• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unused Z-Moves

Do you think we'll get ALL of them?

• Of course. There's still time!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Most, but not all.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Looks like they'll be left out

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

SammyW27

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid/pointless topic, but I'm very curious.

SM's days are numbered, but there are several Z-Moves that haven't been animated yet.

There's still the Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Poison ones (It's a given that Lillie will use Subzero Slammer at some point).

There are also the specific Z-Moves for Decidueye, Alolan Raichu, Mew, Kommo-o, The Island Guardians, and Ultra Necrozma.

Now, it's likely a lot of them will be shown during the Alola League. Hau can use Sinister Arrow Rain. Plumeria can use Acid Downpour if she partakes. I can see Mina participating to use Twinkle Tackle, and Acerola gracing us while showing off Never-Ending Nightmare. The odd man out is Shattered Psyche.

The specific Z-Moves are more tricky. They could be used in the League, but they and rest mentioned could be used afterwards. One thing I've thought about is the pancake waitress using Stoked Sparksurfer and/or Shattered Psyche. Maybe both to get 2 Flying-types with one Rock-type move. :unsure:

The really iffy part is the remaining Z-moves used by Legendaries. Unless, of course, they just use them for the heck of it like Marsahdow did in M20, and how Legendaries randomly Mega-Evolved in the XY Movies and specials. In particular, I have a really hard time seeing when or how Mew could use Genesis Supernova unless they stoop to shoe-horning into M22 (Arceus forgive them).

What do you guys think? Do think EVERY Z-Move will be used by SM's end since they're on a roll anyway? Or will a few fall through the cracks and go unanimated because they just can't fit them in?

Last edited:
In particular, I have a really hard time seeing when or how Mew could use Genesis Supernova unless they stoop to shoe-horning into M22 (Arceus forgive them).
I would actually be surprised if this didn't happen. M22 seems like mostly a 1 on 1 remake of M01 so far (aside from Mewtwo's updated suit) but I think this is too obvious an opportunity for the writers to pass up. The writers always like to shove in Legendary power-ups, think Mega Diancie, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike. Heck, they even threw in Perfect Zygarde in M19 for the heck of it. I doubt they would feature Mega Mewtwo X or Y since Megas aren't the hot thing anymore in the anime but Genesis Supernova seems very likely to me.

As for the other Z-Moves...
  • The remaining type-based Z-Moves will likely all be shoved into the League, which is already shaping up to be one big Z-Move fest.
  • Surprisingly, we haven't seen Stoked Sparksurfer yet, but we could potentially see that if Nina is in the league (although that seems unlikely to me).
  • I'm like 99% sure we will see Hau use Sinister Arrow Raid in the league.
  • Clangorous Soulblaze will likely get no spotlight unless someone in the League has a Kommo-o
  • Same for Guardian of Alola. Unless SM has another big multi-episode arc in which the Tapus defend Alola or whatever, but SM is almost out of time so... IMO, they missed an opportunity of featuring it in the Necrozma arc.
  • Same applies to Light That Burns the Sky basically. Unless Necrozma has to save the day at the end of SM somehow, it's extremely likely we will not get to see it.
That's all for the ones we haven't seen yet I believe.

I have a hard time imagining how Mew would use its Z-Move in the anime when it's unlikely that we'll see another Mew in SuMo in the coming months imo. I don't think the movie's Mew will use a Z-Move, but even if it does it wouldn't exactly be canon anyway.

But it's possible that the writers won't even care about showcasing all of the remaining Z-Moves in SuMo since they know that Z-Moves are now officially on the brink of extinction. So what's the point of giving them more focus?

We’ll see all the type specific ones, but not all the exclusive ones- we’ll still probably see Raichu and Decidueye’s moves but, the Tapus, Mew, Necrozma, Marsahdow- I’ve reason to doubt...

Well!
Looks like most of them WILL be in the League after all! :oops:

It looks like your hopes will some true! :D
I was afraid that they'll scrap Raichu in favour of the pancake girl using it, and now it’s Hau's signature Pokémon! There isn’t much time left, but I hope they show Raichu's personality well.
Raichu's love, Raichu's life.

Looks like they abandoned Rowlet's rivalry storyline with Hau, as he is already defeated by it. Maybe that's where Pikachu will shine?

So... Ash's Pikachu battling in the Battle Royal round, possibly against Hau's Decidueye and the Masked Royal's Incineroar? I really want to bash Pikachu in the head ever since it won against Mimikyu in the trial.

I hope Ash goes by type advantage against Decidueye and gives poor Torracat an opportunity to use Firium Z in present time.

Well. So much for them being used during the League... o_O

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom