• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

has anyone else managed to find the dialogue boxes? im in chamber of emptiness and its not showing up
maybe i need all the megastones?

I've noticed lately that some of the NPC dialogue in Lumiose City has changed (the ones that kind of pop up when you pass). I can't remember exactly when this happened, does anyone know what triggers the changes? I'm wondering if there are other dialogues that have changed somewhere in the game.\

Edit: Did the Sea Spirit guy say anything specific about how he encountered the dialogues? Like did he have all three birds or something specific? I'd like to try and trigger this event myself, especially if it leads to Lugia or something exciting like that.

Last edited:
I've noticed that Looker's Croagunk doesn't appear in XY, when I searched for him in Bulbapedia, I've discovered that he said his Pokémon was killed, but didn't specified what Pokémon, making me think that his Croagunk was killed...
What do you think?

He just updated. People were calling fake, but now this in the Chamber of Emptiness:

-snip-

Is that the ghost girl from Lumiose? Has she found the one??

I've noticed lately that some of the NPC dialogue in Lumiose City has changed (the ones that kind of pop up when you pass). I can't remember exactly when this happened, does anyone know what triggers the changes? I'm wondering if there are other dialogues that have changed somewhere in the game.\

The passerby dialogue changes around by itself. Some of it goes back and forth, and some of it changes permanently (my favourite being "I'll miss you!" "Don't be sad, I'm only a short TMV ride away!" becoming "I'm back!" "It really is just a short ride away.") No idea what triggers it, but I doubt it's anything important.

Apparently some people are speculating that if you bring the Pokemon depicted in the hedges to the garden, it'll unlock a Reshiram/Zekrom event. Sounds farfetch'd, but, then again, the Regis had some pretty odd methods needed to find them...
well has anyone tried it? or are Chandelure and Solrock unavailable in X/Y?
You can get both, actually. Forgot where to find Litwick, but you get Solrock in Glittering Cave. As for those "................!" dialogue boxes, well, um...way 2 spooky

Litwick is found in the Lost Hotel.

I've noticed that Looker's Croagunk doesn't appear in XY, when I searched for him in Bulbapedia, I've discovered that he said his Pokémon was killed, but didn't specified what Pokémon, making me think that his Croagunk was killed...
What do you think?

It's definately Croagunk.

On his desk is a picture that says something like "a bluish Pokemon is standing next to him".

I'm positive the Lumiose ghost girl is part of some convoluted sidequest-type thing (like the Curtis/Yancy one, but more on Regi levels of Guide Dang it) that we haven't discovered yet due to it being just that convoluted. I'm skeptical of the validity of these screenshots, but if they are legitimate, I think we'll find out the ghost girl's secret soon.

It's a bit of long shot but has anyone tried going around with relicanth as your lead Pokemon and wailord as your last Pokemon. It's worth a shot given all the other generation three references in this game.

I'm sure the ".............." messages in Chamber of Emptiness and the other cave are fake. I just explored them step by step and didn't get anything. And if it was in fact true, someone somewhere on the internet would have found out by now.

I'm sure the ".............." messages in Chamber of Emptiness and the other cave are fake. I just explored them step by step and didn't get anything. And if it was in fact true, someone somewhere on the internet would have found out by now.

Or the actual trigger is just something extremely obscure, and this guy is the only one who a)triggered it (probably without even noticing), b) went back to the caves and c)bothered to post about it on the internet.

Though some investigation would be nice. What's that image analysis site some guys used to check those shiny starter photos for shooping way back when?

Maybe the Chamber of Emptiness is where a Hoopa event could take place?

I'm sure the Chamber will be used for something, since it does appear on the map as a location. It wouldn't be there if it didn't have some sort of purpose. But I happen to think this particular "event" is fake. Well, I'm sure if it is true people will eventually find out.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6dd965240150b39f90c48348fd79c868/tumblr_mw36g5iAtE1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg
I was waiting for something like this to show up since I could only make out some of the mazes from the balcony....what's the top left hedge supposed to look like? We have Solrock, Chandelure, and Pyroar.

Before the courtyard is a statute of a knight with golurk, palpitoad and eevee. Can't get the toad yet unfortunately so who knows. I'd think there would instead be an event when you bring reshiram and zekrom over from black.

You can get Palpitoad through Friend Safari...

In fact I have one in my Safari, as I am the chosen one.

The whole "you are not the one" thing makes me think of a charlie bucket style lottery where some game, somewhere, "is" the one and gets a special pokemon.

Biggest mystery to me is the weirdness of Az (don't read if you didn't find him in the game)! I mean... he's a giant person!! Why!? People were giants in ancient Pokemon World history!? For me, he's an alien who travelled to the Pokemon World to rule them all, just like Xerxes played by Rodrigo Santoro in the 300 movie ;D... It's the only answer that fits to me... It's the kind of thing that GF won't explain to you. They just decided it was going to be that way... The reason doesn't matter. I don't know what to say, but, I just think this giant thing should not exist. Az should be normal sized! ;D

I wasn't sure if anyone had tried it before, so I went ahead and tried bringing Solrock, Chandelure, and a Male Pyroar to the Parfum Palace Garden, and nothing happened. I was thinking about trying to bring a Golurk, Eevee, and Palpitoad next, so I might go do that now.

Biggest mystery to me is the weirdness of Az (don't read if you didn't find him in the game)! I mean... he's a giant person!! Why!? People were giants in ancient Pokemon World history!? For me, he's an alien who travelled to the Pokemon World to rule them all, just like Xerxes played by Rodrigo Santoro in the 300 movie ;D... It's the only answer that fits to me... It's the kind of thing that GF won't explain to you. They just decided it was going to be that way... The reason doesn't matter. I don't know what to say, but, I just think this giant thing should not exist. Az should be normal sized! ;D

More likely hes from pokemon Viking land and traveled south to pokefrance and became their king.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom