• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unrealistic to the point of impossible?

hmmmm...i gess ill talk about ours and the Pokemon world
Our world:
#1 Pokemon becoming real.(not sure i should post this)
#2 Kids having more rights then adults.(like that will ever happen)
#3 Animals becoming Pokemon.(could happen tho,look on how we came from monkeys)
#4 Animals got smart and started to understand us.(but you can train dogs and cats to.....oh! never mind...)
#5 Animals take turns attacking each other.(we do but not them)
#6 Other things i cant say on here because of the rules on this forum.(do you really want to know,its kind of discusting)

Pokemon World:
#1 How the makers of Pokemon made the battle system for them.(Really? Do you think super smart creatures are just going to stand there,take turns attacking each other,III would not think so.)
#2 Pokemon cant die but humans can?!?!?(odd?)
#3 Master Ball Therory.(I never knew that until today)
#4 No goverment.(yeaay!!!.....uh oh...i shouldnt have said that)
#5 No crime(i want to go to the pokemon world now)
#6 Everyone is nice to you...(the WHOLE WORLD is my friend now,no FaceBook required!!!)
#7 Embor(i hope i spelled that right)can use water moves.(but pigs like to play in the mud....dont they?)
and that all i can think up right now....

and to finish to post from last time...for number 8 on "Pokemon World"
#8(you might get mad for this....)How come im seeing Rayquaza in Megaman Star Force,and dont forget Triple Kick's in there too..... Now that unrealistic.....

Last edited:
anyway, I just remembered! The pokéball used by may on munchlax activated in its stomach, will the one that nero ate didn't activate at all for it to fail therefore the masterball didn't fail.

It seems weird that pokemon can cross-breed and get a perfect looking baby version of the female.

About Dive and lack of air supply: The reason the move "Dive" is needed is so both the trainer and the Pokemon can go underwater indefinitely. Your Swampert could probably take you underwater anyway: you just couldn't stay there long enough to do anything.

Also, Pokemon is unrealistic because it's a videogame. And if it's a good videogame, who really cares anyway?

I honestly don't see how in any videogame, no matter how unrealistic it is, a Pidgey can carry you as far as a Fearow or some other large bird. That's not gameplay, that's just plain out stupid. I also somehow doubt it would be fun to surf across an ocean on a Goldeen or a Luvdisc, but that's just me.

There's probably a shitload of things related to moves learned by pokémon, so I don't even bother starting on them.

Maybe. But I was just stating here that even though it's already an unrealistic game, there are some points were it's SUPPOSED to be logistic in one way or another.

Uhm, TMs and especially HMs. How, exactly, do non-electric types get moves dowloaded into their brains from a CD disk? I just can't see it. I mean, I can see learning moves artificially, but nothing that involves a CD unless you're porygon or rotom or something.
And HMs and the TMs for Unova -- how, exactly, does that work? Is there data on the disk that you can somehow move to the pokemon's brain or what?

Pokemon such as Charizard and Flygon can learn dig, but even when they're underground, their Flying-Type or Levitate ability makes them avoid all damage.

Don't forget, we have Onix hatching out of eggs. That thing is how tall? And yet it comes out of a little chicken-sized egg.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as I have not been keeping an eye on this topic, but shouldn't all fish pokemon have Surf already or at least the ability to learn it? How the heck does Magikarp get around in the water, just going along with currents or something(as it can't learn Surf)?

In the Pokemon World, you can leave home, and forget school and getting a job at the age of 10.

Using Fire Type Pokemon in battle on one of the underwater routes in R/S/E. Makes no sense whatsoever even if there'd be no good reason to use Fire types against all Water types since that's all you find underwater.

Uhm, TMs and especially HMs. How, exactly, do non-electric types get moves dowloaded into their brains from a CD disk? I just can't see it. I mean, I can see learning moves artificially, but nothing that involves a CD unless you're porygon or rotom or something.
And HMs and the TMs for Unova -- how, exactly, does that work? Is there data on the disk that you can somehow move to the pokemon's brain or what?

I always imagined it was a DVD that you play in front of the Pokemon and they learn by watching it lol

Oh, well I guess that makes *some* sense... but in that case, why can't a pokemon learn a compatible move just from watching another pokemon use it?
And also, only four moves. I mean, I can see forgetting some moves you never use, and I can see *why* they do it in-game, but really? Pokemon have *that* short a memory span? No matter what they are? Like, alakazam or something should be able to remember more than four moves, right?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom