• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

I wasn't sure if anyone had tried it before, so I went ahead and tried bringing Solrock, Chandelure, and a Male Pyroar to the Parfum Palace Garden, and nothing happened. I was thinking about trying to bring a Golurk, Eevee, and Palpitoad next, so I might go do that now.

Just tried this, and it didn't work. The only other Pokemon who I can can think to bring are Milotic, Bisharp, and Dratini, but after three runs in the E4 I don't feel like trying anything else. I'm wondering if the first hedge maze is a Pokemon afterall, or if there is no event whatsoever.

Biggest mystery to me is the weirdness of Az (don't read if you didn't find him in the game)! I mean... he's a giant person!! Why!? People were giants in ancient Pokemon World history!? For me, he's an alien who travelled to the Pokemon World to rule them all, just like Xerxes played by Rodrigo Santoro in the 300 movie ;D... It's the only answer that fits to me... It's the kind of thing that GF won't explain to you. They just decided it was going to be that way... The reason doesn't matter. I don't know what to say, but, I just think this giant thing should not exist. Az should be normal sized! ;D

I think MatPat from game theory explained why he was giant and what he's supposed to be in one of his videos, forgot which one though.

Biggest mystery to me is the weirdness of Az (don't read if you didn't find him in the game)! I mean... he's a giant person!! Why!? People were giants in ancient Pokemon World history!? For me, he's an alien who travelled to the Pokemon World to rule them all, just like Xerxes played by Rodrigo Santoro in the 300 movie ;D... It's the only answer that fits to me... It's the kind of thing that GF won't explain to you. They just decided it was going to be that way... The reason doesn't matter. I don't know what to say, but, I just think this giant thing should not exist. Az should be normal sized! ;D

I think MatPat from game theory explained why he was giant and what he's supposed to be in one of his videos, forgot which one though.

It was actually Goomba: The Pokemon X and Y French Connection - Game Exchange - YouTube

Relevant part starts at 5:10 but watch the whole thing anyway because it's pretty great.

^And what support do you have for your theory?
It was actually Goomba: The Pokemon X and Y French Connection - Game Exchange - YouTube

Relevant part starts at 5:10 but watch the whole thing anyway because it's pretty great.

This is wonderful. It actually explains a lot about his rea-world origins (now if Game Freak would only explain his in-game origins.....)

It's just a theory I don't need support. Until GF decides to tell us what he is everything is speculation. But I will say that people in northern europe were huge back then...just not as huge as AZ. So my new theory is aliens. ALIENS EVERYWHERE.

So let's go back to that explanation that AZ is partially based on the "Wandering Jew" archetype

Wandering Jew archetype:
- Cursed to walk the Earth until the second coming due to a past transgression
- Typically the transgression is against Jesus Christ (i.e., taunting him at the crucifixion)

AZ:
- Cursed to walk the earth after his transgressions against Floette
- Mysteriously disappears after Floette came down to Earth

Floette:
- Died and was revived
- Returned to Earth (second coming?)

Floette is Jesus

.-.

Liked the video and your discussion after! Things seems to fit better now! I like Az better now... ;D It's still creepy, though!

I just circled lumiose like 6 times and I realized something. That one alleyway that used to be blocked off, I cant find it any more...

One mystery for me...

People on here have been talking about a war. Is it possible that war wiped out so much of the native pokemon life that they had to import species to restart the local ecologies? It would explain why this region has so few native pokemon and so many from other regions.

One other item... Is it possible the key to the sundial lies not in the present, but in the past?

One mystery for me...

People on here have been talking about a war. Is it possible that war wiped out so much of the native pokemon life that they had to import species to restart the local ecologies? It would explain why this region has so few native pokemon and so many from other regions.

What makes you so sure the non-Gen VI Pokemon aren't indigenous to Kalos? There's evidence that some populations, such as Kalos' Lucario population, may have developed from immigrating species. The founder of Mega Evolution, if I recall, wasn't native to Kalos so at the very least, the Riolu may be the offspring of this original Lucario.

Lysandre also has many texts chronicling the war:

northernmost shelves
Over the ages, people and Pokemon worked alongside one another and created many things. As a result of this, a leader appeared among the humans. That leader sought to produce even more goods. Increased population of goods created a gap between haves and have-nots.
The mountains will never know one another, but people can encounter other people. And people and Pokemon mix together.
Full of sorrow, AZ built the ultimate weapon. When he did this, he left the following words. “What’s wrong with bringing something you love back into this world? Without my beloved Pokemon, no other Pokemon have any meaning!”
lower shelves (right)
The king’s name was AZ, and he was both the beginning and the end. He used technology unlike any seen during that era to unite Kalos for the first time.
The king was proud of the technology he had used to bring Kalos prosperity, but he couldn’t help but use it in a way that had never been intended… AZ, the man who was king, disappeared.
When AZ, the man who was king, vanished, he took the key to the ultimate weapon. That is the item required to activate the weapon.
lower shelves (left)
The king couldn’t escape war with those who targeted a wealthy Kalos. The war grew so violent and ugly, the king was forced to send his own beloved Pokemon into battle.
AZ had a younger brother. It’s said he led a legion of greedy souls who wanted to seize the Kalos region. His dark intention was to make it his own. But when he saw Kalos had been ravaged by the war, he took the weapon his brother had created, and he buried that weapon deep underground.
The king’s younger brother told his progeny the location of the ultimate weapon and died. That is something to be used by sophisticated powers, not by humans. Human beings must create a world where such a weapon is not necessary…

The lower shelves on the left suggests that other nations invaded Kalos. We know from flashbacks that Abomasnow were strapped onto the stone that powered AZ's weapon. Perhaps the majority of Kalos' non-Gen VI Pokemon were refugees from opposing armies who tried to escape the war?

Yeah, thats it! I seem to get all these videos mixed up... :|

The ghost girl in one of the Lumiose City Office Buildings is pretty freaky, the music acts unusual and the dialog is pretty creepy with her moving right past you.

Read some pretty interesting theories on the Hex maniac.

She says "no, you're not the one".

Maybe she's looking for a player with a specific player ID number?

This hasn't been confirmed though.

Otherwise, maybe part of an event? One of those three event Pokemon we have seen that are coming soon?

I've seen the player ID/secret ID theory being thrown around quite a lot, but I personally can't see that being the deal at all. Why should, in theory, only one (or at least a select few) player/s out of everyone be able to see the truth?

IMO, it's either part of something/a story that will be continued in another game, or just something put there to creep people out (mostly leaning towards the latter, actually).

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom