• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Alright, I'm unsure if this has been mentioned yet, but a lady in Anistar City said, "If this were a mystery novel a treasure would be hidden at the end of the sundial's shadow" this is a bit strange since you can never even access the end of the sundial's shadow. We'll probably never know since Pokemon isn't a mystery novel. I'm still curious if it might be a megastone or something of the like.

I noticed that and tried checking the ground all around the sundial. Nada.

Maybe in the next game?

Maybe. It also might be a really obvious site for an event Pokemon, but there's nowhere to put it and the sundial already has a purpose as the source of the mega stones. Besides, I think we're passing off too many things as "to be continued". X and Y should have some things to themselves.

It's a possibility that the Chamber of Emptiness will be used for one of those hidden legendary pokemon that hacker found.

It's a possibility that the Chamber of Emptiness will be used for one of those hidden legendary pokemon that hacker found.

If you've seen the leaked appearances of them Hoopa seems the most likely in my opinion. This is just based on their appearances, though.

Ok, I know a lot of people are passing the weird dialogue boxes off as fake, but I just had this idea and wanted feedback.

The weird Hex Maniac/ghost girl says 'You are not the one' and we talked about someone somewhere actually being 'the one'.

We also realized that apparently, no-one else is capable of activating the dialogue boxes besides this one guy. In a leaked image he is shown talking to a hex maniac, possibly the ghost girl.

So, maybe this guy is 'the one' and managed to activate a secret event involving the ghost girl and the mystery dialogue boxes.

Of course, there's every chance that it is fake and this is me trying to connect dots that don't exist, but I feel like every option should be explored here.

Ok, I know a lot of people are passing the weird dialogue boxes off as fake, but I just had this idea and wanted feedback.

The weird Hex Maniac/ghost girl says 'You are not the one' and we talked about someone somewhere actually being 'the one'.

We also realized that apparently, no-one else is capable of activating the dialogue boxes besides this one guy. In a leaked image he is shown talking to a hex maniac, possibly the ghost girl.

So, maybe this guy is 'the one' and managed to activate a secret event involving the ghost girl and the mystery dialogue boxes.

Of course, there's every chance that it is fake and this is me trying to connect dots that don't exist, but I feel like every option should be explored here.

I really don't think gamefreak would have set up something like that. It would leave too many people angry st not being able to get what that person would get. And wouldn't the girl have said something different in the elevator? If she did then the guy would have posted it long before. If not then you obviously can become "the one" if that's how this worked and if the pics are even real. The fact almost every phone in existance can record video now and the guy opted to only take a photo for something so big...seems too fishy.

I really don't think gamefreak would have set up something like that. It would leave too many people angry st not being able to get what that person would get. And wouldn't the girl have said something different in the elevator? If she did then the guy would have posted it long before. If not then you obviously can become "the one" if that's how this worked and if the pics are even real. The fact almost every phone in existance can record video now and the guy opted to only take a photo for something so big...seems too fishy.

Yeah. You're right. It's a silly theory... I just want SOME explanation of the ghost girl.

Yes.

Another thing that bothers me is why alexa gets her own model but she does basically nothing. On top of that it seems she is a major character in the anime. Very probably she will have a major role in an event sidequest or the next game/s. Perhaps she helps you find the lost director or something.

SIGNIFICANT THEORY:

Backwards waterfall

Unknown separate region

What does this make you think of? it makes me think of tohjo falls; which connects the Johto region with the Kanto region, and predominantly features a waterfall. But what does it imply when a waterfall flows backwards? TIME TRAVEL, BABY!!! This is why I believe that in the next game, the hiker will take us through time (celebi?) to a region where we can catch extinct pokemon in the wild, this "past region" should also reveal more about the lives of our ghosts, explain the disappearances, and allow us to understand more about the life of Mew, who is perhaps the most mysterious pokemon of all (other than dunsparce). X Y and Z refer to the axes of a coordinate plane with 3 dimensions, which makes sense because this is the first 3D pokemon game. and following the same logic, gamefreak's next move would be to add in the 4th dimension: Time.

SIGNIFICANT THEORY:

Backwards waterfall

Unknown separate region

What does this make you think of? it makes me think of tohjo falls; which connects the Johto region with the Kanto region, and predominantly features a waterfall. But what does it imply when a waterfall flows backwards? TIME TRAVEL, BABY!!! This is why I believe that in the next game, the hiker will take us through time (celebi?) to a region where we can catch extinct pokemon in the wild, this "past region" should also reveal more about the lives of our ghosts, explain the disappearances, and allow us to understand more about the life of Mew, who is perhaps the most mysterious pokemon of all (other than dunsparce). X Y and Z refer to the axes of a coordinate plane with 3 dimensions, which makes sense because this is the first 3D pokemon game. and following the same logic, gamefreak's next move would be to add in the 4th dimension: Time.

I think I just crapped myself reading this. I actually really really hope this happens now. I need it.

W is usually used for the fourth axis so if they announce w and z I guess we will know ;3

SIGNIFICANT THEORY:

Backwards waterfall

Unknown separate region

First off, extinct Pokemon? Like Pokemon you can revive from fossils? If so, doubtful. It takes millions of years for something to fossilize, so it's unlikely there would be any humans around then.

And ghosts that show up without any explanation aren't new to Pokemon. The Old Chateau ghosts and the Marvelous Bridge girl--admittedly we got a partial explanation in Black 2 and White 2--for example. What's so different about this one?

I highly doubt either Mew or Celebi will play any part in any game anytime soon, outside of events. GF hasn't made event Legends available in-game without some sort of event-exclusive item yet, and it's doubtful that they'd start now. Besides, an event-exclusive region sounds ridiculous.

The backwards waterfall was likely just a throwaway line like so many other things.

And fourth dimension? Time's status as a dimension is debatable...besides, how would that work?

The next game should really deal with Zygarde rather than answering fans' questions. It is, after all, the only logical candidate for a third version or sequel's mascot, and it's doubtful that GF would pull a bait-and-switch on us.
W is usually used for the fourth axis so if they announce w and z I guess we will know ;3

But we don't have anything likely to be the mascot of a W version. Xerneas begins with X, Yveltal with Y, and Zygarde with Z. But we don't have any W Legendary. Hell, no Gen VI Pokemon's name starts with W.

First off, extinct Pokemon? Like Pokemon you can revive from fossils? If so, doubtful. It takes millions of years for something to fossilize, so it's unlikely there would be any humans around then.

And ghosts that show up without any explanation aren't new to Pokemon. The Old Chateau ghosts and the Marvelous Bridge girl--admittedly we got a partial explanation in Black 2 and White 2--for example. What's so different about this one?

I highly doubt either Mew or Celebi will play any part in any game anytime soon, outside of events. GF hasn't made event Legends available in-game without some sort of event-exclusive item yet, and it's doubtful that they'd start now. Besides, an event-exclusive region sounds ridiculous.

The backwards waterfall was likely just a throwaway line like so many other things.

And fourth dimension? Time's status as a dimension is debatable...besides, how would that work?

The next game should really deal with Zygarde rather than answering fans' questions. It is, after all, the only logical candidate for a third version or sequel's mascot, and it's doubtful that GF would pull a bait-and-switch on us.

But we don't have anything likely to be the mascot of a W version. Xerneas begins with X, Yveltal with Y, and Zygarde with Z. But we don't have any W Legendary. Hell, no Gen VI Pokemon's name starts with W.

It could be a new pokemon they haven't announced yet. And btw, I think the old chateau ghosts are a little girl and her butler that died of poisoning. There's an antidote in the garbage.

See, game freak usually makes some little thing to go on. In B2W2 we get the whole story. But not with the ghost girl, which is why I really want some explanation, or background, or something!

It could be a new pokemon they haven't announced yet. And btw, I think the old chateau ghosts are a little girl and her butler that died of poisoning. There's an antidote in the garbage.

See, game freak usually makes some little thing to go on. In B2W2 we get the whole story. But not with the ghost girl, which is why I really want some explanation, or background, or something!

Well, why would they bother putting Zygarde in X and Y, then?

That's just what you think. It's by no means what actually happened. And what makes you think that an Antidote in the trash means they died of poisoning? Sure, the Antidote cures poison, but, well, it cures poison. Oh, and IIRC, it was implied in a notebook found in the secret room of the Galactic Eterna Building that Charon used to live there, yet we have absolutely no idea what he has to do with the ghosts.

We only got snippets of what the Marvelous Bridge girl's deal was. She used to play around with an Abra while the bridge was being built...but why was the Lunar Wing in the Strange House? Why did it have to be taken to Marvelous Bridge of all places in order to return the Lunar Wing?

"An everlasting dark dream…An endless dream of darkness…Dad, Mom, Abra…Where are you…?"
"In the dark dream…I heard my dad’s voice…Forget about the Lunar Wing…Please stay here with me…"
"Oh… The Lunar Wing…I can’t take it now…But it’ll be OK…Please return the wing to the Pokémon…I was waiting on the bridge so I could return it myself…"

I'm not really seeing any answers here.

So there's a pretty breaking thing going on over at /vp/...

Might be fake, but basically a dude found a mysterious "............................!" dialouge box appear out of thin air in the Chamber of Emptiness, then in Sea Spirit's Den.

WvbUBs3l.jpg

Emptiness

ogS8ECn.jpg

Sea Spirit

/2spooky

Does the guy say anything about what pokemon he had in his party or what he did? Maybe standing there a long time will do it? Otherwise I'm calling fake. Besides, isn't that same text used by an npc somewhere? I thought I'd seen it before.

Well, in HGSS, if you visit Red in Mt. Silver, his quotes will exist out of exactly the same thing (all those dots and an exclamation mark), tough I don't see Red anywhere in Kalos, and he couldn't possibly get there, can he?

That's just what you think. It's by no means what actually happened. And what makes you think that an Antidote in the trash means they died of poisoning? Sure, the Antidote cures poison, but, well, it cures poison. Oh, and IIRC, it was implied in a notebook found in the secret room of the Galactic Eterna Building that Charon used to live there, yet we have absolutely no idea what he has to do with the ghosts.

We only got snippets of what the Marvelous Bridge girl's deal was. She used to play around with an Abra while the bridge was being built...but why was the Lunar Wing in the Strange House? Why did it have to be taken to Marvelous Bridge of all places in order to return the Lunar Wing?

"An everlasting dark dream…An endless dream of darkness…Dad, Mom, Abra…Where are you…?"
"In the dark dream…I heard my dad’s voice…Forget about the Lunar Wing…Please stay here with me…"
"Oh… The Lunar Wing…I can’t take it now…But it’ll be OK…Please return the wing to the Pokémon…I was waiting on the bridge so I could return it myself…"

The Lunar Wing is a cure for Darkrai's nightmares. The poor girl didn't get it in time and died.

The Lunar Wing is a cure for Darkrai's nightmares. The poor girl didn't get it in time and died.

Where does it say that? 'Cause I've played through that little thing on three different save files, and not once was anything like that mentioned.

Where does it say that? 'Cause I've played through that little thing on three different save files, and not once was anything like that mentioned.

Do you mean, where does it say that the Lunar Wing cures Darkrai's nightmares? It says in pokemon platinum, Cresselia and Darkrai event.

W X Y Z O_O
It would make sense!

You do have a point to the next game having to do with Zygarde, I mean they did base Black/White 2 on Kyurem who was just some legendary in a cave, same with Zygarde. Also, Game Freak hasnt made a quadrople that would be available, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are a triple not including an event Pokemon known as Arceus, so you are possibly right with there no being a W legendary. But to sum things up on this, Game Freak, to common believe, based the new legendaries on Norse Mythlogy. I dont think theres four legendary Pokemon in this version or any version to come.
Before I get replied to anyone on the quadrople thing, Regi's aren't either. The trio was in 3rd gen, regigigas was found in the 4th making him not part of the group in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

W X Y Z O_O
It would make sense!

You do have a point to the next game having to do with Zygarde, I mean they did base Black/White 2 on Kyurem who was just some legendary in a cave, same with Zygarde. Also, Game Freak hasnt made a quadrople that would be available, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are a triple not including an event Pokemon known as Arceus, so you are possibly right with there no being a W legendary. But to sum things up on this, Game Freak, to common believe, based the new legendaries on Norse Mythlogy. I dont think theres four legendary Pokemon in this version or any version to come.
Before I get replied to anyone on the quadrople thing, Regi's aren't either. The trio was in 3rd gen, regigigas was found in the 4th making him not part of the group in my opinion.

Well all triples have leaders. Regigigas is the leader of the Regis, arceus is the leader of the time space trio, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom