• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

I think the Intriguing Stone was supposed to appear like a Mega Stone, just to kind of throw you off.

The thing that really confused me was the Anistar sundial. It's so huge and different yet had absolutely no role in the story. When I first got to it, I initially thought it was at least going to be involved in the Flare storyline, but that obviously didn't happen. There wasn't even a throwaway encounter by it was there?

The thing that really confused me was the Anistar sundial. It's so huge and different yet had absolutely no role in the story. When I first got to it, I initially thought it was at least going to be involved in the Flare storyline, but that obviously didn't happen. There wasn't even a throwaway encounter by it was there?

Well, Sycamore meets you there post-game and says the Mega stones are made from the same material and it/they glow between 8 and 9 pm. It lets you see Mega Stones during that time period that are just sitting around.

Well the Sundial does play an important role in that--
post-game Prof. Sycamore mentions the connection to the Sundial & Mega Stones, and that the other Stones can only be found between 8PM & 9PM, which is also when the Sundial is "activated" by the sunset. If Game Freak ever decide to go into more detail about Mega Stones and their origins, I'm sure the Sundial will play a role in that.

But yeah, even with the ambiguity and uncertainty that exists now, the Sundial is kinda significant to the story, it's just not mentioned right away.

EDIT: Greninja'd~

It's so weird being in the dark about things-not just because of a worldwide release, but because of the 3DS being ostensibly "un-hackable". It feels like the fans have become scientists, lol.

We know for sure the reasoning behind the alleys at least. The looker subplot uses them for battles.

For what it's worth, the three unknown legendaries seem to be at least in the system data... if you search for them specifically on the GTS as a Pokemon you want to trade for, your request will show up on the GTS for other players intact (normally, if you enter gibberish, like "Batman" as the Pokemon you want, it goes through, but is invisible. I tried it today searching for "Hoopa" (one of the three) and sure enough, it showed up on the GTS for other people, saying right there I wanted a "Hoopa"). If I recall correctly someone on another forum was able to confirm that Hoopa was programmed to be harder to catch or something than the other two, so it seems unlikely they're part of a trio. All we know of them, though, is their names... they could even be scrapped Pokemon that didn't get erased from the system, or Pokemon we'll encounter naturally in the game through an as-of-yet-unknown method. It's kind of cool to have this kind of "playground rumor" stuff again, haven't had this much fun trying to figure out mysteries since Gens 1 and 2!

It seems really weird for the spot in Reflection Cave only exists for the Alakazamnite. Also there's a lone tree in the forest next to Snowbelle City. I personally think that the Musketeer Trio appearing is possible.

I'm wondering if the DNA Splicers will work on other Pokemon than Kyurem and Co, Venustoise anyone?
Also I wonder if Az's Floette is from that region the backpacker in the hotel mentions, originally I thought its flower would be Xerneas colored in Y (I played X) and that it would become the other legendary at some point through an event or something.

Its been 3000 years and a war and what is likely the equivalent of a mass extinction happened around that time that supposedly wiped out a large portion of Kalos' population. Not that out of the question to think that AZ's Floette's flower species was wiped out during that event.

It seems really weird for the spot in Reflection Cave only exists for the Alakazamnite. Also there's a lone tree in the forest next to Snowbelle City. I personally think that the Musketeer Trio appearing is possible.
Doesn't seem that weird. If you remember it then you'd be drawn to revisit it when you're told there are hidden Mega Stones. It's not like they put Mega Stones in random hidden away places. Even in Glittering Cave, Kangaskhanite wasn't that hidden.

Has anyone else noticed that the Legendary pokemon Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygard are coloured Red, Blue and Green- the same colours as Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also, Zygarde brings the ecosystem back from collapse. Didn't Kyogre and Groudon screw up the ecosystem in Ruby and Sapphire? In short, I think Kyogre and Groudon are hidden somewhere.

I'm wondering if the DNA Splicers will work on other Pokemon than Kyurem and Co, Venustoise anyone?
If it didn't work in Gen V why would it work in Gen VI?

because X and Y are a new generation, so they dont have to worry about things being compatable with previous games in the same gen, plus they might come up with new ideas for an item in between b/w2 and x/y
rotom got the types of its forms changed in black in white cos if they gave the forms types in platinum there wouldve been issues with diamond and pearl

If it didn't work in Gen V why would it work in Gen VI?

because X and Y are a new generation, so they dont have to worry about things being compatable with previous games in the same gen, plus they might come up with new ideas for an item in between b/w2 and x/y
rotom got the types of its forms changed in black in white cos if they gave the forms types in platinum there wouldve been issues with diamond and pearl
The DNA Spicer was made specifically for Kyurem due to it's nature as a Pokemon "who waits for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with truth or ideals" as well as the fact that it along with Reshiram and Zekrom were once a single Pokemon. If Pokemon fusion was a thing this generation, they would've promoted it along with Mega Evolutions and Fairy types.

Or leave it up to the players to find out as a surprise.

When I get the DNA splicers I'll let you know if I get a Venustoise.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom