• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Well, for better or worse, due to the fact the 3DS hasn't been fully hacked yet...as far as I know...this Gen, for the first time since Red and Blue really, we actually don't know everything there is to know. Of course, beyond simply hidden Event Legendaries, there are multiple oddly empty areas, strange and foreshadowing NPC dialogue, and unaccessible areas that many people have come across and speculated on. In this thread we, well, speculate on what possible answers lie behind these mysteries...are they simply GameFreak teasing us? Future Event locations? An in-game secret no one has figured out yet?

Here are some I've learned about:

* The Ghostly Hex Girl: This is the big one most people have come across...near the Hotel Richisme, on the 2F of the building where the Karate "Dance" Dojo, the game freaks out and a ghostly girl appears behind you, whispers "you're not the one", and disappears. It's really creepy and unsettling, but there's always these weird ghost sightings in Pokemon games now I don't know if it actually means anything or if it's just flavor. My theory? Bringing her a certain Pokemon we're unable to trade over at this point grants you a yet-unseen Mega Stone.

* Weird Lumiose Areas: There are a lot of weird back-alleys, including one across from the Ghost Girl's building, that are just empty...there are also some NPCs you run into around these areas that you can battle (I've found only two) who seem a bit off...one of them introduces himself as a Samurai for example...and disappear right after you beat them.

* Ghost House: On Route 14, as part of the story, you're forced to visit a haunted house and hear a ghost story about a man encountering faceless men, and then asked to pay a Tip or suffer. Nothing happens either way, and it's a really weird plot moment that's never explained. Just a stupid joke? Or hinting at something more?

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

* Lumiose Power Plants: There are multiple entrances to the Power Plant, and multiple buildings you can see in the background, that are inaccessible as the entrances are all closed bar the one you're required to go into during the plot. In the Lumiose Art Museum, the Power Plants are mentioned to focus on different types of energy, as well as described in poetic terms as being representative of so-and-so philosophy. Some people speculate there may be Event Legendaries hiding within them possibly.

* Tipping: What does it do? Masuda and co. mentioned they made Shinies easier to fine I recall seeing in an interview, leading some to think it influences the RNG for encountering Shinies, or simply just increases your "luck" overall. Maybe it's related to your Stylishness in Lumiose? Maybe it's just GameFreak fucking with us. Who knows?

* Fuupa, Diansii, Borukenion: Trademarked names that were found a few months ago alongside names of the Starter Evolutions and other Pokemon, they are yet to be matched up to any of the currently revealed Pokemon. Non-Pokemon names mistaken as such? Placeholder and/or early names? Or future Event Pokemon?

These are the ones I recall off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more you guys have run into and heard about.

Last edited:
* Ghost House: On Route 14, as part of the story, you're forced to visit a haunted house and hear a ghost story about a man encountering faceless men, and then asked to pay a Tip or suffer. Nothing happens either way, and it's a really weird plot moment that's never explained. Just a stupid joke? Or hinting at something more?

* Tipping: What does it do? Masuda and co. mentioned they made Shinies easier to fine I recall seeing in an interview, leading some to think it influences the RNG for encountering Shinies, or simply just increases your "luck" overall. Maybe it's related to your Stylishness in Lumiose? Maybe it's just GameFreak fucking with us. Who knows?

I heard tipping isn't a thing in Japan.....so if that's true maybe Game Freak just got really weirded out by tipping when they visited France

I know there's a thread about it already, but I can't help but bring the Strange Souvenir up. It's said to be of a legendary that's a protector from a region far from Kalos, yet the backpacker says it's not from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova either, not to mention it doesn't resemble any Pokemon we know, legendary or not. This region is supposibly the backpackers home-land, and he says that there is this town we wouldn't believe, and that "we will see it soon enough", and while many early speculators believed it was Hoenn and he was hinting at R/S remakes, I think he was talking about something else entirely...

On the topic of other regions, there is an NPC in one of the hotels that says something that has really interested me: "I heard there is a Waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!" It's possible this waterfall is in the same region as the backpacker, or somewhere else entirely, or it could just be another red herring from Game Freak, anything is possible at this point...

Now, going into things that are actually in Kalos, there's one place that has just fascinated me, being the Anistar Sundial. Few NPC's talk about it at all, the Kalos map saying that it may have came from space, while an NPC in the Anistar Pokemon Center saying it was made up of tecnhnology they couldn't understand, and created possibly by a legendary Pokemon, not to mention it just looks out of place with the rest of the game. We know virtually little about it other than it allows the Mega Ring to detect the Mega Stones post-game, not to mention that it's implied that Mega Evolution only happens in Kalos (until a later generation contradicts that of course, but that's another topic), so it's definitely possible that the Megas are linked to the sundial, with Mega Evolution only happening around a certain range of it, so there's definitely something about it that's important, and I also get the feeling there is an event legendary linked to it as well, like the resident Mew-esque pixie legend of Kalos living inside of it, but that's probably just me who thinks this.

Last edited:
There's really A LOT of unsolved mysteries for Kalos - to simply put it, it's really quite different than all other regions. It's too fishy that there were loads of important segments in the story without actually having some point to it. I think that's where DLC will come through, and would be focal for Kalos 2.0.

On the topic of other regions, there is an NPC in one of the hotels that says something that has really interested me: "I heard there is a Waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!" It's possible this waterfall is in the same region as the backpacker, or somewhere else entirely, or it could just be another red herring from Game Freak, anything is possible at this point...
Sounds like Distortion World, Generation IV.

* Weird Lumiose Areas: There are a lot of weird back-alleys, including one across from the Ghost Girl's building, that are just empty...there are also some NPCs you run into around these areas that you can battle (I've found only two) who seem a bit off...one of them introduces himself as a Samurai for example...and disappear right after you beat them.

The alleys are used for the postgame storyline. I'm not sure if there will be another use for them in the future but they are used.

it's possible that the guy is talking about distortion world, however it's unlikely given that very few people even know about distortion world existance, and even fewer visited it (namely the PC, Cynthia and Cyrus)

i have yet to play the game, but i've been very curious about this non related plot mysteries, and i really like the potential secrets unrevealed this generation has. the fact that we can't know what's inside the game makes me think that GF hid a lot of things from us that we haven't discovered and may be unlocked over time with events or something

I wouldn't say that, since few people know about it in the series, and even fewer have actually visited it, all being important characters in Platinum, not some random, insignificant NPC. Besides, the NPC said it was in the Pokemon world itself, not the Distortion World which is a completely separate dimension with only a single inhabitant in the form of Giratina.

I'm also wondering about the Chamber of Emptiness. Sure, it was used to hold a Mega Stone and a Plate but that surely can't be the only use for it, can it? I know that Scorched Slab in Ruby and Sapphire was a tiny area to hold one item but this seems to be different to me... Event Legendary location maybe?

As for the editor of the Lumiose Press, maybe we'll see them in some sort of DLC or maybe there'll be a continuation of X and Y, rather like Black 2 and White 2, and they're just building up to that.

And the strange region that hiker talks about... Possible new Gen VI games? New region, same Pokémon? Who knows, it will be a first... But seeing the lack of Legendaries in X and Y, there may be more in this new possible game, or access to more from previous generations. Maybe we go past the right side of the map in one game? Maybe they're building up to some sort of trilogy? X and Y, then the next games you go to the right of the region and find the Lumiose Press person, and in the third game you have to go to this new region (or start there). Wishful thinking I know, but possible, right?

Its hinted that mega evolutions have something to do with kalos'legendaries and the ultimate weapon, but not confirmed. There are much talk about discovering the secret of mega evolutions, but no secret is discovered in the entire plot. I have a theory in wich the pokemons that were killed by the ultimate weapon transformed in to the mega stones for its species. Ex: if a lucario was killed, it was turned into lucarionite. It would be the same thing with soul dew, that has the soul of an latios.

One thing that gets to me: the Mewtwo mega-stones. If Mewtwo wasn't natural, how could there be Mewtwo megastones, unless science made the stones too.

My theory: They aren't really Mewtwo stones.... they are Mew stones, and we'll see some type of event-exclusive Mega-Mew in the future.

The only people who could have seen the waterfalls in the Distortion World are the player character, Cynthia & Cyrus. No-one else went in there iirc.

Also, backing up what Robo-Floatzel said, I think the Strange Souvenir, and the guy who gives it to you, are the biggest mysteries at the moment.

The Hex Maniac on the 2F of a building in Lumiose is one of the weirdest things ever in this series. It totally gave me weird vibes while it happened.

I just wanna know if Goodra is the pseudo-legendary, can anyone tell me anything about this?

Seems like it, it apparently has a 600 BST. (Serebii has the same numbers, as well.)

I'm also dying to know what is up with the Power Plant, especially since I was too convinced that it was Team Flare's lair at first. Why so many buildings, and yet we only have access to one of them (at least for now)? And of course that Hex Maniac in Lumiose City, but I think that's on everyone's list at this point.

I don't know if the base stats are confirmed. But if you have a look at the National Dex, you can see that Goodra and its pre-evos are placed close to the end. Yes, there are some non-legendary mons that come afterwards, but all those mons only have one evolution, if at all. So it might be that Goodra is indeed this generation's pseudo-legendary. But this is not sure up to now.

Back to topic. For me, one of the most mysterious things is the station of Couriway Town. Why has this place a station when no train is going to or leaving from there? Possible event? Only Gamefreak knows. But actually, I'm fine with this. I really like that we do not know anything other than what we've played with so far.

I don't know if the base stats are confirmed. But if you have a look at the National Dex, you can see that Goodra and its pre-evos are placed close to the end. Yes, there are some non-legendary mons that come afterwards, but all those mons only have one evolution, if at all. So it might be that Goodra is indeed this generation's pseudo-legendary. But this is not sure up to now.

Back to topic. For me, one of the most mysterious things is the station of Couriway Town. Why has this place a station when no train is going to or leaving from there? Possible event? Only Gamefreak knows. But actually, I'm fine with this. I really like that we do not know anything other than what we've played with so far.
Base stats are sort of confirmed, may be a little off though. Check serebii.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom