• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

It's such a weird experience to actually be in the dark about things. In past gens, I'd usually look up everything after the game came out in Japan; I knew the majority of information by the time the game was localized, and if I was unsure of something, I could just look it up on the internet. But now, it's a completely different experience altogether...

And that Hex Maniac scared the Arceus out of me (I was playing at night, and I wasn't expecting it at all). She kind of reminds me of the girl in the Strange House who says some weird, unexplained stuff as well. But that girl gave you the Lunar Wing, and the Lumiose one doesn't give you anything...of course, it's possible, like said above, that she was just there for some weird atmospheric thing. I hope she does have a "purpose", though, just so I can feel less freaked out. If I know something in a game has a reason for being there and acting the way it does, I don't find it as creepy.

Could it literally mean that you're not the one? Maybe they've programmed one single trainer ID/hidden ID that she actually does something for. The cherry on top is that nobody will ever believe the handful of people who ever happen to have to have that combo. With the 3ds currently unhackable, it would be the perfect amusement for them to sneak something incredibly rare in, near impossible to replicate, and impossible to verify without looking at the code.

Now THAT, folks, is how you do an easter egg. Long shot, but I would forever be the number 1 fan of whoever's idea it was.

Also, the ghost story scared the crap out of me. I'm sitting playing in the dark at 1 in the morning. I'm reading the story, and think "oh, he's just gonna turn around see some sort of ghost-type pokemon from this generation".

NOPE

I swear I jumped a foot when he finished the sentence!

One thing that gets to me: the Mewtwo mega-stones. If Mewtwo wasn't natural, how could there be Mewtwo megastones, unless science made the stones too.

My theory: They aren't really Mewtwo stones.... they are Mew stones, and we'll see some type of event-exclusive Mega-Mew in the future.

I came up with this result as a possible theory too once I first heard news of a Mega Mewtwo and megastones.

I can see a lot of mysteries could be revealed when PokéBank is active. What if bringing old legendaries trigger particular events?

A guy in the fossil lab asked me for a Genesect. Somewhere I read that guy only gives you the Drives, and it's the most probable answer, but leaves me the suggestion of another (more important) events triggered through transferring oldies. Something a la Crown Beasts (and coincidentally the Creation trio was distributed right before X/Y launch. And coincidentally, these are shiny)

I can see a lot of mysteries could be revealed when PokéBank is active. What if bringing old legendaries trigger particular events?
Pretty much.
There is still alot of secrets in some Areas that might be revealed when PokéBank comes out.

anyone know what those statues are of in the Pokemon League? The ones in front of those platforms in the chambers.

A guy in the fossil lab asked me for a Genesect. Somewhere I read that guy only gives you the Drives, and it's the most probable answer, but leaves me the suggestion of another (more important) events triggered through transferring oldies. Something a la Crown Beasts (and coincidentally the Creation trio was distributed right before X/Y launch. And coincidentally, these are shiny)

I'm a little hesitant to think the Creation Trio giveaways will trigger something in X/Y, since they weren't released in a couple major countries (most notably Japan), but I do think there might be some giveaway-triggered events hidden somewhere in these games. It could be possible that the Musketeers are found somewhere in Kalos (which would be fitting of the French theme)--maybe an event Keldeo will trigger something like that? And it would connect to a location like the Sinjoh Ruins or the Cave of Being, where you will be able to catch/interact with the Musketeers in some southern Kalos location.

Seriously the amount of emptiness to the South and West-ish of Lumiose City has me thinking that SOMETHING must be there. Also interesting to note that Kiloude City is covered by clouds in the official artwork for the Kalos region--what else are they hiding behind those things?

What's the point of the chamber of emptiness? All you find inside of it is the spooky plate and the banettite and no music plays inside of it. Not to mention that it just consists of a single tiny room.

Also, why does xerneas not have a mouth?

Wait, wait wait, Couriway's train isn't connected to the Kiloude-Lumiose line? Haven't played the games yet, was assuming that was the case. Huh.
And the map cloud thing, I'm more interested in the northeast of the region, beyond Terminus cave. That's a huge area not accessed, but hidden. The rest of South Kalos would be nice though, not gonna lie, if there is more. But that top right corner, that has to be connected to Alexa's editor.

@Mitchman. No, it isn't. Not even post-game. Okay, you only get the ticket to Kiloude post-game either way. Still, you do not get a train ticket for any train going to or off from Couriway. You do not even see a train pass through. The station is just there. Yes, there's a woman who gives you a TM. But that's it basically. However, the station is nicely designed. And that is why I find the whole set-up curious and think that there might be a possible event where this station plays a bigger role. But perhapst that's just me...

* Weird Lumiose Areas: There are a lot of weird back-alleys, including one across from the Ghost Girl's building, that are just empty...there are also some NPCs you run into around these areas that you can battle (I've found only two) who seem a bit off...one of them introduces himself as a Samurai for example...and disappear right after you beat them.

Those alleys aren't always empty. Those NPCs spawn in them randomly, and you get bonuses (I think stylishness boosts from all of them and items from some) for hunting them down and beating them. And NPCs saying weird things and vanishing after you're done with them isn't really uncommon in these games.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen.

... Wait, what.

Tipping: What does it do?

I've gotten a medal for it in Global Link, for what it counts.

Ghost House: On Route 14, as part of the story, you're forced to visit a haunted house and hear a ghost story about a man encountering faceless men, and then asked to pay a Tip or suffer. Nothing happens either way, and it's a really weird plot moment that's never explained. Just a stupid joke? Or hinting at something more?

Since the plot focuses on a group of kids, I always assumed that it was playing on the 'a bunch of kids go to a scary place during Summer break' trope seen in anime/manga. Or maybe it is possibly referring to this as well (faceless doesn't always have to refer to a featureless head, it might have just been ill-defined and thus 'faceless').

Not sure if it can be considered a mystery but has anyone tried to see what happens if you get Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde in one version? I remember that, on Saphire i guess, you could catch Rayquaza after you traded/cheated to get Groudon in one game, same for Landarus. You could even consider Regigiggas as another example of this. Just hoping for more legendarys already in-game.

Ghost House: On Route 14, as part of the story, you're forced to visit a haunted house and hear a ghost story about a man encountering faceless men, and then asked to pay a Tip or suffer. Nothing happens either way, and it's a really weird plot moment that's never explained. Just a stupid joke? Or hinting at something more?

Since the plot focuses on a group of kids, I always assumed that it was playing on the 'a bunch of kids go to a scary place during Summer break' trope seen in anime/manga. Or maybe it is possibly referring to this as well (faceless doesn't always have to refer to a featureless head, it might have just been ill-defined and thus 'faceless').

Or Slenderman, child-friendly version.

And the map cloud thing, I'm more interested in the northeast of the region, beyond Terminus cave. That's a huge area not accessed, but hidden. The rest of South Kalos would be nice though, not gonna lie, if there is more. But that top right corner, that has to be connected to Alexa's editor.

If you're referring to the massive snow covered mountain, it's Frost Cavern.
It's accessible after the 6th badge and you can pick up the Abomanite there.

If you mean the greenery beyond it, then I have no idea. That isn't in-game so far. There's greenery in the mountains south of Kalos too.

Does the Intriguing Stone item serve a purpose? Its description suggests so.

Last edited:
Does the Intriguing Stone item have a purpose? Its description suggests so.

It's just a rock.

You can trade it to somebody for a Sunstone. I can't remember which city. I'd be careful with who you talk to if you actually wanted to keep it though, because you do not have the actual option to trade it or not. Once you talk to him, you'll automatically give it to him. It's a force trade, really.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom