, falling down a hill, and landing on the sand of the island's eastern coast. As a rumbling sound echoed throughout the area, Eddie took stock of his surroundings, including the massive chain of boulders stretched all around. And then, just as the rumbling turned to roaring, the boulders moved- they weren't rollng, they were slithering as one entity, and Eddie very quickly identified said entity as the one thing such a huge chain of boulders could be; an Onix.

"Weedle..." Hermione murmured warily.

"It's humongous..." Eddie murmured, half in fear, half in awe. "A hundred feet, head to tail, easily, at the very least!"

How enlightening, Homer telepathically snarked. Now how about we start moving away from the colossal Onix, hmm?

But Eddie wouldn't budge. As his Pokémon looked, they could see a wide grin spreading across his face, the light glaring off his glasses as he adjusted them. "What a breakthrough," he murmured. "I knew we were onto something!" He whipped out his tape recorder once more and hit the button to record. "At this moment, I have encountered a gigantic Onix on the eastern coast of the island," he spoke into the device. "The size alone shows promise, but I will need to gauge its power level as only a Pokémon Trainer can; then and only then will we know if we're on the right track." He stopped recording and put the device back in his bag.

Do I take this to mean you intend to battle that behemoth? Homer demanded.

"But of course!" Eddie grinned. "A well-documented cryptopokological phenomenon is the tendency for abnormally powerful wild Pokémon to gather where Missingno. and 'M can be found, and this Onix looks like it just might fit the bill! Now, Homer, attack that Onix!" he ordered. "Reflect, Energy Ball, and Psychic attack!" The Alakazam said nothing in response, keeping his mind firmly on the promised feast of chocolate as he set to work- after all, with the situation being what it was, it doesn't exactly take an IQ of 5,000 to realize this was hardly a time to start arguing. Eddie, meanwhile, resolved to keep a close eye on the battle, to see how the Onix fared against this powerful Alakazam.
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Enigmatic Professor - Tick... Tick... Tick...

The sound followed you as you made every turn.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Right around the bend.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

Second right, first left.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

First right, first right.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

And as you made the third left and stopped to stare at the false dead-end, the ticking continued. You found the mirrors mocking you, your own visage having clearly aged in the reflective glow of the maze. But not only your own form stared back through the mirrors, haunting you with its older age. That of the Pokemon accompanying you seemed to visibly age as well, until your Tynamo burst from its ball and began to glow a bright white.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

The white glow fills the room around you, bouncing off every mirror as the light blinds your eyes.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

And then the light sharply fades.

You find yourself standing in a room, made up entirely or a circle of mirrors, your own form having aged to that you saw in the mirrors only moments ago. The Arcanine by your side having grown to look a bit more experienced, as though it had been through many more trials than when you had entered the House of Mirrors, your Tynamo now a fully evolved Eelektross.

What could have caused this? Was it all just a dream? Some dark and twisted magic? No. It couldn't be. Far too cliche. The mirrors about the room flicker with your memories over the years, the room showing you events of your future, or perhaps of your past. It's all become so unclear now.

A primordial beast flashes over the mirrors, the form of a Dialga ripping apart time itself only to be defeated by a great many trainers. The echoes of time falling apart to reveal only the silver screens of the mirrors, your own face staring back at you.

And then the voice you heard before. The strange spirit that had led you through the maze. "Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence."

Directly before you a strange form steps out of your own and through the mirror. "Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance."

Slowly, the form takes shape, humanoid at first before growing slowly smaller. "Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence."

Soon, a Pokemon of with a soft, pink body and a large, white, helmet with a singular jewel comes to form. "Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance."

Then, a wave of Psychic energy erupts from the Pokemon, launching you and your Pokemon back into the mirrors behind you with a crack. The mirrors around the room shatter one by one, reflecting the same scene over and over as the Slowking grins, staring you down with malicious intent.

Drake is visibly shaken by what just happened, several things happened all at once and he struggled as his psyche became overwhelmed with precious memories and new ones combining all together at this point in time. Drake then watched as a pokemon dropped in front of him, the voice of the spirit he heard that had led him through the maze of mirrors was a Slowking.

His back cracked and he could feel mirror shards raining down upon him and Wolfe, along with Voltsy, not only did his head hurt like a motherfudger but his now his entire body had erupted in a flare of pain. Drake struggled to get back up, the mirror shards reflecting his face and the sweat dripping down of the bridge of his nose. Blood trickled down his arms and hands as well as his forehead, telling him these mirrors were glass and since the Slowking had materialized from them also made him wonder if they were lined with silver.

Without needing a verbal confirmation from Drake, Wolfe was faster to recover and jump into to action unleashing a Stream of Firery hell upon the surrounding area encircling Voltsy and Drake, the giant 12-foot monstrosity of pure anger and fur then lept at the royal pokemon brandishing fangs cloaked in sparking electricity, aimed to the pokemons throat.
Wolfe had unloaded the psyche overwhelming upon Drake so he could battle, which was smart and it seemed to be the best course of action at the time being given the severity of the situation so he could defend his partner who had been with him through everything.

Voltsy on the other hand struggled to get back on his flippers, then released a Discharge of electrified power that bounced around the room, after which he moved over in front of Drake to defend him however he could.

Drake looked around slowly as if in a drunken daze, he could see his partners fighting this pokemon that was the spirit he had trusted... Where was his sister? Krelia... he was sitting with krelia at the mess hall laughing with her while she held the man's hand who's face was visibly red from whatever he had said... things felt all weird since the battle with Primal Dialga... but they had beaten him... right? Drake remembered the roaring and a giant hand from a hatterne that helped them... where was he?
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Chris-

With your Thievul and Delcatty now out, and a few hijinks later, your group descends into the cave. Your Vulpix uses her Will-o-wisps to light the path, which mostly just helps you to avoid jutting out rocks. The cave itself isn't all that interesting, and didn't seem all that scary at all? Was it just the darkness, and the strange light, that seemed to give the illusion of it being scary? It was hard to say, for there wasn't anything too interesting.

CLING.

The sound reverberated through the cave, causing an echo effect. It was loud, and sharp as if someone was slamming a piece of metal into the ground. This immediately caused your Pokemon to jump up, looking a lot more aware then they previously were. Looking back, you can only see darkness. It looked like that the entrance into this den was long gone. Was this one of the giant volcanic tunnels that ran through the cliffs? At this rate, it felt like it was.

CLING.

At this rate, the sound was starting to get louder and louder. Were you starting to approach the noise? And what awaited you once you reached it? The only thing you could do at this point was to push forward a little bit. At least see what it could be? Taking a few more steps forwards, you notice the same glowing light. It was a lot brighter than when you say it at the entrance of the cave. Seemed your quarry was here. You could see fully what it was, or turn back now.

What do you do?
As the group ventured into the spooky cave, Curtis realized that... you know what? It just seems to be a cave. Sure that can be scary in and of itself and maybe the color of Will-o-Wisps is making things seem a bit odd, but really he's not seeing much that's there to be afraid of. Heck for his Pokemon who can see in the dark better than he can, it's probably even less scary.

He turned to face the still trembling Vulpix as they walked, "See Annahime? Nothing to be scared of, just a cave. No spooky markings or spooky vibes, just normal cave vibes."

Annahime shrunk down at being belittled. Yeah sure maybe she was overreacted, but how was she supposed to know that there wouldn't be anything to be scared of before they went in here?

Then all of the sudden there was an ear-curdling screech behind them! "THIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Both of them stood up straight and spun around to see- Finnegan and Toby laughing at the Thievul's latest prank. It takes a moment for Curtis and Annahime to realize that yes, that noise did indeed come from Finnegan.

With a growl, Annahime makes one of the Will-o-Wisps take a swipe at their idiot faces, making the silly fox and cat skitter off ahead and get back to being on guard.

Curtis sighs, "Do that again and you're both going back in your balls. Anyhow, see? There's nothing to be scared of except for those two idiots and I guess running into something unfriendly."

CLING

"Oh no, why did I open my mouth..." Curtis groans, "You two, come here and huddle up."

The two pranksters also scared by the sudden noise, do as told for once. Looking back, he also can't see the daylight that's coming from outside anymore.

Just how deep are they?

CLING

Oh gods no, gods why it's coming closer. Oh and hey look that glow's back. Great just great.

He grits his teeth and clenches his fist. "Fuck this, we're not letting some dumb thing scare us off so easily. Might be nothing anyways. Annahime, get down. Everyone, get ready to fight if you have to... it might not like us."

Curtis and his team creep closer... "Wait for my signal and when I give it, Annahime- Mystical Fire. Toby- Copycat that Mystical Fire. Finnegan- Snarl."

If whatever's attack moves to attack, he'll yell for his team to attack in return...
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
Having watched the first leg of the race unfold, you quickly form your strategy for Guppy's next moves. Without hesitation, you call out your plans to the Fish Pokémon as he glides past you in his cape, the three-headed terror bird hot on his tailfin. You don't hear any of the commands of your opponents but as you glance over to Bonnie, you notice that she has moved herself closer to the two businessmen and had engaged one of them in what looked like a heated conversation. None of them have noticed the race organiser pacing, not particularly paying attention to the tracks in that moment and looking up to the large window instead. As you follow his gaze up and through the glass, you see what looks to be the shorter of the hosts stood in the bar area alongside another person you don't recognise; the pair appearing to be having a rather lively discussion themselves.

A coarse squawk draws your attention back to the competition at hand, though, as the Dodrio reaches his personal goal and lunges up at Guppy with each of the heads attacking in a fury. Quick to follow your command, though, the Fish Pokémon tackles hard into the three-headed bird, the cape and the attitude gained helping to deliver a decent knockback to the fish's foe. Sensing this as his opening, Guppy turns away from the shiny Dodrio and begins to Bounce down the tracks once again, back in the running. The Dodrio doesn't have an opportunity to follow either as the Ampharos he had previously launched an assault on is hot on his tailfeathers.

The race front runners are becoming less clear as both the Scolipede and Morgrem are catching up quickly to the leading Zigzagoon and the Solosis tagging along a mere few feet behind. This doesn't appear to deter the Tiny Racoon but you notice that Solosis can sense the approach of their less than friendly opponents and begins to prepare a retaliation. This only appears to goad the Devious Pokémon, though, as he unleashes a Sucker Punch to the back of the Solosis' head, sending him ricocheting from his lane. Despite his focus, the frackus behind him causes Bonnie's Zigzagoon to stop and look back. With this momentary lapse of focus, Scolipede has the chance to catch up and surpass the Morgrem and Solosis, heading directly for the now-static Tiny Racoon instead.

Directing your focus back to Guppy, you see that your plan to use Bounce along the tracks is working out nicely as he careens towards the Pokémon in front at a pace that would be alarming to them if they were more focused. Checking to see if the Dodrio is hot in pursuit, you see it grappling with the Ampharos. Despite its pink and fluffy appearance, the magenta beast was pummeling the three-headed bird with numerous Thunder Punches and each of the heads squawked their anguish in unison. Neither Pokémon looked like they were focused on the race at this point as the Dodrio fired off a Tri Attack in the face of their assailant and leapt into a combat stance for its next move.

Having nobody on his tailfins, Guppy continues to bounce and glide down the tracks, quickly reaching the four Pokémon who had similarly engaged each other in combat. Seeing this and wanting to get the edge on the situation, the shiny Fish Pokémon unleashes a humongous torrent of water on his approach in the form of a Hydro Pump. The water soaks the entire portion of the racetrack, sending both friends and foes alike scattering across the lanes; your plan had worked out perfectly. That is until you spot the Morgrem, first on his feet once again, dashing directly at your Pokémon. Before Guppy can react and continue down his own lane, the Devious Pokémon leaps and snatches at the cape. It isn't clear if the thief knows that this item is what gave the fish the uncanny ability of flight but he slipped it on his shoulders before dashing off in a flash nonetheless.

With Morgrem taking the lead, Bonnie's Zigzagoon shakes off his gorgeous red and white fur and careens down his lane once again. Guppy, having utilised the bouncing strategy once already, starts off down his lane as well; even though he hasn't got his Superhero cape at the moment, he still seems as determined as he was previously. Behind these three, Scolipede and Solosis appear to be facing each other down rather than continuing onwards, both locked in a stare off across the lanes and awaiting the other's move. Thanks to their extended tussle, neither the Dodrio or Ampharos have made any progress and they don't look like they even remember the race is happening.

What will you do next?


_____
____
______
______________
Emp was starting to doubt his race coaching credentials as the mismatch of contenders careened down the track faster than his eyes could follow. His delayed encouragement would be no help to the ‘Karp as it tailed behind the bulk of racers, he needed to keep his eye on the prize and off the suspicious goings on around him. He could only hope that their wish would come true or another taco truck would arrive to mow down the opposing racers. While Guppy had finished the first leg unfettered, he would soon enough fall prey to the Dodrio hot on his tailfin, each head united in their determination to pick him out of the race. Emp sighed in relief as the Magikarp shirked them off, springing out of range and toward the frontrunners while the Triple Bird Pokemon fell victim to an Ampharos’ electrified fisticuffs in their wake. All three heads retaliated at once and the altercation devolved into an all-out brawl, effectively taking them out of the competition.

The trainer’s eyes darted down the track where it was fast becoming anyone’s race, the Scolipede and Morgrem closing the gap between the two frontrunners. Living up to its devious nature, the latter gave their precognitive pal a sucker punch even they couldn’t see coming. The sock sends its head rattling around its embryonic sack, slipping out of its lane and losing all momentum. Emp felt a pang of guilt for the contender, lacking a voice to coach him forward. The ruckus was enough to stir the Zigzagoon from its concentration, almost costing it the lead with the Scolipede accelerating into third, then second. Slipping free of his would-be saboteurs Guppy was building speed and fast; he was decidedly a special breed, body made of tightly coiled springs rather than the scale and bone. Homing in on the other racers it was time to dabble in some dirty tactics as he locked on and took a deep inhale. Clustered together in fierce competition, the contenders made for an easy target as the shiny ‘Karp doused the track beneath their feet with a flood of water. Losing their friction, the sprinters started to topple like bowling pins.

It would be an easy lap from here, if the Morgrem hadn’t decided to play dirty too. First on its feet it made a beeline for Guppy before swiping the cape right from under it! Emp could barely watch as the Magikarp lost altitude and skidded and scraped against the hard, gravelled track. The crash landing set him behind the robber, but he was quick to regain his composure as he flopped his tailfin against the ground with incredible propulsion, more determined to clinch the win than ever. Emp felt he might burst with pride as he pumped a fist into the air. The loss of their secret weapon would no doubt set them back, but they were only two positions from the lead now. The Morgrem had no idea what it was wielding either, so perhaps they could use that to their advantage.

“Keep Bouncing boy! Then see if you can push Morgrem off the ground with an upward Tackle, once it’s airborne send it propelling into the bleachers with your Hydro Pump,” Emp couldn't hide his wicked grin. Where the ‘Karp at least had experience navigating up and down in the water, he suspected the thief would crash and burn on its first attempt - and with the race heating up he had no qualms provoking such a disaster.
 
Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Emp was starting to doubt his race coaching credentials as the mismatch of contenders careened down the track faster than his eyes could follow. His delayed encouragement would be no help to the ‘Karp as it tailed behind the bulk of racers, he needed to keep his eye on the prize and off the suspicious goings on around him. He could only hope that their wish would come true or another taco truck would arrive to mow down the opposing racers. While Guppy had finished the first leg unfettered, he would soon enough fall prey to the Dodrio hot on his tailfin, each head united in their determination to pick him out of the race. Emp sighed in relief as the Magikarp shirked them off, springing out of range and toward the frontrunners while the Triple Bird Pokemon fell victim to an Ampharos’ electrified fisticuffs in their wake. All three heads retaliated at once and the altercation devolved into an all-out brawl, effectively taking them out of the competition.

The trainer’s eyes darted down the track where it was fast becoming anyone’s race, the Scolipede and Morgrem closing the gap between the two frontrunners. Living up to its devious nature, the latter gave their precognitive pal a sucker punch even they couldn’t see coming. The sock sends its head rattling around its embryonic sack, slipping out of its lane and losing all momentum. Emp felt a pang of guilt for the contender, lacking a voice to coach him forward. The ruckus was enough to stir the Zigzagoon from its concentration, almost costing it the lead with the Scolipede accelerating into third, then second. Slipping free of his would-be saboteurs Guppy was building speed and fast; he was decidedly a special breed, body made of tightly coiled springs rather than the scale and bone. Homing in on the other racers it was time to dabble in some dirty tactics as he locked on and took a deep inhale. Clustered together in fierce competition, the contenders made for an easy target as the shiny ‘Karp doused the track beneath their feet with a flood of water. Losing their friction, the sprinters started to topple like bowling pins.

It would be an easy lap from here, if the Morgrem hadn’t decided to play dirty too. First on its feet it made a beeline for Guppy before swiping the cape right from under it! Emp could barely watch as the Magikarp lost altitude and skidded and scraped against the hard, gravelled track. The crash landing set him behind the robber, but he was quick to regain his composure as he flopped his tailfin against the ground with incredible propulsion, more determined to clinch the win than ever. Emp felt he might burst with pride as he pumped a fist into the air. The loss of their secret weapon would no doubt set them back, but they were only two positions from the lead now. The Morgrem had no idea what it was wielding either, so perhaps they could use that to their advantage.

“Keep Bouncing boy! Then see if you can push Morgrem off the ground with an upward Tackle, once it’s airborne send it propelling into the bleachers with your Hydro Pump,” Emp couldn't hide his wicked grin. Where the ‘Karp at least had experience navigating up and down in the water, he suspected the thief would crash and burn on its first attempt - and with the race heating up he had no qualms provoking such a disaster.
Emp
With commands issued, you watch in anticipation as Guppy sets about trying to get a hold of his cape once more. Using his ability to Bounce with an impressive speed, it isn't long before the Magikarp catches up to the Devious Pokémon still wielding the piece of fabric in one claw. As Guppy gets close and attempts to launch himself up to Tackle his foe, the Morgrem is quick to flip out of the way of the attack and with his free hand unleash a powerful Shadow Claw upon Guppy. During the fracas, Bonnie's Zigzagoon darts past, once again taking the lead position. Though the Magikarp is injured by the Morgrem's attack and his attempt to knock his opponent off guard failed, he is quick to follow up with the next phase of his assault, unleashing another powerful torrent in the form of Hydro Pump directly at the imp. Though it doesn't quite send it into the bleachers, the Devious Pokémon takes a decent hit from the attack and is completely washed off its feet once again, pushed out of its lane and onto the grass verge at the side of the track. In the space between Guppy's lane and the Morgrem, your Superhero cape lies discarded and damp.

Further down the tracks, Solosis and Scolipede's face off ends up being a quick one as the Cell Pokémon uses its signature Confuse Ray to throw the giant centipede off guard and take off once again, quickly catching up to and overtaking Guppy and the Morgrem as they glare at each other. Nearer to the beginning, the Ampharos and Dodrio have both taken a lot of damage from the other. Sensing its need for flight over fight, the Dodrio decides to use its lightning fast Agility to careen off down the tracks away from the Ampharos. As you watch, the supersonic bird covers metres with every second, quickly catching up to the Scolipede in front of it with ease. Having eyed the Dodrio locked in such serious combat with the Ampharos mere moments before, the Megapede Pokémon unleashes a Cross Poison attack directly at the approaching avian with its gnarled horns. This catches it completely off guard and, having already been severely weakened by his previous sparring, the Dodrio collapses in a heap of verdant feathers.

As things stand right now, Bonnie's Zigzagoon has managed to take the lead with no distractions or diversions but appears to be slowing somewhat from all the effort exerted. Behind the Tiny Racoon is Solosis, bobbing eagerly along his lane in an attempt to catch up to the leading racer. Guppy and the Morgrem are next up, currently facing off after the Magikarp's powerful retaliation. Buoyed by its recent knockout, the Scolipede has set off down its lane once again but it is unclear if he is heading for the Cell Pokémon or the goal. Since the Dodrio's knockout, Ampharos has been focusing on making progress in the race but it still the last Pokémon out of those still left standing.

Before you bring your attention back to Guppy and the situation at hand, you notice the Dodrio being led away from where it fell on the racetrack by the organiser who had been observing from the stands previously. Curiously, the man doesn't lead the limping bird back over to his trainer but instead towards the stairs leading to the glass-walled lobby where the two soon disappear from view. This doesn't appear to be the regular racing protocol, though, as the Dodrio's trainer is quick to pull away from conversing with Bonnie to follow, a concerned look forming on his face.

What will you do next?
__
___
_______
____
 
According to my research
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
CyberBlastoise - Hearing of the Cursed Temple built into the bowl of the volcano high to the peak of the Conflagrant Spire, this seems like the perfect opportunity to spit in the face of the gods themselves. Utilizing your trusty climbing gear makes the trek up the Thermal Cliffs far easier than it otherwise would have been, and you find yourself staring down one of the many wooden rope bridges stretching along various paths into the volcano itself and to the temple carved into the stone, many entrances stretching deep into the bowl.

With Silver and Megas at the ready, a trek across this bridge is finally in order to make your way into the Temple. Strangely, the rope and wooden planks of the bridge are nothing shy of pristine, with nary a sway from the wind caused by the thermals nor a creak of the wood despite these bridges having existed over the intense heat here for some time. This particular bridge stretches almost exactly across the bowl's center, sloping downwards at a sharp angle to reach an alcove some twenty feet above the bubbling lava of the volcano.

From here, there are a clear two entrances before you, one a large, intricate arch covered in many a glyph, while the second is much smaller in size, barely taller than the average door frame, with barely any decoration to bring note to it. The smaller opening is partially covered by a large slab of rock, leaving only room for small Pokemon to pass through, while the larger entrance is completely uncovered, revealing a massive hall leading into the Temple. Further, a second bridge connects to this alcove, leading to another alcove just nearby at a slightly higher elevation where a small, cave like entrance situated between two bird-like statues can be seen.
Bill looks at the two entrances, and takes a moment to ponder. On one hand the less decorative door often means less traps and ultimately less headache, but on the other hand most of the best stuff is most likely more easily accessible from the large door. The smaller entrance is covered by a large rock, and ultimately Bill decided to go with that entrance instead. Half of the fun of these temples is trying to find your way out of an exit you did not initially enter in, besides the less traps might also mean finding a treasure room might be likely too. He approaches the large slab of rock.

"What do you two think?" All three figures look at the door before they start to do their individual thing.

Megas starts to try to pull the rock and lift it by itself, lifting with its robotic back, very obviously straining. However, its pride and energy would not allow the rock to have the better of it. After a couple of strains, it imitates spitting on its hands, rubs them together then does a very motivated lift.

Silver, the more experienced of the two Pokemon when it comes to tomb raiding, on the other hand, takes a peek through the hole to see whether or not it's clear for the two Pokemon to make it through and see if they can open the temple up for their trainer. He looks up and down inside the room, careful not to step inside quite yet just in case some sort of trap happens to be right at this entrance...or worse some sort of rot from the old temple might cause a collapse on top of the turtle.

Finally, Bill eyes around the entrance to see if maybe there is some sort of mechanism that is meant to move this slab that might have jammed due to years and years of age.
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
With commands issued, you watch in anticipation as Guppy sets about trying to get a hold of his cape once more. Using his ability to Bounce with an impressive speed, it isn't long before the Magikarp catches up to the Devious Pokémon still wielding the piece of fabric in one claw. As Guppy gets close and attempts to launch himself up to Tackle his foe, the Morgrem is quick to flip out of the way of the attack and with his free hand unleash a powerful Shadow Claw upon Guppy. During the fracas, Bonnie's Zigzagoon darts past, once again taking the lead position. Though the Magikarp is injured by the Morgrem's attack and his attempt to knock his opponent off guard failed, he is quick to follow up with the next phase of his assault, unleashing another powerful torrent in the form of Hydro Pump directly at the imp. Though it doesn't quite send it into the bleachers, the Devious Pokémon takes a decent hit from the attack and is completely washed off its feet once again, pushed out of its lane and onto the grass verge at the side of the track. In the space between Guppy's lane and the Morgrem, your Superhero cape lies discarded and damp.

Further down the tracks, Solosis and Scolipede's face off ends up being a quick one as the Cell Pokémon uses its signature Confuse Ray to throw the giant centipede off guard and take off once again, quickly catching up to and overtaking Guppy and the Morgrem as they glare at each other. Nearer to the beginning, the Ampharos and Dodrio have both taken a lot of damage from the other. Sensing its need for flight over fight, the Dodrio decides to use its lightning fast Agility to careen off down the tracks away from the Ampharos. As you watch, the supersonic bird covers metres with every second, quickly catching up to the Scolipede in front of it with ease. Having eyed the Dodrio locked in such serious combat with the Ampharos mere moments before, the Megapede Pokémon unleashes a Cross Poison attack directly at the approaching avian with its gnarled horns. This catches it completely off guard and, having already been severely weakened by his previous sparring, the Dodrio collapses in a heap of verdant feathers.

As things stand right now, Bonnie's Zigzagoon has managed to take the lead with no distractions or diversions but appears to be slowing somewhat from all the effort exerted. Behind the Tiny Racoon is Solosis, bobbing eagerly along his lane in an attempt to catch up to the leading racer. Guppy and the Morgrem are next up, currently facing off after the Magikarp's powerful retaliation. Buoyed by its recent knockout, the Scolipede has set off down its lane once again but it is unclear if he is heading for the Cell Pokémon or the goal. Since the Dodrio's knockout, Ampharos has been focusing on making progress in the race but it still the last Pokémon out of those still left standing.

Before you bring your attention back to Guppy and the situation at hand, you notice the Dodrio being led away from where it fell on the racetrack by the organiser who had been observing from the stands previously. Curiously, the man doesn't lead the limping bird back over to his trainer but instead towards the stairs leading to the glass-walled lobby where the two soon disappear from view. This doesn't appear to be the regular racing protocol, though, as the Dodrio's trainer is quick to pull away from conversing with Bonnie to follow, a concerned look forming on his face.

What will you do next?
__
___
_______
____
]
Battling against fatigue (and one another) the racers ploughed on through the next leg. The foul play was starting to rub off on Emp, willing to fight tooth and nail to show their worth and clinch the crown. With a powerful ram the ‘Karp out of water readied to take back what was rightfully his – only for the Morgrem to cartwheel out of the way, raking him with a shadowy claw on its way out. The heated exchange gave the Zigzagoon a window to dart on back to first, the gasping Gupp only able to watch on as the two racers left him in their dust. Until... With an inhalation, he let loose a high-pressure hosing against the imp, not sending it airborne but washing it clean off the track and separating it from the stolen shawl. Coach and Pokemon eyed the soaked cape intently; struggling to hold position, it could either be their ticket to the finish line or the distraction that sets them back to last place. Solosis had already overtaken them in their deliberation and was gaining traction on the other racers – while the cerebral cell had been successful in befuddling the Scolipede, it wouldn’t be long until the aggressive arthropod was on their tailfin too.

Emp racked his brain for a moment, only to have his attention to be stolen by a peculiar scene in the wings. In a ruffled ball of plumage, the broken and beat Dodrio was being carted off not to its trainer but a staircase leading back to the lobby, where it vanished from the trainer’s line of sight. This drew noticeable concern from the bird’s keeper, who broke from his conversation with Bonnie to give chase. Emp had heard whispers of injured race Pokemon being put down rather than rehabilitated before, but surely that wouldn’t be the case with a concerned trainer in the picture. He was tempted to investigate himself, but Guppy was in desperate need of encouragement and he could hardly leave him hanging. While the distraction had eaten away into precious thinking time, their next move seemed to come instinctively.

“You don’t need a superhero cape, you’re already my superhero!” Emp felt tears of pride trickle down his cheeks as he prepared their bid for the title, “Bounce down the track, Bounce through the sky, Bounce against the other Pokemon if you have to! The other racers are starting to tucker out, it’s time to show them the grit and determination your breed are famous for!”
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Emp
Before you have chance to shout your next round of orders to Guppy, a deafening shot rings through the air. As it does so, Bonnie falls to the ground near your feet in one sudden movement. Though your worst fears quickly swoop in, it’s clear she is fine and found herself being pushed over instead. The race organiser who remains on the verge is now grappling with the Ampharos’ trainer and the two scuffling had caused the shove and a broken stiletto for Bonnie. After shoving the man, the race organiser took off in the direction of his Scolipede.

Dipping low to meet the height of your toppled friend, the two of you glance around the stadium eagle-eyed for the source of the gunshot. It is then that you spot the other race organiser had appeared at the bottom of the bleachers near to the race’s start point once more with the starting pistol aloft and a grin spread across his face. At the top of the stairs, the mystery figure stands once again, this time they are surveying the scene with a Pokémon at their side and you can make out the canine form of a Houndour with a blue coat.

In your distraction, you both miss the bulk of the chaos unfolding on the racetrack. It is quite clear that the Morgrem and Scolipede were expecting the sudden shot and they dash at their fellow racers completely undeterred. Before Guppy can react with anything but surprise, he is scooped up under the opposing imp's arm and the Devious Pokémon careens off towards the staircase you had all descended to the tracks, grabbing the cape once more as it does so. Seeing this, the Galarian Zigzagoon panics and starts to zig zag around the lanes and lose its focus before making a beeline straight for its trainer on the green. Further along the course, the Scolipede uses its window to grapple with and disarm the already weakened Ampharos, tossing it onto its back with the help of its trainer before following their Morgrem accomplice. The Cell Pokémon was nowhere to be seen.

"Sweetie, return - it's time to show them who they're really messing with." Bonnie calls out to her return her Pokémon to safety, recalling the Zigzagoon as she throws two extra Pokéballs into the air. Before her, two more shiny Pokémon materialise, both similar to her previous choice but different: a Linoone from Hoenn with a gorgeous golden sheen to its fur and an Obstagoon with shimmering red fur and needles like the Zigzagoon. Without needing commands from their trainer, the two leap into their respective battle stances, spotting the thieves as they fast approach.

With no other option, the organiser's Pokémon dash directly past you with their fellow racers in their clutches and the Morgrem tosses the cape in your faces by way of distraction. As you and Bonnie fumble and struggle to remove this, a howl rings out across the stadium: the shiny Houndour you had spotted before. Assisting your friend back onto their feet, the two of you begin to head in the same direction as the Morgrem and Scolipede alongside the disheveled Ampharos' trainer who had set off already. The Dark-type dog bares its teeth atop the stairs as the Ampharos trainer approaches before disappearing from view and being replaced by a number of silhouetted figures from the lounge behind it. A pair of Houndoom materialise as if from nowhere, howling in unison and clearing the staircase in a single leap, landing between you and the escaping thieves and allowing them to return up to the lounge with yours and your fellow racer's Pokémon in their clutches.

"Leave these sons of bitches to me, they won't be any match for Obstagoon."

No sooner does Bonnie say this does the exotic-looking Blocking Pokémon leap forwards and slam into the Houndoom pair with a Close Combat attack, quickly followed by the Linoone dashing to catch up and encircle their foes with its Extreme Speed. It seems as if Bonnie and her Pokémon have the Houndoom on the racetracks under control for now and as you turn to join your fellow racer in following the thieves up the staircase, you feel a nudge at your elbow - it’s the wild Solosis who vanished in the ruckus. Before you can react, an infantile voice chimes in your very mind:

Dear Bonnie thought our peers did plot
Now it’s clear the case is not

Allow me please to save your fish
To show my worth, my only wish

What will you do?


(Note: If you decide to ‘buddy up’ with the Solosis, it will be Lv20 with the ability Magic Guard and know EM Confuse Ray and MT Shock Wave
)
 
Overstressed Gay
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Emi-

You make your way towards the hotel lobby. The building, while decrepit at this point, still looked like it had regular use. People curious about what the hotel was like, the supposed haunted rooms, and the special casino all came here. The lobby itself seemed to be filled with a few trainers today, all looking to go into different directions. But, they all seemed so boring. Run of the mill riff-raff that was here to explore than to seek the excitement you craved.

Scanning the room, you do notice something interesting. A surprisingly fresh-looking notice board had a pure white paper posted onto it. Walking up and reading it, it stated that there was a special event in the casino today. A gambling tournament for VIP members, with the winner being offered a hefty sum of Pokedollars and a promise of a secret grand prize. Oh yes, that certainly piped your interest.

Of course, the question then came of trying to lock down a member's card. There were a few options you could take here. You could explore the hotel, or see if any of these chums might have a card. Though, judging by what you could see, there was no one here that would have something as lucrative as that. Thus, you had three options. You could go rummage through the hotel rooms upstairs, see if there was something left behind. There was also the kitchen and dining room you could try. Lastly was the old storeroom. All three seemed like potential options for you to choose from. That choice was yours.

What do you do?
As the woman entered the lobby, she was initially a little disappointed at what she saw. The building was certainly falling into disrepair, there were no handymen going around to fix broken boards or leaks, or to even do cosmetic repairs on the damages. But the hotel lobby looked surprisingly normal despite that. It certainly wasn't reeking of unnatural spiritual energy. It was no Banballow Hotel. But maybe because it was trafficked by trainers that this was the case. She saw a few in the lobby already, but none of them seemed remotely interesting. They certainly were here for their own mundane reasons. Nothing as exciting as the type of danger she craved for.

It was then that she noticed something interesting. A surprisingly new looking notice board had been put up. At the very least, it wasn't as old and worn down looking as the rest of the hotel. She walked up to it, looking to see what was being talked about in a place like this. She didn't know any spirits which were fond of communicating by sticky notes, but there might be warnings from other trainers about where not to go. The only thing on it, however, was a white piece of paper. It was an advertisement for a gambling tournament, with big prizes involved. She had remembered there was an underground casino here, but it was members-only.

'That shouldn't be a real problem. For someone like me, I'm sure such a card is bound to turn up.' Gambling was a thrill she was familiar with. Thousands of Pokedollars had gone onto roulette wheels, blackjack tables, and maybe the corset of the occasional bunnygirl in her lifetime. After a while though, gambling had lost its charm for her. It doesn't take a mathematician to see how the odds end up settling out over the long run. Sure there were games like blackjack which were more skill based, but in general you lost more than you ever gained. But in a place like this...there could be much more on offer than mere money. The odds might not be in her favor, but having new risks excited her.

The problem that remained is actually getting into the casino. She had heard there were member cards that one could use to get in, but she didn't know exactly where to find one. They weren't handing them out at the door at least. She looked at the trainers who were around to see if Scylla could snatch one off of them, but they didn't look like the type to have the money to be serious gamblers. This left a number of other options in her mind...but in the end, she decided to head upstairs and explore the hotel rooms. The other options weren't likely to have any member cards, since they are likely in short supply and held directly on someone's personage. So there's a possibility one was left behind, either by accident or because of...unfortunate accidents. Scylla would also have a good time looking for them as well, and possibly anything else she'd fine. She walked up to the elevator and pressed the call button, Scylla floating behind her.

"I'm sure we'll find one of those member cards Scylla, especially with you searching. We're going to do just a little bit of...scavenging." Scylla cooed in excitement, finally having her trainers blessing to steal shit.
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
Before you have chance to shout your next round of orders to Guppy, a deafening shot rings through the air. As it does so, Bonnie falls to the ground near your feet in one sudden movement. Though your worst fears quickly swoop in, it’s clear she is fine and found herself being pushed over instead. The race organiser who remains on the verge is now grappling with the Ampharos’ trainer and the two scuffling had caused the shove and a broken stiletto for Bonnie. After shoving the man, the race organiser took off in the direction of his Scolipede.

Dipping low to meet the height of your toppled friend, the two of you glance around the stadium eagle-eyed for the source of the gunshot. It is then that you spot the other race organiser had appeared at the bottom of the bleachers near to the race’s start point once more with the starting pistol aloft and a grin spread across his face. At the top of the stairs, the mystery figure stands once again, this time they are surveying the scene with a Pokémon at their side and you can make out the canine form of a Houndour with a blue coat.

In your distraction, you both miss the bulk of the chaos unfolding on the racetrack. It is quite clear that the Morgrem and Scolipede were expecting the sudden shot and they dash at their fellow racers completely undeterred. Before Guppy can react with anything but surprise, he is scooped up under the opposing imp's arm and the Devious Pokémon careens off towards the staircase you had all descended to the tracks, grabbing the cape once more as it does so. Seeing this, the Galarian Zigzagoon panics and starts to zig zag around the lanes and lose its focus before making a beeline straight for its trainer on the green. Further along the course, the Scolipede uses its window to grapple with and disarm the already weakened Ampharos, tossing it onto its back with the help of its trainer before following their Morgrem accomplice. The Cell Pokémon was nowhere to be seen.

"Sweetie, return - it's time to show them who they're really messing with." Bonnie calls out to her return her Pokémon to safety, recalling the Zigzagoon as she throws two extra Pokéballs into the air. Before her, two more shiny Pokémon materialise, both similar to her previous choice but different: a Linoone from Hoenn with a gorgeous golden sheen to its fur and an Obstagoon with shimmering red fur and needles like the Zigzagoon. Without needing commands from their trainer, the two leap into their respective battle stances, spotting the thieves as they fast approach.

With no other option, the organiser's Pokémon dash directly past you with their fellow racers in their clutches and the Morgrem tosses the cape in your faces by way of distraction. As you and Bonnie fumble and struggle to remove this, a howl rings out across the stadium: the shiny Houndour you had spotted before. Assisting your friend back onto their feet, the two of you begin to head in the same direction as the Morgrem and Scolipede alongside the disheveled Ampharos' trainer who had set off already. The Dark-type dog bares its teeth atop the stairs as the Ampharos trainer approaches before disappearing from view and being replaced by a number of silhouetted figures from the lounge behind it. A pair of Houndoom materialise as if from nowhere, howling in unison and clearing the staircase in a single leap, landing between you and the escaping thieves and allowing them to return up to the lounge with yours and your fellow racer's Pokémon in their clutches.

"Leave these sons of bitches to me, they won't be any match for Obstagoon."

No sooner does Bonnie say this does the exotic-looking Blocking Pokémon leap forwards and slam into the Houndoom pair with a Close Combat attack, quickly followed by the Linoone dashing to catch up and encircle their foes with its Extreme Speed. It seems as if Bonnie and her Pokémon have the Houndoom on the racetracks under control for now and as you turn to join your fellow racer in following the thieves up the staircase, you feel a nudge at your elbow - it’s the wild Solosis who vanished in the ruckus. Before you can react, an infantile voice chimes in your very mind:


Dear Bonnie thought our peers did plot

Now it’s clear the case is not

Allow me please to save your fish

To show my worth, my only wish

What will you do?

(Note: If you decide to ‘buddy up’ with the Solosis, it will be Lv20 with the ability Magic Guard and know EM Confuse Ray and MT Shock Wave
)
Emp ducked for cover as the sound of gunfire pierced through the air, sending the contest into disarray and Morgrem and Scolipede into sprint – not for the finish line, but their oblibious competition. The scuffling spectators were enough to draw his attention, Bonnie’s infallible poise dashed as she buckled under a broken heel. On high alert, the trainer pored over the perimeter for a sniper, one of the race’s organisers propped below the bleachers fitting the bill, pistol still smoking. To some relief the shot wasn’t for Bonnie, it was a signal for the chaos that ensued.

With Emp’s eyes off the tracks, the pair of sleeper agents were given a free pass to snatch up Guppy, meanwhile Bonnie’s partner just managed to zigzag from their clutches. The Ampharos wasn’t so lucky, its limp body hoisted against the Scolipede’s rear stingers as it skittered off of the track. With a ‘Karp kidnapped, the trainer felt panic take hold like a cluster of spark plugs in his abdomen. While Solosis’ whereabouts were unknown his other ally was quick to spring into action, recalling the tuckered out Zigzagoon in favour of more powerful stock. Their intimidating guard was no match for the burglars who quickly veered into retreat, leaving the superhero cape behind as a mean parting gift. Emp gagged against the material as he attempted to peel it away, a good distance set between them by the time he managed to wrestle free.

The pair fell into hot pursuit, approaching the staircase which was barred by a gnarly set of Houndoom. They would need to punch their way through, the trainer wrestling with the idea of adding more Pokemon to the scene while others were going missing left, right and centre. Bonnie was on the case fortunately, her Linoone and Obstagoon locking the canines in fierce combat – punches and bites flying every which way. With the Houndoom subdued the trainer was free to tail the kidnappers and with a telepathic tug against his elbow, he wouldn’t be alone in this effort. The Solosis pledged its allegiance in its own poetic way, the trainer overcome with gratitude and fresh resolve. With a wry smile he nodded at the gelatinous glob, ushering it into a follow.

“See if you can prop up a Reflect to block any further escape!” he huffed as they ascended back toward the lobby, “Once they’re in view, hit Scolipede with a Confuse Ray.” When Guppy was in sight he would command him to Flail out of Moregrem’s clutches too. Their enemies might have one up on them, but they would learn soon enough they had picked the wrong punters to mess with!
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9
Chris.

CLING.

Fearing that whatever what was the origin of the noise was hostile, you prepare your team to attack. Better to blow something up if it looked even remotely hostile instead of risk your luck. Besides, it was better to sip regret than swallow death. Of course, this did actually require you to move forwards, so you did. Inching ever so closer to the light, the one you saw briefly before entering the cave.

CLING.

The noise was certainly increasing in volume at your approach. Though, it seemed oddly stationary. If a creature was creating that noise, and with the light, wouldn't it make more sense for it to start moving? Your entire team was on edge over this ordeal at this point. This was slowing picking away at your minds, each reverberating cling piercing through. A primal fear was rising deep within your souls. All by a simple noise.

CLING.

At this point, your anticipation was consuming you. The various anxieties that were wreaking havoc on your fragile psyche. No amount of playfulness could really detract from this. Nothing could really break through this. It echoed, and echoed, and echoed. It was starting to get to the point where it was the whole of your being. That awful, wretched, periodic noise.

And then it stopped.

You hear a loud shattering noise echo through the cave. It sounded akin to a gothic glass chandelier dropping from the top floor of a skyscraper to the ground floor. You hear a few yips from your Pokemon at the sudden loudness of the noise, and your adrenaline forces you all full center into the source of the light.

You see a lone figure putting down a pickaxe next to a bag of mining supplies. They then grab a hempen bag from within the bag and begin to put pieces of various sized rocks into it. This was what was causing the noise? But then the light? You noticed a lantern in the middle of the "room". All of this over a miner? They don't really seem to be noticing you though.

What do you do?

Emi

Dissatisfied with the prey here, you make your way towards the upper floors. Going into the elevator, you notice the buttons for all of the floors. Pressing one, you and Scylla wait as you make your ascent. The elevator music sounded like the usual one that you'd find in old-timey hotels, but with a low static that could be heard the entire time. It would, every so often, cut out, a weird reverb could be heard, and then start again at a completely different part of the track. Certainly set such a lovely atmosphere.

You then arrive on your floor. Floor Four. Stepping out of the elevator with your Inkay, you don't really notice anything out of the ordinary. The elevator door closes, and then the door promptly disappears. There we go, that's the sort of thing you'd expect from a haunted hotel. Walking down the hall, the lights went out every time you passed them. Something had its sights set on you. You reach the end of the floor and see total darkness. Though, walking back towards the elevator, the lights started to turn back on. Wasn't a clever ghost now was it?

Besides the lights, you could see various room doors on both sides of the walls. Some were definitely in better shape than the others. In total you passed about fifty room on each side of you. Though, there were a few numbers that popped out to you. 420, 441, 476, 404, and 411. Each of the five rooms seemed to have an aura around them that looked like someone, or thing, of affluence was there.

What do you do?
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
Emp
Pleased with your decision, the Solosis chirps and bobs about happily before beginning to float off towards the bottom of the stairs to begin Guppy's rescue. Catching up with the Cell Pokémon, the two of you are quick to make your way back up the staircase between the bleachers that you had not long descended. Not knowing what to expect, the Solosis sets up a defensive barrier to shield the pair of you as you head upwards towards the unknown.

Reaching the lobby, you are surprised to see how dishevelled the opulent lounge looks since your previous visit a little while ago. In one corner, you notice the shiny Dodrio's trainer sitting in a solitary chair at an overturned table, his head in his hands. Upon seeing you and the Solosis have arrived on the scene, he looks up and points towards a black door to the rear of the room and you notice tears in his eyes. Judging by the man's demeanour, he didn't have much joy rescuing his three-headed avian companion from the collective of thieves.

"Edmund took off through there already, those bastards got his Ampharos too."

Upon realising who he is talking to, the man's face appears to drop further, "They had your Magikarp with 'em too."

Nearby, a low growl reverberates from the shadows and a familiar canine Pokémon appears from a darkened corner of the bar: the shiny Houndour from before. As you and the Solosis begin to approach the door at the rear of the room, the blue-coated dog begins his approach as well, fangs bared and its growl deepening. At the sight of this, Solosis remembers the command you had given previously if the two of you had encountered Scolipede and began to emit a ray of confusing blue light from his eyes in the direction of the approaching dog. Despite this attack meeting its mark, the Houndour continues its approach with a flurry of Embers forming at its maw.

Press on we must on through that door
But first a foe with tooth and claw

We can avoid and chase our foes
Yet that beast may remain close

What will you do?
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Emp
Pleased with your decision, the Solosis chirps and bobs about happily before beginning to float off towards the bottom of the stairs to begin Guppy's rescue. Catching up with the Cell Pokémon, the two of you are quick to make your way back up the staircase between the bleachers that you had not long descended. Not knowing what to expect, the Solosis sets up a defensive barrier to shield the pair of you as you head upwards towards the unknown.

Reaching the lobby, you are surprised to see how dishevelled the opulent lounge looks since your previous visit a little while ago. In one corner, you notice the shiny Dodrio's trainer sitting in a solitary chair at an overturned table, his head in his hands. Upon seeing you and the Solosis have arrived on the scene, he looks up and points towards a black door to the rear of the room and you notice tears in his eyes. Judging by the man's demeanour, he didn't have much joy rescuing his three-headed avian companion from the collective of thieves.

"Edmund took off through there already, those bastards got his Ampharos too."

Upon realising who he is talking to, the man's face appears to drop further, "They had your Magikarp with 'em too."

Nearby, a low growl reverberates from the shadows and a familiar canine Pokémon appears from a darkened corner of the bar: the shiny Houndour from before. As you and the Solosis begin to approach the door at the rear of the room, the blue-coated dog begins his approach as well, fangs bared and its growl deepening. At the sight of this, Solosis remembers the command you had given previously if the two of you had encountered Scolipede and began to emit a ray of confusing blue light from his eyes in the direction of the approaching dog. Despite this attack meeting its mark, the Houndour continues its approach with a flurry of Embers forming at its maw.
Press on we must on through that door
But first a foe with tooth and claw
We can avoid and chase our foes

Yet that beast may remain close

What will you do?
The race for the finish had become a race for the racers. Emp had to clench his abdomen the faster they climbed; there was a stabbing pain below his ribcage as a stitch began to take hold, each breath growing harder to draw. He could only think of exhausted Gupp’ must have felt flailing down the dirt track, all for nothing. The perpetrators would have hell to pay, if his sore legs would carry him so far.

The viewing box they returned to was almost unrecognisable, a sorry state compared to moments before. Sitting ahead of an overturned table was Dodrio’s owner, eyes puffed as he wiped away the tears; while the bird of prey had terrorised them on the tracks, it pained Emp to see its trainer beaten and emptyhanded. He gestured to a door at the back of the room, the kidnappers and kidnapped on the other side. There was just one thing standing in their way, four-legged, growling and tooth-bared. Emp eyed up his de-facto Pokemon with waning confidence. With the Houndour sporting an immunity to the bulk of Solosis’ attacks, the cards were stacked against them. Still, the canine breed wasn’t exactly known for their wits – while green glob had an innate intelligence about it.

“You're right, even if we manage to slip away it'll be on our tail." Emp clenched his fists in resolve, exchanging a look with his partner as he reeled off a battle plan, "Prop up a Light Screen, then fire off a Shockwave as a warning shot,” who was he kidding, the Hound’ wasn’t backing down that easily, “Then see if you can wrack up some hits with your Rollout.”
 
Top