• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Unreal Archipelago: Zone of Mysteries

Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Chris-
Running through the tunnel, you and your team could feel a deeply rooted fear welling from deep within your soul. A primal terror that could be cumulated into a single phrase: prey. Even if the Garchomp couldn't get to you, there was that creeping feeling that you'd be consumed. Torn apart and ripped to shreds. That alone was your motivation to escape.

Soon you reached the entrance of the cave, seeing Paul there panting. The miner jumped a little as he heard your footsteps, but sighed with relief as he saw you and your team making it out. He immediately grabs a Pokeball from his belt and throws it up. From a pulsating light, you see a Solrock appear.

"Okay my man, use Rock Slide to block the entrance!" he yells, and the sun rock complies. You can see the Pokemon's eyes glow an ethereal blue before chunks of rocks start to fall over the mine's entrance. You hear a loud thud as something from the other side hits it. It then lets out a booming, draconic roar before you hear a scraping noise.

"That won't hold it, but we'll be able to get away from it by the time it burst out," he states, trying to reassure you of the situation.

He motions for you to follow him, and you comply. After that situation, your entire time was too shocked to really get up to their usual mischief. Scaling the cliffside, you could feel the sun's warmth beating down. Time had certainly passed, and the sun felt even hotter than normal. Like it was born into your flesh and baking it. You were going to be roasted at this rate.

You then feel an earthquake and huddle down towards the ground. You could smell fire, and see a lava plume within the distance. The Thermal Cliffs were a hotbed of volcanic activity after all. You could see a Fletchinder and Talonflames fly towards it, and ride the thermals up into the sky. It was a magnificent sight compared to the dank cave you were just in. It was refreshing in a way.

At this rate, Paul was a ways ahead. He seemed unfazed by the lava plume erupting. You figured that for somebody that frequented the area. You run to catch up to him, feeling he was the only safety net in this red hellscape. You do notice that the trainers you saw earlier were now battling. While it was interesting, Annahime tugged on your shoulder to keep going. She wanted no part of this.

After a while, you notice what seemed like a few stalls. Was this the main hub of the gem trade here? You notice a younger woman standing towards the entrance, glaring in your direction. She had chestnut brown hair neatly tied into two buns. Her eyes shined a vibrant azure, and she was wearing a royal blue qipao.

"Paul, you're late!" she yelled, obviously tired of waiting.

"Sorry my lady, there was a slight change of plans," he laughed before motioning at you/

"I could tell," stated before walking up to you. She had a feisty look in her eyes.

"Now tell me, who are you?"

How do you respond?
Curtis follows after the miner who's clearly more experience in dealing with this kind of situation. Curtis almost feels like smacking himself on the head for not bringing a better team composition to this. All it took was one powerful Dragon-type to show up for him to suddenly fold because he realized he didn't bring any super-effective moves! One moment of panic from him and the rest of his team falls to pieces! He was so focused on dealing with fucking ghost bullshit because 'oooh spooky islands! so spooky!' that he didn't prepare at all for what usually lives in caves like that!

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! He could've at least tried to take on that Garchomp! He could've at least made an attempt! He feels like lashing out at something but can't because of Annahime's clinging to his shoulder!

As he walks, he's not sure what's hotter- the weather beating down on his costume or how angry he is at himself. He doesn't even really pay heed to his Skitty and Thievul as they seemingly take turns trying to jump up on him and stop him, he just angrily pushes them along without thinking about it.

After a while, Curtis's Pokemon give up on getting his attention and just follow after as they pant heavily.

The ground shakes and Curtis balls his fists as he looks around. "What is it now, com'on..." he growls to himself as he looks around. An earthquake, that's a Ground type thing right? But the air smells like burning so maybe it's a Fire type instead?? He stops and keeps an eye on the surroundings, he spots a couple of bird Pokemon flying in the air but... away from him?

Instead they are soaring towards a lava plume in the distance. They approach it and simply soar around it as they fly up into the sky. The aerial dance they do as they ride the thermals into the sky was not at all what he was expecting to happen. But... what- what had he been expecting to happen anyway? Well, a wild Pokemon to show so that he could... he could fight it? He looks back at Toby and Finnegan and he can clearly see that they're in no position to fight right now.

He looks ahead and sees that the miner didn't stop at all. Oh, right- he is on a volcanic island and all that. Must be common here. Annahime's even tugging at his shoulder with her mouth, wondering why he's stopped.

Curtis realized that he had been getting all worked up for nothing again. Just like in the caves it was his own damn fears playing himself again. He sighs and looks back again at the cat and fox trailing behind him- his cat and fox who look like they're having an incredibly hard time with the heat. He sighs and motions them over, "Sorry guys, you want back in your 'balls right?" They perk up at that. Curtis nods and grabs the duos balls, one in each hand, and recalls them back to safety.

That done, Curtis hurries up to follow after the miner. "Annahime, what about you- wanna go in your ball?" Almost instantly, his Vulpix shakes her head- signaling a clear 'no'. Curtis nods, but he does take her off his shoulder and holds her tight in his arms- feeling comforted by the feeling of her fluff against his chest, "Com'on then let's go." Annahime squirms somewhat, but she soon settles in- not minding the extra attention.

Sometime later, he finally comes upon what looks like some sign of civilization. Huh, maybe Curtis should've seen if there were guys like this from the start instead of going it on his own?

There's also a lady dressed up in some sort of fancy eastern dress. Though while the name of the kind of dress evaded Curtis's mind, he certainly did not similarly evade the notice of the person wearing it.

It takes a moment for Curtis to respond but he doesn't think it would be a good idea to try and talk himself up at this moment, not does he even feel like he has the energy for it right now after the emotionally rollercoaster he's put himself... and his team... oh gods, what a fool he's been.

"I'm just some idiot trainer who'd like to go home now," he states defeatedly.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9
ChrisClark13-

"You want to go home?" she questions, giving you a soft smile before letting out a chuckle.

"Well, I do hate to break it to you, but the boat schedule has currently been stopped due to reports of strange activity lately. Most trainers don't tend to come to the Unreal Archipelago without at least some way to transport themselves off, besides the public methods," she states. Paul just gives you a disapproving look as he unloads the gems that he had unearthed.

"Well still, you know how the old saying goes right?" she playfully questions as she stared directly into your eyes. Her pupils were a vibrant azure, and they seemed to dance as if they were flames.

"When two trainer's eyes meet, they must battle! Oh, how rude of me, I did forget to introduce myself. My name is Yang, a trainer from a region off the western coast of Hoenn. My family are a high-ranked merchant family, and one of the few with permission to leave the country in the interest in trade," she states, tossing a Pokeball up and down in her hand. You could recognize it instantly as a Luxury Ball, from the ebony plating and gold-leaf trim.

"Now then, if I win this battle, you'll tell me your name. If I lose, well, then I'll give you a little reward. I declare this battle as a singles battle, with each side permitted to use two Pokemon. Since I am feeling generous today, I'll let you go first," she states, before sending out her Pokemon. A Minior popped towards her side, but you couldn't tell its core color based on its current shield.

You could tell there was no way out of this now, as Paul gave you a look that indicated denying her challenge would lead to a fate worse than the Garchomp. And really, being if something was worse than being devoured and torn the shreds, it was something to be avoided at all costs.

What do you do?
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
@empoleon dynamite
Agreeing to rescue the ailing Ampharos and her trainer brings a glimmer of hope to the man's bruised face and he offers a hand for you to shake before quickly recoiling as if in pain at the mere mention of Guppy. It only takes a moment for the gent to realise his reaction and he attempts to right his wrong and respond to your question about the stolen koi.

"Those goons had that Magikarp of yours alright but I'm afraid he's not here. I'm sure he's got to be in one of the other vans, though..." The man offered a wan smile before turning his attentions to the imprisoned Electric type once again, "I'm sorry, they roughed me up pretty bad but I'll help you the very best I can, once I'm reunited with Amanda..."

With confirmation that your finned friend is not sharing the same prison as the Light Pokémon, you quickly formulate a plan of action for locating him. First, you decide you'll spring the Ampharos from the cage she now found herself trapped within before teleporting out of there with your newly captured Solosis once again. Lacking any conventional way into the cage, you settle on a more creative course, unclipping a Red Cyberball and summoning your Salandit, Detox, to your side. The salamander's flames burned bright, illuminating the stark interior of the van instantly as she darted hither and thither. The plan was a simple one but potentially dangerous: make use of Detox's deadly gases to break through the bars of the cage.

"Stand back, Amanda dearest..."

Given her expertise with the chemicals she produced, Detox deftly managed to avoid any of the toxins reaching the Ampharos and carefully focused the gases onto the wrought iron bars of the cage instead. At first, nothing seemed to be happening as she tilted her head from side to side, spreading the noxious gas across each bar one by one before returning to repeat the process. Once she was done, the Salandit turned to nod towards you. Stepping forward to inspect, the bars had indeed started to depreciate as expected. With a little force, they would surely bend out of shape but the bars were now hazardous to the touch for the captive Amanda.

What will you do?
 
Last edited:
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13-

"You want to go home?" she questions, giving you a soft smile before letting out a chuckle.

"Well, I do hate to break it to you, but the boat schedule has currently been stopped due to reports of strange activity lately. Most trainers don't tend to come to the Unreal Archipelago without at least some way to transport themselves off, besides the public methods," she states. Paul just gives you a disapproving look as he unloads the gems that he had unearthed.

"Well still, you know how the old saying goes right?" she playfully questions as she stared directly into your eyes. Her pupils were a vibrant azure, and they seemed to dance as if they were flames.

"When two trainer's eyes meet, they must battle! Oh, how rude of me, I did forget to introduce myself. My name is Yang, a trainer from a region off the western coast of Hoenn. My family are a high-ranked merchant family, and one of the few with permission to leave the country in the interest in trade," she states, tossing a Pokeball up and down in her hand. You could recognize it instantly as a Luxury Ball, from the ebony plating and gold-leaf trim.

"Now then, if I win this battle, you'll tell me your name. If I lose, well, then I'll give you a little reward. I declare this battle as a singles battle, with each side permitted to use two Pokemon. Since I am feeling generous today, I'll let you go first," she states, before sending out her Pokemon. A Minior popped towards her side, but you couldn't tell its core color based on its current shield.

You could tell there was no way out of this now, as Paul gave you a look that indicated denying her challenge would lead to a fate worse than the Garchomp. And really, being if something was worse than being devoured and torn the shreds, it was something to be avoided at all costs.

What do you do?
Curtis's jaw dropped when he heard that the boat schedule had been stopped. He had only been here a few hours- most of it underground- but still- how could that have happened so suddenly?! Then why did go through the effort of dropping him off then? He was supposed to be getting picked in a few days or so. At least that had been what he had been told when asked about a round trip...

When the lady started staring into his eyes his spirits fell a bit more. Though he just kept his mouth shut and stared right back, even though the last thing he wanted was a battle right now! He's just a kid in a costume! Aren't people supposed to want to help instead of making things worse?

Curtis stammered, trying to get a response out- maybe something along the lines of how he didn't care to fight right now... but then Annahime started squirming and trying to get out of his arms as soon as she saw the other Trainer's Pokemon! "Woah calm down! That's clearly a rock type- you'll just get wrecked! Annahime! Stop!" He hoisted the feisty fox onto his shoulder with one hand as he went through his pockets with the other- reaching for Annahime's Pokeball.

But then, he looked around and saw Paul's face... then back to Yang's face... he didn't think he was going to get out of this one- so might well put in a good effort at least?

He changed his mind and reached for Finnegan's Pokeball. Annahime would just get trashed and Toby wasn't much of a better pick... that only left one option.

"Go! Finnegan!" he shouted out as he threw the Pokeball- bringing the Theivul back out onto the field. Much to that fox's relief, they were now in an area that wasn't trying to boil them him alive. Curtis took a deep breath before throwing forward his free arm and shouting out orders- now acting more like a proper trainer is expected to in a fight instead of moping around like he was just moments ago.

"Let's start this out strong! Hone Claws, Thief, Assurance- go show that rock what you're made of!"
 
Last edited:
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
@empoleon dynamite
Agreeing to rescue the ailing Ampharos and her trainer brings a glimmer of hope to the man's bruised face and he offers a hand for you to shake before quickly recoiling as if in pain at the mere mention of Guppy. It only takes a moment for the gent to realise his reaction and he attempts to right his wrong and respond to your question about the stolen koi.

"Those goons had that Magikarp of yours alright but I'm afraid he's not here. I'm sure he's got to be in one of the other vans, though..." The man offered a wan smile before turning his attentions to the imprisoned Electric type once again, "I'm sorry, they roughed me up pretty bad but I'll help you the very best I can, once I'm reunited with Amanda..."

With confirmation that your finned friend is not sharing the same prison as the Light Pokémon, you quickly formulate a plan of action for locating him. First, you decide you'll spring the Ampharos from the cage she now found herself trapped within before teleporting out of there with your newly captured Solosis once again. Lacking any conventional way into the cage, you settle on a more creative course, unclipping a Red Cyberball and summoning your Salandit, Detox, to your side. The salamander's flames burned bright, illuminating the stark interior of the van instantly as she darted hither and thither. The plan was a simple one but potentially dangerous: make use of Detox's deadly gases to break through the bars of the cage.

"Stand back, Amanda dearest..."

Given her expertise with the chemicals she produced, Detox deftly managed to avoid any of the toxins reaching the Ampharos and carefully focused the gases onto the wrought iron bars of the cage instead. At first, nothing seemed to be happening as she tilted her head from side to side, spreading the noxious gas across each bar one by one before returning to repeat the process. Once she was done, the Salandit turned to nod towards you. Stepping forward to inspect, the bars had indeed started to depreciate as expected. With a little force, they would surely bend out of shape but the bars were now hazardous to the touch for the captive Amanda.

What will you do?
Hope seemed to ebb by the second as the captors revealed all they could about Guppy’s whereabouts, which wasn't a whole lot. While willing to join his cause there were more missing bodies to consider, the complexity of their escape growing to insurmountable highs. The trainer drew a deep breath as though it would help slow his ever-speeding carousel of worries. Emp’s spiralling anxiety had fortunately not rubbed off on his reptilian recruit, the escape artist fixed against the roof of the cage with her fiery markings pulsating overtime. Beneath her scaly hide, a chemical reaction was underway.

With a drawn out exhalation purple fog slowly seeped from the Salandit’s maw, licking the wrought iron bars which released a hiss in response. Emp had to cover his face as the acrid smell of Corrosive gases invaded his nasal cavities, despite the intense precision of Detox’s application. Seconds ticked by and it seemed the steel might withstand the noxious chemicals, until signs of decay quickly became clear. The bars were melted close to breaking point – though being drenched in acid posed its own problem, punching free would be easier said than done. Emp wracked his head for another moment before signalling both his teammates, he wouldn’t leave any margin for error in the final step of their plan:

“Detox, use your Iron Tail to hack away at the weakened metal – don’t let Amanda or her trainer get caught in the crossfire.”

“Goop, give the bars a final tug with your Telikenisis. Then prepare to Teleport us to the next van in the line up, then the next.”
 
Last edited:
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
@empoleon dynamite
Having made a start on compromising the strength of the wrought iron bars of Amanda’s cage with her specially brewed gases, Detox the Salandit nods to you confidently as she prepares for the second phase of the plan. Like with the use of her Corrosive Gas, the slender salamander is careful not to harm the pink Ampharos as she readies herself to destroy the bars between them once and for all. Her sinuous tail aglow with metallic energy, she carefully but deftly manages to smash through the weakened metal with an Iron Tail attack. Given the toxicity of her emissions, the once-fortified metal breaks away from the cage easily and a large hole is quickly formed; big enough for Amanda to exit without so much as needing to bend her long neck.

With Detox’s efforts succeeding and your strategy to free the Light Pokémon panning out as planned, the Salandit returns from the side of the ruined cage to stand at your feet, giving the captive space to escape through the newly formed gap and reunite with her shaken trainer. [Detox the Salandit receives a level-up!
]


Reuniting your fellow racer and his Ampharos only offers a fleeting moment of solace with Guppy still nowhere to be seen and your newly captured friend knows this. With a quick nod to you and the reunited two, the Solosis floats into the centre of the now gathered group and readies himself for the task at hand: getting you all to the next van with his teleportation powers. With a moment’s tight concentration, the Cell Pokémon begins to glow once more. Given the size of the party, it appears as if this is taking much more effort than the last and the seconds feel extended as you watch the Solosis readying himself.

Suddenly, the sliding door at the rear of the van begins to quietly open, revealing another person in the gloom of the warehouse. As their face comes into view, you recognise it to be a rather concerned looking Bonnie but before either of you can exchange a word, the world around you and the others vanishes and you hurtle through time and space towards your ordered destination instantaneously.

—-

Though the vehicle you now found yourself in was longer than the last, the set-up was very much the same; a series of large cages lined one side and seemingly empty crates were stacked up at the rear of the otherwise empty carriage.

As you begin your inspection of the space, Detox picks up a discarded chunk of splintered wood she discovers as the pair of you approach the crates. Looking around, the floor is covered with similar shards and you quickly discover the origin of them. In the furthest corner of the lorry, the shadowed form of a Pokémon is stood over a pile of maimed crates and you soon realise that you are looking at your fellow racer’s birdnapped Dodrio.

Hissing viciously with numerous heads at the sight of yours and Detox's approach, the now-free but still apparently rather confused avian appears to be focusing its aggression with the situation on your party. In contrast, one head appears to be completed distracted by the untouched crates with a somewhat furrowed look on its brow, though.

What will you do?
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
@empoleon dynamite
Having made a start on compromising the strength of the wrought iron bars of Amanda’s cage with her specially brewed gases, Detox the Salandit nods to you confidently as she prepares for the second phase of the plan. Like with the use of her Corrosive Gas, the slender salamander is careful not to harm the pink Ampharos as she readies herself to destroy the bars between them once and for all. Her sinuous tail aglow with metallic energy, she carefully but deftly manages to smash through the weakened metal with an Iron Tail attack. Given the toxicity of her emissions, the once-fortified metal breaks away from the cage easily and a large hole is quickly formed; big enough for Amanda to exit without so much as needing to bend her long neck.

With Detox’s efforts succeeding and your strategy to free the Light Pokémon panning out as planned, the Salandit returns from the side of the ruined cage to stand at your feet, giving the captive space to escape through the newly formed gap and reunite with her shaken trainer. [Detox the Salandit receives a level-up!
]


Reuniting your fellow racer and his Ampharos only offers a fleeting moment of solace with Guppy still nowhere to be seen and your newly captured friend knows this. With a quick nod to you and the reunited two, the Solosis floats into the centre of the now gathered group and readies himself for the task at hand: getting you all to the next van with his teleportation powers. With a moment’s tight concentration, the Cell Pokémon begins to glow once more. Given the size of the party, it appears as if this is taking much more effort than the last and the seconds feel extended as you watch the Solosis readying himself.

Suddenly, the sliding door at the rear of the van begins to quietly open, revealing another person in the gloom of the warehouse. As their face comes into view, you recognise it to be a rather concerned looking Bonnie but before either of you can exchange a word, the world around you and the others vanishes and you hurtle through time and space towards your ordered destination instantaneously.

—-

Though the vehicle you now found yourself in was longer than the last, the set-up was very much the same; a series of large cages lined one side and seemingly empty crates were stacked up at the rear of the otherwise empty carriage.

As you begin your inspection of the space, Detox picks up a discarded chunk of splintered wood she discovers as the pair of you approach the crates. Looking around, the floor is covered with similar shards and you quickly discover the origin of them. In the furthest corner of the lorry, the shadowed form of a Pokémon is stood over a pile of maimed crates and you soon realise that you are looking at your fellow racer’s birdnapped Dodrio.

Hissing viciously with numerous heads at the sight of yours and Detox's approach, the now-free but still apparently rather confused avian appears to be focusing its aggression with the situation on your party. In contrast, one head appears to be completed distracted by the untouched crates with a somewhat furrowed look on its brow, though.

What will you do?
With the iron bars sufficiently eroded, the escape artist spared no time closing out their breakout strategy. Her Tail took on a metallic hue as it whipped to and thro, hacking away what remained of the enclosure granting the weary detainees enough wiggle room to break free. Emp felt a pang of relief as the group huddled around Solosis, a look of deep concentration in his beady eyes as his gelatinous mass began to pulsate. Teleporting a party as large as theirs was no easy feat, and it looked like their cover might be blown as the van doors flew open.

The trainer caught a fleeting glimpse before the world fell out from under them: it was Bonnie, no doubt ready to bust them out had they not already finished the job. Before he could call out they were somewhere entirely new, yet its trappings were near identical. While roomier than the last vehicle, another rattled prisoner was doing little to ease the lingering feeling of claustrophobia. Emp reeled as the feathery silhouette hissed at the new arrivals; it had made quick work of its cage and looked ready to tear apart anything and everything to seal its escape. The unnerved Dodrio had been through hell and as far as it was concerned, the fellow racers were still fierce rivals. If they weren’t careful, they could suffer the same fate as the splintered box it had sprung from. Emp’s Pokemon fell into a fierce guard as the three heads snapped aggressively, a close quarter brawl feeling inevitable at this point. Then Emp spotted something ahead of their scrum, a crate entirely untouched. It was just enough to reignite his dwindling hopes. They needed to get in that box and fast, but first they needed to diffuse the heated scene ahead.

“You’re up Goop,” the moniker seemed to have stuck at this point, “Try calming down the Dodrio with your Charm, if that doesn’t work prepare to Protect us from any unwanted aggression.”

“Detox, fill the cabin with a Sweet Scent for good measure. Then give me a hand prying open the crates with your Shadow Claws.”

Emp then addressed the Dodrio directly, hands raised in a bid to assure it they meant no harm, “We’re here to help you, we’re going to get you out of here and back to your trainer– okay?”

Detox levelled from L54 to L55
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9
ChrisClark13-

With your order in place, you notice a spry grin on Yang's face. Looking at her Minior, she gives a quick nod before quickly dissecting your orders.

"Alright, use a Substitute! Then, I want you to use Shell Smash and hit back hard with Acrobatics," she orders.

You watch as your Theivul starts to sharpen his claws, honing them into powerful weapons. Scratching them against the hard earth, you notice them becoming sharper and finer, allowing for precise, deadly attacks. At the same time, the Minior cuts its health and creates a green doll. The doll just stands there, with the Minior now at an undisclosed location.

This doesn't phase your pokemon, who lunges forwards with a sort of dark aura and swipes with his claws. He makes a downward arcing motion, trying to steal the held item of the substitute. Unfortunately for you, the substitute isn't holding any items, so the attack is sort of a moot point. The Minior quickly comes out and smashes its shell. Well, not its hard exterior shell, but a white coating that was in the shape of its shell. You can see its offensive stats massively raise with a red aura, but a blue aura weakening its defenses.

That doesn't last long as the Minior quickly ingests a white herb before retreating behind the substitute. This only irritates your vulpine Pokemon, who uses Assurance on the green doll. Despite its increased power, it doesn't manage to break the substitute. The meteor comes out once again from its hiding place, and process to use acrobatic tricks to deal a massive amount of damage to your Thievul. It then fully tackles your Pokemon to finish the attack, sending the fox flying.

It takes a few seconds, but the Thievul gets up, obviously strained from the massive attack it had just taken. You needed a better strategy than pure offense here since Yang was so easily able to counter you.

What do you do?
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
@empoleon dynamite
Wanting to deal with the startled avian in as calm a manner as possible, you quickly devise a plan with your two team mates to help ease the bird's quite understandable struggles. First up, Goop the Solosis is called to action, quickly darting forward to try and appeal to the Dodrio's better nature with its innocent charms. This appears to work on the distracted head, a look of recognition appearing in that set of eyes. The next head looks calmer than it did but it doesn't seem as sure of your party as its triplet. The third head remains unfazed by the attack, looking ready to lunge forward at the Psychic type at any given moment.

Seeing the Dodrio about to strike the Solosis, Detox begins to emit the sweetest of scents from some unknown gland, catching the attention of the bird just at the right moment. Despite the alluring aroma, the third, angered head still does not appear to recognise any of you and simply seems to switch focus and begin readying itself to attack the salamander instead.

"Doooo!" squawks the bird, the suspicious head attempting to peck at the Salandit with a drilling motion. Despite this, the other two heads manage to keep control of the situation and Detox manages to dart past to reach the piled crates they seemed to be coveting so keenly. Once she gets there, she begins her own assault against the reinforced wood of one of the crates, slashing away with claws of shadow. This sends the Dodrio into a frenzy with the bird darting forwards to flip the salamander away from the crate. It was clear that the bird still didn't know who you were or why the amphibian was trying to break into the box.

With Detox retreating to your side, it's your fellow racer that steps up next. It was clear that at least one of the heads recognised your party but the bird had yet to see its sparring partner with its intent focus on you and your two companion Pokémon.

"Amanda - give the guy a hand as well, that Dodrio knows you better than anybody."

As her trainer spoke, the magenta mammal nodded and positioned herself between the rest of her group and the Flying type. Once she was in place, she turned around and produced her tail, the orb glowing much brighter than it had been during her time in the cage. With all six eyes on the orb, Amanda quickly created a blinding flash of light to stun the bird. With all three heads blinking and losing their focus, the bird struggles on its feet until it regains its eyesight. When it does, it looks as if all three heads recognise their rival stood before them.

With the Ampharos' intervention appearing to work, the triple headed bird eventually stands aside from the crate to reunite with its friend and a dull thudding from within catches your ear. Though the final head still looks a little shifty, the other two heads look much more genial as they watch on. As you observe the situation, you notice the kinder of the two motioning eagerly with its beak towards the box.

What will you do?
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13-

With your order in place, you notice a spry grin on Yang's face. Looking at her Minior, she gives a quick nod before quickly dissecting your orders.

"Alright, use a Substitute! Then, I want you to use Shell Smash and hit back hard with Acrobatics," she orders.

You watch as your Theivul starts to sharpen his claws, honing them into powerful weapons. Scratching them against the hard earth, you notice them becoming sharper and finer, allowing for precise, deadly attacks. At the same time, the Minior cuts its health and creates a green doll. The doll just stands there, with the Minior now at an undisclosed location.

This doesn't phase your pokemon, who lunges forwards with a sort of dark aura and swipes with his claws. He makes a downward arcing motion, trying to steal the held item of the substitute. Unfortunately for you, the substitute isn't holding any items, so the attack is sort of a moot point. The Minior quickly comes out and smashes its shell. Well, not its hard exterior shell, but a white coating that was in the shape of its shell. You can see its offensive stats massively raise with a red aura, but a blue aura weakening its defenses.

That doesn't last long as the Minior quickly ingests a white herb before retreating behind the substitute. This only irritates your vulpine Pokemon, who uses Assurance on the green doll. Despite its increased power, it doesn't manage to break the substitute. The meteor comes out once again from its hiding place, and process to use acrobatic tricks to deal a massive amount of damage to your Thievul. It then fully tackles your Pokemon to finish the attack, sending the fox flying.

It takes a few seconds, but the Thievul gets up, obviously strained from the massive attack it had just taken. You needed a better strategy than pure offense here since Yang was so easily able to counter you.

What do you do?
Curtis's face fell the moment he heard his opponent's orders come out. This was some kind of advanced tactics bullshit, the kind of thing you see in a Pokemon League or, heavens forbid, the Battle Tower! Well- probably! It wasn't the kind of thing you break out on a random kid who's down on their luck! He had a feeling that the Minior was holding an item, but what was that? Some kind of... recovery item? Either the health lost from the sub or the negative effects of the Shell Smash? Why didn't he know what that was? No use worrying about it, he'd have to look it up later.

He starts shaking, his focus going off of keeping himself from shaking and instead going towards trying to come up with the best thing he can do at the moment. Well, first thing's first, he has to take down that Substitute! Maybe there's some move out there that takes care of it instantly, but Finnegan certainly doesn't know any! He doesn't even really have any tricks up his sleeve like Annahime does! He can steal things, but he's just basically pure offense otherwise!

Okay, okay, what's Finnegan's strongest move? Assurance, but also... Lash Out. When conditions for both are met, Lash Out is terrifyingly powerful- but he's not going to get to be able to use it unless he cedes the initiative to his opponent and, bonus, it's not something that a Thievul would usually know.

Then something occurs to him, what if he- Finnegan rather- hit the Minior by accident? A spread move. Well, here's goes nothing!

Curtis stops shaking for a moment as he thrusts out a finger at the substitute, "Alright, give me a Nasty Plot followed by a Snarl!" Two moves this time, he couldn't afford to let his opponent keep playing reactively where he knows that's she's going to be much better at it than he is.

Finnegan shakes himself off and gives his trainer an annoyed huff before following the orders. His claws were already sharpened, why wasn't he getting orders to just go all out? But whatever, seems that the human was trying to switch it up. It'd better pay off!
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
6
Liltwick - Spotting the body of what appears to be a teenager clutching a shining object, you approach only for said object to be promptly whisked away and down a cave on the opposite side of the chasm. What's worse, a brief blackout takes you out of commission for what seems to be but a moment, though with the state of the land around you and the unknown source of the blackout itself, who can really say how long it's been? Deciding that this disconnect was due to the skeleton before you, a quick order to your Litwick is issued to take the head off of the body. A tad macabre, but perhaps necessary, William complies, using Psychic to lift the skull and place it carefully in your palms.

Now there was just the problem of the large leap over the dangerous chasm before you. It seemed a bit far but perhaps not overly so, though the first tactic that comes to mind is more than a bit obvious, something you decide may not be the best course of action to take given the area you find yourself in. As such, it's time for Lucas to re-enter the area. The Raichu quickly complies with your request to create a bridge of sorts, using Stone Edge to create a small series of stones across the chasm so that you can cross. The Raichu looks nothing shy of a bit worried at the idea, but there's not much time to be indecisive on the idea, so like jumping across stones in a small pond, you make leap after leap before landing precariously on one of the stones, causing a slip towards the chasm below.

Luckily for you, William is safely back at the cliff, and worried for your safety, carries you a little extra distance with another Psychic, allowing you to clutch onto the ledge on the other side long enough to pull yourself up. The cavern the creature had escaped down previously now lies before you, with your two Pokemon left over by the remains of the body on the other side. Shadows shift and twist in the passage ahead, as if inviting you inwards, having been waiting for your arrival, yet no light seems to penetrate the hall whatsoever.


Missingno. Master - Watching the Geodude become startled by the sudden shaking, you opt not to follow either of them and instead continue ahead with the help of Hermoine's trustful nose. All the while, you continue taking notes on the encounter and speculating as to why these Geodude may be on the island, as well as whether the presence of any magnetic rocks may have a direct influence on the Onix you have spotted and its ability to navigate the area.

Approaching the Spire ahead, it becomes very much apparent as to the source of the most recent rumble, a large hole just outside of the jungle with a trail of broken ground giving hint to the fact that the Onix has surfaced once more. There doesn't need to be much more in the way of said hints, as the hefty trail leads directly into the side of the spire, now spewing lava from several large holes along its side as the massive rock snake has dug through and back out on its way up the Spire. The holes point directly towards the Caldera a good way up the Spire, where a massive shadow looms down over the area, likely belonging to your quarry.

With your mark spotted once more, the problem now lies with getting to it, the holes left by the Onix letting an amount of lava over the already precarious path up the mountain that both makes the Cliffs unable to be ascended and seems to be causing yet more problems in the way of local fauna, the most immediate source of which being a Gligar and a couple Salandit beginning to squabble over the already quickly depleting territory.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9
Liltwick - Spotting the body of what appears to be a teenager clutching a shining object, you approach only for said object to be promptly whisked away and down a cave on the opposite side of the chasm. What's worse, a brief blackout takes you out of commission for what seems to be but a moment, though with the state of the land around you and the unknown source of the blackout itself, who can really say how long it's been? Deciding that this disconnect was due to the skeleton before you, a quick order to your Litwick is issued to take the head off of the body. A tad macabre, but perhaps necessary, William complies, using Psychic to lift the skull and place it carefully in your palms.

Now there was just the problem of the large leap over the dangerous chasm before you. It seemed a bit far but perhaps not overly so, though the first tactic that comes to mind is more than a bit obvious, something you decide may not be the best course of action to take given the area you find yourself in. As such, it's time for Lucas to re-enter the area. The Raichu quickly complies with your request to create a bridge of sorts, using Stone Edge to create a small series of stones across the chasm so that you can cross. The Raichu looks nothing shy of a bit worried at the idea, but there's not much time to be indecisive on the idea, so like jumping across stones in a small pond, you make leap after leap before landing precariously on one of the stones, causing a slip towards the chasm below.

Luckily for you, William is safely back at the cliff, and worried for your safety, carries you a little extra distance with another Psychic, allowing you to clutch onto the ledge on the other side long enough to pull yourself up. The cavern the creature had escaped down previously now lies before you, with your two Pokemon left over by the remains of the body on the other side. Shadows shift and twist in the passage ahead, as if inviting you inwards, having been waiting for your arrival, yet no light seems to penetrate the hall whatsoever.

With the skull secured, Ethan takes the leap towards the makeshift bridge. Jagged rocks that if he made one misstep could easily rip his flesh. It was, realistically, the most creative solution to solve this problem. In a place where everything is subjected to the regret's of the isle, sometimes the simplest solution wasn't always going to be the best one.

He lept from stone to stone, trying to keep himself at an easy pace. He didn't have enough time, so he had to make sure that the rhythm he found himself in would work. Rock to rock, stone to stone. Each leap had an uncertainty behind it. A sense of dread behind it. After all, one small misstep almost certainly would mean death. And then that slip-up happened.

He could feel himself start to fall into the abyss below. Ah, ironic wouldn't it? Him dying from falling because he was investigating someone falling. He didn't know exactly what to do, but he could feel his velocity start to increase. Though that small call of despair would go unanswered, he felt himself pushed up. Looking back towards the cliffside above him, he could see his Litwick struggling to keep him afloat onto the opposite cliffside.

Giving a small bow of the head, the man looked forwards at the cave before him. It was all-consuming, the darkness ahead knowing no light. It was calling, no, beckoning him to within. He looked back at his Litwick and Raichu, their faces are written with worry. He went to grab their Pokeballs, but the sense of creeping dread had returned. Ethan knew he couldn't have them with him at this time.

"Be safe you two, I'll see you soon," he stated to them and giving a wave goodbye.

With that out of the way, he walked deeper into the cave. He still had Ozy with him as a last resort, but doing so would make him need to invoke ▂▂▃▃▄▄ . Even so, he still had two more Pokemon if he needed them. He shook his head, prepared. It was time to heed the call of the void, and we willing plunged in.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9

ChrisClark13-

Feeling like you're already on the back peddle, you quickly try to think up a strategy that'll help you beat the Minior. Piecing something together, you order your Thievul to use Nasty Plot and Snarl. The girl just smiles, having already decided what she was going to do next.

"So you're going to try and play on the special side of things now? Boosting up is all good but there is an obvious hole in your plan," she states, looking at her Minior.

"I think we'll end the battle here. I've seen enough. Acrobatics, then finish it with Stone Edge," she orders. Her Minior nods back, and the round begins.

Finnegan starts to think up a Nasty Plot to try and bypass the Minior's Substitute. That wastes too much time, however, as the Meteorite Pokemon once again barrels into your Thievul. The fox yelps in pain as it gets knocked into the air.

Though, he lands quickly onto his feet and lets out a Snarl. The sound move is able to bypass the substitute and land a solid hit onto the Minior. It doesn't seem like it even chips through the Pokemon's hard out shell. The rock type then slams itself into the ground, creating a line of hard, jagged edge stones that rip Finnegan apart.

You watch as your Pokemon soars through the sky and lands in front of your, knocked out cold. Yang recalls her Pokemon and walks up to you.

"I didn't realize you were still pretty green under the belt. I'll concede the battle here. I rather not scare a new trainer off from this life," she gives you a small, warm smile before digging through her pocket.

"Here, this is something my family gives out to those they like to work with. Think of it as a bringer of good fortune. I did technically lose, so it's only fair I honor the deal," she states, handing you an Amulet Coin.

"Now, let's get your Thievul patched up," she says as she pulls out a Max Revive and gives it to Finnegan. She then looks over at Paul.

"Now, what happened to cause you to be late?" She questioned.

"You see Lady Yang, I got a little distracted by this kid stumbling into the area I was mining, and then we were almost made food for a Garchomp," he stated, having finished processing the gems.

"Hmm, well, that isn't great. The gems here are very valuable for my family so, well, I guess I must take matters into my own hands. I will need someone to help me as I go through the volcanic tunnels. You," she states, looking at you. "If you're looking for something, you'll probably be able to find it in these volcanic tunnels. Help me investigate the matter and I'll see to it that we can try and find what you're looking for. Do we have a deal?"

How do you respond?
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
11
Missingno. Master - Watching the Geodude become startled by the sudden shaking, you opt not to follow either of them and instead continue ahead with the help of Hermoine's trustful nose. All the while, you continue taking notes on the encounter and speculating as to why these Geodude may be on the island, as well as whether the presence of any magnetic rocks may have a direct influence on the Onix you have spotted and its ability to navigate the area.

Approaching the Spire ahead, it becomes very much apparent as to the source of the most recent rumble, a large hole just outside of the jungle with a trail of broken ground giving hint to the fact that the Onix has surfaced once more. There doesn't need to be much more in the way of said hints, as the hefty trail leads directly into the side of the spire, now spewing lava from several large holes along its side as the massive rock snake has dug through and back out on its way up the Spire. The holes point directly towards the Caldera a good way up the Spire, where a massive shadow looms down over the area, likely belonging to your quarry.

With your mark spotted once more, the problem now lies with getting to it, the holes left by the Onix letting an amount of lava over the already precarious path up the mountain that both makes the Cliffs unable to be ascended and seems to be causing yet more problems in the way of local fauna, the most immediate source of which being a Gligar and a couple Salandit beginning to squabble over the already quickly depleting territory.
Eddie gave a soft gasp as they approached the spire- a large hole in the ground, plus a trail of broken ground, said all he needed to know- that Onix had surfaced once more. What was more, the need for further hints appeared to have been eliminated by the clear and obvious fact that Onix had gone right into the side of the spire, which was currently spewing lava from holes that now dotted its side, undoubtedly dug by the Onix.. "Gah," Eddie sighed. "This makes it difficult to pursue Onix. Which, I'm guessing, was the entire point," he added.

Indeed. Almost as though Onix is actively trying to stop us from following it. Imagine that, Homer dryly retorted telepathically.

"Weedle," Hermione murmured, casting a worried glance at the Gligar and Salandit, who appeared to be fighting over what little territory they had left, considering the flowing lava.

"Oh, yes- that is a problem," Eddie agreed as he witnessed this. "Well, it seems as though giving chase to Onix will prove impossible for the moment, and in any case, I feel the more pressing matter would be to ensure those Pokémon don't get hurt by Onix's actions."

You mean the actions it took to get away from you? Homer interjected.

Eddie turned to his Alakazam. "I don't appreciate the attempt at a guilt trip," he frowned. "Now are you going to help me help those wild Pokémon, or will you just stand by, making snarky comments, demanding food, and blaming the person trying to fix the problem while making no contribution yourself? Or does an Alakazam with an IQ of 5,000 still not know the definition of 'hypocrite'?"

For a moment, Homer said nothing, eyeing Eddie with the unreadable expression one tends to see from an Alakazam. Then, he gave a sigh. What's the plan? he inquired.

"Weedle. Weedle Weedle Weedle!" Hermione spoke up at once, looking at Homer and gesturing with her black tail stinger in the direction of the Gligar and Salandit, as well as the flowing lava. Finally, she jabbed her tail stinger in the direction of a Poké Ball on Eddie's belt.

"Ah," grinned Eddie, plucking the ball in question from his belt. "I think I see now. Alright, Homer- I'd like you to try and telepathically talk some sense into the Gligar and Salandit, get them to escape. If it comes to it, use Telekinesis to lift them to safety." And then, he threw the Poké Ball. "Gigawatt, go!" he exclaimed.

"ELECTRODE," droned the large sphere that had emerged from the smaller sphere. The Electrode's highly visible eyebrows shot up as it saw the flowing lava. "TRODE?" it inquired.

"Gigawatt, I want you to try and impede the lava flow with your Light Screen," instructed Eddie. "The lava as a whole; however, in particular, you're to keep the Salandit and Gligar safe, and try and make sure they have an escape route. Teleport them to safety if you need to." As Gigawatt rolled forward to do this, Eddie turned to the Weedle on his shoulder. "Hermione, despite what one might assume about a well-educatd boy who grew up on a volcanic island, I'm not sure how effective Water or Ice moves would be in the cooling of lava such as this. But if the need arises, we may need to test it, and that's where your Blizzard and Hydro Pump will no doubt come in handy. Are you up to the task if need be?"

"Weedle. Weedle," Hermione nodded seriously. With the plan established and in motion, Eddie could only wait now. Everyone understood that things were serious- even Homer was doing his part. Nothing to do but wait and see how things went.
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13-

Feeling like you're already on the back peddle, you quickly try to think up a strategy that'll help you beat the Minior. Piecing something together, you order your Thievul to use Nasty Plot and Snarl. The girl just smiles, having already decided what she was going to do next.

"So you're going to try and play on the special side of things now? Boosting up is all good but there is an obvious hole in your plan," she states, looking at her Minior.

"I think we'll end the battle here. I've seen enough. Acrobatics, then finish it with Stone Edge," she orders. Her Minior nods back, and the round begins.

Finnegan starts to think up a Nasty Plot to try and bypass the Minior's Substitute. That wastes too much time, however, as the Meteorite Pokemon once again barrels into your Thievul. The fox yelps in pain as it gets knocked into the air.

Though, he lands quickly onto his feet and lets out a Snarl. The sound move is able to bypass the substitute and land a solid hit onto the Minior. It doesn't seem like it even chips through the Pokemon's hard out shell. The rock type then slams itself into the ground, creating a line of hard, jagged edge stones that rip Finnegan apart.

You watch as your Pokemon soars through the sky and lands in front of your, knocked out cold. Yang recalls her Pokemon and walks up to you.

"I didn't realize you were still pretty green under the belt. I'll concede the battle here. I rather not scare a new trainer off from this life," she gives you a small, warm smile before digging through her pocket.

"Here, this is something my family gives out to those they like to work with. Think of it as a bringer of good fortune. I did technically lose, so it's only fair I honor the deal," she states, handing you an Amulet Coin.

"Now, let's get your Thievul patched up," she says as she pulls out a Max Revive and gives it to Finnegan. She then looks over at Paul.

"Now, what happened to cause you to be late?" She questioned.

"You see Lady Yang, I got a little distracted by this kid stumbling into the area I was mining, and then we were almost made food for a Garchomp," he stated, having finished processing the gems.

"Hmm, well, that isn't great. The gems here are very valuable for my family so, well, I guess I must take matters into my own hands. I will need someone to help me as I go through the volcanic tunnels. You," she states, looking at you. "If you're looking for something, you'll probably be able to find it in these volcanic tunnels. Help me investigate the matter and I'll see to it that we can try and find what you're looking for. Do we have a deal?"

How do you respond?
Curtis just stands there and blinks for a few moments, speechless as what just happened as his opponent puts some sort of Coin... Amulet... into his hand. "Uh...."

It was a weird feeling to have an opponent that so clearly outclassed him take pity on him. It still kind of stung, but really not nearly as bad as if she had just put him and his entire team into the dirt. There was a strange lightness in his chest- as if the battle that had just happened suddenly didn't matter that much anymore.

Finnegan wakes up with a jolt as the medicine goes to work, he growls and snaps at the human his Trainer was just battling- but just for a moment. His mind registers that... he feels fine now! He still felt tired from how crazy this day's been, but there's no bruises or stinging cuts anymore. Noting his trainer standing off to the side, he warily eyes the female human and her floating rock as he returns to him. As the Theivul gets near, he notes that his trainer is holding and straightens up on his hind legs to get a look at it. Though then Annahime, from her stop on Curtis's shoulder, lifts up their consolation prize so she can get a better look at it too- though she does hold it where the other fox can see it too.

As his Pokemon crawl all over him, Curtis sighs and looks over to Lady Yang, "Um, well I was just looking for a Fire Stone for my Vulpix here- since well, the Department Store back in didn't have them in stock at the moment. Thought it would be a quick... in-and-out sort of affair. Didn't think it would well... turn into a full-blown adventure like this. Like how, well, some days just end up like that ya know?"

He sighs again and looks to his Pokemon- clearly concerned. He takes a deep breath in and out and tiredly speaks up, "Know what? Just help me and my team get off this place in one piece and I'm all yours. I can just buy that Fire Stone when it's in stock again- not worth risking their lives for it anymore- well, I mean at all really. And uh, name's Curtis- Curtis Renard- by the way." Oh right, wasn't he supposed to tell her that only if he lost? He was just doing it to be polite, but nevertheless, he speaks up again a moment later, "I really didn't win there, we both know it."

* 1x Amulet Coin received!
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
195
Reaction score
9

ChrisClark13-

You could see Yang's eyes light up and her smile turn foxy as soon as you revealed your name. You knew you messed up as soon as you did that, and she quickly poked you on the nose as a quick punishment. What seemed like something totally harmless hurt like hell, and it almost burned? You could be just not feeling it though, the blistering heat has started to affect your mind.

"So Curtis, you want a fire stone? Well, hate to tell you this but there haven't really been any on the island that has been safe to mine for a few months. Part of the reason why I'm here, besides to make sure everything is working well for my family's business," she tells you before scanning the area.

It was warm and barren. You could see bird Pokemon flying around, riding the thermals, and gliding for any food. A small lava spout cropped up in the distance every so often, but besides that there was nothing. It was the same old scenery as it was as when you had arrived. Barren, empty and devoid of all things but heat. It seeped into your skin, your blood, your mind and burned you in your very core. Heat.

"Well, let's see here. There are a few ways towards the mines," she states before pulling out a small scroll.

You watch her pull it apart with her hands, showcasing a small map of the area. You see a few spots circled and a few spots marked with Xs. She quickly sets it down and grabs a pen from her bag and places an X on the area of the caves you ran away from.

"SO these Xs are where people have sighted unusually strong Pokemon or sudden dangers in the tunnel systems here. Something fishy is going on here in the old lava tubes... The Pokemon aren't usually so aggressive. These circles are entrances into our mines that are still safe. We have about three we can go through," she states as she looks at you.

Looking at the map, the closest one was southbound. Though, something that simply felt like a trap in this place. The one closest after that was northwest, heading towards the caldera of the spire. The last one, to the north, didn't really have much detailing at all. It felt odd like it was freshly added. She looked at you with a smile.

"As punishment, you get to pick!" she exclaims, whimsy on her voice but her eyes showcasing more seriousness. You had a sudden creeping feeling in your chest that no matter which way you went, that danger would be afoot.

What do you do?
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13-

You could see Yang's eyes light up and her smile turn foxy as soon as you revealed your name. You knew you messed up as soon as you did that, and she quickly poked you on the nose as a quick punishment. What seemed like something totally harmless hurt like hell, and it almost burned? You could be just not feeling it though, the blistering heat has started to affect your mind.

"So Curtis, you want a fire stone? Well, hate to tell you this but there haven't really been any on the island that has been safe to mine for a few months. Part of the reason why I'm here, besides to make sure everything is working well for my family's business," she tells you before scanning the area.

It was warm and barren. You could see bird Pokemon flying around, riding the thermals, and gliding for any food. A small lava spout cropped up in the distance every so often, but besides that there was nothing. It was the same old scenery as it was as when you had arrived. Barren, empty and devoid of all things but heat. It seeped into your skin, your blood, your mind and burned you in your very core. Heat.

"Well, let's see here. There are a few ways towards the mines," she states before pulling out a small scroll.

You watch her pull it apart with her hands, showcasing a small map of the area. You see a few spots circled and a few spots marked with Xs. She quickly sets it down and grabs a pen from her bag and places an X on the area of the caves you ran away from.

"SO these Xs are where people have sighted unusually strong Pokemon or sudden dangers in the tunnel systems here. Something fishy is going on here in the old lava tubes... The Pokemon aren't usually so aggressive. These circles are entrances into our mines that are still safe. We have about three we can go through," she states as she looks at you.

Looking at the map, the closest one was southbound. Though, something that simply felt like a trap in this place. The one closest after that was northwest, heading towards the caldera of the spire. The last one, to the north, didn't really have much detailing at all. It felt odd like it was freshly added. She looked at you with a smile.

"As punishment, you get to pick!" she exclaims, whimsy on her voice but her eyes showcasing more seriousness. You had a sudden creeping feeling in your chest that no matter which way you went, that danger would be afoot.

What do you do?
Curtis rubs at his nose after the lady boops it, it felt weird- but maybe it was just all the random gunk that had no doubt collected on his face getting disturbed, plus the mind-numbing heat of course. Even Annahime seemed to get affected by the heat, slumping over his shoulder rather than perching on it like she usually does. Sooner or later she'd start having to breathe out puffs of flame in order to keep herself cooled down. If she's feeling this bad already, it would only be a matter of time before Finnegan started getting heat exhaustion... again.

Curtis recalls the dark-typed fox as he continues this conversation, "Well, I thought I just said 'forget about the Fire Stone' more-or-less?" Though it was nice to know that Fire Stones could be found here after all... and that there had been no real way he was going to get some all on his own anyway. As Yang looks around again, so does he. He notes a few bird Pokemon out and about, but he can't spot any other Pokemon. "Is it unusually hot today?" he ponders, "Is that why I can't see hardly any Pokemon out and about or ya think this is related to the problem with the mines?"

When she pulls out the scroll and opens it, Curtis stands up on his toes for a better look. He carefully follows along as she explains. Though as punishment he gets to pick where they go? That's not really a punishment and really of a test now, isn't it? He traces a finger along the map as he thinks, southbound was probably connected to the tunnels he just ran from... or maybe that'd be northwest again? Either way, it would still be in this awful heat... which would potentially- no definitely, limit how much he could do with his Pokemon. Even Annahime would need to take a rest inside a Pokeball at some point, no matter how much she disliked going in one.

A thought crosses his mind, well if the problem is new... maybe going to the newest mark on the map would yield more answers? Maybe they dug into a spot and woke something up... or let something out...

He stops moving his finger along and sticks it at the mark to the north, "I'm thinking... here. It's marked a bit differently than the others, right? And I want to get as far away from that Garchomp as possible." Though given that he just said that last thing, fate may decide that he get's to be unlucky and the place would be utterly swarming with them. "Though uh, if I had to pick a second choice I think.... that spot," he says, pointing to the mark at the south. "Mostly I really don't want to heat- head into more of this heat." He wipes sweat from his brow and considers that he should probably really actually get a partial fursuit costume for the next time he heads into a hot place like this. I mean yes, sticking to a theme was important and all for various spooky reasons such as fate and luck and all that, but not dying from overheating is a bit more important yeah?
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Unreal Archipelago: Zone of Mysteries

Tranquil Lagoon
Please reply in RoyalBlue


The northwest island, the Tranquil Lagoon has been deemed the only island in the Archipelago currently capable of sustaining a village. As such, many trainers have taken to building their homes here, huts and cabins of all shapes and sizes built along the sparkling shore of the crescent moon shaped land mass. Floating pathways made of wood have been constructed over the Lagoon itself, allowing for easy transportation all along the island. While those who have moved here are happy to have done so, there is always one dispute or another abound due to the current lack of any actual governing force, so the helping hand of other trainers is often wanted, not that the disputes ever seem to dampen the ever-smiling faces that greet anyone who steps ashore here. The island itself lacks much vegetation, instead being covered entirely in shimmering white sand. Instead those living here farm algae and other plant life from the coral reef around the island, and fish and hunt along the Lagoon and island itself.

Crystal Lagoon: Shimmering and crystal clear, the lagoon within the crescent moon shaped island resembles a deep blue pool, opening itself up towards the center of the Archipelago. The floating wooden bridges above make for good fishing spots for the town, as well as comfortable resting places for more amphibious Pokemon that no longer wish to go all the way to the shore. While members of the town regularly enter the water for relaxation or to find vegetation, few stray far from the shore, let alone to the center of the deep blue below.


”This…this seems pretty nice. I’m not so sure what all the hullabaloo about the Unreal Archipelago is all about. It’s actually very beautiful.”

Hugo inhaled deeply. The air in the crystal lagoon smelled fresh and earthy. The serene waters were very calming, and Hugo could feel the warm sunshine on his face. It was pleasant. So, he called out Ducklett.

The tiny duck materialized, and truly like a duck to water, immediately began splashing about in the lagoon happily, bobbing her head underwater with her feathery behind in the air as ducks so often do. She was in her element, and Hugo smiled to see her so full of joy. He rejoiced internally. In fact, one might even say there was much rejoicing.

He settled on a nearby wooden bridge. It was old, but comfortable.

“This seems like it could be a good spot. What do you think, Ducklett?” Hugo asked.


“QUACK!” the bird responded, cheerfully. She was in agreement, that much was clear.

“Yes, I think so, too.”

He pulled out his fishing rod and lazily cast it into the calming waters. Hugo had always loved to fish, but it had been such a long time since he had really been able to take his time and enjoy it. Life had been so busy, everything so crazy. This was one of the simplest pleasures in life, and with such beautiful scenery around him, Hugo was going to make the most of it.

“What do you think? Will we get any bites? Don’t go scaring them away now.”


“QUACK!”
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Enigmatic Professor - With the crown bearing Pokemon taunting your every move as it slowly pokes Wolfe and Voltsey in combat, you take to focusing yourself, calming your thoughts to determine what it is that brought you here and why you are fighting this Slowking in the first place. His stripes shifting as he begins to Camouflage himself while lending you what solace he can, Wolfe's form shifts like the mirrors surrounding him, his visage appearing much more similar to some Psychic types you've seen in your time. Meanwhile, Voltsey starts to give in to the sleep attempting to grasp at his mind and body, slowly slumping his form over yours, but not before spitting up a volley of Acid over the Slowking, which does its job in lowering the Special Defense of the creature, though it doesn't seem particularly bothered by the actual attack itself. Reappearing, Wolfe strikes at the weakened Slowking with a mighty Thunderbolt, the shock causing a brief flash of light that once more reveals a shifting shadow moving through the shards of mirror scattered about the area.

"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."

The shade moves through the mirrors quickly, and a few scattered around the Slowking dissolve into bright light, washing over the form of the creature to reveal instead the true creature that has been speaking to you throughout the maze. The form is similar, yet with a different helm altogether, colored a much darker hue and reaching further down over the face of its wearer, instead presenting its own eyes to stare at you. The darker form's eyes glow before an Eerie Spell is cast over Wolfe, draining the dog of energy considerably, though his recent shift in type seems to help prevent taking too much damage for now.

The moment Drake catches sight of the Galarian form Slowking, his mind careers into another wave of splitting pain as conflicting memories wash over him, Memories of before, and memories of when he found a way back home and then living back again in this world. Everything associated with these memories flooded his body and he shrugged Voltsy off and gripped his forehead and let out a pained scream. "WHY DID THIS HURT SO MUCH?" he thought to himself, It wasn't the first time, from any of his time, that he suffered from psychic backlash. But something made this much more difficult...

That's when his one clearest memory flashed across in his mind, the raid battle to defeat Primal Dialga, That had to be it.
Rupturing the timeline and sending him back into a shattered timestream that didn't exist, forcing him to live through it and reconnect it to the main timestream... Drake then felt along his belt to see if he had any other pokeballs other than Voltsy's or Wolfe's, Grabbing Voltsy's, he recalled him for now, thinking it'd be better to protect the eel in his slumbering state until Wolfe and Drake can get away from this Slowking.

Since Wolfe seemed to have obtained the Psychic typing, The Arcanine decided that he needed to push the opponent back and try to create an opening for him to take Drake and Flee, so Drake can recover and come up with a plan to get out of here...

He decided to do something stupidly risky to push the foe back Placing himself in front of Drake, who without hesitation climbed upon his partners back, started to inhale deeply and then upon exhaling, unleashed a tremendous torrent of water seemingly from nowhere causing a huge surfable wave to spring forth, then and unleashed a bolt of pure thunder once more to the wave as it made its way to the foe. A dangerous combo for sure, but it should allow for an opening to either retreat back through the hallway, or allow for Wolfe to jump past the foe and travel deeper into the attraction...
 
Top