• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Regarding the Anistar Sundial, one NPC refers to it as an OOPart(Out-of-place artifact).
From what I could dig up on OOParts, they all are out of place for a reason. Doesn't calling the sundial an OOPart imply that there is a place where it would be fit in?

Regarding the Anistar Sundial, one NPC refers to it as an OOPart(Out-of-place artifact).
From what I could dig up on OOParts, they all are out of place for a reason. Doesn't calling the sundial an OOPart imply that there is a place where it would be fit in?

I'm personally convinced that the sundial will have a bigger role in the third version. There's just something off about it, especially with that OOPart comment...

Well, in regards to the creepy girl coming out of the elevator, I tried using that elevator at midnight with my 3DS upside down and nothing happened.

Has anyone gotten all three legendary birds together in one game? Maybe getting all three of them together summons Lugia in the Sea Spirits Den, as Lugia is regarded as a Sea Spirit, and is the master of the birds. If anyone wants to, I'd love to try this.

Has anyone gotten all three legendary birds together in one game? Maybe getting all three of them together summons Lugia in the Sea Spirits Den, as Lugia is regarded as a Sea Spirit, and is the master of the birds. If anyone wants to, I'd love to try this.
Interesting theory! I doubt they'd do that though. Perhaps you could bring LUGIA there?

Interesting theory! I doubt they'd do that though. Perhaps you could bring LUGIA there?

But what purpose would that serve? If the birds weren't already roaming, Lugia could release them, but they are...

But what purpose would that serve? If the birds weren't already roaming, Lugia could release them, but they are...
IDK, it's all wild speculation at this poit lol. Many mysteries may or may not be reveled with pokebank's release...

Y'all wrong there,

Lugia and Ho-oh both serve as the masters, Birds have little to no relation, and the beasts are the lesser legends to lugia and ho-oh.

Biggest mystery to me is that ghost that appeared from your behind in one of the buildings in Lumiose City.
What the hell was that? Why? How? Why GameFreak? You scared me so much. Why!

That would really make a great plot for a side quest.

Y'all wrong there,

Lugia and Ho-oh both serve as the masters, Birds have little to no relation, and the beasts are the lesser legends to lugia and ho-oh.

Lugia is the trio master for the birds, and Ho-Oh is the trio master for the beasts. It's all spelled out on Bulbapedia. Johto's birds also just happen to be a duo themselves, but they act as trio masters for two entirely different trios. And thus, you have been successfully proven wrong. So, now, in the immortal words of Mick Foley and/or Jon Bon Jovi, have a nice day.

Y'all wrong there,

Lugia is the trio master for the birds, and Ho-Oh is the trio master for the beasts. It's all spelled out on Bulbapedia. Johto's birds also just happen to be a duo themselves, but they act as trio masters for two entirely different trios. And thus, you have been successfully proven wrong. So, now, in the immortal words of Mick Foley and/or Jon Bon Jovi, have a nice day.

while i agree with you, the birds relation with lugia was never present in any games to my knowledge, it was just in that one movie i think. ho-oh relation with the dogs is far more explicit

There've been little hints that Lugia being the trio master of the Kanto birds is main-game-canon, though whether it was initially meant to be that way or it was imported from the anime over time is still unclear. There's a HGSS trailer that shows both Ho-oh with the beasts and Lugia with the birds, and now this "Sea Spirit's Den" which is associated with the birds for no apparent reason- Lugia being the "spirit" referred to there would make a decent amount of sense.

... There's also a gem called the "Sea Spirit" in the anime associated with the Whirl Islands. Make of that what you will.

The biggest one for me is why professor Sycamore picked the main character and the his/her friends to work on the pokedex for him. He's young and healthy enough to travel as much as he already does, so why not do it himself? He also seems to have many important connections so he could recruit some experts. Even if he wanted to give Calem and Serena a pokedex, that doesn't explain why he gave it to the other kids. He has no connection to their parents.

I don't know if someone on this forums has pointed this out already, but I was looking for the location to change Deoxys in the games for later on, as I didn't recall seeing such a location on my playthrough. After some quick browsing on some other Pokémon fan sites I found that the meteors to change Deoxys are located in the Ambrette Lab. But mysteriously, there are five meteors instead of the usual four. New form for Deoxys? I guess we have to wait till December when Bank comes out to find out.... Or maybe the hackers who unveiled Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa and other hidden content can find it out.

Y'all wrong there,

lugia or ho-oh are not stated to be the trio master of the birds in crystal, heart gold, or soul silver (im probably wrong though, sleepy as i write this)

as very clearly shown by some events in the anime (orange islands and stuff) anime=/=games

the only evidence i could find that backs up that lugia and the bird trio are related are in the 3rd movie, which means there is no correlation between the trio and lugia, and on the bulbapedia page it says nothing about it being the trio master.

god only knows what ho-oh is doing other than being a sparkly golden bird, and not to mention in the wiki it says "indirectly said in a MYTH that ho-oh formed the 3 beasts

(not to mention it just seems logical for the multicolored bird to be the master of different colored birds

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

For Heatran I saw a theory about it being Volcanion and not Heatran and that Volcanion will appear at that plaza.
The press editor, is it Alexa or what?
And I do not think Zygarde killed her. It seemed quite peaceful where it sat in its cave.

Looking at the formes of Deoxys, the only thing I could think of with the fifth meteorite is a HP Deoxys..

Or maybe there's a hidden Mega Stone in it that is only obtainable if you have a Deoxys in your party?

edit: just found something interesting, in the house in anistar city where a man tells you about xerneas, thers is a girl in the house who when you talk to after beating team flare she says: "I heard about the incident in Geosenge Town. They say that the strange group dressed in red managed to find Xerneas asleep somewhere. A few years back a different group of people came around here, asking the same questions."

Who is this different group? also, where DID they find xerneas/yvetal?

I saw that too. Maybe Team Flare dressed up in blue?

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

For Heatran I saw a theory about it being Volcanion and not Heatran and that Volcanion will appear at that plaza.
The press editor, is it Alexa or what?
And I do not think Zygarde killed her. It seemed quite peaceful where it sat in its cave.

Yeah, I think it might be Volcanion too...in fact I wonder if it lives under Lumiose and is what helps power it along with the Power Plants.

And I think Hoopa might be related to the Press Editor, because I think it's supposed to be like a Djinn who possibly spirits people away or something. I'm kind of wondering if it's a pun on the "Ring Films" (figurative ring in that sense, but still I could see them sort of punning off it with an actual ring-based Pokemon) and is related to the ghost girl too. Perhaps that's the editor?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom