• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unrealistic to the point of impossible?

The way they will not let you go with your pokemon without shouting 'COMPLETE DAH POKEDEX' without scaring the hats they always seem to wear off. I think they tell you about Gyms and E4 to make it sound fun.

Sneaky Proffesers.

you are completely and utterly..rig..WRONG! You see ever in game trainers job IS to complete the Pokédex.Many see this as a side quest, others see it as a last resort "mission" when you've done every thing else. and it isn't child labour. what? swing youi arm to throw a pokéball is child labour?Living your dream is child Labour? wow I must be REALLY pissed right now

???? What? No it can't. It can only fail on the Marowak Ghost in RBGY/FRLG. It doesn't fail anywhere else. The Master Ball catches any Pokémon with a catch rate of 3 or higher. All Pokémon have a catch rate of 3 or higher. Even if it was 1 or 2, the Ball would still act like a Heavy Ball on a Groudon. The Master Ball doesn't fail.

objection! Bulbapeadia says that if a catch rate were to be lower than three the master ball will fail

Last edited:
I like to think of this when I see this thread: "Hello, I am a world renowned Pokémon expert known as Professor Oak. Let me give you this BLANK encyclopedia on Pokémon and to help you out I will let you choose ONE OF MY THREE POKÉMON. By the way did I tell you that I am a Pokémon expert...and what was my grandson's name again?"

I like to think of this when I see this thread: "Hello, I am a world renowned Pokémon expert known as Professor Oak. Let me give you this BLANK encyclopedia on Pokémon and to help you out I will let you choose ONE OF MY THREE POKÉMON. By the way did I tell you that I am a Pokémon expert...and what was my grandson's name again?"
no the pokédex has 2 pokémon in it, yours and your rivals
No way. A Masterball fails? Just on which pokemon? Arceus?

NO read it carefully it says if the catch rate is BELOW 3, (1 or 2 if you can't count). is when the master ball will fail

My god, this thread...

There are sure a lot of things in the Pokémon world that's unrealistic/strange/impossible, but honestly, what did you expect? How many things except from reality is actually like reality/logical?

Sure they could make the games more realistic/logical but that would be too much to change and too much annoying things to go through.

My god, this thread...

There are sure a lot of things in the Pokémon world that's unrealistic/strange/impossible, but honestly, what did you expect? How many things except from reality is actually like reality/logical?

Sure they could make the games more realistic/logical but that would be too much to change and too much annoying things to go through.

Not to mention that the Pokemon world is fictional and that what they consider reality is different than what we consider reality. Maybe it's not bad for kids to go traveling in the Pokemon world as they have Pokemon to help them and perhaps their parents teach them about the world to prepare them. Maybe it's not bad for Pokemon to be caught by humans and "forced" to battle as they might not mind being captured and possibly like battles.

Not to mention that the Pokemon world is fictional and that what they consider reality is different than what we consider reality. Maybe it's not bad for kids to go traveling in the Pokemon world as they have Pokemon to help them and perhaps their parents teach them about the world to prepare them. Maybe it's not bad for Pokemon to be caught by humans and "forced" to battle as they might not mind being captured and possibly like battles.

I like your thoughts. People are comparing the Pokémon world to our world way to much, but maybe because it's so similar at many points. The thing I don't like is that there is no explanation that the Pokémon world works different from ours, well, except from the Pokémon itself and other stuff. But I don't think Game Freak have that in mind, to make it a realistic and logical game and you know, you deep into it, but what do I know...

I assume the player is only 10 years old (or is this only in the anime?) because it's supposed to be a child's game. But to be super-realistic; going traveling when 10 years old, skipping school, meting Pokémon that could be dangerous yet of course they aren't does sound like a dream for a child rather than a realistic plot, haha.

Oh, how I wish Pokémon wasn't made and suitable for children sometimes.

Objection!
It didn't fail to catch nero! He didn't enter the ball for it to fail! Nero caught the ball in his mouth before it could open! therefore the masterball didn't fail!

But the ball was used to catch Nero, and didn't succeed. Therefore it failed.

But the ball was used to catch Nero, and didn't succeed. Therefore it failed.

Hold it! A pokéball only fails when it is thrown at a pokémon and the pokémon escapes from INSIDE the ball not capturing it with its mouth before the ball could open. anyway why am I still talking about this? it's not in game it's anime !

OBJECTION!

May's Munchlax ate the Poke Ball, and worked. Terefore, it failed with Nero.

Anyway, since this is about video games, having Qwilfish use Surf when it really can't swim well, so that's a tad bit impossible.

OBJECTION!

May's Munchlax ate the Poke Ball, and worked. Terefore, it failed with Nero.

Anyway, since this is about video games, having Qwilfish use Surf when it really can't swim well, so that's a tad bit impossible.

Over ruled! Nero had above average intelligence and therefore used its tongue cleverly to stop it from capturing him from the inside.mays munchlax isn't above average intelegence so deal!. and how about a piplup with surf, or oshwott, even squrtile,mudkip? (everstone)?

it has wings and can take regular stops. every step of the bloody way.

why can't ditto transform into a pokémon other than the one it's battling? how about one that is in you pokédex?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom